Chat:Lilyroxd_

Authors' Fun Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud cheers for another amazing author Lilyroxd_

1.What is your aff user name?
It's Lilyroxd_ but I usually go by just Lily.

Though some of my friends on aff have their own nicknames for me hehehe~

2.How many stories have you published so far in aff?
Three, out of which one is almost fully completed in my drafts, while the other two are still WIP. I also have fanfic recommendations for EXO which I am slowly updating with my own recommendations and the ones recommended by my readers :)


3.Do you write on a particular fandom?
For now, I only write for EXO and it will probably stay that way even in the future. Though, idols from different groups (primarily SHINee, Big Bang, NCT and BTS) do feature in my stories. I'm a multistan but I just prefer writing for EXO.

4.Generally what is your source of inspiration or motivation to write?
My inspiration to write could come from a quote, a song lyric, an MV, a poem, etc. One of my newest fics, Serendipity, is actually based on a dream I recently had, though of course, I added a lot of things from my own imagination, but the inspiration to write it stemmed from a dream. As for motivation, it really depends on my mood and sometimes even a comment from one of my readers is a source of motivation for me to keep writing.

5.Many authors suffer from writers block sometime..How do you think they should deal with it?
The best way is to probably step away from that particular writing project for a while and focus your creativity somewhere else. Like drawing something, baking, cooking, or simply watching movies or listening to some good music. Instead of stressing yourself out when writer's block happens, and focusing on the place where you are stuck at, the best way is to ride it out by taking a break and simply focusing on something else. Of course, it is important to keep writing even if you are on a break. Keep a journal, write down a few sentences everyday, or write short stories using prompts, it keeps your creativity flowing and that way you won't feel like a stranger when you come back to the story.

6.If you place yourself as a reader..which element in a story catches the attention of a reader?
Mostly the plot, but sometimes I read just because I find the way the author uses words quite eye catching.

7.How would you deal with negative comments on your story. Do you think criticizing comment influences on a writer's mind in a better way?
I try to step into that reader's shoes and think about why they said what they said. It is important to be open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter