UNEXPECTED CHOICES

U N E X P E C T E D
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The long wait is over! Hehe. I plan to update weekly but it turns out to be monthly or longer. In return here's your 12 page chapter. Please continue to patiently wait for the updates and thank you for still reading and patronizing the story!

 

CHAPTER 19

= = UNEXPECTED CHOICES = =

I wake up and feel all the coldness, not just pertaining to the temperature but also for waking up being alone. I scan the area and accidentally slept at the couch. I am waiting for Wendy to arrive upon texting my address, but no one came.

I prepare myself to have a late breakfast at the nearest café in the town. I found myself entering the same café where I encounter the two evil maknaes. I suddenly remember their promise that we will meet again today so I look around hoping to find them but no signs even their shadows.

It leaves me no choice but to eat alone.

At the final bite of my food I look around, still hoping to see my new friends. I sigh. “I guess they are not coming.”

I was about to stand up when I see the person who is entering the café. I even rub my eyes to confirm that I am not imagining things. It is none other than Kang Seulgi, the leader of the group where Wendy belongs. What is she doing here? But the shock was not yet over, she is followed by Joy and Yeri who looks around and seems like looking for someone.

When I meet the scanning eyes of Yeri, she smiles and drags Seulgi and Joy towards my direction. I look at the café door expecting for another person to come in but no one enters.

Seulgi looks at me, scanning my whole body and smile.

“I guess I know the reason why you demand to have a late breakfast here.” She says while looking at the two.

Joy and Yeri just giggled.

Joy looks at my table and gets the idea that I am done eating. She makes me sit again while saying. “Unnie, join us for our breakfast.”

“But…” I am not be able to continue what I am about to say because they ran towards the counter to order, which means Seulgi and I left alone together.

She sits beside me and a total silence can be heard.

“Ahm.” We say at the same time.

“Yes go ahead unnie.” Seulgi said.

I raise my eyebrow and ask “What are you doing here?”

She is taken aback on my sudden question, compose herself and smiles “The company grants us a vacation so here we are. I just arrive last night while the maknaes spent already three days here. If I am not mistaken you meet them yesterday?”

I smile and nodded.

“Are you a bit annoyed because of them?” she stands up and bows. “In behalf of them, I am sorry. They are a bit annoying but trust me they have their own ways to make you happy and feel comfortable.”

I move closer to her and smile. “No please stop it.” I look at her eyes and bows, which earns a gasp from her, and says “I am the one who should be thankful; they help me realize a lot yesterday.”

We both smiled and wash away the awkwardness between the two of us.

“What’s going on? Why both of you are standing?” Joy asks.

“Unnie, here’s our brunch. Sit down and let’s eat.” Yeri also appears carrying a tray full of foods.

The breakfast/lunch is unexpectedly enjoyable. We shares different views and points in life. We listen to each other really well and respect each other opinions. This conversation makes me feel like I am back as a college student again.

“Do you have any plans for the rest of the day unnie? Wanna join our little party later?” Seulgi suddenly interrupts our laugh.

Both of the maknaes gasp.

“Are you sure unnie?” Joy asks raising an eyebrow.

I look at both of them and analyze the reason behind their gasp. There’s something probably wrong with the invitation? And I must decline the offer. But upon looking at the bearlike smile of Seulgi. My head automatically nodded and says. “Sure, it’s my pleasure.”

Seulgi and Yeri claps while Joy looks bother. Whatever is the reason I will think of the answer on it later.

 

 

I am done preparing my stuffs for the party that Seulgi’s talking about. They reserve a house type cottage in a resort here in town, plan to do some activities and ofcourse swim.

For the last time I check my bag and myself infront of the mirror. I am combing my hair when I realize “How can I join them? They don’t tell me the details of this party. What I just know is that I am invited.” I try to scan the contacts in my phone but I don’t have their numbers.

 

 

My question is finally answered when I heard a car horn outside the house. I grab my things and excitedly exited the house. My smiles suddenly change to shock when the driver of the car go out.

“Hi. Are you ready?”

I blink three times and even pinch my arm to know if I am dreaming. “Wendy?”

She smiles and put her hand on her nape to scratch it, making me feel how shy she is.

“What are you doing here?” I ask. Well obviously I know the reason but I want to know what really it is.

“Oh, Yes. Hi! Miss Irene. (Irene? Something is wrong with my heart) Seulgi ask me to fetch and bring you to the house we rented before going to the resort. Since she knew that you texted me last night the address of this mansion she didn’t hesitate to give me this task.” Wendy explained.

“So you received my text?” I ask raising an eyebrow and feel she get what I meant.

She bows and says. “Yes, and sorry for not showing, the handler changes and added some theme for the photoshoot which results to extended time for it. And the same reason why I am not be able to join them in their late breakfast. I just arrive and plan to go to sleep but after 5 minutes they ask me to pick you up.” She looks at me and smiles. “Ooops. TMI. Too Much Information.”

A valid explanation, you are forgiven Son Seungwan. I look at her but “Why are coming closer?”

She gives me a questioning look. “I am going to get and carry your bag. Is this all your stuffs? I am sure Seulgi and the rest of the gang is waiting for us.”

She comes close and her smell. Oh my God I miss her smell. I suddenly feel ‘needy’. My body wants to hug her and bring her inside the house, specifically to my room, to do it but my brain opposes.

I gasp when she touches my forehead. “Are you sick? Why are you so red?”

What? Am I that obvious? I clear my throat and reply “No I am not. Let’s go they are waiting right?”

I am walking towards the car when she screams. “Wait!” Then she wipes something in my face. “One of your eyelashes fall, it looks awkward.”

I look at her and she smiles. Is she this oblivious? Is she trying to flirt with me or it just her natural kindness? But either of the two, one thing is for sure, my feeling is starting to grow again.

“Perfect! Now let’s go.” She opens the door and gesture to come in. “Watch out for your head.”

It was a long, awkward drive. No one dares to talk but both of us can feel that we want to ask a lot of question to each other.

 

 

 

“We are here. Just go inside because I am sure they are waiting for you. I will not remove your bag at the back because this is the same car we are going to use in going to the venue. I am just going to park this.” She smiles and get out of the car to open the door for me.

“Thank you.” I smile.

“Ouch!” she says while touching rubbing her eyes.

“Omo! What’s wrong?” I ask with a concern voice.

“Your smile is so bright and lovely. For a second I thought I am going to be blind.” She laughs but it makes me blush.

I laugh and she said again. “Omo! You are laughing, stop it I am dying ha-ha!”

The awkwardness is gone because of the sound of our laugh.

“Ahem! What is going on?” Yeri blurted out.

“Oh, Perfect timing.” She says then looks at me and added. “Irene-ssi just follow Yeri and she will accommodate you and bring you inside where Seulgi and Joy is.”

“The house is not big she doesn’t need a tour guide.” Yeri answered sarcastically while Wendy heading towards the car.

“I just want her to be safe.” She shouted and enters the car.

Yeri look at me with an evil smile.

“What?” I ask.

“Hmmm. Nothing. Let’s get inside and make YOU safe.” Yeri deliberately increase the tone of her voice and smile.

The house is so cozy and from the front door I can smell the food they are cooking.

“Unnie!” I look at the kitchen and found that Seulgi is the one who call me.

I look around and didn’t found Yeri so I just walk towards Seulgi.

“Unnie we don’t need your beauty and smile here at the kitchen, what we need is an extra help.” Joy says.

“Shut up Joy, unnie is our guess why would you let her do a task?” Seulgi interrupted.

I look at Seulgi and say “No Seulgi, it is okay, anything you want me to do?”

I can see how Seulgi smiles. She was about to talk but Joy casually says. “Good, you will be Wendy unnie assistant for today, she is assign for a pasta dish so help her. Start it with cooking the pasta?”

I look at Seulgi and she looks apologetic but I just nod and give her an assurance smile. I look around and found the grocery bag. “Oh? So you all want to eat Carbonara?”

Seulgi nod while Joy hummed indicating that they are too busy. I put the ingredients at the table and when I am about to open the pasta I feel something behind my back.

It is Wendy! I can feel her front body at my back and she holds my hand preventing me on what am I going to do. Why the air suddenly become hot?

We are on the awkward position, a back hug.  My heart skips a beat when she whispers on my ears with a husky y voice. “What are doing unnie?”

“Helping you? I guess.”

“Ew. Unnie, get a room you two.” Yeri says upon entering the kitchen and a cue for us to move apart.

“We will later.” She looks at me and wink, then revert back her attention to Yeri and added “So don’t disturb us later.”

Yeri cover her ears and screamed “Unnie! Wendy unnie is talking dirty here. Yuck! I can’t take it.”

“Yah! Stop that you kid, come here and help us.” Joy commanded.

It leaves Yeri no choice but to follow.

I can feel that Wendy also starts to do her task. I look at her and ask “What do you want me to do? They assigned me as your assistant for the day.”

Wendy looks at me and says “Just sit there and everytime I am looking at you just smile and I will be energized.”

I can hear Seulgi and Joy choked but continue cooking.

“Ew! unnie that is so gross.” Yeri blurt out again.

“No I insist.” I come closer to her and whisper. “Look how busy they are and you are telling me to stay there? I want to be useful too.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter