UNEXPECTED PEOPLE

U N E X P E C T E D
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

= = CHAPTER 18 = =

UNEXPECTED PEOPLE

 

“What the hell?” I blurt out again, not believing the situation. I am with this two unexpected people.

“What are you guys doing here? How did you know this place? Why do you have that kind of picture? And once and for all does Wendy knows that you are here, JOY and YERI?” Series of questions I ask on them.

“. . . “

I am freaking out here but a complete silence echoed at the car, Yeri is looking at me but smirking while Joy is looking at the mirror at the center of the car and fixing her lipstick that is a bit mess because of the mask.

“YAH! ANSWER ME!” I added.

Joy gets off the driver’s side, open the passenger side door, gestured me to move at the center and sits beside me. Perfect! I am cornered by this two evil maknaes. I want to disappear on where I am now. Should I say the magic word ‘Zimzalabim!’ haha!

But Joy touches my hair and put some strands at my ear saying “Unnie relax. Do you want us to answer those questions one by one?”

I got chills on her sudden touch. “Ofcourse! And please don’t touch me, we are not yet close.” I coldly commanded and tapping her hand off of me.

She was taken aback and look at Yeri. A cue that telling her to talk.

I look at Yeri when she started to talk. “Yes we are not, but remember we have a copy of pictures of you and Wendy unnie kissing each other? So I guess we will be close in no time. Right miss H – J – B?

My eyes get bigger. “Miss HJB? What do you mean?” I look at both of them and I can feel that if they have a plan, they are executing it perfectly.

Joy smirks. “Don’t deny it. We are the resident detectives of our group. You can’t hide anything to us. Right Miss Bae Irene or should I say Miss Hyun-Joo-Bae? Ha-ha!”

I want to deny everything but they continue on speaking.

“I saw you at our autograph signing at your mall where Wendy unnie receives her first gift from that mysterious fan. Then I saw you at our concert, and at the time when you are at our agency building where you accidentally bump at her or should I say it is not pure coincidental?” Yeri says.

I keep quiet and listens to her deductions. Does it means that Wendy knows that I am her mysterious fan?

Yeri continues her story. “At first I thought it is pure coincidental but upon seeing you infront of our dorm’s gate holding a box with the same wrapper used by her mysterious fan. I connects all the dots and wow. Just wow unnie you are such a hardcore fan.”

[Please see chapter 10, this is the reason behind why Yeri is the one who give the gift of mysterious fan to Wendy directly.]

 

Joy added. “I saw it too, you are looking around the area but failed to look inside the house if someone is already awake. You thought that no one is up by that time right? But you are wrong Yeri and I are planning to have a morning walk so we woke up early. It is the same time Wendy unnie come back from that sudden emergency vacation. Did you follow her and make sure that she arrive safe? What a sweet little bunny here.”

I am speechless on their sudden confession, I am off guard and cannot deny it. I felt that I commit a crime with hard evidences.

“. . .” they are waiting for my response but this time I am the one who is completely silent.

Yeri laughs “ha-ha! Where is the unnie that is screaming just moments ago?”

I look at Joy and she just smirk.

“Does Wendy knows about it?” the first sentence that I says after this sudden confession.

They both gasp. “Don’t tell us you didn’t confess that you are her mysterious fan?” Joy says and my ear is hurt because she is almost screaming.

I just look down and move my head to say no.

“Babo!” Yeri says. I can feel that she meant this because I can feel her emotions in that one word.

“Excuse me? Is that for me? I am a CEO and no one dares to say it infront of my face.” I say angrily.

“Yes you are a CEO, you are the most intelligent and influential person in terms of business and even in showbizness but the hell, you are such an idiot when it is about LOVE.” Yeri says.

“You don’t know how that mysterious fan makes Wendy unnie happy and emotionally stable. She receives your gifts at the time she is feeling lonely and down.” Joy added.

Yeri gasps and says. “That explains why this past few days she is waiting a gift from this mysterious fan, she didn’t know it was you.”

“And it will be a double heartbreak for her. Poor little hamster.” Joy added.

The tandem of this two is really perfect, they fill each other lapses and good at emphasizing each other sentences.

I remain quiet as I process everything they say.

“What happen at your last day with her unnie? Why she looks gloomy that day?” Yeri ask.

“And why did you not fight her till the end? Why did you accept Bogum’s proposal?” Joy added.

I look at them but they panicked when they see tears falling at my eyes but I managed to scream. “Fight her till the end? Shouldn’t I’ll be the one to ask that? Am I not worth fighting for? You didn’t know all the efforts and sacrifices I did for her and yet you are telling me I didn’t fight for her till the end?”

They look at each other and look down. This is the first time I rant infront of someone, I remain strong and cold in the eyes of everybody even in my stylist, Bogum and my company’s employees, but deep inside I am dying and cannot bear the hurt I am having right now. I choose to remain quiet and solve it myself.

“I don’t deserve to be loved back?” and my tears continue to fall. “Is it my fault that I am not being loved back and be with the one I choose to love?”

I look at them but they are still looking down. “Did your Wendy unnie felt something for me or she just did all of it because of the contract.”

I laugh hard which makes both of them look at me. “I initiated and created that ing contract and at the end I am the one who suffers. If I didn’t make that contract I will not feel this heartbreak.” I look down and close my eyes.

I remain in that position and start to sobs because tears keeps on falling. After a few minutes, I can feel something warm that is covering my body. I open my eyes and I see that Joy is hugging me. I want to break it but she hugs me tighter and says. “We can feel how hard it is. We can feel how much you love our unnie, it is just so sad that we can’t do anything about it. But all I know is you can feel better with this. A comfortable and power hug.”

I can also feel that Yeri is starting to hug my back. “Cry as much as you want right now. It is just the three of us. We won’t judge you if you are going to show your weak side because like what Joy unnie said we can feel how hard it is. We look for you to give you comfort and hear your stories. We know that you have no one to cry on, so here we are, go and cry. But promise us that this will be the last time you are going to cry because of our Wendy unnie.”

I hug them in return.

I felt happiness and confusion at the same time.

HAPPINESS because I must admit that all the word that these kids say are all true. I have no one to listen on my rants and feelings, and a shoulder to cry on. I want to stay in this position forever and feel their warm hugs.

CONFUSION because of the word ‘the last time you are going to cry because of Wendy unnie’ are they telling me to move on and forget her?

Whatever it is I just to treasure this moment. A feeling of someone who is taking care of you. They are not close to me but I feel comfortable at their touch.

After a few minutes…

I stop crying, wipe my tears and put a smile in my face. I also break the hug, soft and comfortable hug, we are sharing. “We better stop this hug thing. It is too much skinship and I can feel that I am starting to develop feelings with you guys. Sorry, but I am loyal with your unnie.” I say while interchangeably looking at the eyes of both of them.

I can see a sincere smile on Yeri and Joy. “So, are you feeling better now? Joy ask.

“Are we not strangers anymore?” Yeri added.

I smile and nodded which makes the two of them hug me again.

I laugh, a genuine one because I gain two sisters, evil sisters, that I feel will be always on my side whenever I needed them. A moment ago the car is filled with tears but now it changed to laughter.

I slap their arms and gain an “ouch” from both of them.

Yeri look at me. “Are you bipolar? Do you have any attitude problem?”

I laugh and says. “No I’m not! But I didn’t forget that the questions I ask a while ago are not yet answered!”

Their eyes gets bigger and try to escape by going out the car but I immediately drag them.

“Unnie, I am going back to the driver’s side.” Joy pleaded.

“Shut up! Answer my questions first.” I commanded.

Yeri is also pleading using her hands and says “Can we just eat first? It’s almost lunch time. And I am hungry because of this too much drama.”

“Not until all my questions are answered.” I strongly disagree.

Joy laugh out which gain both of our attention.

“What is happening to you Joy unnie are you also become crazy like this girl?” Yeri says while pointing out at me.

“Yah! Who is crazy?” I scream out loud while giving her a hard tap on her arms.

Joy laugh hard again by looking on what we are doing. “So, you have this side Miss Irene. I find it amusing because the first time we saw you, you are so cold and hard to reach, but here you are showing to the two of us your immature side.”

I smile and want to say ‘yeah, I do. I think because I feel comfortable with you.’

“Don’t change the topic you crazy unnie. Why did you laugh hard?” Yeri interrupts me immediately.

“Remember how Miss Irene dialed Wendy unnie’s number and the first one she calls at the time she feels afraid and threatened?” Joy says while smirking.

I don’t know what kind of relationship this two have but their connection is one of a kind. Yeri’s lips immediately forms a smirk and added “Ha-ha! Yes she is. So you’re still hoping for her to rush wherever you are and save you? You do sure like fairytales unnie?”

“Why? She would not save and find me eventhough she heard me yelling at the other line? She already move on and forget about me?” I said.

Joy taps my back again and smile. “That’s not true unnie, but she is on her own schedule and four of our managers are with her so she have no excuse and time to leave that venue, but one thing for sure she will text you, haven’t you check your phone?”

Upon hearing it I quickly search for my phone and look at the screen. I am shaking upon seeing her name having 3 messages.

“Are you okay Irene unnie?”

“Where are you? Did something happen? Please reply back, I am worried.”

“Hmmm. Seems like you are playing a prank on me, I am on a pictorial today and they are calling me now. I am still worried so if I have time I will call you later to check on you. Keep safe Irene unnie.”

I keep on looking at the messages she sent. Am I dreaming is she concern on my whereabouts? But… but… but she calls me ‘Irene unnie’ not the usual Joohyun. I feel gloomy all of the sudden.

I can feel Yeri moves closer to me and aim to read the message Wendy sent to me.

“Joy unnie, she’s gonna call Irene unnie later during her breaktime.” Yeri giggled.

I look up and notice that Joy is already at the driver’s side.

“Good, let’s go and grab some food. I am hungry. Miss Irene, or should I say Irene unnie?” Joy hesitates but I nodded and smile. And she continues. “Irene unnie, where are we going to eat? We don’t know this place. Any suggestions?”

Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter