Chapter 17

Doshio

 

When they met at school again after the weekend, Kyungsoo could feel that there is a lot of trust and confidence in the way they behaved. As if the both of them really had the same idea about how to deal with this. First of all, they met at their usual spot in the street and got to school together, instead of separately. Secondly, neither of them could concentrate at all during classes. Not that they were learning anything anyway, these are the very last few days of school after they've finished their exams already. Just that they kept gazing at each other, exchanging notes, telling jokes... 

So much so that the teacher even had to call them out to be quiet. Which was the first time in Kyungsoo's career as a student when a teacher had to tell him to keep it quiet. If that hasn't given them enough attention from the classroom by lunch, then came Baekhyun with the third point. As Chanyeol moved his table to connect with Kyungsoo's so they could sit and eat together during lunch, both Baekhyun and Jongdae began interrogating them out of curiousity.

"W-We---..." Kyungsoo began mumbling, finding it hard to say due to the increasing speed of his heart. 
"We started dating." Chanyeol said instead, so nonchalantly, while stealing the bite that was held in ksoo's utensils. 

"YOU TWO ARE DATING?!" Baekhyun shouted in shock, turning the entire classroom's and the hallway's attention to the two of them sitting and eating at the back corner of the class. Jongdae smacked his arm before smiling at Kyungsoo warmly. 
"Congratulations. Now only my stupid brother has to confess and we'll all be settled." He said in a teasing manner and continued eating himself. 

Kyungsoo's eyes scanned the people around them in class, they all began talking quietly to one another for a while, and some students in the hallways began running around and creating chaos by spreading the news. Kyungsoo got nervous. He knew he should have expected it, considering Chanyeol is the number one most popular and beloved student in the entire facility by both students and teachers. But Chanyeol seemed to have noticed his rise in stress, and gently held onto his hand with a smile. 
"Don't worry. None of it matters. I'm yours." He whispered to reassure him.

By the end of the week, students from all classes, mainly girls, came by their classroom to congratulate the new couple. Some came happily and some came burdened with tears, mourning their lost chances with Chanyeol. It was the most attention Kyungsoo has ever gotten in school in his entire life. And he was so grateful that he didn't have to go through it alone. Chanyeol was constantly there beside him to reassure him that everything was alright. 

 

 

Are they really, officially dating though? Shouldn't there be something they have to do in order to establish it now?

After spending a few afternoons out in town, and another weekend at Chanyeol's place, after hearing him play on the guitar, after talking with his mother, after eating together, sleeping together, even if in two separate beds... Finally, it was time for Kyungsoo to head back home and prepare for their last few weeks of sophomore year in highschool to begin.

Kyungsoo realized through this time spent with Chanyeol, that although his heart keeps going wild at the most minor of things Chanyeol does, he wanted more of him anyway. Kyungsoo has been so nervous, scared, and worried all this time around Chanyeol, but now that they have nothing to hold back from each other anymore, he felt... At ease.

Chanyeol had a relaxing effect on him now. His deep voice was soothing and warm, his long body and limbs were very comfortable to lean on and interact with. Even just as much as looking at Chanyeol gave him a rush of heat. But he had no fear anymore. No worries. He felt like at the moment they've connected on this level, they somehow magically fit right on the same page with no fault in the system.

He didn't want to let go of Chanyeol's hand when they made it to the divergence in the path. Chanyeol walked him all the way there from his house just because. Kyungsoo was grateful for that, because they got to experience what it's like to walk and hold hands outdoors. It was nothing but greatness.

"Kyungsoo, may I kiss you?" Chanyeol asked quietly right before he was about to turn and leave. Kyungsoo was a little surprised from the question, as his heart began thumping hard inside him. 
"S-Since we're going out... Right? That's what people do... That's what I want to do." Chanyeol added, his ears becoming a pink shade darker. "Yeah." Kyungsoo could only whisper, his voice stuck in his throat with the rise in his pulse's speed.

Chanyeol stepped closer and leaned down slowly. Their eye contact remained, Kyungsoo could see the bright shine in his eyes, until the moment their faces were so close that he could feel Chanyeol's breath on his lips. That's when Kyungsoo shut his eyes, and allowed their lips to meet. It was just a tiny little soft peck. But it felt... Really good. Chanyeol's lips were soft and warm. Kyungsoo felt a little lewd to admit that he wanted more.

As they pulled back from each other, Chanyeol's both hands ran down Kyungsoo's arms until he grabbed onto his hands and held them tightly. With a shaky sigh he lowered his head a little and made their foreheads nudge lightly. Kyungsoo's eyes were open wide in order to admire every detail of Chanyeol's close face he could. His forehead must be as hot as the temperature emitted from his cheeks.
"I love you." Chanyeol then mumbled with a huff. It sounded like relief, and dripped down right into Kyungsoo's heart.

He wanted more... And at this point, why should he hold back?

Kyungsoo shut his eyes and raised his face, connected their lips together again into another gentle peck, which threw Chanyeol into surprise when they pulled back once more.
"Chanyeolie..." Kyungsoo began, feeling his entire body trembling with the words he had already known he wanted to say. 
"Do you want to be my b-boyfriend...?" He stuttered a little, but kept holding a smile across his lips, just so Chanyeol could see that he's completely confident about this question.

Chanyeol's entire body stiffened from the question. His eyes wide and his cheeks now also started to coat in the pink that Kyungsoo had assumed his whole face is also colored in. There was a moment of silence, but Kyungsoo didn't feel any fear or worry about it. He knew this is new for Chanyeol as much as it is for himself.

Then suddenly Chanyeol's eyes sharpened in their slots, his expression turned mellow and warm, his breathing turned deep too, as he released Kyungsoo's hands from the hold, and instead wrapped them slowly around his body in a tight hug that put their bodies together. His eyes were glistening when a small smile made an appearance on his lips.
"If you'd take me, I'm yours." He said, his voice as deep as his breathing.

Kyungsoo's heart leaped in his chest when he raised his own arms and wrapped them around Chanyeol's shoulders. They looked into each other's eyes for a long time, while Kyungsoo's fingers were the back of Chanyeol's head gently. Until at one point, like a spark of electricity flew between them, as they simultaneously leaned their faces in and kissed again. This time with some more affection. More movement, more heat. It was heaven.

 

 

Rumours of them dating spread in school really quickly. At first they only got exposed to the positive side of the outcome of this information being known to all. It was actually a new and amusing experience for Kyungsoo for the most part. He was a little stressed, but some people even thought that Kyungsoo was some sort of good luck charm. If he managed to get Chanyeol to be with him, it must mean that something about it will be granting luck and fortune to those who believe it. Students from all grades began to swarm him, asking for advice, or for a fortune reading that he couldn't really do.

But he tried his best to apply everything that he had learned thanks to his exeperience with friends, and with love, into some useful words that could encourage them to make the right choices with no regrets. It was all in good spirit.

"BOYFRIENDS?!" Baekhyun shouted once Kyungsoo had told him about the change in their official status. 
"I-It doesn't even change anything---..." Kyungsoo urged Baekhyun shyly, trying to keep him down from shouting anything more. Jongdae began laughing pretty loudly right then, and held a hand onto shocked Baekhyun's shoulder.
"You're such a hypocrite oh my god! Yixing and you didn't even have a 'dating' phase, you literally asked him to be your boyfriend on spot!" Jongdae called out, which caused Baekhyun to shift from a state of shock into laughter as well.
"Fine, you've got me. But damn, that's so cute. And technically you two have been dating for like a year now lol." He shrugged. And Kyungsoo realized that he wasn't wrong at all. 

Although none of their meetings counted as official dates, they both have been interested in each other from the start, and they built their connection deeper thanks to activities that were mostly not within something as boring as studying, or school. They slowly and steadily built up their relationship, and have already done many date-like things together without having that status above their heads.

Baekhyun's comment, surprisingly, only built a little more confidence in Kyungsoo regarding his relationship with Chanyeol. He felt secure, strong, and assured about it. Nothing will be able to change that.

Kyungsoo might still have a few issues with the way he perceives himself, his lack of confidence and love for himself, but even he noticed that from the advancement with Chanyeol, these have been improving rapidly as well. It's been merely two weeks, and he's already able to think this strongly about their connection. He could only hope that Chanyeol was also able to feel this confident. No, actually, he knew he did. Kyungsoo didn't need to worry about doubting this anymore. Not when at the moment Chanyeol entered class again he sent Kyungsoo a playful wink like that.

It all went fairly smoothly at school, until he stood alone for a moment outside the toilet one time and heard the way people were talking about him behind his back. All the people who had even more chances of confessing to Chanyeol but never took them, were now judging him. 

Why does he deserve to have pcy? He hasnt done anything. He's just a creepy freak. Was pcy just desperate for a partner all this time so he chose the easiest target?
When Kyungsoo got back to class he heard Jongdae and Baekhyun talking quietly to one another. 
"I can actually kind of understand those who got angry at them..." Baekhyun said with a sigh. "They're probably heartbroken now. Feeling the same way Kyungsoo himself must have felt when he thought Chanyeol and Sohda were dating..." Jongdae replied with a nod. He stood at the class' entrance and listened to them for a bit in silence. Then, when they finally noticed him there, they looked a bit awkward.
"Kyungsoo, we don't mean it in a bad way. You knew yourself that these things are bound to happen, right?" Jongdae asked him worriedly. 
"Yeah, we couldn't care less about the others when we know that you two are so happy. So don't worry." Baekhyun smiled at him.

Kyungsoo knew they were right. He knew that if it wasn't for his experience with Sohda  he would have never understood what this pain of having the possibility of a person's loved one being snatched away from them is like. A little while later at some point, his thoughts about the subject kept getting ahead of him, and he stood up, surprising them both. 
"I have to go." He turned to leave the classroom. 
"Kyungsoo, this relationship is two sided, you both made that choice. It's not only your responsibility. It's not your fault." Baekhyun called behind him. Baekhyun was right.

There was something he had to do. He has to tell Sohda. He has to thank her for teaching him so much, and being honest with him. As he went to find her, he heard a group of girls and boys talking angrily. 
"It's so unfair that this Doshio guy owns Chanyeol like that." One said. 
"Should we rough him up and teach him a lesson? That'll surely make him stay away from Chanyeol forever." One of the guys said. He could hear some smacking sounds, and could only imagine just what kind of actions that group is pretending to do to whatever they were hitting. It was scary. People will really be taking it this far? What will they gain...? Kyungsoo's never been beaten like that before, the closest he's gotten to it was back in the toilet when the rumours about Baekhyun and Jongdae broke out. He was scared. It'd be better to turn and leave before they notice him there.

But then the unexpected happened. He heard Sohda's voice.

"Huh? What the are you lunatics talking about? Geez. See, this is exactly the reason why Chanyeol would have never even thought of giving a chance to any of you. You're narrow minded and selfish." Sohda said angrily. 
"Who are you to talk? Weren't you the one who started the rumours about Kyungsoo to begin with?" One of the girls called her out. 
"I did. And I dont regret any it either." 
"Then what the hell, you were just using us? There's no difference between us. Just join us, we'll teach him good." The aggressive guy who spoke before talked again. 
"You guys are sick. You think Chanyeol would have liked it if he knew what you're thinking right now? Don't put me in the same boat as you. I at least did everything I could to help myself. None of you have ever even said anything to him. I've already accepted it. As much as I hate to admit that I lost to a weakling such as Kyungsoo." Sohda said, then turned around and saw Kyungsoo. 

"Sohda..." He mumbled, feeling touched and warm that she was willing to step up for him even though she thought he wasn't there at all. Sohda's heart is still just as golden as it was before. He already knew all these things she was saying, so he wasn't surprised from her words. He came to where they are located now because he wanted to thank her. It just happened to be where the group of those who are unhappy about the situation stood as well.

"Oh~ Look who's here." The group said and starts gathering around Kyungsoo. 
"How'd you get him? What did you do? What did you say? Have you put a curse on him you freak? I bet you hypnotized him, put him under your black spells or some . Tell us the truth, why you? He could have chosen anybody so there's no way he'd go for you. Such a weirdo. What a nuistance. We should have been way more rough when we dealt with you last time, you scum---" 
All of them spoke around him at the same time. Their voices coming at him from every direction, like little demons whispering in his ears. He was scared enough already after hearing that they intend on hurting him, but now he was caged.

Their voices slid right over his heart and started weighting it down. He... He knew none of this was true. He knew that they only say such things because they want him away from Chanyeol... He shouldn't listen to them. He shouldn't hear a word they say... But it hurt, and he wanted them to stop. Kyungsoo simply couldn't move at all. He stood there silently, fists clenched and shoulders stiff in fear while his eyes were shaking and staring at the ground. It'd be so much better if he could just get swallowed up and disappear.

"Will you shut up already?! You guys are so damn pathetic!! Look at yourselves, the lowest of lows." Sohda shouted, clenching her fists and looking at them angrily. 
"Chanyeol has made his choice, can't you understand that?! If you're so upset then go ahead and tell him. See if he cares now. You've all lost the chance you've never had, just go on with your lives. Chanyeol absolutely hates people who have ulterior motives and think of hurting others selfishly like you guys are doing right now." Kyungsoo was shaken out of the state of darkness he had entered thanks to Sohda's anger. He looked in her direction surprised. She was really giving her all. She was basically fighting for his sake, and he felt so lame for being unable to act on his own at that moment.

The group of students looked pretty awkward and nervous after hearing her. Like they've been accurately called out. The atmosphere became heavy and tense. 
"And anyway, if you do anything to Kyungsoo, pcy will never forgive you." She paused for a moment. 
"Just like he will never forgive me." Kyungsoo was standing there pretty stunned from her words. 

She turned around to leave, finally. And it seemed to be the right time, because the students must have understood that what they were doing went against their own wishes. But the group seemed to be angry again instead. 
"Wait right there skunk, we're not done talkin---" One of the girls began calling out. Enough. Kyungsoo couldn't let this continue any longer. When it was about him, he became completely helpless, but now if their actions will put Sohda in danger, he wouldn't allow it.

He stepped ahead of the group and raised his arm, stopping the girl from going after Sohda, and creating a barrier of distance between the group and her.
"Sohda is important to me." He said to the group, then began walking after Sohda. He heard the girl's angry voice behind him 
"What the?! Acting all high and mighty now just because you're the boyfrie---" But her voice was cut off by Baekhyun and Jongdae's cheerful "Sup~" 
Ah... They came after him anyway. Kyungsoo really didn't know what he would have done without them. When he'd done talking with Sohda, he has to thank them as well.

 

 

They've reached the end of the hallway. The window was wide open as wind blew inside and gave Sohda's beautiful hair just the right amount of movement to look like she's a part of a shampoo commercial. Ah... Kyungsoo really won't ever get over just how beautiful she is. Sohda just stood there quietly for a short while, before turning around to Kyungsoo. 
"What?" She looked a little impatient, but there was no anger coming from her anymore.

"I confessed to Chanyeol. We're going out now. He's... He is my boyfriend." Kyungsoo said. He has to keep his word to Sohda, he will stay honest with her until the end. He will let her know everything. Sohda's eyes softened a little after hearing his words.
"So what? You came here to brag?" She responded with a small pout, but then exhaled lightly and looked into Kyungsoo's eyes. 
"So things have turned out that way." She added, and Kyungsoo simply nodded, the air was actually kind of pleasant in front of these windows.

"Honestly... Out of everyone, I'm glad that it's you. You were the one that pushed my feelings to the edge, after all. Thanks to you, I confessed, thanks to you, I got rejected." Sohda said with a calm tone and began playing with a strand of her hair. 
"Thanks to you, I confessed too." Kyungsoo looked into her eyes. 

"It feels like we've gone a full circle, somehow." Sohda hummed and looked out the window for a little while, then turned to look at Kyungsoo with a small gorgeous smile. 
"Good luck, dealing with that mess of a boy." She grinned in a teasing manner, then walked away. Leaving Kyungsoo standing in the wind she left behind. Ah... He's so happy. He just got Sohda's blessing.

 

 

Other than school related activities, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo began seeing each other a lot more often without needing it as an excuse. They haven't done anything big, or too exciting. They went out together for some movies, they visit each other's places and stay to sleep freely, play games together, Chanyeol plays music for Kyungsoo a lot, too. 

They went to eat together, and even on a double date with Baekhyun and Yixing to a chinese restaurant Yixing recommended. They had a wonderful time there. Baekhyun and Yixing were constantly making each other laugh, which made them laugh as well. Chanyeol and Baekhyun also, as the comedic duo of their group of friends, stole the night with their hilarious conversation and teases.

Kyungsoo got the chance to speak with Yixing quite a lot, and learned so much about the nature of healthy connections, about compromise, about red lines that must not be crossed, and various other important things about a relationship. He also, got to learn about Yixing himself a little more, which was always nice.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo have become used to each other's presence. They cook together often, and even managed to find a way to cuddle when relaxing in the heat of summer's approach. It was nothing extreme, or fancy. They just slowly learned to adjust to each other, and work on the little things as a team. Just enjoying each other's company and getting rid of the previous barriers of shyness, embarrassment or fears, that held them back from fully embracing their feelings for one another.

The best part of it all, if Kyungsoo had to be really honest, was the kissing. The hand kisses, cheek kisses, nose kisses, chin, jaw, neck, forehead... Shoulder, thigh, and lips. All the kisses. Wherever they reached, they kissed. And it was so serene. It was so peaceful and gentle.

Kyungsoo quickly learned that Chanyeol crumbles down in an instant when he managed to kiss his ears. But he was pretty 'unhappy' when he realized Chanyeol had learned that Kyungsoo's own body turns into a noodle when his lips come in touch with his neck.

The end of year ceremony was pretty nice, a little emotional, though. Kyungsoo watched how Sehun and Chanyeol hugged their band mates goodbye and promised they'd keep in contact. He was a little surprised when Yubin, the band's lead singer that couldn't show up to the festival due to her unexpected broken arm, approached him and repeated yet again, just like in practices, that if there's anything he ever needed, he could contact her. 

"Also, goodluck with your big boy. He's been waiting for this for a long time for this. Trust me." She winked, and Kyungsoo felt his cheeks heat up. He already knew from Chanyeol's confession that he's been having feelings for him for a long time... But hearing Chanyeol's own senior say this to him just made it even more shy-worthy.

 

 

"So, what do you think? Does it look alright?" Kyungsoo asked his parents worriedly one evening when he returned from the barber shop at the corner of the street. He touched the fringe to his forehead with hesitation. It felt so... Soft, and light, compared to the thick nearly eye hiding bangs he had before.

"Oh baby, you look lovely!" Kyungsoo's father responded with a delighted smile, standing up from the couch and heading over to him with wide examining eyes. "It really fits you! Ah, it's all your mother's genes..." He laughed lightly, and Kyungsoo chuckled with subtle shyness.

His hair was now short. Very short, and brown. His forehead is nearly exposed under the light saturated bangs, and the sides of his head never felt this bare before. But it's good. As fearful as he is of changes, this one felt right. He was thinking of getting a new style for a while. He can't exactly credit this craving to Sohda, but she was a pretty strong point for him to want to make a change as well. After the time she came to school looking like a walking bomb of appeal he couldn't help but wonder if he could somehow achieve the same.

He hasn't even told any of his friends about the change. Not even Chanyeol. It's kind of a surprise, but it'd definitely work well since in the summer it's harder to maintain a thick haircut.

Chanyeol's eyes widened when they met the next day at the entrance to the movie theatre. He stared at Kyungsoo for a few long moments in shock before walking towards him in quick steps and cupping his cheeks within his large palms. Kyungsoo too, was now surprised.

"Handsome... So handsome... Oh my god... This... This looks so good on you... Whoa..." Chanyeol mumbled repeatedly for almost a minute, turning Kyungsoo's head around gently while looking all over the new style. Eventually, eye contact finally happened between them, and Kyungsoo realized just how much more pink Chanyeol's ears looked, peeking from the sides of his sports cap.

"T-Thank you..." He mumbled, a whole lot more shy than he felt when his parents complimented him, but a whole lore more happy too. Chanyeol thinks he's handsome... He liked it... Kyungsoo's heart was drumming with joy in his chest.

"So which movie did yo--- Mmh---" Kyungsoo couldn't complete the sentence before he felt, and saw, and was completely overtaken by Chanyeol's lips attaching to his in a gentle, yet soulful affectionate kiss. His body stiffened for a split second before loosening down and easing into the feeling. His hands gently climbed their way up to Chanyeol's neck, and they stood there, kissing, quietly, lovingly.

Until Kyungsoo was the first to pull back, getting a little overwhelmed by just how much warmth was suddenly transferred to his body from Chanyeol's display of love. Chanyeol looked way worse, well, way better, his entire face was shaded a pink darker and his eyes looked glazed.

"Y-You really like it this much...?"
"I do." Chanyeol replied immediately, raising his hand and his long fingers over Kyungsoo's head, the tips brushing through his soft hairlocks.
"You look so fresh. You're so handsome." He hummed, calming down, while Kyungsoo's pulse rocketted higher.
"It's gonna start feeling like an overkill if you keep going..." He mumbled shyly, turning to walk towards the ticketing booth. He heard Chanyeol chuckle beside him.

The movie was nice, but Kyungsoo could barely pay any attention to it. Not when Chanyeol's flavour was still lingering on his lips. And when his large hand was resting ever so slightly closer to his body between the seats. And when Chanyeol himself looks at least a thousand times more handsome today than what Kyungsoo thought he could ever look like. He felt fragile through their whole meeting, and had to fight really hard against the urge to constantly seek more touch from his overjoyed boyfriend.

Next time, he thought to himself, maybe they could simply watch a movie together at home. That way neither of them would have to feel like they have to hold back. Even if it's hot in the summer, cuddling and watching a movie together never seemed like a bad option.

 

 

Kyungsoo heard a sound of a light thud behind him. Standing in the bus station for the past few minutes, where he and Chanyeol were supposed to meet in order to get on the right line and get to their plan.

"Morning." A deep voice, and two long arms wrapped around Kyungsoo's body from behind, as he melted into the touch and smiled lightly. 
"Good morning." He replied softly and turned his head sideways, planting a soft kiss on Chanyeol's cheek. 
"You look so tired... Did you sleep well?" He asked before turning around and facing Chanyeol, whose arms were still holding on his hips. His boyfriend smiled goofily. 
"I slept so well I could barely wake up." 
"Did you bring everything?" 
"Yup. You helped me pack youself."

"Pack... Sounds so dramatic. We're just going to the beach." Kyungsoo chuckled and gently raised his hand, trailing his fingers in Chanyeol's hair to fix it even a little bit and make it look less like he just woke up. Chanyeol's expression softened as he leaned in to the touch sleepily. Ah... Kyungsoo really loves these little moments the most.

The moments where neither of them are on guard. Where they are able to freely be fully and only themselves with one another, and exchange this sort of heat that comes from the depths of their honest selves. Kyungsoo loves it when Chanyeol becomes unapologetically touchy and needy. Even if in public he gets a bit shy about it, when they're in a private setting Kyungsoo would never decline a little more touch. In fact, sometimes he felt like he was the one being touchy, especially when Chanyeol had these days of being 'in the zone'.

Whenever Chanyeol's focused on something, specifically a creative process such as anything music related, he has this sharp look in his eyes. Passion, interest, ambition and seriousness. But also a lot of pride and excitement. Kyungsoo felt himself fall under a spell of admiration whenever Chaneyol entered that state. He was mesmerized.

But it came with the price of getting the urge to receive some of that immense focus and attention on himself too. More often than not, simply resting against him was enough to fulfill Kyungsoo's need, but sometimes because he wanted so much, he'd break Chanyeol out of his focused state. He felt a little bad for it, but it was worth it every time. Considering Chanyeol would become so incredibly happy and playful, and like a pair of puppies they'd begin showering each other with teasing affection.

Everything about Chanyeol was simply happiness for Kyungsoo.

Soon after they boarded the right bus, and enjoyed the fairly long, yet luckily empty ride to the beach. Right as they made it out, admiring the view, Kyungsoo's phone began ringing in his pocket.
"KYUNGSOOOOOO!" Baekhyun's voice was loud at the moment he answered. 
"Baekhyun, where are you guys? We just made it there." 
"We're right thereeeeeee look to the left--- I mean, the right!!" Kyungsoo turned to look, finding that Baekhyun was standing there and waving eagerly. Behind him stood a makeshift tent. "Okay, we're coming." The call ended, and they both came over to their group, taking off their sandals when they reached the sand.

Minseok, Sehun, and Yixing were already out in the water, while Junmyeon and Jongdae tried to start up the little grill they brought along. 
"Hey boys!" Junmyeon greeted them with a smile, and somehow, time started running in double speed. Just like the saying goes, time goes fast when you're having fun.

Chanyeol was quick to take off his clothes and rush out to the water eagerly, which left Kyungsoo nearly dying from seeing his shirtless figure. Every muscle flexing and shining, reflecting back the light of the sun over his smooth skin. If he hadn't had his mouth shut, he would definitely be drooling. After a gulp, he began undressing as well to join them in the water. That's when Baekhyun comforted him with a grin, and said that he could completely relate to the feeling. He admitted that he had the same shock with Yixing before as well. Kyungsoo felt a little better about not being the only one getting lewd images in his mind from the sight.

They played in the sand, burying Minseok and decorating his sand cover like a cat. They played with a beach ball, some floating surfaces and even snorkles that they had. Later, when the hunger came about, Jongdae and Kyungsoo took care of the little grill. Everyone nearly lost their mind when Jongdae accidentally flipped the aluminum paper with all the meat on top, but Kyungsoo managed to save it from the sand at the last minute. He probably also saved Jongdae from an early death in the hands of their friends.

They finished with a relaxing group conversation and a chilled watermelon, freshly sliced for them all to share. Jongdae updated them all on the fact that Jongin has been thinking about joining an art academy next year. He'll still be with them in highschool, but receive extra art and design related classes as well. 

Under Baekhyun's suggestion, they recorded a message of good luck for him via Jongdae's phone. And moments after sending the message, Jongin replied with a spam of heart emojis. They were pretty impressed, considering normally he either responds very late, or doesn't respond at all.

It was a freeing, wonderful, first time experience to the beach that Kyungsoo will remember for the rest of his life. Another 'first time' action to add to the list of things he'd done for the first time after meeting Chanyeol.

On the way back, Kyungsoo drifted into sleep. He had no idea how long had passed when he later woke up briefly in Chanyeool's room. It was definitely night time, if to consider by the darkness in the room.

Chanyeol was sitting on the side of the bed and his hair while talking quietly into the phone in his other hand. 
"Yes, he's sleeping right next to me..." He chuckled lightly. 
"Okay. I'll make sure he does. Thank you ma'am, goodnight." Chanyeol shut the phone and put it aside, then saw that Kyungsoo was awake and smiled, leaning down and pecking his head.
"It's okay, it was your mom, go back to sleep." He said quietly while repeatedly nipping kisses over Kyungsoo's head and jaw, and Kyungsoo tugged lightly to his arm before falling asleep again.

He is so in love.

The two of them spent the summer practically living with each other. Either it was Chanyeol staying over the Kyungsoo's place, or Kyungsoo staying at Chanyeol's. They spent so many days and so many nights together, and yet Kyungsoo didn't feel even a little bit less mesmerized by the amount of happiness Chanyeol kept bringing into his life.

 

 

They started senior year as a dating couple, boyfriends. The most famous couple in school, in fact.

There was no more 'Doshio'. No more ghost references, no more curses or bad omens or rumours. His classmates were not afraid of him. They weren't scared of sitting beside him, behind him or anywhere near him when their seats were changed. Instead of being avoided and ignored, although he was still shy, Kyungsoo walked around like royalty around school. He was convinced it was all thanks to Chanyeol, and the fact that now when they are dating, nobody would dare to get in his way or cause him any harm or else they'll be dealing with Chanyeol's wrath.

Even though Chanyeol keeps insisting that it's all thanks to his own hard work and effort that he's able to now feel the bloom of the little flower seeds of actions he'd planted all through last year.

He couldnt wait to see what adventures they'll be embarking on this year, and how the future would look like. He was looking forward to it more than ever. Because he knows that he wouldn't have to do it alone. The friends he made along the way, the connections he formed, Chanyeol... They are all there with him.

It felt almost odd, to sit in class and think about Chanyeol. Because up until this year, it used to be thoughts filled with confusion, admiration and fascinationg. Much like a fan. And now, when he's sitting in class and thinking about him, he thinks about what the two of them could make for dinner together. Whether they'd be sleeping in his house, or Chanyeol's. There's longing and attachment rather than distance and fear.

Like that, with 'Doshio' in the memories and Kyungsoo being the only one here, they will begin a new and adventurous year.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

 

I know this ending isn't very definitive but I thought leaving it open would give it a hopeful feeling.
This story began as a soft and gentle idea and turned into a course of highs and lows of emotions haha.
But if you are, like 'Doshio', in an environment where you feel like a cursed ghost, I hope you'll be able to gather the courage just as Kyungsoo did, and push through the fears and worries to show the world your true selves. You don't have to remain the ghost!
You can never know who might need just that contrast in their lives in order to shine brighter.

(P.S: I actually never watched The Grudge, but what better time to catch up than Halloween, am I right?)

Come find me on Twitter. if you'd like! ♡

Thank you very much for reading the story. For all the consistant readers who kept commenting and showing support, I just--- Aaah you guys are the best. TT

I would love to hear your thoughts about the story. ♡