Drooling

Sorcerers' Apprentice

              When Minho had come into the room he had expected his Master to be getting the items and texts ready to create water portals, or even already starting to create one. He hadn't expected to hear soft snores and to find the man sleeping on the high backed armchair. He stepped out to find Master Jonghyun sitting at the counter. He bowed his head when Jonghyun looked over at him. “Did Jinki send you to fetch me?”

              Minho shook his head. “He’s asleep Master. I'm not quite sure if he'd be alright with me waking him up seeing as he's drooling a little. And you…”

              “Have seen him in way more embarrassing situations.” Jonghyun quietly finished for him. He smiled as he stood, “Look after the shop for me for a moment, would you?”

              Leaving the young boy to it, Jonghyun walked back into the rear room where most of the items sold in the shop were made and Minho's lessoned were conducted. He softened when he saw Jinki in the chair. His cheek was squished against the back cushion, a little drool out of the corner of his mouth. Gently, Jonghyun wiped it away with his sleeve, “Wake up, Love. Minho's lessons await.”

              Jinki shifted, smacking his mouth softly as his eyes slowly opened. A sweet, loving smile formed on his lips when Jonghyun came into focus. His voice was thick with sleep as he quietly said. “Dear one.”

              “Did you not sleep well last night, Love?” Before he could get an answer Jinki was grabbing his hands and tugging him into his lap. Jonghyun sighed as Jinki nuzzled into his neck. “This is highly inappropriate.”

              “Just a minute.” He mumbled. “And no. I didn't. Haven't for a few days really. I hadn't told you because I was worried you'd fuss over me.”

              “And Fuss I will.” His fingers moved over his face, lifting Jinki's gaze to his own. “You are going right up to take a nap and I will handle Minho's lesson.”

              “But the store.”

              “I can very well do both as you very well know.” Jonghyun sweetly kissed his lips, lingering as Jinki returned it. He playing tapped Jinki's nose. “That's naughty mister.”

              He only grinned, stealing another kiss. They parted when they heard Minho calling for them. “Masters?”

              Jinki kissed Jonghyun's cheek as they stepped into the front of the store. Jonghyun squeezed his hand before he went up the stairs to go take a nap as previously ordered. “You sound distressed, Minho.”

              “A women came, tried to walk in a few times but each time a golden flash happened and she was knocked back.” Minho's confusion increased as his usual soft and warm Master's expression darkened. “What is it?”

              “A dark sorceress, I presume. The wards wouldn't allow her in.” Jonghyun rubbed his chin, eyes off to the side dazed as he thought. “Mm. Seems we're closing shop early. Do me a favor and bring me Master Jinki’s book on wards.”

              “But it's not your mastery,” Minho frowned. “Shouldn't I get him, Master?”

              He shook his head, hand softly falling on Minho’s shoulder in comfort in a familiar way. “He needs rest, Young one. I may not be as powerful as Jinki is in it, but I can hold my own. Go.”

              Never having heard the urgency in Jonghyun’s voice before, he stepped to it quickly. Jonghyun played with the blue gem of his protection amulet, one that blocked Jinki's prophetic abilities from reading them, unconsciously, thinking about how he was going to bring this up to Jinki.