Bottle

Sorcerers' Apprentice

         Jinki slipped behind him, wrapping his arms warmly around his waist to rest on his belly. A kiss was pressed to Jonghyun’s neck as Jinki asked, “Are you ready, Dear One?”

         Jonghyun stared up at his home for the last few years, the first on his own, and he turned with a soft smile to be able to kiss Jinki’s cheek. “Wherever we end up, as long as I’m with you, I’ll find happiness there.”

         “We better head out. The King will notice my absence soon when I don’t arrive for our reading.”

         Jinki withdrew to look over his things. Jonghyun walked down the back porch to run a hand over his cattle’s fur. The lead that was on his snot was tied to a nearby post. They thought about going by land but had decided that a ship would be the best and quickest way to get as far away as possible. The plan to runaway was set in stone the moment Jinki screamed in his sleep, a dark vision gripping his mind. A vision of the King sending soldiers out to bring him back, to force the bond apart. They had known the King wouldn’t be happy with Jinki leaving, but they never imagined he’d result to such actions.

         Jonghyun was taken from his thoughts when Jinki’s hand ran over his lower back. They loaded what they could onto the back of the bull before Jonghyun took one last look at the home so much of their memories were made in. Their first time. The first time Jinki said he loved him. Their soul bond was created here. He smiled fondly before turning toward Jinki, offering his hand to him. “To the future.”

         He laughed lightly. “Yes. To the future.”

-----

          The large ship rocked with the waves. Jonghyun had a hand over his mouth and his other clutching his stomach. He never thought he’d have sea sickness, but it seemed he had. A soft, soothing touch rubbed at his lower back, and he caught glimpse of Jinki for just a moment before he was heaving over the side of the ship once again. Even the bull was having a better time on the sea than he. Ironic.

         When he lifted his hand a cloth was run over his lips. Jinki was smiling as he wiped his mouth and then holding out a bottle of light blue liquid without the cork on it. “What is that?”

         “It’ll help.” Jinki laid his head against Jonghyun’s lightly, “It pains me seeing you in so much discomfort. Please let me alleviate some of it.”

         He took the bottle softly, “The whole bottle?”

         Jinki nodded as he lifted his head. He laughed as Jonghyun tipped his head back, taking it quickly, and how his face twisted at the bitterness after. “I didn’t mean you had to take it like a shot of rum.”

         “Blegh.” Jonghyun groaned as Jinki took the bottle again, replacing the cork.

         “Come sit. We’re almost there.” Jinki tugged softly. They laid against their bull, Jinki massaging Jonghyun’s temples as he tried to sleep resting on his shoulder.