Whale

Sorcerers' Apprentice

            The bright music swirled around the store. Jonghyun laughed as Jinki swung him around the room to the beat. They had been cleaning up, sweeping, putting bottles back where they belonged and straightening them so the labels were facing out. Then Jonghyun had waved his hand and turned the music on. Jinki had slid behind him, left hand resting against his navel, the other running up his side as he pressed closed. With a kiss to the neck and soft whispers, Jinki had convinced him to dance. He dipped him, both erupting in giggles as they lose their balance slightly as they straighten. Both wrap their arms around the other, nuzzling into their necks to regain their balance.

            Minho was sitting on the chair behind the counter, leaning against his hands with his elbows on the thick wood under him. They had talked about their new relationship now and it was still slightly strange to be able to call his Masters Dad and Pa. It was a nice strange, but for years he would have daydreams of them being his parents, of having a real family, and knowing they looked at him as a son was was something that took longer to take in.

            It was then Jonghyun was stepping to the side of the counter holding out his hand with a huge smile. “Come on, Minho. Come dance with us.”

            “No, no I can’t dance!”

            Jinki snorted, “I’m basically a whale without water when it comes to dancing. If I can do it you can.”

            Minho’s disagreement was just on his tongue when Jinki shook his shoulders completely off the beat causing him to laugh and allow Jonghyun to finish tugging him around the counter. “Besides, someday you’re gonna need to woo the person you’re interested in.”

            “You make it seem like that’s how you got,” Minho glanced over to Jinki before shyly saying, “Dad.”

            “It was.” Jonghyun softly tapped the underside of Minho’s elbow to show him the frame. Both didn’t notice the way Jinki’s eyes had gone a little glossy at being called Dad. “Now just try not to step on my shoes like Jinki did and we’ll be fine.”

            “Hey!” Jinki protested. “I did not step on your feet.”

            As Jonghyun turned Minho he smiled over the boy’s shoulder, one that was getting harder and harder to look over. “I had a bruised big toe for a week.”

            “I don’t remember that at all,” Jinki crossed his arms, pouting, “And if the Prophet can’t remember it, it didn’t happen.”

            Jonghyun just shook his head, a fond smile on his face as he taught Minho how to dance slowly, knowing full well Jinki did remember. Minho quietly asked, “Is this okay?”

            “You’re a natural, son.” Minho beamed, entire being brightening being called son. “Never dance with your Dad though. While he has improved greatly, your toes aren’t safe.”

            “I’m leaving.” Jinki huffed, swirling around dramatically to make his robes twist around his legs.

            Jonghyun shook his head slightly as he stopped dancing. He watched Jinki walk toward the steps. Leaning his head toward Minho he said loudly enough for Jinki to hear him. “He sure is a drama queen, isn’t he?”

            “He’s teaching me poisons tomorrow so I’m going to have to recuse myself.”

            Jinki smiled over his shoulder, “That’s a smart boy.”