Prickly

Sorcerers' Apprentice

          A glass orb shattered across the floor of the shop as it slipped from Jinki’s left hand. Sharp pain throbbed from his palm and immediately his head snapped toward the adjacent room that led to the backyard. The mess was left to be taken care of as the door swung up with a wave of his right hand. The back door was open completely allowing the cool air to move through easily. Just as he was about to step out of it Jonghyun collided with him, hand held against his chest. “What in the world did you do, Dear One?”

           “A thorn pricked me.” Jonghyun didn’t look down at his injured hand even as Jinki carefully took it between his.

           “Let’s get you cleaned up, Holy hells.” Jinki led him to the nearby tall table, making him sit on one of the stools. He wrapped the hand in a damp cloth tightly. “What am I going to do with you?”

           “I got too close to Rosa.” 

           Jinki glanced over his shoulder as he stood in front of the huge shelf that housed all of their potion ingredients, before grabbing the last few things. The vials and glass jars rolled from his arms, needing to be quickly stopped before they tipped over the edge. “Did you try to give her a handshake?” 

           “Not exactly.” Jonghyun cradled his hand in his lap, eyes following Jinki’s hands as they quickly grabbed each ingredient and dropped them into the mortar. “Shouldn’t you use aloe instead of cactus juice?”

           “I would normally, but the cactus juice will help with her venom.” Jinki poured the ground ingredients into a small bowl and stirred, the liquid slowly congealing to a thicker salve. “It might sting a little, Dear one.” 

           A few minutes later and Jinki was wrapping it tightly with cloth bandages. He pressed a soft kiss to the middle of Jonghyun’s palm, smiling when the younger man chuckled. The door leading to the shop squeaked as it opened, “What’s with the glass on the floor and what the hell happened to Pa?” 

-----

           Jinki leaned against the doorframe of Minho’s room as he knocked gently against the wood. Both boys in the room looked up from their spot on the floor feeding Woosten small pits of pineapple. “It’s getting late, Young one.” 

           “But Dad~” He softly whined causing the smile on Jinki’s face to widen. 

           “Just don’t make a lot of noise and get to bed soon. What Pa doesn’t know won’t hurt him.”

           Minho grinned widely before commenting, “Pa can’t say that about you.” 

           Jinki lifted his finger up to his lips, eyes crinkling in amusement. “Shh, that’s our secret. Goodnight.”

           “Goodnight, Dad.” As he turned to leave he heard the two boys begin to talk once again. 

           “You got really lucky, huh?”

           “Don’t let them think you view them as cool or anything. They’ll never shut up about it.” 

           Jinki shook his head with a fond smile and slowly made his way down the hall to the right. The door to their bedroom was wide open, soft sounds of Jonghyun’s humming floating through the air. When Jinki walked into the room Jonghyun was sitting on his side of the bed, left hand in his lap as he attempted to wrap it with the gauze. Jinki wordlessly went beside him and took the hand into his. “It seems to be healing well.” 

           “Remind me to never anger your plant,” Jonghyun grumbled. “She had no right being that prickly.” 

           “She’s a six-foot rose plant.” The corner of Jinki’s lips quirked up as he continued to wrap the thorn wound. One Jonghyun received a few days ago from the Rose Barb plant that called the far corner of their backyard home. “And if I remember correctly Dear One, you bought her seeds.” 

           “Then why doesn’t she like me?” 

           Jinki pressed a kiss to Jonghyun’s wrapped palm, touch soft and light. “You know very well they bond to one person. It so happened to be me she did so with.” 

           “Mm, replaced by a giant eerily human-like rose plant that likes to whistle at birds. Figures.” 

           Another kiss was pressed to his wrist, Jinki looking up at him through his lashes. “I know you’re teasing, but I’m hurt, Dear One.” 

           Jonghyun chuckled, nose scrunching as he scooted up to the pillows away from the other Sorcerer. “Your thoughts betray you, Love.” 

           The door to their room faintly clicks close as Jinki’s eyebrows raise. “Do they?” 

           “You’re being naughty.”

           “I’m not the one taking off their clothes.”

           Jonghyun shrugged as he tossed his robe over by the basket before grinning as he raised his hands behind his head. “It’s a little hot in here, is all.” 

           Without the amulet that Jonghyun still refused to put back on, Jinki was bombarded with the man’s desires. One, in particular, made Jinki groan deeply as he climbed over him to kiss him roughly. “Dear One, you cannot be quiet enough for that.”

           Fingers curled in Jinki’s hair, Jonghyun’s lips brushing against his outer ear. “I created a sound ward if you help.” 

           Jinki’s voice cracked a little as he said, “Alright.”