Tranquil

Sorcerers' Apprentice

           The highest part of their shop was a circular room about 10 feet in circumference. All around the space where floating candles of various colors, flames flickering against the stone of the walls. It usually was Jinki’s safe place, a room especially charmed and protected to help hone his prophetic abilities. It was here that he was at peace, tranquil, as he sat cross-legged on the floor. His black hair fell around his face, down his shoulders and back like a dark waterfall. His eyes were closed, hands clasped in the sleeves of his robe, but his voice was soft, yet powerful. He sang the spell, his magic swirling around him like snowflakes in a blizzard, a bright blue light radiating from him.

           Jonghyun smiled softly as he watched. He remembered the first time Jinki trusted him enough to be up with him in his space, how touched he felt as Jinki’s fingers curled around his wrist and led him up here. The candles began to move, drifting with magic as Jinki continued to sing, and just the same Jonghyun was awed with the power of his partner. Minho had retired to his room, the young man tired after a day full of learning wards.

           The quill just to the right of Jinki began to write just as the song ended. Prophecy. Some were as simple as the number of customers they’d get in the next coming days, to as difficult as slight images that he’d piece together with the other pieces he’s had for the last few years. It still amazed Jonghyun how gifted the man was in fortune telling. He had never met someone who could read people as easily as Jinki could. He still could remember how they met when he walked into an alchemy shop fresh out of his apprenticeship to have Jinki to congratulate him on finishing said apprenticeship. Having known nothing of each other prior.

           Of course, Jinki never read either him or Minho unless the situation was dire enough for him to need to for their protection. The amulets both wore around their necks protected them from the moments when Jinki’s willpower failed.

           Lost in his thoughts, Jonghyun failed to notice how Jinki had stood and walked over to him. His hand held out, a sweet smile on his face. “Where has your thoughts wandered, Beautiful?”

           Their hands slid together easily as Jonghyun stood, stepping close and nuzzling into each other’s necks. “I was remembering how we met, my love.”   

           Jinki chuckled, pressing a kiss to Jonghyun’s jaw lightly. “When I made you spill all those toads from stumbling in shock.”

           “At least you paid for the ones we could not capture again.” His voice was light and breathy as Jinki continued to kiss along his neck. “Evening tea awaits.”

           Pulling away after one last kiss to the corner of Jonghyun’s lips. “It would never be as sweet as you, my dear.”

           “Mm Quite so.”