Flowing

Sorcerers' Apprentice

             Minho was sent to continue his independent research on the elements some time ago. Jonghyun had replaced him on the cushion in front of Jinki, smiling softly when the man’s hands moved over his own. His amulet had been laid to his left, and while they were meant to start the reading, the moment they felt their full bond flowing between them all intentions shattered. The amulet wasn’t powerful enough to completely block their bond, but it was powerful enough to hinder their perception of the other. The way the sound of the rain is loud and clear with the window open, but slightly muffled as it is slid closed.

             Jonghyun could feel the rush of Jinki’s magic, like jumping into a lake in the middle of the summer months. Crisp and crystal clear, cool to the touch, but relieving as well. His mind, so vast and powerful, was a comforting press against his own. They thought they had known what connection felt like, the full connection, but they knew at that moment that they hadn’t. “I seem to have forgotten how your magic tingles.”

             Jinki fondly smiles, thumbs moving over the back of his hands. “I hope it’s the good kind.”

             “Do you ever give me tingles of the bad kind, Love?”

             “If I read you and all the images I get are ones present in our bedroom, I will curse you.”

             Leaning forward Jonghyun pressed soft kisses to each cheek, then the corner of his lips, until one was pressed on them. “Maybe in the confines of our bedroom we can go without my amulet, hmm?”

             “You’re very bad for business.” Was whispered against his lips, noses brushing.

             “Right right, business.”

             Jinki squinted, pulling back slightly to look at him fully. “You’re such a menace. Sit your pretty down and let me read you.”

             “Oh, but love, I can read you so easily now. I know what you want.”

             “Reading first.” He coughed to clear his throat, cheeks slightly pink. “Finding out who wishes to harm you is more important than making love, Dear one.”

             “I suppose so.”

             Jinki grumbled quietly, much to Jonghyun’s amusement before they both closed their eyes as the reading began.