Cruel

Sorcerers' Apprentice

           “I was right.” Jinki weakly spoke, voice thick and raw with emotion long past.

           Jonghyun gently took the cup of tea from Jinki’s falling hands. Once it was placed on the floor next to them he softly lifted the man’s chin to look at his eyes. The moment the reading had been over Jinki had screamed, falling forward so quickly that if Jonghyun hadn't foreseen it coming, he wouldn't have been able to catch him in time. He had held him, wiping his tears and soothing his pain that he felt from the vision until he was able to drink the tea he drank after readings. “About who’s behind this, Love?”

           “That man is cruel, worse than the dark sorcerers.” Jinki shivered, fingers of his right-hand curling around Jonghyun’s arm tightly. “He leads them. Puts on this facade of fighting against them. I saw the past. Each time I gave him a vision, each time I foresaw an attack or massacre, he'd make sure that the guards would get different pieces of information, just a little to make them too late to stop it and he…”

           “Used you and manipulated you to help protect his dark bidding.” He pressed a kiss to Jinki’s forehead, fierce protection urge forming in the bottom of his stomach. His teeth clenched tightly, anger running through him at all the times Jinki ran himself thin, all the times he had to nurse him back to health, all for nothing but destruction. “He cannot abuse you any longer, Love. I won’t allow it.”

           “It is I who must protect you, Dear One. I also saw what he’s planning and those wards in front of the store won’t withhold.”

           “What could he possibly be planning that couldn’t be lessened by those?”

           “He plans to kidnap you, Jonghyun.”

           “What? That doesn't make any sense. No one can enter the store with ill intentions." 

           Jinki ran his tongue over his lips, shifting in order to be eye level with Jonghyun. “I couldn’t see how his agents managed to get through those wards undetected, but all I know is you’re taken from our bed in the middle of the night and it’s not noticed until it’s far too late. He hurts you, forces our soul bond apart. I saw.. I felt your anguish.”

           “Whatever cruel method he’s found we will find a way around it.” He leaned forward to brush their noses together, eyes fluttering shut at the touch. They remain close as Jinki’s hand comes up to caress his jaw with his thumb. “We both know the pain when a soul bond is broken consists of. We won't be forced apart, Love. However, I do believe that I shouldn’t wear my amulet anymore, Jinki.”

           “But-”

            “Without it, we’re connected far more than when with it.” Jonghyun opened his eyes for just a moment to shift, kissing him sweetly. “It had it’s purpose, but it’s no longer needed. I feel so alive, Love. I can feel all of you flowing in and around me. I know you feel it too.”

           Some time passed then before Jinki whispered, “I apologize if I cannot stop myself from reading you.”

           Jonghyun grinned, kissing him again a few times, pleased. “I love you.”

           Jinki sighed lightly, but then he was smiling. “I love you too. So much.”