SIDE A| TRACK 9

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

 

"Are you really serious? I'm gonna go to Prague?"

"Correction, you are gonna go to Prague with your wife." Hyoyeon teases and it didn't fail because everyone could see Jessica blushing. "Aigoo... Look at your getting all flustered. If I was in your position, I would feel like I just hit rock bottom." She adds, earning and nudge in the stomach from her best friend.

"Are you happy that you're going overseas?"

Jessica nods immediately. "I've been dreaming to Prague for all these years."

"Well looks like someone heard your prayers." Min smiles at her.

"I'm gonna go and tell Tiffany about this! She's gonna be so estatic as I am!"

"And there she goes." Sunny says as they all looked at the latter's retreating figure.

"Why is she running though? It's too late for her to be the runaway bride." Taeyeon chuckles and looks at Yuri who's eyes were still on Jessica as she talks animatedly with her best friend.

"Taeyeon, why did you choose Prague? I thought you were gonna choose something way more convinient like Thailand or Vietnam."

"Honeymoon is all about privacy Hyo. You know Yuri's charm is well known around Asia. European countries give them a little more privacy." Their CEO gives Yuri a subtle look. "Her best friend also told me that she has lots of piggy banks which some of her extra savings go and calls them Prague jars and already has a to-do list of the things she want to do when she arrives."

"Huh... Wonder what's that list consists of."

"Excuse me for a moment."

"Eager to get into action Yul?" Sooyoung wiggles her eyebrows.

"Sunny, can I just say right now that even though this shikshin is my friend, never- I repeat- NEVER go out with this..." She gives the tallest memeber of the band the look. "You know what I mean."

"Oh man, you sure are late with the news huh?" Hyoyeon shakes her head. "Yuri, for your info- Sunny already went out with Sooyoung."

Yuri's eyes were about to fall off. "Sunny! How can you give in to Satan's child?!"

"YAH!" Yuri quickly dodges Sooyoung's punch. "Why are you calling me Satan's child!?"

"She's right, why call her the child when she's clearly Satan herself." Taeyeon releases her signature old laugh.

"Want me to shrink you into a flat surface danshin."

"Not if I cut off your salary more face." Taeyeon smirks.

"Sunny, what has gotten into your brain? Did you had fun enduring this ' cocky attitude for an entire day?"

"Don't change the topic on me Yuri. Go and get your wife, you both need to the suite now."

"For your information- she and Tiffany will be staying on the suite. I will be heading home because Hani is starving to death and she just got groomed. We'll spend time together."

"Yuri, you know you can't do that right?" Min says. "It's your marriage, you should be happy."

"Why should I be happy? I just got tied up with some random stranger." She says, ignoring the fact how bitter it was when the words left her tongue. "This marriage is nothing but misery in my life." Yuri then turns around and makes her way to leave the rooftop reception.

Hyoyeon sighs. "Why is she such a ?"

"Yeah, I mean we get it already, she didn't want of this to happen but hey like what the saying goes you need to look at the yellow side of life."

"Yellow?" Hyoyeon looks at the bass player. "You mean to say she needs to look at the brighter side of life."

"Brighter means yellow duh. Only it's- yellow-ier." All looked at her with confusion. "Whatever- yellow means happy so it could also mean she needs to look at the happy side of life."

Sunny who was keeping silent accidentally lets a chuckle escape from her and it was immediately noticed by Hyoyeon. "Oho, looks like you just hit a jackpot my friend. You made Sunny laugh."

Sooyoung looks at Sunny with a smile. "I did, did I."

They all expected a sarcastic remark but all of the others were surprised when Sunny briefly smiled. "Maybe."

"Holy - you have to tell me the details of your date man."

"Sorry, dead man tells no secrets." Sooyoung gives Hyoyeon a wink. "But seriously, back to the topic. Why is Yuri being a just a few hours after marrying Jessica Jung? I mean- she's not that bad."

Taeyeon chuckles. "Oh boy."

"Is there something wrong cousin?" Hyoyeon eyes her. "Oh, you know something do you?"

"Let's just say it wasn't Tiffany who told me first about Jessica's dream place."

"Wait, does that mean-"

"Hey guys look." Sooyoung calls their attention and they were all looking the same way as Sooyoung is looking as of the moment. "Isn't that Yuri talking with Tiffany?"

 


"Good day Mrs. Kwon and Mrs. Jung-Kwon, I am captain Shin and I'm announcing that in just a few minutes our plane will arrive at Vaclav Havel Airport Prague, Ruzyne. Today's weather is a perfect time to stroll around during their Autumn season. Looks like the Gods are in your favor with this honeymoon."

 

Yuri watches stares at Jessica through her sunglasses as she continues to marvel at the sky and the view below. They had been on the charter plane that Taeyeon had rented for 11 hours already and as much as Yuri would like to sleep and enjoy a nice relaxation- Jessica's continuous subtle squeals avoids her to do so.

Okay, maybe I am overreacting. The idol admits inside her brain. She tilts her head to the side and looks at the brunette who still haven't batted an eye from the moment they sat on their seats down to the moment of their landing and thinks again- is she really that excited to be in this place after so many years?

It had only been three days since their marriage and Yuri still cannot get over the fact that her ring finger has now a beautiful simple golden ring wrapped with beautiful, shining and shimmering petite diamonds that unleashes beautiful shades of the rainbow when reflected against the sun. She uses her thumb to trail the outer design of the ring. She spent the entire night with her favorite dog on her lap just looking at the ring whilst her other hand was holding onto a wine glass.

As much as she hates to say it, she knew Hyoyeon was right. Yuri spent her days stalking who the hell is Matther Kang and what is his role in her ex's life. It really didn't helped when she kept on reading and reading articles and speculations about them being a real-life couple after meeting at a fashion event in New York. She groans and the groan stuck inside of as she remembers once again the girl she tries so hard to forget. She has been stalking her life every day and though she knew it was unhealthy- she just couldn't help it.

But Taeyeon gave her some last minute instructions and advices that she should enjoy this trip and take her mind off of things before getting into battle where she will have to do a Asia tour once again so she follows it and shuts her phone down. She vows to herself that she would never ever let herself get in contact with the internet or through her handphone during her week-long vacation here in the beautiful city of Prague.

 

 

"OH MY GOD!" Jessica gasps as their finally lands. "YURI! Look! We're finally here!"

"Oh boy..." She lightly groans and the sudden urge to use her handphone just got real.

 

After saying farewell to the flight crew, the newly-weds got inside the very luxurious car in Jessica's life so far. During the ride, Jessica kept sticking her head onto the window as she was feeling nostalgic just looking at the view while Yuri was calmly sitting in her seat and just couldn't wait to have a room all for herself. She was confident enough that Taeyeon did book two separate rooms for the two of them since they were in a far away land and Yuri's band is totally known worldwide anyways so when she finally finds through the front desk that they were indeed sharing a room together, she walks albeit farther from her wife and breaks her rule to contact Taeyeon.

 

 

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" She lightly hisses.

"Thinking about what?"

"You know what I am talking about!"

"Yuri, you and I both know I am doing what's the best for you."

"The best for me? Are you ing out of your mind?" She takes a bried breather before going at it again. "I don't want to share a room with her!~"

"Yuri don't be stupid okay? In the people's eye, you guys are a married couple. And what do married couples do? They ing share a room together during honeymoon you ."

"I don't care what do we look like in the people's eye! I don't care what the others think!"

"But I do." Taeyeon changes the intonation on her voice and Yuri knew she was about to get it. "And I know what you're thinking so stop rolling your eyes and shut it. Just be ing grateful that I had the audacity to pull you out for a week. Besides, it's not like you haven't shared a bed before."

Yuri swore she could hear Taeyeon chuckling even though she hung up immediately. "I'm gonna kill her. I'm gonna ing kill her when I get back."

 

The suite that Taeyeon got them was extremely beautiful Yuri couldn't put a word for it. It was definitely made for a newly-wed couple because of the privacy, the views, the bed and even the location of the place because everything inside practically screamed romance. From the aprhodisiacs snacks that were placed on the coffee table inside the living room to the flower petals scattered inside the bedroom and some were found still inside a mason jar within the bathroom, various scented candles on the top shelf and the private pool too.

 

Now, Kwon Yuri was left with two choices.

 

The first choice, she would make Jessica sleep in the couch since she has never sleep in the couch for her entire life, and she has her hard-working parents to thank for that kind of luxury.

 

 Have you forgotten the fact that you slept with Jessica in your arms like a little spoon and both of you slept inside your condominium?

 

Yuri subtly rolls her eyes at her conscience. She didn't plan on sleeping on the couch- she accidentally slept because that day was so draining for her as well and Jessica was just needing some comfort and they were awkwardly lying together not spooning. She shakes her head, and moves onto the second option which was sleeping in the couch and Jessica sleeping in the bedroom. That just made her irritated because she didn't want to sleep in the couch, she wanted the bed for 's sake everyone could see that.

 

It's not like you haven't shared a bed before.

 

The idol involuntarily groans and she massages the bridge of her nose. Jessica, who momentarily stopped mareveling the view, looked at Yuri's conflicted expression and it made her feel guilty.


 

"I could sleep in the couch if you want to." She cuts the latter's thoughts off. "I'm pretty confident it's comfortable."

"And how could you tell that this-" She circles her index figure around the certain furniture. "Is comfortable."

"The fact that it's slightly bigger than my actual bed if that's what you want to know."

Yuri's eyebrows rose. "You sleep in a space like this everyday?"

"Of course. If this was my bedroom, this would be my bed, I'd have my folding table right there, the closet is literally in front of me and my make up stuffs is in one room with Tiffany."

"That's some space."

"I know it's not much but it's been my home for years. The rent was reasonable since we live in downtown Seoul."

"And how reasonable is it?"

"Tiffany and I are both full scholars and we both have two jobs each. You do the figures." Yuri doesn't have to, the fact that they both work two jobs each is already enough to know how much the renting was costing them. "Anyways, I'll take the couch. You go and-"

"I'll take the couch."

"Huh?" Jessica looks totally bewildered by Yuri's choice. "I told you, it's fine and I am used to places like this so it's no longer a wo-"

"Either you let me sleep in the couch, or you share the bedroom with me." She crosses her arms and hiding away her smirk. She knew Jessica wouldn't agree to this.

"I don't see anything wrong with that." Jessica casually answers making Yuri widen her eyes. "The bed's too big anyways for my liking and we could put pillows in between if you want or-"

"No, I think I'll be sticking with the couch thank you." She says, trying to calm down the sudden rapid beating of her heart the moment she thought of sharing a bed with the brunette. "I want my child to freely roam around since I cannot fathom how could he grow well if he continues to sleep in your bed."

"O-okay. I'll take the bed I guess." She reluctantly answers and heads towards the bedroom.

Yuri sighs and looks at the couch she'll be staying for the entire week. "Oh dear..."

 

Jessica wakes up and finds herself to be all alone inside the gigantic room and all that was left from her 'wife' was a note that she'll be out and some cash money which she thinks was intended for her to use while she's strolling around. She couldn't hide the disappointment that she felt. Sure, this was just an act but she was slightly expecting for Yuri to let her tag along as they explore the wonderful city.

She decides not to to dwell on it too much and brushes the thought off. She was supposed to be happy. She's in her dream city and she wouldn't let anything dampen her mood. So with her renewed strength, she rolls off the bed and started to take a warm shower before heading out. She rummages through her closet and decides that a beautiful sundress would perfectly fit the Autumn weather the city holds. She grabs her comfortable sandals and her little round wooden tourist bag which consist of her disposable camera, hand phone and the pocket money. 

The first thing she does was to marvel the night life of the city. She scrolls through her dream list and the first thing she could do is to buy a book and hand a warm cup of tea to start her system before walking around her most admired place. She walks two blocks away from the place they were staying at and gets herself lost in search of a book she would enjoy through out her stay.

 

"Madame, here's your order."

"Thank you sir." Jessica smiles at him while speaking in his native language.

He admires the effort and smiles back. "Enjoy." And even without him saying it, Jessica was so sure that she will.

 

Two hours later she settles on a book called What If It's Us which was a book she has been dying to read but never got the budget to buy one for herself. So, thanks to Yuri's considerate heart, she gets to buy the book she wants and have a nice cup of tea inside the beautiful viewing deck and a coffee shop itself. She was already in the part where Arthur and Ben- the main characters in the story already meet at the post office which was the start of the terrible yet cute scenarios of dates. Yes, Arthur and Ben are both men- yes she's reading a gay book, and yes- she's loving every second of it.

The brunette woman sighs in relief as she closes the last page of the book and slumps back in her seat. She likes the book and thought it was a wonderful romantic genre which she absolutely love but the ending- she heaves out a sigh. She was not expecting it, but she also agrees with it. The ending had a sense of maturity and it was more realistic. They were too different to begin with.

She pulls out her phone and lets out a mild gasp as she looked at the time. The last time she checked it was when she had her first cup of tea and was on the 1st chapter. She looks around, to see if her mind was just messing around with her but no- it was indeed 10 o'clock in the evening. Without any second thoughts she politely calls the waiter and asked for the cheque.

 

 

"Oh it's alright madame, someone already paid for your orders."

Jessica raises both of her eyebrows. "Someone already paid for me?" The waiter once again nods his head. "Do you have any idea who that person is?"

"I am so sorry but the person specifically requested me not to tell."

"Oh." She puts the money back in her bag but then pulls it out again. "Well if they happen to drop by, can you please give them a cup of any drink? It's my way of saying thanks."

The man smiles and nods. "Will do, I hope you enjoy your stay here in Prague."


Knowing that she just sat on a chair for her first day in the city and there's nothing much left to do, she goes back to the hotel surprisingly feeling tired from all that hours of sitting and stressing about a love story that she was so certain it exists in real life. She felt relieved that Yuri wasn't around to bombard her with questions of her whereabouts or slight remarks about how she stupidly spend a day. She yawns one last time before hitting on the shower and jumping onto the hay sack.

 

Yuri was already drunk as she tries hard to go back to the hotel room all by herself. She vaguely remembers leaving the hotel room, picking up her notebook in hopes to gather the inspiration just to write some songs. Then she remembered being way too stiff and tensed so she thought that a drink wouldn't harm her. But she finds herself in a bar, drinking more than her fingers could count.

She leans onto the wall after somehow managing herself to get inside the elevator and back to their room without someone noticing her. She struggles to find the keycard which was located on the inside of her coat. The hotel door makes a bleep sound, then goes inside the drunken idol who stumbles on the way inside the living room. She throws her coat on the couch and expertly maneuvers around the place until she stops at the kitchen where she grabs a bottled water. The idol stops and gives a look at the couch giving it a good look before walking further into the unit inside the bedroom where a sleeping Jessica is found. 

Without second thoughts and lunges herself on the bed, startling Jessica who lets out a squeal in surprise. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter