SIDE A| Track 8

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

"Why don't you take a look at the wedding halls Ms. Jung? The once we found can truly accomodate your guest list."

"And here are the most-wanted chefs in all of town. They are all on our recommendations."

"I think you would want to see these flower arrangements for your wedding dress."

"Oh Miss Jung what about-"

"Ladies?" All the women stopped hovering over the stressed blonde. "If you don't mind, I would like to talk with Jessica just for a moment."

"Okay, we'll just reschedule tomorrow."

Tiffany watches as the ladies slowly leave the room before turning to Jessica. "Hey." The latter looks at her. "I'm sorry, I thought they'd realize that you weren't listening to any of the things they were telling you."

"I-it's alright Tiff. I was trying though." She chuckles dryly. "I'm still trying to grasp the fact that I am actually getting married." She smiles but Tiffany surely knew better.

"Jess, you know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know." She accompanies her answer with a little nod. "But trust me, I'm fine. It's just about the wedding that's all."

That's when she decided not to push things over. "Arrasso, I won't force it out of you. Let me accompany you to the doctors."

"There's no need Tiff, Yuri's coming with me anyway."

"Are you sure? I haven't seen Yuri around you for days."

"She's just busy with her music. Besides, I'm not her fiancé for real." She looks at Tiffany, trying to ease her worry. "I'm gonna meet up with her at the clinic."

"Well... If you say so."


Jessica arrived on time and immediately goes upstairs towards the doctor's clinic where, as she has expected, there are no clients there. She gives the white door three light knocks before she was welcomed by the doctor herself. She was in her early-30's Jessica could easily tell but her make-up beauty treatment is no joke, she really looked like an intern so Jessica starts with a question if the doctor is in, which makes her obygene chuckle and escorts her inside the office.


She ushers Jessica in her seat while leaning on the desk. "Ms. Jung, my name's Moon Ji Eun. Since you've managed to make me laugh on our first meeting I'm gonna let you call me unnie."

"Nice to meet you unnie." She bows down.

"I'll be your doctor althroughout your pregnancy." She smiles. "If you need anything else, you just can ask me right away don't hesitate since we're a little close now."

"First off, I just want to say thanks for accomodating me. Your schedule must've been packed."

"Well, it usually is." Ji Eun says as she walks around her office. "But I owe Taeyeon a one-time pay debt. Plus she knows I am the best in these kind of pregnancies."

Jessica furrows her eyebrows as she doesn't follow what the latter was saying. "I'm sorry?"

"Miss Jung, my clients are not just any clients. Actress, High-class officials, to Runway models seek me for help which I give them for a good amount of price. I tell them how to perfectly hide the bump, give excuses which aren't questionable, when's the good time to be on hiatus without being suspicious from the agency and the public eye, do they need to get involve in dating scandals then how to get back into shape. My husband's a fitness instructor which is why." She says. "Trust me Miss Jung, you will be back to your 'Miss Korea' dreams in no time."

That somehow manages to ease Jessica's tension. "Thank you unnie. Really."

"So? Shall we get started?"

"Uh, can we wait for Yuri?" The doctor looks at her. "Only if that's not much of a bother."

"No problem. While we wait, I'm just going to make some calls. I'll keep the door locked."

"Thanks doc."

 

"Miss Jung?" Jessica stirs up at the sound of her name.

She looks around, slightly embarrassed with the fact that she just slept. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry doctor."

"Don't be, it's normal for you to be tired."

"W-where's Yuri?"

Ji Eun looks at her sadly. "Have you tried calling her?" Jessica pulls out her phone, surprised to see that she had dozed off for 2 hours. "Don't worry too much Jessica-sshi. We can just reschedule if that's what you like."

"Oh no doc, I think I've already waste your time." She says.

"Then, is it alright if we do your first check-up without your future wife?"

Jessica holds onto her stomach. "I think we should." She says as she looks at her. "It's for my child after all."

 

And so on with the first prenatal check-up did Jessica went through. She was asked series of questions such as her gynecological health details and other medical history, along with the start of the quadruple screen, a pelvic exam and other needs. After the needed processes, Jessica bows Ji Eun farewell and exits her clinic and out of the building. She hails a cab down and wondered that maybe Yuri was still inside the studio working on her craft. Shelooks at the clock once again and thought about handing Yuri her food, then again maybe she was with S.H.Y. which is why she tells the driver to make a u-turn and grabs a quick meal for all of them.

The guards on the ground floor greets her a pleasant evening which she returns with her warm smile that could make anyone's day brighter and didn't bother to stop by the conceirge since her first encounter with the judgmental staff. She goes straight towards the elevator and presses the ninth floor. It was a minute and a half ride alongside with a few evening greetings from the employees who was still in the floor before she finally reached the modernized zen door. She brings her hand up and gave a light knock against it before opening it just enough to let her head in.

There, she saw Yuri once again in her element as she tries hard to rearrange the flow of a 'rough draft' as Yuri would like to call it but on her part, she knows it was a song that would rock up the charts. But that's just because she's probably the realest Kwon Yuri stan out there. She watches as the idol takes a good swig of her cold beer before re-focusing back to the monitor screen. Jessica then finally realize that maybe wasn't in for the mood to be disturbed, she decides to close the door and just hand the meal she bought for the guard on the ground floor.

 

 

"What are you doing here?" Jessica stops in her action.

She slowly turns around and faces the idol. "Nothing, I was just wondering where you were?"

Yuri's face was still glued on the screen. "Do you need me for something?"

The blonde contemplates whether to tell her or not. "No, nothing at all."

"Ah. Since you're here..." She presses the pause button and turns around to face her. "The wedding planner called me earlier and told me that you were taking so long with the decisions."

"A-ah, well I was having a hard time to choose since I don't know much about you." She lies, she knows everything about her, Tiffany even calls her the very helpful guide in stanning Kwon Yuri. "I was thinking that maybe you could join me in-"

"The do I care about the wedding?" She says with such annoyance that it completely takes Jessica by surprise.

"N-n- I just- thought that-"

"That what? I care about it?" Yuri scoffs. "I don't want to be married with you in the first place remember?"

"I- I know." She looks away in embarrassment.

"Well then stop stalling and just go on with it. I don't care what you choose or what kind of wedding will I have. Just keep it ing simple."

Despite of being hurt, she looks back at the idol with a smile. "Okay, I'll have a meeting with the wedding planner tomorrow, I'll decide everything from there. Sorry for disturbing you, I'll be on my way now."

"One more thing Jessica Jung." She looks at Jessica and gives her a subtle glare. "I don't appreciate if you come unannounced. As much as possible, can we meet when it's only needed?"

Still with a smile on her face Jessica answers. "Of course."

Yuri turns around and sighs. "She's such a nuisance."

The door closes and she gets back to work immediately. "Yah, was there really a need for you to do that?"

"Yah." She says putting her hand on her chest. "Why didn't you give me a little heads up that you were awake? I could've had a heart attack!"

Hyoyeon fakely gasps. "You have a heart? I thought you were being your heartless earlier?"

"She was annoying."

"You were rude."

"I was being realistic." She counters. "Why would she even care so much about this damn wedding?"

"Other than the fact that it's her first time? Hmmm, hold on I'm not sure." Hyoyeon sarcastically says.

"Pfft, come on Hyo. This will not be the only wedding that she'll get to experience."

"So you really want for her future husband or wife to hear about her horrific first marriage? How careless you were and how unattentive you can be?" Hyoyeon says which Yuri did not respond. She looks at the latter before sighing to herself. "This is about him is it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Matthew-"

"No. Not everything is about him or her Hyo. Besides, why would I even care if-"

"You do care and you still do." Her best friend could only sigh.

"I told you it's not about her."

"Yuri, stop caring if she's got someone new. Who cares if she's got a new boy? You're totally way ahead of the game! You're even getting married!"

"I don't even love her in the first place Hyo! Everything about this is wrong! I don't even like a single thing about Jessica Jung."

"Hold on, back it up a little." She leans forward to Yuri. "You don't like a single thing about her? Really? Are you going that low just to deny the fact that
Jessica's gonna be an amazing wife to you and a mother to your future child? Or the fact that she's an amazing person?"

"I am not denying anything!"

"Fine." She says with crossed arms. "Be hard-headed as you want, but I am not gonna let you destroy Jessica's first wedding all because you're a person who can't get her feelings over her stupid ex who doesn't even give a about her." Hyoyeon hits her with a pillow on the shoulder.

"OW!" She ignores Yuri's remark and slams their recording room's door. "I'll ing make you pay for it Kim Hyoyeon!"

"Yow wassup Hyo sorry there's a pretty face in the-whoa where the hell are we going?" She says as she was getting dragged by the younger woman. "Are you gonna answer me or not?"

"We're gonna leave and head overt o Sunny's house."

"Eh?" She widens her eyes. "Are you going to let me meet her family?!"

"What?" She stops and turns around. "Oh my ing gosh Soo! Of course that's not about it! We're gonna go to her house, fetch her, and then have a meeting."

"A meeting? What meeting?"

"Help Jessica her wedding and a big slap on Yuri's face."

 

"Uh are you guys sure about this?"

"Definitely."

Jessica sighs and looks at the three women who were sitting across here. "But this proposal you guys made- while I sincerely appreciate the efforts you've poured, it's just way too far from Yuri's demand of plain and simple."

"Because the wedding should be anything but plain and simple." Sooyoung argues. "Maybe Yuri was letting her speak for herself but she knows it too that her wedding shouldn't be simple."

"Sooyoung's right Jessica. This wedding is already the talk of the town. All of them are looking forward on what kind of wedding will they witness."

"I..." Jessica bites her lower lip. "I'm not so sure guys, Yuri will surely be pissed the moment she finds out that I am not following her orders."

"The only thing she needs to find out is for her brain to be out of her ." Hyoyeon says. "Jessica, if you're actually scared because of her I'm already telling you, don't be. I'll talk to Taeyeon and she'll knock some sense to her artist. If that's not enough then I will talk to Yuri myself and trust me, we don't want to go there."

She sighs as she looks at the plan. "Alright, I guess I don't have any choice since you guys can be pretty persuasive."

"Assa!"

 

From the wedding invitation down to the wedding hall selection, all Jessica had to do was to oversee the process and make some minor change from the arrangement that the three wise women made for her. Truth to be told, the three really made the dirty work for her and made the wedding preparations look easy for Jessica. It was only down to two weeks before the wedding and they managed to get everything on time.

Finally finishing the last set of to-do list, Jessica thought of doing something for them in return. So she decides to give them all a treat which is why they were holding a feastful dinner at her and Tiffany's apartment. Joining them were Hara and Irene who also announced that this would be a beautiful time to tell that this is her bachelorette party since Jessica declines their multiple bar offers.

The 'it' girls had to leave soon as they were booked for another event in Shanghai. Jessica couldn't help but feel jealous because she knew she was on the list too,it was just that she quitted school a week before the wedding so she pretty much wasn't qualified anymore.

 

"Thank you for everything you guys." Jessica starts. "Seriously, everything would still be impossible if it wasn't for you three doing all those work instead of me doing it."

"We did say we were going to deliver."

"I know, and I sincerely say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have done it without you." She smiles.

"Hey I did some helping too!" Tiffany whines which make their group erupt in a series of laughter.

"Yes, you calmed down my pregnant self and destress me." She gives her best friend a side hug.

"But in all honesty, that was some preparation." Sooyoung sighs. "Do you think when we plan for our wedding it'll be this stressful too?"

"Pfft! What wedding are you talking about?!" Hyoyeon comments. "You almost wet your pants when you saw her older cousin opened the door."

"Okay, in my defense- Gokju was scary okay?"

"What about that one time when her auntie opened instead of her?"

"She was intimidating too! The only person who is not intimidating from her family is Nara and her nephew Jackson. Ah! And Jackson's girlfriend, Youngji."

"Wow, we're not even on the dating stage and you call my family intimidating." Sunny shakes her head. "Guess this says about your character."

"Oooh... Someone's in trouble." Hyoyeon says as she sips her wine.

Sooyoung looks at Jessica who mouths for 'help' but the latter shakes her head "That was such a bad move Sooyoung-sshi, I doubt I can aid you with that."

The shikshin swallows the lump on . "Sunny... Let me explain for a moment."

"Go ahead." She crosses her arms. "I'm waiting."

"What she means to say is- your family's intimidating only because she wants to show her pure intentions. Yet, she couldn't because she thinks your family will judge her because of her previous actions, and then her fear and insecurities get the best of her." Tiffany decides to help out. "People who want to show the best versions of themselves mostly end up looking like a complete fool." She says. "You can trust me, I'm a psychology major. She may look like she's the coolest gal in the world and gets cocky but that's just all a facade. She only does it because she wants to show-off to you."

"Is she now." Sunny continues to eye Sooyoung.

"Look at her right now Sunny-sshi, she's even swallowing as if their some kind of rock in , she can't look you in the eyes and her palms are sweating."

"Is that true?"

"Y-yeah." Sooyoung manages to cough out. "I only want to take you out for one date just so you could see the real me, but I guess I always up."

"Sooyoung, language." Jessica reprimands.

Sunny ponders for a moment before turning her attention to their hosts. "Thank you for this wonderful dinner Miss Hwang, Miss Jung. I believe we must be going on our way."

"The pleasure was all ours Miss Lee and I hope this is the start of our wonderful relationship."

"It might take a while but I'm hoping the same thing." Sunny smiles.

 

After saying farewell to the two women, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Sunny head out of the apartment building where Hyoyeon ditched them first since Min's family just arrived from overseas and she had to be a good daughter-in-law. That leaves Sooyoung driving Sunny back to her house, even if it was against the midget's decision. Things were unusual during their ride all because Sooyoung didn't try anything which she usually does whenever she gets an alone time with Sunny and Sunny being Sunny, decided to keep the thoughts inside her head all to herself, only because she really hasn't gotten over with what the eye-smiling psychology major has told her.

 

 

Sooyoung finally stops the car right outside the huge white house. "We're here Sunny."

"I can see that."

That just made Soo want to slap herself right there. "S-s-orry."

"Sooyoung." Sunny calls out without looking at her. "Was it true?" Sooyoung waits for her to continue. "Everything that Miss Hwang has spoken a while ago, was it true?"

"If I say the truth will you believe me?"

"That's for me to judge."

The idol sighs. "It's half the truth, because I do think that boys and girls really wants a piece of this. I mean, who wouldn't? I'm practically-" She stops mid-way when she feels the latter's glare on her. "Yeah, it's the truth."

"You know I wouldn't be able to see your true intentions with me if you keep putting on that act right?"

"Yeah."

"And it doesn't help you that much because you know yourself that I ing hate narcissistic people."

"I know." She hungs her head low. "Which is why I hope you give me a chance to show you what I do want to tell you."

"Then tell me. Right here, right now." She looks at the bass player. "Why me? Out of all the people swooning over you, why did you choose me?"

"I didn't choose you Sunny." She blurts out. "It's just that one morning when I arrived inside the office, I saw you laughing so hard with something Hyoyeon just said and then from there I just felt it you know?"

"Felt what?"

"It's gonna be pretty damn cringy and cliché but- I felt what those people describe in the movies." She looks at Sunny. "When they describe their feeling of seeing their first love."

The shorter woman breaks their eye contact and stays silent for a moment. "I can't believe I am doing this."

"Huh? Di-did yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter