SIDE A | Track 4

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

 

"I'm sorry!"

"Are you seriously- ing out of your mind huh Kim Hyoyeon!?"

"You know how my mind is whenever I am drunk Yul!"

"I don't even care how your mind works because it doesn't work when you're drunk! You should've been more responsible!"

"I said I was sorry!"

"And to think I was this ing close in saving your !"

 

Taeyeon's office became an entire mess the moment Hyoyeon arrived looking really drunk and wasted. While the best friends battle it out with their reasoning or more like Hyoyeon receiving Yuri's lashing out, Jessica just remained in her seat, still stunned with the sudden turn of events. She looked at the bandmates who battled it out with their voices and hand gestures made her realize how much dramatic the entertainment business is.

 

 

"What should we do now Taeyeon? If the videos will be posted on the internet, freely available to the public- with the dating scandal we're about to release, they'll definitely think I'm getting married!"

"Hyo, please go and meet Sunny inside her booth? Tell her to wait with you at meeting room B. Tell her to stall the video leaks as much as possible while I talk with these two alone."

"Okay." The drum player gives her fumed best friend one last sad look before leaving the office with a shut of the door.

"I'm gonna kill her." Yuri says as she walks back and forth inside the office. "I'm gonna ing kill her!"

"Yul relax, sit down. I'll order us all some beverage. I need to think."


"Okay." Taeyeon places her cup down and looks at the two people in front of her. "I'm gonna be direct to the point okay?"

"Tell us your solution."

"I'm gonna do my best to try and shut down the news about the video your bandmate has made. But- it's still have to come out soon since I cannot hold it for so long Yuri you know how these negociations work."

"I understand." Yuri eyes her handler carefully. "So, what is your solution?"

"Before that, I wanna ask you guys a question."

"Shoot."

"What are your plans for the baby?"

"We're planning to keep it."

"No, I know you guys are planning to keep the baby and that's good news but how?" She says, as she looks at them. "Are you planning to tell your parents? Hide it from them? How is this whole thing gonna work out? Will you visit her from her apartment from time to time? The doctor? Who will you trust? Miss Jung, what if your parents give you a sudden visit and realize that instead of enrolling in your classes you've been enrolling yourself in some mom seminars? How are you going to explain to them that the one you got pregnant is a woman?"

"Well... They were already briefed with the project Gabriel happening in Korea so I guess that's a minus of a worry."

"And what about the rest?" Taeyeon then turns her attention to her artist. "And what about you Yuri? What are your planning to do with your parents? Even if you have plans to hide it- your mom is sneaky as hell and she will always find out news about you. Do you remember how estatic she was when she talked to you about having a miniature version of you running around their backyard?" Yuri sighs as she knows that she was right.

"I thought you were asking us one question only."

"Yeah I did, but those were the follow-up questions."

"Well, we're gonna figure that one out but the decision is final, we're gonna keep the baby."

"And I'm going to be a godparent I swear." She says. "Here's what I think, instead of figuring things out- I'm going to give you guys a solution. It's not going to be the choice you would be happy to hear about, but it's the most realistic solution I could give."

"Spill it." Yuri says, eager to find the solution behind to this mayhem.

"You guys are gonna get married."

"WHAT!?" Both of them exclaimed in unison.

"I can't do that!" Yuri argues. "It's going to be so impossible!"

"Think about this Yuri, sooner or later, people will find out the truth. I am just preventing damage that is currently happening now. Just think about it okay? It's going to ease the damage of the video scandal, the last night's event, both of your parents- your careers... The list could go on and on honestly. I'm not just talking about hitting two birds with one stone, I'm talking about a flock of birds."

"But what about her career? What will happen to her?"

Taeyeon spares Jessica a glance before returning her eyes to Yuri. "She knows what will happen to her Yuri. Whether you marry her or not, she's going to have to leave school soon."

"That's gonna cause some drama."

"And drama means hate and dissing. But with my suggestion, I am actually saving herself from being labeled of so many things that you and Jessica will never want to hear right now. Being temporarily married to one another will still help her career and I'm gonna find a good handler to her trust me."

"But-"

"Excuse me?" Jessica's soft voice makes them stop talking. "I know this is too much to ask but can I speak with Yuri alone?"

"No problem. Deal with this for as long as you can, I'll talk to you tomorrow. I'm gonna have to deal with Hyoyeon first."

When the door clicks, the idol looks at the aspiring beauty queen. "What do you want to talk about?"

"About how crazy this entire thing is." She starts. "Here I thought we're gonna solve the problem the moment we decide to keep the baby."

Yuri slumps back on her seat. "Yeah, me too."

"How do you think we should do?"

"Of course we're gonna oppose Jessica! I'm not gonna marry you because of the baby. We can still raise the kid without being committed to one another."

"If... We decide that way then it's gonna confirm the video scandal Hyoyeon spread and it's gonna ruin your career."

"How is it gonna ruin my career?"

"By being portrayed as someone running away from responsibility. When the Han River pictures come out along with the video leak, they'll probably thinking that you're cancelling the 'marriage' because you found out I was pregnant."

"They're not gonna find out you're pregnant."

"I'm not planning to stay in the dungeon Yuri." She reasons. "Don't you have an upcoming comeback? Don't you think it's gonna cause drama and speculations and wouldn't it divert more attention into your private lives' instead of focusing in support to your new music? It'll only be a short amount of time before they'll finally realize that Hyoyeon and Min are dating."

"Are you saying that we should actually push through this?"

"This is what's best for your career."

"But what about yours?"

"I don't even have a name for myself yet." Jessica bitterly smiles. "Besides, they're still gonna call me names whichever way we decide."

Yuri sighs. "Marriage is something we shouldn't take for granted."

"And so does being parents to our baby. I know Taeyeon is right, it's what's best for you, me and the baby. Think about letting it grow up into an environment where they'll have a complete family."

"Okay." She says at the same time nodding her head. "I'm gonna tell Taeyeon about our decision tomorrow. You don't have to come though, you need to rest."

"Okay."

Silence envelops the room. "Do you want me to give you a ride?"

The latter immediately shakes her head. "I can manage, I'll just commute. My home's not that far."

"Fine, I'll see you on the next meeting then."

 

Yuri doesn't let Jessica reply and just leaves the office. She heads straight to the elevator but then she suddenly thinks it was kind of an move to leave the mother of her child all alone so she walks back to Taeyeon's office and opens the door silently- surprised to see Jessica crying so hard. She opens the door a little bit more, watching as her shoulders move up and down and hears the sniffs, hiccups and weeps.

She wanted to be there for her and comfort her but she just doesn't know how. She also felt that she was invading someone's privacy, added to the fact that they're not that close and she's not someone to be called as 'friendly'. I barely know her. I don't know how to comfort someone in the first place. She thinks to herself so she closes the door the same manner she has opened it and goes back to her way and this time, she shoo's away the hint of guilt tingling inside the system.

 

 

"How long are we gonna stay here Taeyeon?" Hyoyeon lousily says as she moves around her swivel chair.

"I don't mind staying here long though, I like seeing and sitting beside this beauty right here." Sooyoung pouts, using her lips to point at Sunny.

"Ugh, this is why Sunny won't date you goofball. All these greasy lines is disgusting and cringy. I'mn not even kidding."

"Yah, what's wrong with my lines?"

"They're exactly how Hyoyeon depitcs, greasy and disgusting. Oh, it also makes me feel super uncomfortable."

"Hahahaha! Nice on Sunneh!"

"It's Sunny. Learn how to speak my future girlfriend's name correctly."

"What are you even doing here? The last time I checked you weren't included in the memo."

"Wouldn't want to miss the news." She playfully winks at their manager.

"Seriously Taeyeon can I take my leave now?" Sunny's voice was evident of annoyance. "And what's with all this acting? What are you up to?"

"Yeah cousin. And mind you, this better be something great because Yuri's gonna skin me alive!"

"This is not the time to tell you guys. But rest assured, I will tell you all soon."

 

The next time they meet is when Yuri tells Taeyeon about their decision, finally deciding to push through with her suggestion. She internally smiles knowing that her plan is fully going her way and then proceeds to convince Yuri to just solely focus on her comeback and that they will meet with Jessica later on once the promotion is done. Knowing that she cannot handle this plan all on her on, she welcomes Sunny aboard who was fully convinced on what she was trying to do and promised her full
support.

Right after promoting their new song, Yuri and Jessica finally meets once again after two weeks to be oriented with the plan Taeyeon has come up with which was Sunny's suggestion from the start.


 

"The Han River scandal pictures will be posted tonight. I'm sorry I really stalled them as long as I could."

"It's alright Tae, at least it happened after the group's comeback." Yuri says. "So what's your plan Taeyeon?"

"You two will be going on a photoshoot spree." She smiles at the soon-to-be PR couple. "You will be hanging out with one another for days to let our team take photos of you. It'll be just proof gathering that add more reality to the photo that will be posted tonight. You don't need to worry about other things though. We'll forge the timestamps and be discrete with the angles so it'll add more realness to your relationship."

"Just how long are we talking about us dating one another?"

"For almost two years."

Yuri widens her eyes. "Two years?! I have an ombré hair last year!"

"Which is why we're gonna start with that." She throws Yuri a wig, making the latter completely terrified as it almost looked like her hair from their last comeback. "Just do your act and let Sunny's team do the rest."

"And the pregnancy news?"

"We'll drop it after your wedding where the bump will be more visible."

"What about our parents?"

"Still thinking about that one but don't worry I'll contact you once I have the solution for now, just do this okay?"

"When do we start?"

"When you leave the building actually. Some of the crew will take pictures of you coming out from the building and then you guys will walk down to the ice cream shop just a few street away from the agency. When the dating news comes out, they will take a few pictures and post some tweets as well."

"Any reminders?"

"Just be sweet or casual. Are we clear?"

"Yes Tae."

"Okay, you guys can go now. Good luck." They were about to leave the office when Taeyeon suddenly calls Jessica's attention. "Do you have a cap or a mask?"

"A cap or a mask?"

Taeyeon pulls out something from her drawer and then hands it to the beautiful blonde. "Rule number 1. When going out, always take these with you okay? This is to protect your identity for the mean time."

Jessica was about to receive the things when Yuri pulls her hand away, startling the two. "I have an extra in my desk, let's go."

The oldest of the three just looks at them walking away with a smirk on her face. "It hasn't even started yet but it looks this will be as easy as pie."

 

Jessica was having a hard time catching onto Yuri's hasten steps as they stopped on the recording room where Jessica lets form into an 'O' form as her eyes lands on the room where the magic happens. She could feel herself getting all the goosebumps scattering althroughout her body. She just couldn't believe that she has finally seen the place where all the masterpieces were created.

 

 

"Yah." Jessica jumps a little when she sees Yuri snapping her fingers right in front of her. "Well don't just stand there, we don't have all day."

"S-s-sorry." She hears Yuri scoff and footsteps fading away. "Whew, that was so close."

"Are you coming or what?"

"Y-yes!" She ignores the rapid beating of her heart and jogs towards where Yuri was.

Both of them got inside the elevator and the idol hands her a mask and a grey baseball cap. "Wear this."

"T-thanks."

"Remember to follow my league and I'll take care of this so we could leave early." She advices. "Don't forget to act natural- like in a normal date."

"Eating ice cream at three in the morning. Right, I get that."

 

Jessica took Yuri's silence as a sign that she should just shut up but unknown to the blonde beauty Yuri was hiding a smile behind her mask because of what she just said. The silence between them continues then being shattered by the (I)ding sound coming from the elevator. Yuri exits first followed by Jessica who seemed to be walking towards the main exit when Yuri drags her in a different direction, exiting towards the west wing of the company. Yuri peeks her head and moves it from left to right before walking side by side with the beauty to the ice cream shop.

 

 

"I thought we were heading out for the exit?"

"That was the exit. What were you thinking going towards the main hall?" Yuri says. "It's gonna come out suspicious and cliché."

"Oh, right. That makes sense." She says as she nods her head. "The photographers?"

"They already took photos."

"Really? How come I never heard a shutter sound?"

"It's because they have specialized cameras for that."

 

The walk towards the ice cream shop went for a while and Jessica took this time to pull her coat towards her body closer which didn't go unnoticed in Yuri's eyes. She was about to stick her body closer towars her but then immediately decides against it since she wasn't close to Jessica at all. Plus she also thinks that Jessica can manage herself well. Besides, one more right turn and they're already in the shop.

Arriving at the small cornered establishment, Yuri sits on the far end- being grateful when it was just them and two other customers who were individually sitting in tables far from them. She lets Jessica order and after a few moments of waiting the latter arrives with two cups in hand.

 

 

Jessica who already had ate two scoops of her ice cream finally notices Yuri's eyes upon her. "Is there something wrong? D-don't you like the flavor?"

"This is honey lemon ice cream."

"It is."

"How'd you know that I like honey lemon?"

"The internet?" She unsurely answers.

"I thought I told everyone I like Mint flavored." She furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "I don't remember telling anyone I like honey lemon."

"W-well, there's this one forum that I've stumbled upon and one fan commented that she used to work at an ice cream shop and you ordered honey lemon."

"Oh." Yuri thinks about it for a moment. "Maybe I did."

 

Jessica smiles at her while she heaves out a sigh of relief, thanking her brain for actually cooperating with her for once. She also doesn't forget to make a mental note to never slip like that ever again.

 

 

 

"Miss Kim, Miss Jung is here and would like to see you."

"Send her in please." The door opens and Taeyeon drops her pen to smile at her visitor. "Miss Jung, what's with the sudden visit? I was about to let my assistant text
you because we need to meet later."

"I just came from my workplace and I thought about giving you this." The latter hands her a beautifully wrapped bag. "I initially planned to leave it to the front
staff but then I remember last time didn't go well so..."

Taeyeon chuckles and motions for the latter to sit down on the couch. "Don't worry, she'll be transfered to another department by the end of the week." She says and
sits on her side of the couch. "Thank you for these Miss Jung. I actually forgotten when was the last time I've eaten this day."

"Oh, it's a good thing that I dropped by. It's a thank you gift because you managed to prolong the dating scandal."

"Come to think of it, you were actually right. A dating scandal before or during the comeback would've been a disaster and I'm glad I listened to you."

"I just don't want to criticize Yuri's life during their promotion. And it's not just Yuri's life but also S.H.Y.'s career."

The CEO nods in agreement. "Thank you for looking out for Yuri even though it doesn't concerns you."

"Miss Kim, I know this is too much to ask again but I need one more favor from you."

"What is it?"

"What are we doing for tonight? How are we going to react once the news is out?"

"Just in an ice cream shop not far from the agency."

"Okay... Do you know Yuri's favorite flavor perhaps?" Taeyeon rose her eyebrows in amusement. "I know it's mint-"

"It's actually honey lemon. I just told her to tell the fans mint so in case they'd flood her with ice cream it won't hurt too much."


 

"Yah." Yuri calls her out, pulling her back from her reverie. "Look, I know you're sleepy but can you cooperate and not act sleepy?"

"S-s-orry."

The tanned-girl sighs. "Whatever, it's not like you're used to staying up this late anyways. Just wait a bit more and then we'll call it a day."

"You look different." Jessica says. "With your hair color like that."

"I honestly don't remember what went through my mind when I decided to push through this look. It looks ridiculous."

"Ridiculously good." Yuri stops eating her ice cream as she spares the blonde woman a glance. "You're the only woman I now that probably fits any hairstyle placed on her."

"Did you just complimented me?"

 

Jessica stops her ice cream mid-way and looks back at the idol who was looking back at her. The smooth and laid back music slowly fades away in the background and all she could focus on is the brief smile that lingered for a second on the latter's lips. She hasn't seen Yuri smile ever since this whole thing blew up in their faces and it would be a complete lie if she'll say the smile didn't make her heart beat fast.

 


She breaks the contact by looking away, clearly aware of the fact that her cheeks are blushing by now. "Y-you can s-say that."

"Hmm, never took you for a fan."

"I'm not a fan!" She raises her voice, making Yuri surprise. "I-I- I just think that-"

"I understand. It's not like you'd understand our genre anyways. Knowing you, you probably break hearts and not get her heart broken."

"I don't have to experience that to understand your songs. That's one of your band's charms." She says. "Listening to your songs would make a happy girl cry three in the morning for no absolute reason."

Yuri was about to answer but then her phone starts to buzz and catch her attention. "Taeyeon texted me and said we're done. You should go home."

"Oh." She says, a hint of slight disappointment covering her response. "O-okay."

"I'll just let my manager take you home. She's outside waiting for you." She stands up.

"Bye Yu-" The idol doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter