SIDE A| Track 7

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

"We let you go here all by yourself because you want to achieve this so called (I)dream of yours not to find someone and get married!"

"Dad please if you would just-"

"Don't. Don't you dare try to reason your way out of this! I am not done with you!"

 

Yuri paces herself back and forth from the floor's lounge which was not too far from Taeyeon's office where screams were muffled by the doors. While she was lost inside her own thoughts, Sunny and Taeyeon looked like they were about to have an upcoming headache because of the idol. Sunny groans for the umpeeth time while Taeyeon made her want to roll her eyes. This was already getting out of hand and having Yuri move too much was made her reach her breaking point.


 

"Yuri can you please stop walking like a parent who's about to have her child? You're making us feel nauseous and trust me you are not helping."

"Then stop looking at me. Look at the wall or the fern plant."

"Apparently, what the news people tells the public is true. You are an eye-catcher."

Yuri stops in her tracks. "Why are they even here in the first place? I thought you were still finding time to tell it to her parents?"

"I was on my way to my office when I heard her dad causing a commotion at the ground floor. He almost made an even more dramatic scene and he could've screamed who he was in front of a dozen employees if I didn't helped him." She explains. "They were here because they had a seminar in Busan and thought it would be nice to book earlier and visit their daughter."

The tanned beauty sighs as she continues to hear muffled reprimands on the other side of the door. "Taeyeon, do something!"

"That's a family meeting do you understand? If I cross that line now, I'm gonna be dead. Besides, what do you want me to say the moment I barge in? That your one night stand escalated real quick and now you guys are gonna have to be married for the sake of your career and the unformed human inside your daughter's womb?"

"But we can't stay here and do nothing either!"

"Like I said- family meeting Yuri."

"Fine, since I am going to marry her soon, that makes me family."

Both of them looked as Yuri made her way to the entrance. "Ugh, finally she got what yu've been trying to tell her." Sunny rolls her eyes. "But Taeyeon, I really am curious. Why did you let me e-mail to Jessica's parents about the scandal she's involved herself to her parents?"

Taeyeon smiles. "Let's just say this is just one of the few parts of my plan."


The metallic double doors opened and two out of the three persons inside the room turned to Yuri whose eyes were solely focused on Jessica who has her head hung low without any sign of crying from her ever since she was left alone inside the room with her parents. Yuri's heart starts to ache, like it has been gripped hard- but she ignores the feeling, immediately goes by Mr. and Mrs. Jung and kneels down in front of their daughter. She gently places her hand on top of the latter's knee making Jessica to slightly lift her head up.

 

"Y-Yuri?" She manages to say. "W-w-what are you doing here?"

"I'm going to make this okay." She says in a soft manner. "Trust me Jessica it's going to be okay."

"What are you doing here? I told you to get out!" Jessica's dad screams at her back. "This is a family matter and you are not family."

She stands up and looks back at Mr. Jung. "Not yet- since I'm going to be your daughter's wife soon, I'm just going to establish my position in her life." She states. "And whatever it is that you need to discuss with Jessica, then you can also do it while I am here."

That made him scoff. "Who do you think you are?"

"I'm Kwon Yuri." Her voice was oozing with such confidence in hopes to startle him. "With all due respect, but I think you don't have the right to talk down to her like that, even if she's your daughter."

"Did you really think I am going to let her marry someone like you who's incredibly arrogant?"

"This is no arrogance sir. This is me simply telling you not to shower my girlfriend with such words."

"You have no right to tell me how to lecture my daughter! I am her father!"

"Honey please stop." Mrs. Jung tries to calm the tension inside the room.

"And I am going to be her partner in life." She retorts back, not even slightly intimidated with how serious Mr. Jung looks. "If you think that letting your daughter to be married to someone who can give her everything she deserves and someone who can actually see her worth as a person then clearly there must be something wrong with you." She says with much conviction that she really believed in her own words. 

"I am not lecturing you on how to discipline your cild because I respect your ways. However, I will not let your words be out of hand to the point that she will belittle and doubt herself because I've always known her as someone who is intelligent, mature, responsible and a wonderful individual that I have ever met." She holds onto Jessica's hands and pulls the latter up. "You are wonderful parents to have given life to someone as beautiful as her, but I am asking you to show support and trust that you have raised her well and she wouldn't do something reckless like the imaginations that's been running through your heads."

 

With that, Yuri formally bows to the two of them before dragging Jessica away from the office. She ignores the stares that were coming from Sunny and Taeyeon and conitnues to walk until they were out of the public's eye and now currently standing beside her car on the building's basement apartment. She finally lets go of the blonde woman's hand and lets herself catch her breath. When she has finally calmed down, she takes a look at Jessica who still had her head hung low.


 

"Yah. What do you think you're still doing?" She says as she continues to stare at the latter. "Cry."


It sounded more of a command rather than a statement and as if on cue, Yuri watches as Jessica's shoulders move up and down. After a while she could finally hear the sniffs and weeping that she had expected to hear from earlier but what really surprised her was when Jessica suddenly leans onto her chest as her tears stained Yuri's another expensive top.

The idol lifts her head up and sighs to herself once again having the urge to push the crying woman away but she knows deep down, she will never have the heart to do so. Instead, she wraps an arm around Jessica and pulls her close while lightly tapping her on the back. She once again looks at her wrist watch and noticed that the clock had just turned into 4 o'clock in the afternoon.


4 o'clock. 24 hours to go.

 

"Don't cry too much. People might take photos of us when we head out and the last thing I want them to see is a picture of you with your puffy eyes with a stupid assumption of a possible love quarrel. We just got engaged so we need to look happy."

Jessica wipes her tears away. "I'm sorry."

"Stop saying you're sorry." She cups the latter's cheeks. "Not everything is under your control so you need to stop blaming things onto yourself okay?"

And just like how she manage to ease out Yuri's anger a while ago, she feels at ease hearing those words. "Okay."

"Shall we go to that coffee shop I was talking about earlier? Because I really need my daily dose of caffeine now."

She finally lets out a smile. "I think I also need a cup of tea."

"Then a cup of coffee and tea it is."

 

"Thank you." Yuri nods in gratitude towards the waiter for handing them drinks.

"Enjoy your meal."

She looks at Jessica who just had her first sip of tea. "How is it?"

"It's so good!" She says with all that facial expression imprinted on her face. "Wow, that's so nice I feel so refreshed."

"A college colleague of mine owns this place. He has all his ingredients fresh from his farm which is an hour away from here."

"Ohh, that must be the reason why this drink is so good." She looks out and see the sun drifts off slowly. "Ahhh and this scenery reminds me of Prague."

"You've been to Prague?"

Jessica nods in response. "When I was little, my parents had tons of gifts from our foreign guests and one time our European regular gave us flights and let us stay in his home. I saw the pictures after a few years and actually pitied myself for not being able to appreciate the place how it truly deserves."

"Wanna visit that place again?"

"If I could then yeah." She smiles. "I really like Prgaue."

Yuri nods and continues to enjoy her dose of caffeine. "What else do you like?"

"W-why do you ask?"

"Just because." She slightly shrugs. "Just in case your parents put me in a hot seat out of nowhere."

"Oh." She then thinks of what she could really share to the idol about herself. "I like yellow, I like being spontaneous-"

"Why?"

"Well, I think it's nice to do something just because you thought of doing it. I like the adrenaline flowing through my veins whenever I feel like stepping out of my comfort zone. I may look like prim and proper but I do tend to go for those days when I just think of whatever I'm gonna do this right now."

"So you're like a dare-devil?"

"More of someone who gives into my courage when I have enough. I don't know when will I have the strength to do things again or will I ever get the chance to feel that kind of courage anymore so I'm just gonna go with it." She smiles. "I also like high places even though it scares me, the beack, I like cruising or long drives. Sometimes when the night sky is pretty I'd open my window and just poke out my head and admire the stars."

She nods once again. "Do you have any schedule after this?"

"Uhhh, I don't have anything to do today. But if you had an errand then it's fine, I'll just take a walk and think for a while."

"Is there anything you want to do today?"

"Huh?"

"Come on, tell me. What do you want to do today?" She says. "Just think of one activity."

"I wanna go and see the stars." She answers. "I used to do it but I really don't have the time to do right now."

Yuri looks at her while she turns her focus on the view that was by the huge glass window. She then pulls out her phone and dials a number. "Hi, yeah this is me Yuri. Yeah I was just wondering if you place is free for today? Wow, that's nice. Can I book it? Just for 2 hours. Okay fine, an hour will do. Yeah? That sounds wonderful. We'll be there in half an hour. Yeah, bye." She then grabs Jessica's hand which startled the latter. "Let's go."

"W-where?" She was starting to get confused with Yuri's actions. "You can drop me off at-"

"Pabo, you're coming with me."

"Huh? B-but why?"

"Because we're going to see the stars."


"Look Yul, be quick okay? You have an hour tops and you need to leave."

"Thanks man. I owe you one."

"Attend my wedding next year then maybe I'll consider we're quits."

"Sounds like a deal."

The man chuckles and bids the couple farewell as Yuri turns to Jessica who was busy looking around the huge tent. "Yuri, I thought we were going to see the stars?"

"Yeah we are."

"But- it's just a tent."

Yuri lets out a chuckle. "Come here and lay with me."

Jessica complies still confused why they were inside this place. "And?"

"Anytime now!" Yuri screams out to no one.

"Yuri I think-" Jessica finally lets out a gasp. "-Oh my gosh..."

 

Jessica's eyes marveled at the sight that was shown in front of her. Just above the tent's ceiling were a million- probably close to a zillion of stars shining above them. It looked so real she felt that she was just floating a few feet underneath them. Receiving this kind of reaction from the blonde girl boosted Yuri's ego and she even slightly tapped herself on the shoulder, congratulating herself for a job well done.

And finally- to put them into the perfect mood, Yuri pulls on her phone and plays the song yellow on loop.

 

"Yuri this is..." Jessica was totally out of words.

"Do you see that bright little star out there? The one who shines a little bit more of the others?" Jessica nods her head. "That's Sirius A. It's the-"

"Second brightest star right after the sun." Jessica completes her sentence. "It's located at the constellation Canis Major."

"Did you that there's approximately-"

"250 billion stars found in the milky way."

Yuri was getting a little competitve with Jessica's knowledge about stars. "Okay but did you know that there's a lot more galaxies out there? Research shows that it has more than-"

"100 billion galaxies." She once again cuts her off. "But if you want to be more specific and recent, there's about 200 billion galaxies out there. Some are smaller or even bigger than the Milky Way."

The idol sighs. "You know, you could atleast pretend that you don't know anything about the stars so that it could help me boost my confidence."

Jessica giggles. "Sorry, I just love stars too much."

"Well at least you're a little bit happy now." Jessica nods positively. "But what's with stars that you like them so much?"

"I like the feeling of just staring at them." She simply answers. "Whenever I look at them, I feel like time somehow stops for a while. Like somehow it reminds me that whatever happens in your life, it doesn't kill you if you just slow things down for a while. I kinda thought about it when I was getting so frustrated with not getting good grades in my freshman class. I even wondered if I was destined to be here or was it even right to follow my dream."

"Yah Jessica Jung." Jessica looks at Yuri who's focus was still on the stars. "Don't you ever do that again."

"Do what?"

"Doubt yourself." She answers. "You're one of the bravest people I've ever met so don't go for a second and start doubting yourself ever again." She looks back at Jessica and the blonde girl felt the rapid beating of her heart. "You were meant to be here. You deserve to be here."


For the remaining minutes of Yuri's reservation, the idol shuffles her playlist and listen as Jessica continues to marvel and share her insights about the stars and the constellations. Usually these kind of talks or topics would bore the hell out of her but somehow, Jessica's voice seemed to change all of that and now, she has finally learned a thing or two about the stars, and about the woman beside her as well.

Right after their little star-gazing, it was Jessica's turn to ask Yuri if there was a place that she wanted to visit but hasn't gotten the time to do so. Without any seconds thoughts, Yuri beams out her answer and responds that she wanted to go and visit the ice cream parlor near their university which Jessica immediately tells her that they should go and grab a snack.

 

 

"Samchon!"

"Omo Yuri-ah!" A middle age man stuffs the idol in between his arms and chuckles. "It's been so long since the last time you visited!"

"Yeah, but hey I'm here now." She smiles. "By the way this is-"

"Jessica Jung." He holds onto Jessica's hand and gives it a light kiss. "My, my, my. It's nice to know the woman who brought back the life out from this rascal. You're even prettier than the articles!!"

"T-t-thank you samchon."

"Aigoo, look at her being so young and feminine." He chuckles once again.

"Alright enough showering her with compliments that's my job. We'd like to order one red bean paste and one strawberry."

"Eeesh, still the competitive teenager I see." He shakes her head. "You guys wait out in your seats and I'll go and get them ready."

Yuri looks around and drags Jessica to her favorite table. "Let's sit here."

Jessica nods and takes a seat whilst looking around the place. "So, you're a regular here?"

"I usually spend my free time here."

"Oh, so this place is responsible for the legend of the Stone-cold heart of a Kwon Yuri?"

Yuri chuckles. "Believe it or not I used to sit and write about love songs here."

"So what happened?"

 

"So what's that suppose to mean?"

"You know what I'm trying to say to you Yul." She hangs her head low. "I don't think I'm ready for that."

"Because your career is more important that our relationship right?"

"Look, you might not understand me now-"

"Cut the crap Juran I get it now." She hisses, ignoring the hard invicible substance on . "You belong to the world now." And what hurt Yuri the most is when Juran just remained silent. " this , I'm out of here and we're done. We're breaking up."

 

 

"Life happened." She answered in her cold and usual tone. "I accepted the fact that life does not always consist of unicorns and rainbows."

"But life isn't always about dark clouds and thunderstorms too."

Yuri takes a look at the woman in front of her. "Are you saying I'm wrong?"

"I'm saying that you're partially right. I believe that life consists of both, a long and unwinding journery of unicorns and rainbows with a mixture of dark clouds and thunderstorms." She answers. "And I think, the only reason why you think life is all about being sad and unhappy because you've been stuck underneath the dark clouds and been cold because of the thunderstorms. Your overdue stay in that area may be by your decison or by fate, but I believe you're going to get out. We all need a dose of our own versions of unicorns and rainbows." She smiles. "And when that time comes, I hope you welcome it with both arms. If I deserve to be here then you deserve to
be happy in this life too Kwon Yuri."

"How can you be so optimistic in times like this?"

"Because life is already hard. I don't need any more negativity to make it even harder."

She was about to answer but then one large cup was placed in front of them. "Here's your order!"

"But samchon, this isn't what we ordered."

"I know, but I am currently experimenting on my meals so I want my VIP to try this before I release it out to the public. Go on, have a taste."

"Mmmmm, wow." Yuri nods as she takes in another scoop. "This is so good."

"Really? You think the public will love it?"

"One hundred percent." Jessica comments making him blush and giddy.

"So samchon what's the name of this flavor?"

"Unicorns and rainbows." He answers making the two women both choke on their scoops. "Omo! What's wrong? I thought you like the taste already?! Were you guys lying?"

Jessica waves both of her hands negatively. "It just reminded me of something samchon. Other than that this tastes fantastic."

"What do you think Yuri? You think it will be a best-seller?"

"Without a doubt." Yuri looks at Jessica who was happily dancing while scooping another spoonful. "After all, we all need our own unicorns and rainbows."

 

"We're here." 

Jessica unbuckles her seatbelt. "Thank you for today. I don't know what I would do if-"

"Like I said, everything is going to be okay. Besides, I don't want you to be stressed out or something, my baby's formation depends on your moods."

She chuckles. "The baby inside me isn't even formed yet. Remember, the process of having a project Gabriel baby takes longer than the usual pregnancy."

"Fine, fine, fine. But, I still stand by my argument."

"You be careful on your way home."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter