SIDE A | Track 13

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

"Well... There's nothing we can do about now can we?"

"I suppose." Jessica answers awkwardly. "The entire place is fully booked so adding another room is out of the question."

"Let's just share the bed Jes, I don't mind it at all." Yuri proceeds to the room and starts to unpack. "You go and take a shower first. I'll be waiting for my turn."

"O-o-okay." Jessica grabs the necessary things from her luggage and turns to look at Yuri one last time before getting inside the bathroom.

 

Jessica finished her shower half an hour later and Yuri takes a brisk and warm shower after. By the time she was done, she already saw Jessica taking her side of the bed with pillows in between them which made her chuckle. Setting her things down she takes her own side of the bed but removing the pillows as well while giving the brunette her fair share of the pillows. Jessica turns around to face Yuri, a confused expression plastered on her face waiting for Yuri to start explaining.

 

 

"You're building unneccesary separation Jessica. It's not like you have a disease or something."

"But I thought you value and prioritize your personal space?"

 

Yuri thinks about it for a while before taking into consideration what Jessica had said. If this was done months before she would've agreed with the whole pillow thing since her number one priority is to have a space for her own but after everything that has happened between them she doesn't mind sharing spaces with Jessica at all. Not even this queen size bed that they are laying down as of the moment. It kinda amazes her now that she thinks about it but Jessica Jung-Kwon is a pretty amazing woman too.

 

 

"Yeah I know but this is no big deal. We totally shared a bed before right?"

Jessica's eyes widen hearing that come from the latter. "W-w-well I-I- the last time-"

"No! Not that!" Yuri's high pitched in-denial voice surprised Jessica. "I meant when we were in Prague."

The brunette was just thankful that the lights were off or else there's a high chance the idol will see her blush right now. "R-r-right. We-ll I was talking about that." Yuri hums in response. " I never got the chance to say thank you to you earlier."

"It's no big, you just need to leave all the stress back in Seoul."

"I did. So thank you for bringing me here."

Yuri smiles. "Good night Jessica."

"Good night... Yuri."


"Good morning darling."

"Good morning Mrs. Jung." A light-headed Yuri enters the kitchen while rubbing her eyes.

"Now, now, we've already talked about this months ago and I already told you do not treat me differently." She says. "You've completely redeemed yourself the moment you brought my little angel back here so you can call me mom." She smiles as she hands the latter a cup of perfect coffee.

"Hmmm, this is good." She the remains off of her lips. "It almost tastes like Jessica's make."

"So which one tastes better? Mine or my daughter's?"

"Well..." She takes another sip as she considers her decision. "Uncle Thomas did say that a happy wife means a happy life so-" Her mother-in-law chuckles at her. "I'm sorry mother but Jessica won by a landslide."

"Awee, that hurt my feels but don't worry, I have my husband to heal my wounded pride."

"By the way, have you seen Jessica around? She wasn't there when I woke up."

"She went horseback riding with her dad. It's kind of their usual hobby back in the days so I just let them be. They're probably done by now so you could try to see if they are at the stables yet."

"Okay, I'll just change and head there."

"Drop by here again and I'll prepare breakfast-on-the-go."

"Can you prepare peanut butter and mayo sandwich?" Mrs. Jung's eyebrows lifts up by the weird combination. "I know it's nasty but it's what Jessica prefers to eat nowadays. I'm gonna blame it on the pregnancy hormones."

"Is there anything that she wants to eat too?"

"Eggs and banana mix that's all."

 

Yuri rushes down the stables with a basket in her hand where she sees Jessica having a good chat with her father who was obviously trying to make his dad jokes work and being the good daughter that she is, she laughs along with every attempt Yuri knows because he was starting with it last night and Yuri couldn't help but notice the similarities of her dad and her father-in-law.

 

 

"You're finally up." Jessica smiles at her.. "Sorry, I wanted you to have some rest and dad was just being so energetic in the morning I wondered if he drank Red Bull instead of mother's coffee."

"It's alright, I wanted you to spend time with your dad anyways." She smiles. "Good morning dad."

"Well good morning to you too Yuri." He smiles as he hops down the horse. "Come now princess, the morning ride is officially done."

"What?" Jessica exclaims. "But it's still too early, we haven't even gone to the beach trail yet. The best is yet to come!"

Yuri smiles seeing Jessica having this adorable pout on her face. "I really have this important meeting with a client plus I haven't got myself a coffee from my wife so I better leave now if I want to have a great day." He says. "Why don't you take Yuri with you instead?"

"Oh but I'm not familiar with horses. I'm not sure I can handle it."

"You can take sunshine. She's a gentle giant, perfect for beginners."

"Awesome!" Jessica beams. "Let's go, let's go!"

 

Sunshine was the perfect fit for the scardy-cat Kwon Yuri. They were just starting the trail and she becomes this whining mess and making the smaller things a huge deal and while the idol was having the of her life, beside her was the giggling Jessica making sure that she captured every moment of the scared Yuri especially when they were onto the last part where the trail was pretty scary and steep with lots of trees.

By the time they got there, Yuri felt every scream she gave out earlier was worth it. The sun slowly lighting up, the sound of the waves crashing against the sand, the smell of saltiness of the water and the fresh air mixed together was perfect. After tying up the horses, Yuri and Jessica sat on the mat and slowly she handed out sandwiches and hot tea for them to enjoy this morning. Yuri smiles and takes a mini clip of Jessica bouncing around in her seat while she eats that weird combination again but Yuri chuckles anyway seeing how happy Jessica looked.


 

"So? What do you think about the place?"

"Its..." She sighs. "I don't know how to even start describing this place."

"I know right?" Jessica agrees. "My dad used to take me here and we'd take a little quick dip just before my mom finishes cooking breakfast. She really didn't favor us swimming here because the waves are usually strong in the morning but I knew she loved it everytime my dad would take her here so they could have some alone time together."

"You really missed home huh."

The brunette smiles. "A lot actually... It just dawned to me how different my world is from what I grew up with."

"So why did you leave?" She finally asks. "Don't get me wrong Sica, your courage is admirable but you have everything in here but why leave the safest place on Earth?"

"Because sometimes being safe doesn't help you grow." Yuri was caught off guard with her answer. "While it's nice to know that our parents are there for us throughout the way, I still do like to think that there are phases in our lives that we need to go through alone."

"Is that why you pursued your dream and left everything you have back here?"

She doesn't answer for a while and just looked at the beach. "When I was growing up I would accompany my mother to her outreach programs and there's something about giving help to those who are in need made me feel great... There was this great comfort that I felt whenever I knew I was helping someone or I was a reason for someone else's smile or just being able to be a part of their process of fixing themselves." Jessica takes a moment to collect her emotions. "And to be able to use the platform of the pagentry to voice out the issues that I think really needs attention and just to raise social awareness onto a bigger audience is such a dream."

"Wow." Yuri blinks in surprise as she didn't think Jessica's answer would be that deep. "Shame you couldn't do that now."

"Oh no Yuri." She shakes her head making her head confused. "Not being able to achieve my main goal may be a little saddening but being a mother is totally another story."

"You believe in that much positivity?"

"I believe that we're allowed to have multiple dreams." She smiles. "It scares me to death, to think that a few months from now we'll be parents and I can't even assure myself that I'll be half as good as my parents but like I said- there are things we were meant to face alone."

"You know hearing you all talk about all these topics made me realize that you'll never be half as good as your parents- because you'll be your own version of a great parent and I hope that the ooi will see the world as you are right now." Yuri says. "You're the first person that I actually know who sees good things in everything I honestly don't know how you do it but- I hope ooi will learn from you."

"Hey, you're not so bad yourself you know."

"After everything I've done to you, you still manage to say that?"

"I just don't think that one mistake could outdo every single good thing you've done."

"Name one single thing that I actually did to you."

"You took me home when I needed it." They both locked eyes with one another, Yuri marveling over Jessica's deep, brown beautiful orbs. "You gave me your surname, gave our child a solid future and you- you're a good person Yuri and I hope you know that."

"If I'm a good person then you're an angel." She smiles. "But for everything that I've done to you- I'm sorry."

"You don't have to apologize, we all make mistakes in our lives and we're allowed to do so." She says. "But you were being an one time so I guess I could accept that apology for once."

The idol chuckles and shakes her head. "Yeah, I was an ."

"Still, thank you for this vacation. It really means a lot to me."

"I know."

"When I was married to you, I kinda let the public's eye get to me and I always looked validation of myself from other people, especially your fans. If they think I am good enough for you, then everything would be okay and they wouldn't hate you for marrying a woman like me so when the pregnancy news came out and they attacked me for it, it was kinda new and I didn't know what to do just for them to like me again." She hungs her head low. "I know I'm not suppose to let what they think of me validate my existence as a person but being an idol's wife is harder than I thought it would be or maybe it's just the pregnant hormones." She laughs, attempting to lighten up the mood.

"Then you do understand why I brought you here right?" She looks at her. "Other than the fact that you were starting to feel homesick again, I want you to realize that the only validation that you'll ever need is from the people who have known you since day one and the people who saw your struggle. If you got their approval then you wouldn't need anyone else's, remember that."

"Thank you." She smiles and looks back at her. "I know that now."


"Look who's finally here!" Yuri rolls her eyes as she takes the empty seat. "Well, well, well I never took your for being a ninja but apparently that's one of your skills now."

"When you said you wanted to protect Jessica, did also meant creating a short video blog about your San Francisco trip?"

"Whatever you guys."

"Oh, oh, how was it?"

"How was what?"

"You riding a horse like a little girl."

"Pfft- HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Yuri rolls her eyes at her teasing bandmates. "Alright, alright- jokes aside." Hyoyeon wipes her tears of laughter out. "Tell us everything about your mini San Fo trip."

"Didn't you guys watch the video?"

"Obviously we were asking about the clips that weren't included in the video."

"No."

"Ah yah, you're no fun."

"Who says I'm the comedian here?"

"See she's being a sarcastic again."

"Just tell us."

"No and that's final."

"Oppa tell us juseyo~" Yuri gives Sooyoung a (I)what-the- look as she continues her cute acting. "Please oppa?"

"Don't call me oppa it gives me ing goosebumps!" She pushes Sooyoung and creates short distance between them. "Stop doing that horrible thing and I'll tell you."

"Yes!"

"I'll tell you but there must be ABSOLUTELY NO INTERUPTIONS, NO FIDGETING OR WHATSOEVER DISTRACTING or the story telling does stop."

"Deal!"

She sighs. "Fine, where do you want me to start?"

"The moment you realize you want to take her home."

 

It's been over three days ever since the Yulsic Royal Couple has returned from their short second honeymoon but still everything felt so fresh to her. She remembered the time where she just spontaneously thought of bringing Jessica back home to know her roots. She started narrating the first dinner with her family down to the beautiful horse trail, to helping Mr. Jung with the needed things to do within the place while Jessica and her mom bond over grocery shopping and the small kayaking they did on the beach when it was calm then to the dinner with all the staffs and personnel the family had who welcomed her very warmly.

The next morning she shared how Jessica toured her around the local wet market with the brunette completely showing her off as her wife. She mentally remembers how many times she scolded herself to stop grinning so wide or for her heart to slow down a little for the fear of Jessica being able to heart the fast and loud thumping of her heart against her rib cage. She also remembers blushing from time to time but she wasn't gonna tell that to them. She's had enough teasing for now and those memories are exclusive for her and Jessica only.

 

"Hello Mrs. P."

"Jessica is that you?" An old woman squints her eyes as she approaches her. "Jessica Jung?"

"Yes it is me."

"Oh my gosh!" She hugs the petitie. "It is you! Oh my, how have you been?"

"I've been well." She smiles. "By the way this is my wife- Yuri Kwon."

"Wow, you sure have an expensive taste!" The woman chuckles. "You do know you're one lucky girl to have a Jessica Jung as your wife right?"

"Mrs. P, if there's someone who hitted a jackpot here we both know it's me. I mean- just look at her."

Yuri coughs, feeling surprised at the brunette's sudden bluntness. "Look at her being all shy and cute!"

"A-a-ah well..."

"She's just normally shy around the people she just met." She smiles. "But she is pretty cute isn't she?"

 

 

"YAH!" Sooyoung breaks her reverie. "Focus! Do your daydreaming later we need to hear the details!"

"Interrupt me one more time and it's totally off."

"Duh you were the one who left us out all of a sudden."

Yuri rolls her eyes again. "AS I WAS SAYING..."

 

She continues her narration to having a few close family friends and relatives over by the ranch to have a barbeque dinner where Yuri socialized with majority of Jessica's relatives, Jessica's childhood friends and even got super jealous of Joon-young because he was specifically being so close to Jessica but later on she finds out that Joon was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter