SIDE A | Track 24

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

 

"W-what?" Jessica blinks her eyes as she tries to absorb the news. "What do you mean Yuri's gone did she-"

"Oh!" Taeyeon realized how her statement was vague and starts to shake her hands. "No, no, not that kind of gone, heavens no."

The brunette somehow heaves out a sigh of relief. "So what do you mean by her being 'gone'?"

"The thing is she has been MIA for days." She states. "No calls, no texts, not even a heads-up to where she is leaving."

"Nothing?"

All three of them nods their heads in unison. "Nothing."

"So you don't have any lead?"

"It's kind of hard after she left everything she had back at home." Hyoyeon confesses.

Hearing that made Jessica's knees weaken and she slumps herself back on the couch. "Oh dear..."

"But don't worry, we'll do everything that we can to find her okay? She can't be that far yet. Maybe she was just trying to get a little breather."

Jessica's brain was trying to agree with what they were saying but all the pieces of evidence presented in front of her were telling a different story. "Please help me find her." She kept her tears in, trying to be strong in front of her friends. "We have to find her."

Taeyeon sits beside her and holds onto her hand. "Don't worry Jessica, I'll do everything I can to find her."

"Thank you." She forcefully smiles, but she wondered how are they going to find her wife without any lead.

 

"Hey mom, hey dad."

"I've been good, yeah... no no I'm really fine. I'm staying over at Tiffany's."

"Still the same, I couldn't help because apparently, I am still on house arrest. Yeah, Taeyeon wouldn't let me."

"Well, it's still the same... Yuri is still nowhere to be found."

 

Jessica sighs as she updates her parents about the current happenings in Seoul as the search for her missing wife continues. It has been two weeks and Jessica hasn't seen the daylight of the case as they still don't have a single lead up until now. She tries to be a very understanding person and try to listen to Taeyeon's advice to sit out and wait for them to sort things out but with each passing day with no single progress brings her on the edge of her emotions.

 

"Of course dad I try to understand." She stands up and started walking around her room again. "Yeah I know, Taeyeon's advice made some sense but you can't really blame me can you?"

"I know, I know... I should be more patient. Yes, I perfectly understand."

A sudden knock on the door cuts off their conversation. "Hey, dad I need to call this off. This might be the news I'm waiting for okay? I love you."

She rushes towards her door, hoping that it would bring the news she wanted to hear for so long. "Hey, Jes."

"Hey, Tiff."

"I made some afternoon tea. Want to join me?"

 

Though she has this disappointed look on her face, she decides to be polite and accepts her best friend's offer for some afternoon tea. After all, she needed something to calm her thoughts down and some afternoon tea with some biscuits and a chat with Tiffany Hwang just might do the trick.

 

"Jes, you have to be patient."

"And I am being patient you know that." She says. "I have been so patient that I am starting to think that this isn't healthy for me."

"But there's nothing else you can do besides being patient."

"I can go look for her right now if I want."

"Jes." Tiffany's tone change as she places her cup down. "Whatever it is that you are thinking, the answer will be no."

"But Tiff-"

"No."

"Just- just hear me out first okay?" She begs to negotiate. "I can totally help with this on-going search for her. Unlike Taeyeon and her paid goons, I can look for places where she doesn't even know. Places that Yuri brought me and places that I only know of and there's a slight possibility that she might be there."

"Well, why don't you tell Taeyeon that and she could tell her assigned people to go and do a search over the areas?"

"But that could jeopardize the entire plan! What if Yuri knows that Taeyeon's on the search for her, I mean if I went there myself and she might see me... She'll be surprised and she will approach her." Tiffany wasn't really buying the bait. "Think of me as an extension- one of Taeyeon's tentacles and Taeyeon will be like the mother octopus or something."

"Mother octopus? Really?" Her best friend scoffs.

"But Tiff, if you just let me out I can really really find Yuri only if you'd let me."

"Okay, now it's my turn to speak and you need to listen to me okay?" Jessica subtly agrees with Tiffany's statement. "Jes I know this isn't the progress that you have been hoping for and even though Taeyeon messed up she's still good at strategizing things as the public hasn't suspected a thing yet and it's her game plan that I trust. The last thing I want to do is to add stress on her part."

"You sound like you have a little crush on her."

Tiffany rolls her eyes and ignores Jessica's question. "The point is, I will abide in her rules. If she said there's no going out for you then that means no going out for you. Are we clear?"

 

Jessica doesn't say anything else towards the latter and she took this as a sign of giving up on her argument and both of them continued to talk about something else, just to keep the brunette's mind off of the main dilemma she's facing right now. But what she doesn't know is that Jessica's skull is made out of platinum and it'll take more than an afternoon tea and a little pep talk to try and convince her to change her mind. She was done following Taeyeon's rules, and that is why Jessica calls the chicken restaurant and ordered a bunch of food, placing it on Tiffany's name.

By the time the delivery calls over the main building's phone- Tiffany was confused so she rushes to the main door where she tries to argue with the man. While she's at it, Jessica was already slipping in her comfortable shoes and looks at the small note with the amount of cash her best friend would need for the payment before dashing towards the building's fire exit which no one really uses at this age. 

Exiting the back of their establishment Jessica wastes no time in rushing towards the nearest bus stop and hops onto one and didn't mind the direction where she was going. She looked around to see if anyone inside the public transportation was looking at her way and to her relief, none even spared her a glance. Fixing her cap and mask, she looks out to the winder where for the first time in a long time, she meets Seoul's lively life during the night where the different neon signs flashed on different streets, food stalls and street performers were bustling around in different neighborhoods. Suddenly it starts to rain and Jessica immediately remembers one specific memory where she finds everything in her surrounding so nostalgic.


 

"Hani's missing."

She widens her eyes. "Hani's what?" She just couldn't believe it. "SHE'S WHAT?!"

"She's-"

"Goddamnit Jessica! How could you let her out of your sight!?"

"I'm sorry! I was so busy today that I might've forgotten to close the door because of the dinner-"

"No! That's just inexcusable! You're so stupid! How could you do something like this!"

"I'm sorry Yuri I didn't mean to-"

"Save your sorry. Don't you dare come home without Hani and I don't care what happens to you or whatever method you will use right now but you're not allowed to step foot inside of this house. Bring my dog back Jessica- it's more valuable than your life."

 

 

The sound of her phone buzzing causes her to snap out of it and realizes that she was no longer in a familiar place and so she decides to hop off. Looking at the landmarks placed up on the street signs above her. She widens her eyes in surprise that she was on the red light district where a different kind of nightlife happens. She lost awareness of her surroundings causing her to collide to a slightly drunken businessman.

The collision was quite strong so it threw the both of them off and along with their bodies was Jessica's cap and face mask. Groaning at the sudden impact, she was ready to snap at the man and tell him to watch where he is going when she realizes that the man was already looking at her wide eyes. She would've wanted to ask why, but then her eyes landed on the bottom left of her current stand where her disguise items were found.

Realizing that her cover was already blown, she backs away a few steps but the man in front of him was quick in following her movement which made her really scared since no one else is around. When he starts to approach her with determination in his eyes, she immediately turns around, hoping to make a run for it but unfortunately finds herself colliding with another human body.


"Hey man, what are you doing? You're scaring my girlfriend."

"You're the girlfriend? Jessica Jung is your girlfriend?!"

"What?"

"I know her, she's Kwon Yuri's ex-wife."

"No, she's not Jessica or whoever you were just talking about. Her name's Sooyeon and you're scaring the crap out of her right now."

"But I saw it with my own eyes, I know that's Jessica-"

"Look, man, I don't know what kind of weird you're on right now but seriously? You're freaking my girlfriend out and I am this close to breaking your face. I don't care what you're thinking go fool someone else with your assumption. The last thing I want for her to see is beating the out of someone so scram while I still have some patience left."

 

It took a while but Jessica could already hear footsteps fading away. Sighing in relief, she pulls away, head's still down due to the embarrassment that she had brought to the man. The words 'thank you' were already ready to leave her lips but seeing the man in front of him made her loss her words.


"Tyler?"

"Hey J." He smiles at her. "Want to go and grab some ice cream?"


 

"Here you go, double scoops of strawberry ice cream."

"... thanks."

"So- tell me," He takes a good amount of the dessert before continuing with what he was saying. "Is everything okay?"

 

After that encounter, Tyler thought that Jessica might still be shaken up with the recent incident so he drives them away from the place and now they settle at one of the parking lots of Han river enjoying his small treat of ice cream. Jessica was still a loss for words and kept thinking about the other possibilities of what could've happened if Tyler wasn't the one she bumped into.

Looking back at the view, she couldn't help but bring back one of the memories she had with Yuri here, especially the one they shared right underneath one of the feet of Han Bridge.


 

"Jessica? If you give me a chance and forget everything I've said- I would really like to be a parent to our  kid."

"Y-you will? B-but I thought-"

"Don't worry, we'll figure things out one by one. But I assure you, I'm not going to drag you into the spotlight. It's what's best for you and the baby okay?"

 

The two once again locked eyes with one another. While Yuri felt nervous on Jessica's gaze, the blonde-haired beauty was an entire mess internally. She has probably slapped herself so many times all because of this stupid beating of her heart. suddenly feels the and the need for some hydration escalated pretty quick. She suddenly blames her situation of being pregnant added to the fact that they were in such a serene and wonderful or even the simplest fact that she was locking eyes with her crush- who is now the other mother of her future baby made her tear up all of a sudden.

 

"What's wrong? Did I say something bad again? I know I can get a bit ty and awkward-"

"It's alright, maybe it's just the hormones."

"You're ruining your make-up. Let me do that for you."


Yuri just leans in right away and uses a tissue paper to wipe Jessica's tears in a very soft and gentlewoman-like manner, careful enough not to smudge any make-up Jessica has. While she was too invested in her action, she was completely unaware of the fact that the blonde girl's heart was beating so fast and her cheeks are covered in a hue of pink due to the sudden closeness of their bodies. The idol pulls away only for her to furrow her eyebrows once again.

 

"Is there something wrong with my face again?"

"Did you had your blush-on earlier? I didn't notice earlier, maybe I smudged your blush-on a bit hold on let me-"

"Yes! B-b-but it's probably gone by now."

"I have bad eyesight."

"It's alright."

"Okay. Now, how about we head back? I know a restaurant near your place and then we could you and the baby a proper meal okay?"

"Okay."

 

 

"Hello? Earth to J!"

"Huh?" She looks at him and noticed that he was looking at her in a weird way. "Sorry, what did you say again?"

He smiles warmly at the brunette. "I was just curious why did you return here all of a sudden."

"It's a long story."

"I'm sure I have lots of time for that." He replies. "But I am pretty sure this has something to do with Yuri right?"

"H-how did you know?"

"Did you come to win your ex-wife back?"

"Wait for a second, how did you know that she's my ex-wife?"

"It was all over the news."

"The moment that it was granted?"

"Yeah, almost everyone was on ."

"But I thought that this country jumps from one gossip to another like some kind of cake testing taste."

"Well, apparently you're wrong. If this is a cake tasting test, Yuri is the flavor of the month or in her case- flavor or the year."

"Does this mean the media is still on her?"

He immediately nods. "If it weren't for her parents being influential people in the media industry, her career would've been in the drainage with the amount of controversy, she got attached to her name."

"Wow, I never thought that they would still be onto her I mean- I thought she was just old news."

"Not Kwon Yuri though." He says. "I don't think that the media or the people will ever be tired of her really, she's that famous you know... maybe that's why she decided to take a break again."

"Take a break?"

"Oh I'm sorry, you probably didn't know it yet but yeah... Kwon Yuri decides to take a short break again. Well, that's according to Taeyeon."

"And do you believe that she's just taking a break?"

"Why? Is she not taking a break?"

Jessica sighs. "No, she just disappeared all of a sudden though."

Tyler stops midway on eating his ice cream. "What? Yuri's missing? Since when?"

"Don't tell this to anybody." She says. "But she disappeared after Sooyoung and Sunny's engagement."

"Heol, she's been missing for that long already?" Jessica nods. "And you guys don't have any lead whatsoever?"

"Not yet I mean, Taeyeon's trying though."

"Is that why you went out tonight? To try and help to look for her?"

"Yeah... but if it wasn't for you, I'd probably regret everything." She says. "What were you doing there anyway?"

"I was in a business meeting. Don't ask any more questions even I was surprised when I checked the place out."

Jessica decides not to say anything else and lets the silence hug their conversation for a while. "Did she really go through it?"

"Go through that?"

"Go through every hate, every hit, and every insult."

"Oh... that." He answers before looking away. "I don't know about you but I do have a friend in the editorial industry. She tells me that they make big bucks with all this news surrounding the heartless heartbreaker. Editors and journalists were already paying a huge amount of money from sasaengs and other insiders just so they could add more fuel to the fire."

"And despite all of the scoops, she remained silent and decides to not to say a thing?"

"Even if she said anything Jes, in the public's eyes- Yuri's the one to blame and as long as the media gives Yuri the 'bad guy' card they will always blame her for being the killer-"

"No! Yuri is not the killer!" She cuts the latter off. "She never wanted this to happen!"

"Jessica I know you're frustrated but-"

"I am more than frustrated! I am livid!" She says as she stands up and starts to walk back and forth in front of her friend. "How can they blame her and just believe what the media portr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter