SIDE A | Track 1

Mix Tape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SIDE A: ACCIDENTALLY YOURS

 

"Hello Osaka!"

"WHOOO!!!"

"Are y'all sad it's the end?!"

"YEEEEEESS!"

"Well you all know we can't say good bye to you just yet right!"

"NEEE!!"

"So! Please Osaka, remember this night! Remember this for the rest of your lives! Don't Forget!"

 

Did you forget
That I was even alive
Did you forget
Everything we ever had
Did you forget
Did you forget
'Bout me

 

Thousands of people starts to sing along and waving along with their sky blue colored light sticks while jumping up and down some were even screaming- crying their hearts out due to the sadness of the lyrics. A lady with a short blonde hair bobbed her hair back and forth as she slams her sticks onto the drums, giving powerful and head-banging beats. One tall girl stands on the right corner of their stage, in bob cut brunette style moving around the stage, stealing all the hearts of their fans as she sways around with her bass. Last but definitely not the least, their lead vocal and guitar player rocker that shoulder length jet black hair as her vocals hype up the entire stadium with the softness of her voice making the entire audience feel her pain.

 

"Somewhere we went wrong..." She offers her mic to the crowd. "Come on you guys sing it for me!"

"We were once so strong!"

"Sing it louder now!"

"Our love is like a song."

"I can't hear you!"

"BUT YOU WON'T SING ALONG!"

"One more time!"

"You can't forget it, at all!"


Together as one, they sang the few lines together before the song ends with a head banging slam, lots of fireworks involve and confettis shooting from every corner of the place.


"Before this night ends, we want to say thank you to you guys one more time from the bottom of our hearts!" The bass player gave them flying kisses.

"Once again, my main beat girl- Kim Hyoyeon on the drums!"

"Second voice and on the bass- Choi Sooyoung!"

"On the guitar and vocal- Kwon Yuri!"

"And we're S.H.Y.!"

"Good night Osaka! You guys are amazing! We love you!"


Their fans cheer them on and on and the band waved and gave them all the love they could possibly show until the lights slowly dim until they disappear from the stage. A few backstage photo-ops and giving thanks to the staffs that helped them to make this concert into a success but that was just Sooyoung and Hyoyeon because Yuri was practically forcing her smiles to the staffs and briskfully passes them by heading down to their van.

Kwon Yuri, the dashing 25-year old beauty heartthrob of the band is more than a head turner. She was born not just on a silver spoon but on a platinum spoon and was living the life of anyone can dream of. Having both of her parents in the media industry, her father owning a networking company and her mom being the Vice President of a news distributor on the country. Most of all, her parents were not the busy and workaholic ones like the one you'd hear from your fellow rich- friends whose parents were never around or on a tabloid. No, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon are not like that, in fact the complete opposite.

Moreover, she's also part of the government project called Gabriel where female Korean babies were given the opportunity to produce off-spring with her fellow woman using a very specific position. This was to be able to produce female babies to justify the incredible loss of their female population due to the civil war against North Korea and to the rising rate of infertile men. She, along with other previledged individuals like her bandmates were few of the families that were selected to participate to be the pioneer individuals which was a complete success.

 

"Guys, don't leave yet. Taeyeon wants to meet us at the hotel's restaurant."

"Too bad for Tae, you're the one I want."

"Too bad for you too Sooyoung, you're not my type. Now let's go."

"Ba dum tsss." Hyoyeon chuckles. "Still trying to get in her pants Soo?"

"I'm aiming for a perfect attendance."

 

Yuri once again ignores the two and walks silently together with their head manager, Lee Sunkyu or more like to be called as Sunny who thinks being called like that would  take a few years off of her age which was good for her. She has been with the band before they even debuted since they knew all one another way back but has been with them professionally for three years now. Yuri knows the person beside her like the back of her hand so even when all she did was a light tap on her shoulder, Sunny gives a timid smile in return as if Yuri said something encouraging.

 

"Yow Taeyeon!"

"Hello you guys, come sit down I ordered a drink for you all." She says as she welcomes all of them. "What's up?"

Sooyoung sighs and looks at her. "You tell us what's up miss CEO."

 

Taeyeon smiles at her drummer cousin and motions for them to sit on the chairs. Kim Taeyeon, the owner of PaperTown Entertainment, the most sought after recording label in their country who basically promotes S.H.Y. and other artists falling into different genres. While other company owners prefer to remain fully professional with their artists to promote respect and professionalism, Taeyeon suggests otherwise. She would mingle around her artists, get to know their full story and even be their friend but still having that employer-employee relationship and S.H.Y. was no different to them.

Since all of them were practically on the same age and S.H.Y. being the first ever artist Taeyeon promoted after she took over her father's position in the company, you could at least say there's is a little difference in treatment from the others and in addition to their similarities- Taeyeon was also one of the girls who were selected to participate in the Project Gabriel.

 

"So cousin, what do you want to tell us?"

"I just want to congratulate you guys for a wonderful ending for you Broken Hearts Club Asia Tour."

"Whooooo!" Sooyoung and Hyoyeon animatedly clapped.

"Is there some kind of good news CEO?"

"Of course." She chuckles. "You will have a three day rest and then it's back to work." She energetically says. "Sunny? Kindly enlighten them of their schedules?"  The small heighted girl nods her head while pulling out her tab. "You'll be having a photoshoot with Carnival Daily, an interview with Boyfriend Chronicle-"

"Wait hold up. Boyfriend Chronicle?" Sooyoung asks and then points to herself and her bandmates. "Boyfriend?"

"They probably know you were under the project Gabriel so..." She shrugs.

"But I just want to be with yours Sunny." She picks-up smugly making Taeyeon and Hyoyeon roll their eyes.

"Soo, I swear to God if I hear that one more time-"

"Why?" She turns her attention back to Sunny. "Isn't it affecting you?"

"Not even one bit."

"Pfffft.." The tallest member shots the shortest one a glare. "My bad man."

"Moving on, Yuri will probably do a guitar CF under Studio Ninety and interview with Living Weekly Magazine and probably be stuck with family schedules your mother will send me tomorrow. Sooyoung on the other hand would have an audition screening for another possible movie, drama and Estate gear would like to have you to be their promoter for the entire Summer season, lastly Hyoyeon would be participating and DJ'ing with other DJ's in the ASIA Tour of Beats." Sunny ends. "That's just for the first month but expect more offers will come soon so you guys will probably be booked for five to six months straight of both group and individual activities."

"Okay, first- wow." Hyoyeon says as she straightens up from her seat. "Second, ASIA Tour of Beats? Awesome man. I can't believe to be a part of their line up but- three?" She looks at Taeyeon. "Don't you think we deserve more than three days before sending us out in the battlefield?"

"You know what they say cous, strike while the iron is hot."

"Maybe a week cousin?" She asks cutely. "Please?"

She smiles at the aegyo. "Four days, take it or leave it." She ends, returning to her CEO mode.

"But-"

"We'll take it." Yuri finally butts in after an eternity.

"Are you really serious right now Yul? It's four days. FOUR DAYS."

Yuri stares at her bandmate blankly. "I'm not deaf."

"Come on Yul, four days of vacation is not enough for me too woo Sunny." Sooyoung whispers on her left ear. "Please bud, give me a little hope my crush will notice me."

Yuri rolls her eyes this time. "We both know it's never gonna happen Sooyoung wake-up."

"But what about me Yul? I have a fiancé waiting for me back home. I already promised we'd spend a short vacation."

"You can do that within four days Hyo, and don't blame me for a promise you can't keep."

"Oh so now you're expecting us to be like you just because you don't have someone who's expecting for you to come home?"

"Stop Hyo-"

"Why? Did I hit a sore spot Yuri? Does your mind drift back to what happened three years ago?"

"Are you really gonna use that line to me Kim Hyoyeon?" Yuri glares at her. "ing pathetic don't you think so?"

 

Yuri stands up from her seat creating a loud echoing screech in the silent restaurant. She leaves the vicinity and ignores all of their calling before making her way towards the fire exit where the cold breeze of Osaka welcomed her. She walks back and forth along the deserted alley trying her best to calm down and not just think of it but her mind automatically drifts back to that memory, from three years ago.

 


"Miss Yuri, she has arrived."

"Really? Okay, okay. Well you guys head back now. You know what to do right?"

 

The staffs nod their heads and goes back to the kitchen. While waiting for her guest to arrive, 22-year old Kwon Yuri scans the decoration found in the room checking for some last minute changes before being fully confident with the place. Smiling to herself, she hears the door open and the smile on her face got wider seeing the latter's surprised expression as her eyes wander around the place. She welcomes her with a quick peck on the cheek and a bouquet of roses.

 

"Yuri, did I miss something?"

"You didn't."

"Then why do I feel like I have?"

Yuri chuckles as she escorts her girlfriend to her seat. "I take it that you're really surprised."

"Of course, I thought this was just going to be a simple dinner between us but thank you babe. Although seeing you after my hectic schedule is already enough."

"Well don't be too surprise, you need to save it for later."

The latter connects her eyebrows in confusion. "What is it?"

"I'll tell you after dinner."
 


"So." Her girlfriend starts their conversation after their delicious meal. "I think it's time we talk about that surprise right?"

Yuri smiles. "That eager huh."

"Ahhhh~ just tell me already." She cutely whines.

"You and I have been together for 4 long years. We've seen each other in our best moments and been there for one another through the milestones of our careers continuously having each others' back through almost everything. Now that I am about to debut as a musician, I couldn't be more happy to have you hear with me."

"Aweee babe, that's so sweet." She says as she gushes as her lover's sweet words.

"I know I'm gonna be busy, probably we won't see each other for weeks or even months as I tour around the country and even the world while I create a name for myself. You're going to do the same obviously which you're starting right now. So tonight, I wanna give you a kind of assurance that I'll be here with you all along and that my love for you will never falter." She releases a loud exhale while holding onto the other's hand. "The assurance that I am about to give to you is something physical. Something that would remind you of my promise tonight whenever you would look at it. You'll be reminded of me, of us and of our future together."

"Yuri..." She says softly while she lets out a gasp.

"Juran, will you marry me?" She says as she shows off a beautiful diamond ring.

"Oh Yuri..." She removes her hands from . "Are you really proposing to me?"

"Yeah..." She chuckles. "I think I am."

"Oh dear..." Yuri's chuckle fades away as she sees Juran who is not as happy as hers.

"Why? Is there something wrong if I propose to you right now?"

"Why?" She says back. "Why now Yul?"

"Because I- I just feel like it. I just feel like we're ready to take this onto the next step."

"You have to think about this Yuri. You have to think about this very carefully." Juran repeats, as if she was a senior giving an advice. "You're about to start your career and that means fans would want you to be single and care-free not some rookie idol who's about to get married. Who would want that?"

"Is there something-"

"Why do you think that whenever idols would have a dating scandal, it would be more scandalous than the President having an affair with a woman in his administration? That even though idols like you're about to be are humans like them some fans can't treat them like one? Because when they stand someone, they would do everything- EVERYTHING to keep their idols all for themselves. Fans is what keeps your career and your company's bank alive and your agency would do whatever it takes too just so they could survive in this industry. Do you understand that?"

"Is that why you've kept our relationship hidden despite of years being together? Because you don't want to lose your fans?"

"I also did that for you Yuri, don't put this all on me." She argues. "You're not even an official idol yet you already have five fansites solely to you."

"It's not like we're getting married next month Juran, we could-"

"What? Postpone the marriage for a year? Two years? Yuri when that time comes, your career would've sky-rocketed through the roof and getting married would be the last thing that will come to your mind." She says. "And it's not just you Yuri, my career is also at stake here. Getting married is also saying that we're gonna have a family so it also means I'm gonna get pregnant-"

"So you're saying you are not ready to get married now?"

Juran looks away while biting her lip. "I'm saying I don't know when will I ever be ready."

Yuri eyes her for a while, a heavy feeling starts to crawl on her system. "So what's that suppose to mean?"

"You know what I'm trying to say to you Yul." She hangs her head low. "I don't think I'm ready for that."

"Because your career is more important that our relationship right?"

"Look, you might not understand me now-"

"Cut the crap Juran I get it now." She hisses, ignoring the hard invicible substance on . "You belong to the world now." And what hurt Yuri the most is when Juran just remained silent. " this , I'm out of here and we're done. We're breaking up."


Yuri closes her eyes as the memory slowly fades away from her vision. It has been two years already since that night but it still feels fresh like a wound that keeps on being re-opened after thinking that she had mend the wound well. She still remembers tearing their original copy and deleting their full guide track for their debut song because she couldn't actually sing a love song when her heart has been shattered.

She then re-groups her members, and being the leader of the group, she sat down with the management and gave out a suggestion that if they want their band to stand out, they would have to be specifically unique. Other than the fact that they are already an all-girl rock band, she thought that singing only broken hearted and break up songs would really make them popular. It wasn't a failed suggestion though because after Don't Forget was released, S.H.Y. became the talk of the century ever since.

Finally calming her senses down, she goes back inside and to the restaurant where surprisingly everyone was still there waiting for her. Taeyeon was the first individual to see her who immediately kicks Hyoyeon's thigh. The latter makes a pained facial reaction and was about to snap at her cousin when she notices Yuri's presence there.

 

 

"Yul." She speaks up. "Look man I'm-"

"I know you didn't mean any harm."

"Yeah. I didn't, I was just frustrated."

Yuri says nothing and goes back to her seat. "So, is there any group project we need to know after we take a one week rest?"

Taeyeon sighs, finally giving in to her artists' demands. "You're gonna start the charity concert tour at Seoul Beauty Academy."

 


"Okay, I guess that's much about it. Class dismissed."

 

The students gather up their notes and belongings as they slowly head out from the classroom. One girl in particular was walking down the campus' hallway. rocking her blonde hair and all-white themed outfit bobbing her head slightly with her earphones on. Suddenly she was hovered by two other individuals making her shriek in surprise which catch attention from their fellow schoolmates. She eyed them apologetically before subtly glaring at the two girls who were endlessly giggling.

 

"Um excuse me, but is this all that I get?"

"Yes."

"Seriously?" When she didn't receive any reply she stomps her way towards their table and slams her tray. "Ugh, I'm getting tired of all these green and nutritious ."

"Yah Goo Hara, stop whining and just eat it."

"Easy for you to say Irene Kim. You being a goat surely don't mind eating these for the rest of your life."

"Yah." The blonde girl says placing her chopsticks down. "Can you stop arguing, I can't eat because of you guys."

"Shut it and eat your meat."

"Yeah, shut it and eat your meat Jessica Jung."

 

She immediately rolls her eyes. Ignoring her friends' banter over who's more comfortable with eating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter