Roasted

By My Side: Bonus Material

- October 3, 2005 -

“All right, everyone!” Professor Flitwick said as he tapped his wand on the top of the podium. “Get out your textbooks and turn to page 29.”

Kibum pushed up the sleeves of his robe as Minho took The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 3 out of his backpack and found the right page. “Is it hot in here to you?” he whispered.

Minho snorted. “Yeah, it’s Charms. Flitwick likes being warm.”

“I know that already.” His sweaty hand stuck to the parchment as tried to take notes when Flitwick started to talk about the Mending Charm. Huffing, he raised his hand off the desk, the parchment coming with it, and glowered at Minho as he shook it off.

Minho pursed his lips to keep from smiling, even as he dabbed beads of sweat from his forehead. “Like, I’ll admit, it’s a little toasty i – “

“A…little toasty? We’re being roasted alive!”

Flitwick cleared his throat, quieting both Kibum and Minho for the moment, and continued with his lesson. Midway through, Kibum slipped off his robe and let it fall across the back of the bench. Beside him, Minho’s shoulders shook with silent laughter, even though a few moments later, his own robe joined his. 

When the bell rang to dismiss them, it was a race to get out of the sweltering classroom first. Unfortunately, Minho took a little longer to get their things back into his backpack, so they were at the back of the pack. Kibum groaned, fanning himself by pulling back and forth on the front of his uniform shirt and sweater.

“You didn’t have to wait for me.”

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

When they were finally free of the classroom, Kibum let out a huge sigh as they followed the rest of the third years to the History of Magic classroom. Minho stopped walking after a second, and Kibum turned around to see why. 

“Why are you taking off your robe?” 

The corner of his mouth twitched upward involuntarily as he approached Kibum and draped his robe around him. “You looked cold, so – “ Laughing, he ducked away from Kibum’s attempt to punch his arm, running down the hall to catch up with the others.