Angular

By My Side: Bonus Material

- October 16, 2005 -

A mist rolled out from the shadows in the Forbidden Forest and onto the shore of the Black Lake. The sun peaked out from the clouds, setting the surface of the lake aglitter. Kibum took a deep breath of the chilled fresh air, letting it out with a smile.

Way back in first year, he and Minho had agreed that they wouldn’t study -- unless it was for finals -- on Sundays, which meant they could do whatever they wanted. All day.

At the moment, Minho was searching the shoreline for the perfect skipping stone. He was about ten paces away from where Kibum was sitting, currently crouching by the water and inspecting each rock he pulled out. Kibum pulled the sleeves of his sweater over his hands and his polaroid, checking the film before he snapped a quick picture of Minho. 

He caught the picture, setting it on his lap as it started to develop, and turned the polaroid at an angle as he took another. Minho was standing now, holding the few “perfect” stones he found in his bandaged hand. He started to toss them, getting a couple of skips out of each of them. 

On his last toss, he accidentally stepped into the water, and Kibum captured exactly when he jumped out of the water and looked his way, laughing. He dropped that picture onto his lap with the others. Kibum grinned, lowering his camera and stuffing the pictures into his pocket as Minho made his way back to him.

“Find one?”

Minho shrugged, rubbing his red-tipped nose and sniffing. “I got four skips, didn’t you see?” 

Nodding, Kibum glanced down at his bandaged hand Minho squinted in a sort-of wince. “Ready to go inside?”

“Yeah. I need to change out of these shoes and socks.” He shook his dripping shoe, laughing when Kibum shied away from the flying droplets.

“I’ll let you borrow the wool socks Grandma made me. They’re really warm.” 

“Okay!” Minho offered him his good hand, helping Kibum get up, and they started back toward the castle.