Drooling

By My Side: Bonus Material

- October 6, 2005 -

"...and, even though the spell has long been forgotten in the time that has passed, the captured witches used what is now referred to as the Flame-freezing Charm. It made their escape possible, as they were able to apparate away from the fire -- or, that’s how it is believed that they were able to escape, no one knows for sure -- but even then they were forced to live in hiding, away from the natural world that we as magic folk had grown so accustomed to...”

Minho yawned, propping his chin on his hand as he continued to scribble notes on his and Kibum’s parchment. He was starting to run out of room, though, as Kibum had fallen asleep with his face and hand taking up over half of the parchment. Kibum smacked his lips before he let out a quiet snore, and Minho rolled his eyes, smiling as he looked back up at the ever-dull Professor Binns.

“...which is why we must keep our history, identities, and heritage a secret from any and all Muggles, because, as you’ve seen from this class, history is doomed to repeat itself if we don’t learn from it.”

Kibum’s thumb twitched, Minho glancing down at the slight movement. Dipping his quill in the inkwell, he sketched a tiny star on the back of his hand. He kept checking to see if Kibum had woken up yet or not.

He hadn't. 

So, Minho drew another star, and then another, creating a tiny constellation on the back of Kibum’s hand. Binns cleared his throat, and Minho stopped drawing to go back to his note-taking. Except...he really needed the space on the parchment.

Minho set the quill aside and pushed Kibum’s head aside as gently as he could manage, cracking up as he did. Apparently, Kibum was drooling. Rhesa glanced back at him, and when he shook his head she went back to her reading. He took the sleeve of Kibum’s robe and wiped the puddle off of the parchment before sliding his hand away as well.

It didn’t take long for Kibum to wake up -- probably because of the cool wood of the desk beneath his face. He sat up slowly, his eyes bleary and somewhat confused as he looked around the classroom. After a second, he wiped the corner of his mouth and looked down at his hand.

“Was I...drooling?”

“A little bit, yeah.” Kibum’s entire face flushed and he avoided Minho’s gaze as he sat back in his seat. “It’s okay. Everyone does it.”

Kibum nodded, the tips of his ears still a little red. “Did I miss anything interesting?” he asked as he pulled Minho’s notes toward him on the bench.

He paused, holding out his hand to inspect the constellation doodle that Minho had drawn for just a second, and smiled as he started to read while Minho went back to listening to Binns voice as he droned on...and on...and on.