Sssssssssss

Are you human?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authorim’s pov

In dark office room of Under the sea company, which it stated “President”, someone is on a call.

A sassy voice begging, “할머니 (Grandma), please give me more time. I have already transferred more the 50% to you, right?”

On the other side of the line is too noisy to be heard, the voice is muffed.

“Please believe me!” The lady with straight black hair wearing a long yellow dress imploring.

“NOOOO!!!, please don’t tell her that it is our clan who killed her sailor father! I will really help you to get what you want. Please don’t tell her…”

“Yes, I know you have a singing contest with our enemy’s clan and need that beautiful voice. I know.”

The line hangs up and the woman breaks down to cry on her table. Her makeup is ruined totally but she does not care.

--

Byul’s pov

I wonder if Joy did anything yesterday.

The cooling algorithm is on? Is it faulty? I thought it can only be on when there is emergency?

Well there is no way to ask her anyway.

I stretch lazily, did my morning routine and head out of room to start my day.

“Hey, good morning Tiger!” I tried to sound as sweet as possible.

Tiger has a shock expression on her face. Her round brown orb doubles in size and opens so big that I think could fit a baby elephant.

What is happening to her?

I greets Mum Tiza and Mum Linza who are already at the dining table having breakfast.

“Are you alright? The cooling algorithm is triggered last night.” Mum Linza asks with concern all over her face. 

“I’m fine. I think it must be Joy who triggered it. Please help me ask her if you see her. I have already left her a note in front of mirror at our bedroom.” I wanted to see if she is ok but I can’t. We are twins, so close that we breathe the same air but we cannot meet one another. We know about one another through the so called telepathic energy.

“Have you check thoroughly?” Mum Tiza questions while checking on me from top to bottom.

“You wanna see my body?” I sniggers playfully and lifting my shirt a little.

“Aigoo~ Stop playing around Byul. You are becoming cheesy like Joy.” Mum Linza hits me lightly on my forehead.

“What is wrong to be like Joy? I like her. I don’t mind to be her. She is nice, funny and crazy. All people like her. But I just don’t understand why she does not like to meet me?” I ask a rhetorical question.

“We love you too. Stop thinking of being like Joy. You are you. You are perfectly you. No one can be like you. You are type you.” Mum Linza scoops down and hugs me tightly like a mother giving her child assurance.

“Yah, your Mum Linza is right. We love you. You are uniquely you, you don’t need to be like someone else. As for the activation of cooling algorithm, we will check with Joy. If you feel unwell, update us. Cos you know of twin syndrome, when one of you is sick the other will feel similar way as well. “ Mum Tiza utters as plainly as she could but I could still feel the warmth in it.

I nods and smiles back to her.

“You should be heading off for work, Byul.” Mum Tiza reminds me and signals me to see the clock.

“Oh yes. Goodbye Mum Tiza and Mum Linza!” I swallow the last piece of muffin and head out of home.

 

Tiza’s pov

“Linza, don’t worry. They are fine. Byul looks well. I will check the monitoring system again.” I comforts Linza as she looks like she is in her own thinking world.

“Do you think it is a coincidence? Yesterday is full moon, well red full moon to be exact and the night when Joy and Byul are awakened was also a red full moon night? Hmm…” Linza mutters out her thoughts.

“Ya, I recalled. It is Joy who woke up first and then out shortly. Then followed by Byul who rose from her sleep. ” I cup my chin, recollecting the surprising incident.

“Ya, of course you will know because you have recorded it down and that incident made you won the Nobel prize under scientific advances.”  Linza pats my shoulders and gives enc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter