Chapter 2 - His First Day

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, because your cousin here is incredibly handsome and hot…I’ll make an exception. You are now a student of our academy, Mr. Im.” Jaebum flashed his eyesmile and nodded.

“Thank you, Ms. Hwang.”

“My pleasure, dear. And may I ask, do you play any sports?” Jaebum thought for a second before shaking his head.

“I’m more of a musician type of person, ma’am. But I could give it a try, if you want?”

“Yes, you should. You’ll look good in a jersey.”

“Thank you.” Jaebum heard Nayeon let out a sigh before faking a smile to the dean.

“If things are done here, Ms. Hwang, can we take our leave now? We still have classes to get to.” the dean didn’t answered immediately as she was starting at Jaebum. “Ms. Hwang?”

“O-Oh, oh. Yeah, yes. You two can leave now. Have a nice day, Mr. Im.”

“You too, Ms. Hwang.” Jaebum smiled again before letting himself get pulled by Nayeon out of the dean’s office. Once they were outside, she scowled at him.

“What the hell, Dahyun? Stop flirting with our dean.”

“I wasn’t, I was being myself.” Jaebum defended, raising his hands in surrender.

“Fine, fine. Just…no flirting to other girls, okay? It’s weird to see, especially that I know it’s you. And I don’t want Chaeyoung getting the wrong idea about you.”

“Right, you’re right. I’m sorry. Let’s get to class.” Nayeon nodded her head and the two of them made their way to Jaebum’s first class, which is really his first class as Dahyun, which means Chaeyoung was also present in the class and the rest of his class.

“I’ll see you later, okay? Behave around Chaeyoung, make sure to introduce yourself as my cousin so she won’t be a total stranger.” Jaebum nodded and entered the classroom.

Few of his classmates were already there, including Chaeyoung, so he made her way towards the girl and stood besides her. Chaeyoung looked up at him with a confused face.

“Can I help you?”

“Yeah, hi. Uhh, are you Son Chaeyoung?” the girl nodded. “I’m Im Nayeon’s cousin and I’m a new student here, my name’s Im Jaebum. And I was hoping you’ll help me around.”

“Oh…can I see your schedule?” Jaebum handed his schedule to Chaeyoung and the girl read it before nodding. “Yeah, I’ll help you around. But not today, okay? I already have plans.”

“Oh, sure. Anytime you’re free.” Chaeyoung smiled at him and he was about to sit besides her when he stopped him. He looked at her confusedly, this time.

“That seat is taken. You can sit here on the other side.” Jaebum nodded his head with a smile. He was smiling because Chaeyoung protected his usual seat when he was Dahyun.

The rest of his classes pass by in a blur, now that he can’t talk familiarly with Chaeyoung.

“I’ll take you to the cafeteria.” Chaeyoung offered but she wasn’t looking at him, she was boring holes in her phone with a burrowed eyebrow and a worried/concerned expression.

“What’s wrong?”

“Uhh, it’s nothing. It’s just that my, uhhm, bestfriend. We made plans to spend the whole day together but she isn’t here right now and hadn’t even texted me.” Jaebum felt guilty. He ignored Chaeyoung’s text last night and hadn’t even updated the girl today.

“Maybe she’s…just busy. Probably with some occasions or something involving herself.”

“Right…It was her birthday yesterday, maybe she went to visit her parents in Seongnam.” Chaeyoung assured herself before standing up from her seat and smiled. “Let’s go?”

“Yeah, come on.”

They headed to the cafeteria and Chaeyoung was telling Jaebum the rooms they were passing by, even though Jaebum already knew about those. They arrived at the cafeteria and instead of heading to Taehyung, Chaeyoung stayed with Jaebum.

“Aren’t you going to sit with your boyfriend?” the words came out of his mouth before he could stop himself, and it earned a weird look from Chaeyoung.

“How do you know I have a boyfriend?”

“Uhh…well, a pretty girl like you couldn’t be single. So, I assumed. Don’t you have any?” Chaeyoung looked at her unconvinced but nodded, nevertheless.

“Yeah, I do. But I’m not sitting with him today, I told my bestfriend that today is just the two of us without Taehyung. Even if she’s not here, I still made a promise of no Taehyung.”

Jaebum just smiled at her and nodded. They made their way to the food station and grabbed a tray to put their foods in. After getting their foods, Chaeyoung stopped to look at Jaebum’s tray. He mentally slapped himself for getting the exact food that Kim Dahyun order.

“W-What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. Just remembered something.” Chaeyoung looked around and pointed at one table “There’s your cousin. You’ll sit with her, right?” Jaebum nodded.

“Alright, how about you?”

“I’ll sit somewhere.”

“What? How about you sit with us?” Chaeyoung smiled and shakes her head.

“No, thanks. Dahyun unnie will probably shows up sooner or later, she tends to sleep late.” without waiting for Jaebum’s reply, Chaeyoung made her way to a table.

Jaebum recognized a few of the girls in the table as members of the music club, so he made his way to where Nayeon was.

//

The rest of the day passes by and it was now club hours. Jaebum made his way to the music room because he already asked permission to join and Park Jihyo was more than willing to let him in, especially when he sang a song. His voice was amazing, apparently.

“Alright, gleeks. Let’s welcome our new member, Im Jaebum.”

Jaebum entered the room and all eyes were on him. He smiled at his clubmates before his eyes locked with Chaeyoung’s. The girl was smiling at him and showed him a thumbs up.

“So, our assignments were duets. Who wants to go first?”

“How about we let our new member sing first, ma’am?” Taehyung suggested with his rectangular smile that girls considered so charmingly cute.

“Are you okay with that, Jaebum?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter