Chapter 3 - Coffee Dates

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum choose to wear the brown jeans, white LA shirt and the dark blue NBA jacket that Nayeon had bought for him. He also grabbed Nayeon’s grayish-white NBA cap to match his outfit before grabbing his bag and heading down.

“You look great, Jaebum.”

“Thanks, auntie. You look very lovely too.”

“She always isn’t.” Mr. Im teased, causing them to laugh while Mrs. Im pouted the same way Nayeon does. And speaking of Nayeon, the older girl was now running down the stairs.

“Good morning, mom. Good morning, dad. Hey, Jaebum.” she greeted her parents and Jaebum and they also greeted her back. Mrs. Im had the table ready and they ate together. It wasn’t weird, considering that Dahyun had already ate with the Im’s many times before.

“Do you have a phone, Jaebum?”

“Yes, uncle. Do you want my phone number?” Mr. Im nodded, so Jaebum got his phone and gave his phone number to Mr. and Mrs. Im while getting their numbers too.

“We need to contact you to ask what you prefer when we shop for your things.”

“Oh, you don’t need to do that, auntie. I’ll buy some shirts later, anyways. I can just buy my stuff together.” Nayeon was laughing at the way Jaebum’s trying hard to find an excuse.

“It’s fine, Jaebum. We’re going to get groceries later, so it’s fine.”

“Alright, auntie. It seems like you’ve already made up your mind.” Jaebum surrendered. After that, they got into small talks about Jaebum. Before they could ask about his info, Nayeon swiftly excused themselves to leave for school.

“Have a good day at school, sweethearts.”

“We will, auntie.”

“Oh, I’m sure you will.” Nayeon teased Jaebum before running towards her car.

//

After class, Jaebum waited for Chaeyoung at the coffee shop infront of their school. It was their usual hangout place and he was now sitting at their usual seat, he knows Chaeyoung would notice but he can pretend to be oblivious about it.

And after 10 minutes, Chaeyoung finally came. They didn’t have music club because their teacher had cancelled but left them an assignment to research about 90’s band and find a song to sing from them. Chaeyoung had went to his boyfriend first to tell him that she’ll have coffee with Jaebum. He thought Taehyung wasn’t the jealous kind, maybe he’s wrong.

“Sorry, I’m late.”

“It’s fine. How’d it go? Was he okay with it?”

“I wasn’t late because of Taehyung, coach Lee just talked to me about you.”

“About me? Why?”

“He wanted to know if you’re interested to join the basketball team. I asked him why he’s asking me, and he answered that we look close with each other.” ‘Well, he’s not wrong about that.’ Jaebum thought, remembering the times coach Lee would ask Chaeyoung if he was interested to join the girls basketball team when he was Dahyun.

“So, what answer did you gave to him?”

“Nothing. I told him to talk to you, obviously. We’re not really close enough for me to make that decision for you, right?” Jaebum nodded hesitantly.

“Yeah, we’ve only known each other yesterday.”

“Right. So, I was hoping to get to know you more. You seems to have a lot of similarities with my bestfriend, so I think we’ll be really great friends.”

“I think so, too. But before that, I’ll go buy you some coffee as promised.” without waiting for Chaeyoung’s order, Jaebum stood up and order. He knows Chaeyoung’s order by heart and hoped that the girl won’t notice. But he knows Chaeyoung wasn’t that oblivious.

“How’d you know my order?”

“Nayeon-noona. I told her about meeting you and she told me about your order.”

“But Nayeon unnie doesn’t know my order.” that made Jaebum stop. She was right, Nayeon hadn’t even gone to get coffee with Chaeyoung yet. It was always him and Chaeyoung.

“Maybe your bestfriend told her.”

“Maybe.”

They stayed silent for awhile before Chaeyoung breaks it with some question about him. He tried to answer her without giving out the fact that he was Kim Dahyun. But he couldn’t really lie to Chaeyoung, even if it was Jaebum’s body, so he answered truly but halfheartedly.

“I can play all sports, but music has always been my first love.” Jaebum said. ‘Except you.’

“You really do have a lot of similarities with my bestfriend. Her brother, my boyfriend, is athletic and her father is too, so she know all sports but chose music because of her mom.”

“That’s sweet. Is her mother a musician?” Jaebum asked, though he knows that his mother was a former KPOP idol and was now a music producer in a famous entertainment.

“She’s a music producer in JYP Ent. She was the one who got Dahyun addicted in piano.”

“I love piano.” and he does but right now, he needs to play the guitar. “But guitars are cool.”

“She knows how to play guitar too, actually. The only thing she doesn’t know how is to act. I mean, she’s a great actress but terrible at acting infront of me. She can’t even tell a lie.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter