Chapter 13 - Kiss Later

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone in the music club held their breaths. No one said a word, nor created a noise. No one until Nayeon stood up from her seat with a huge screech and walked out, slamming the door shut, causing a huge sound that wake everyone up from a daze.

Jaebum didn’t notice Jeongyeon pulled away and without a word, she ran out of the room. Jaebum expected that somehow, but what he didn’t expected is Chaeyoung running out too.

He took a glance at Taehyung, but saw that the guy wasn’t planning on running after his girlfriend, so Jaebum took it upon himself to ran out of the room and chase after Chaeyoung.

//

“Nayeon, wait.”

Nayeon stopped. Luckily, it was club hours and they were in a secluded part of the hallway. With a deep breath, she turned around and faced Jeongyeon, not caring if she was crying.

“What?”

“I’m sorry.”

Nayeon chuckled humorlessly. “For what? You didn’t do anything wrong, Jeongyeon-ah. I’m fine, just take care of my cousin. She has a lot going on.” she didn’t even noticed her slip as she turned around and started walking again. But she didn’t get far when Jeongyeon said…

“I like you.”

“Pardon?” Nayeon faced Jeongyeon again, who was already infront of her. She held her breath, thinking that only a few more inches, their lips would touch. “W-What did you say?”

“I said, I like you.”

“But…Jaebum. You kissed him. What was that?”

“Look, I was confused. Everytime I see you two, I feel this jealousy inside of me and I thought it was because I like Jaebum and was jealous of you, but no. It was the other way around. It was because I like you and I’m jealous of Jaebum for stealing our time together.”

“Oh…” Nayeon was speechless. Everything she wanted to hear from Jeongyeon, she was hearing it now. Tears started streaming on her face again, causing Jeongyeon to hug her.

“I’m so, so sorry. I never thought that I’d fall inlove with you. You’re my bestfriend, my better half, my everything. I don’t want to ruin what we have, but…I want more. I want all of your time, all of your kisses, hugs, texts and calls. I’m obsessed with you, Im Nayeon.”

“And it took you this long to realized that?” Nayeon joked, snuggling closer to Jeongyeon.

“How long did it took you?”

“The first day.” Jeongyeon immediately broke the hug and looked at Nayeon with wide eyes. “I know I love you since the first day I’ve known you.”

“What? You’re kidding me. When we first met, all I did was greet you with a ‘Hey, bunny.’.”

“Yeah. You said ‘Hey, bunny’ with a smile and it made me fell inlove with you. I didn’t even realized that we’d be bestfriend, but I fell. I loved you, and I still do. I will always love you.”

“Damn, Nayeon. We were just freshmen, that time. You’ve hide this for so long?”

“Uh-huh. There are times where I wanted to confess to you but, like you said, we’re bestfriend, we’re each other’s better half and I don’t want to ruin that too. So, I hide it.”

Jeongyeon smiled sadly before hugging Nayeon again, tighter this time. “Well, you don’t have to. Not anymore, cause I love you too. I’m sorry for everything, Nayeon-ah.”

“It’s fine, you were confused.”

“No, that’s not a good excuse to be oblivious to your feelings.”

“You can just make up to it.” Nayeon said teasingly, causing Jeongyeon to laugh and kissed her forehead before pulling away again. She took a deep breath and held Nayeon’s hand.

“To make up for it, will you go on a date with me?”

“Geez, Jeong. You’re so old-school. There’s no need to date, just ask me to be your girlfriend already. I’m tired of waiting.” Nayeon muttered with a pout.

“Fine, fine. Im Nayeon, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Yes, yes. Totally yes, obviously yes. Ofcourse, yes. Do you even need to ask?” Jeongyeon laughed again as she let go of Nayeon’s hand to held her face and leaned in to cut her off.

There was no fireworks. It was just the feeling of serendipity. It was peaceful, warm and lovely. Nayeon always thought that when they finally kissed, it’d be like the fourth of July. But no, it was the twenty-fifth of December. It was Christmas, where everything’s perfect.

Maybe because they’ve already kissed during some dares, or maybe because Nayeon had always dreamed about their kiss. But she doesn’t care why, she love this feeling. Kissing Yoo Jeongyeon as her girlfriend was everything she could wish for.

“Have I ever told you that you’re annoyingly cute?”

“Nope. But don’t tell me again, my pride and ego would boost.”

“I knew it.” Jeongyeon shook her head with a fond smile before capturing Nayeon’s lips again. Yup, it’s definitely Christmas time.

//

Jaebum saw Chaeyoung enter a room and he immediately followed inside, not caring what kind of room it was. And it was then he realized what it was when Chaeyoung said…

“This is the ladies’ room, you know.”

“O-Oh, sorry.” Jaebum immediately went to go out but stopped. “No, I have to talk to you.” he proceeded to the went to the door but locked it instead of going out.

“You can cause kidney stones to anyone who wants to use this bathroom.”

“I’ll pay for their hospital bills. And please stop distracting me. Like I said, I’m here to talk to you.” Chaeyoung chuckled before finally facing him.

“Abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter