Chapter 14 - Back Off

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum knows that he shouldn’t be here right now. But he needs to do this, he needed to be there for his brother no matter which body he has right now. So, with a deep breath, he knocked on the door. A few seconds later, Taehyung opened it with a shocked face.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“I want to talk to you, if that’s okay?”

“No.” Taehyung stepped back and was about to close the door, but Jaebum held it open by planting his foot on the gap between. His foot hurts but luckily, Taehyung pulled the door back. “Are you idiot? Just leave, will you?”

“I really need to talk to you, it’s about your sister.” in a second, Taehyung grabbed Jaebum and pulled him inside the house and slammed the door shut before pining him.

“What about her? Is she okay? What do you know about her? Tell me.”

“Geez, calm down. She’s fine, I just want to talk to you about her.”

Taehyung let go of him and gestured for him to follow towards the living room. They sat down in the couch, facing each other. Taehyung left him for a minute to grab two juice packs and handed him one before sitting back down again.

“So, what about her?”

“I know your sister.”

“Oh, really? How come she didn’t mentioned you to me?” Taehyung was looking at him suspiciously and he blurted the best excuse he could think of, at the moment.

“Because I was her boyfriend.”

“WHAT?” WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING?!

“S-She didn’t mentioned me to you because she knows you won’t like it--”

“Damn right, I won’t.”

“--so we kept our relationship a secret, which didn’t work out at all. We already broke up. It was a mutual decision, I promise. But the thing I wanted to tell you is her secret.”

“If it’s a secret she’s keeping from me, then I want to hear it from her.”

“But she can’t say it to you.” So, I’m saying it as Jaebum. “She’s gay, Taehyung.” he could feel Taehyung held his breath as he froze in his seat. This was a bad idea.

“What do you mean she’s gay? I thought you two were in a relationship before?”

“We were. We broke up because she’s gay and I wanted her to accept it and be happy with the girl she actually love, not with me. And that’s another thing to tell you.”

“What is?”

“The girl that your sister loves, for a long time now, is--”

“Son Chaeyoung.” Jaebum eyes widened. How did he know? “It’s Chaeyoung, right?”

“O-Oh.” Jaebum was shocked when Taehyung suddenly clenched his fist and slammed his juice pack down the couch before running his fingers through his hair hardly.

“Damn it, I should have seen it.”

“N-No, no. It’s not your fault.”

“Ofcourse, it is. I hurt her by dating the girl she loves, and I ignored that she was actually showing the signs to me that she love Chaeyoung and that she was gay. I should have been there for here and now, I can’t say that to her because…I’m a failure. I failed as a brother.”

“No, op--Taehyung, you didn’t.”

“Stop patronizing me, I know how much you hate me.”

“I don’t hate you, okay? You’re my brother--” Sht. “--in-law if Dahyun and I ended up, but we didn’t, still…I treat you like a brother because Dahyun talked to me about you. And she said that you’re the best twin she could ask for. Minus the fact that you dated Chaeyoung.”

“Really? She said that? She felt that way about me?” I do. Jaebum smiled and nodded.

“She apologized too, by the way. About you and Chaeyoung. She was sorry that it didn’t work out between you two.” Taehyung let out a sigh.

“It’s fine. I know Dahyun was always above me in Chaeyoung’s heart. Wait…” Taehyung squinted his eyes and glared at Jaebum. “Don’t you like Chaeyoung?”

“W-What?”

“All those things that you did for her, isn’t that because you like her? Oh, dude. I’m going to ask you as nicely as possible…back off, man. They belong together, okay? Don’t mess up with them more, will you?” Jaebum’s nodded his head eagerly.

“Ofcourse, I won’t mess it up. I only did that because Dahyun wanted to. All of those things was on Dahyun, you don’t need to worry about me getting in their way.”

“That’s good, cause I don’t want to beat you up again.” Taehyung said with a laugh.

“That was unnecessary, though. I’m not inlove with Chaeyoung, I was speaking in Dahyun’s point of view at that time. I only love Chaeyoung as friend, and I care about Dahyun.”

“In that case, I apologize. I didn’t know you were speaking for Dahyun. Besides, I wouldn’t have punched someone if it was her who told me.” Jaebum chuckled and nodded.

“So, you’re not mad at her?”

“I’m not.” Taehyung said with a smile. “All I ever wanted is for her to be happy. If that’s with Chaeyoung, then so it is. I’ll always choose her happiness, she’s my twin sister after all.”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For taking care of Dahyun.” Jaebum smiled at Taeh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter