Chapter 7 - Bringing y Back

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum was doing his homework after eating dinner when his phone ring. Instead of texting the updates, Chaeyoung probably chose to just call. It was going to be long, he knows. So, he let out a sigh before he answers the call.

“Hey, how’d it go?”

(I won, ofcourse.)

“Please tell me you two didn’t broke up.” a part of him does hope that they haven’t broken up because of that, but another part of him wants Chaeyoung and Taehyung broken up.

(No, we did not. Don’t be bitter, JB.)

“I wasn’t.” I really was. “So, what happened? Did you two talked it out?”

(He apologized. And I told him it was okay, so we made up. Not make out, okay? But anyway, we’re good. He stayed for awhile at my house and we played games.)

“That’s great to hear.” once again, two parts of him felt opposite with each other.

(Uhmm, no. I mean, not really.)

“Why not?”

(Well…while we were playing, I kind of lose a dare. So, I’ll have to do something tomorrow at music club. Please, don’t have a heart attack due to the surprise number.)

“Yeah, I won’t. What kind of dare was it, anyways?”

(It’s a secret. You’ll know tomorrow. But now, I must go and eat dinner. Goodnight, Jae.) Chaeyoung ended the call but not before shouting ‘I’m bringing y back.’ on the other line.

Jaebum was worried. Was Chaeyoung going to do something y? Oh dear God, he hopes not. He can’t control a certain parts of his body and it would be embarrassing if it would react to the y dance tomorrow. I am so doomed…

It was already bedtime when Jaebum realized that Chaeyoung had called her ‘Jae’ instead of the usual ‘Jaebum’ or ‘JB’. Was it a new nickname? Or a reference from the book?

//

Jaebum couldn’t keep calm. He was either tapping his feet or his fingers, taking a deep breath every 2 minutes or he was clenching and unclenching his fist. Chaeyoung hadn’t noticed, she was busy in her phone for some reasons that Jaebum doesn’t know. But Nayeon had, so he told him about his conversation with Chaeyoung last night.

“And your worried that you’re going to have a…” Nayeon looked at the certain parts on his body, and he nodded his head as an answer. “Then, don’t think about it.”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t have a dirty thought.”

“It’s not that easy, unnie. I don’t know how to control this body well enough.”

“Well, what’s the most pure thoughts that you have?”

“The church? God?” Nayeon groaned and facepalmed as she shook her head.

“You can’t think about God when Chaeyoung’s doing a y dance there, you just can’t. How about unappealing thoughts? Like a bug or something.”

“Yeah, bug does sounds unappealing. But some are cute, like the ladybugs.”

“Then, think about them. You can’t have an…you know…if you think of cute things. Unless you’re a e or something, which I hope you’re not.”

“I’m not, you bunny.” Jaebum muttered, glaring at Nayeon. “Fine, I’ll think about bugs later. Preferably, something disgusting. Like a housefly or a mosquito, even if they’re insects.”

“Good. Now, stop worrying.”

But that was before. Many hours had passed and Jaebum had actually felt confident that he could take whatever dare Chaeyoung was going to do in the music club, but he was wrong. So wrong. Because the moment the song came in...

 

Greedy!

 

…he know he was a goner.

 

You know that I’m greedy for love.

 

Chaeyoung walked to the center and started dancing to the song…very, very ily. Jaebum involuntarily gulped at the inappropriate dance and he didn’t know if he wanted to curse or thank Taehyung for daring Chaeyoung to do a y dance.

 

Been in this state of mind, been in this state of mind

Been in this state of mind all night

 

Chaeyoung turned to face him and winked before proceeding to dance to the chorus. The music club had become rowdy at the performance and even the other girls had started dancing in the center, but Jaebum had his eyes only to Chaeyoung.

With every sway and every lipbites or wink, Jaebum was feeling warm inside. He was gone, he know that. He is so dead if anyone sees what Chaeyoung did to him. But his worries were gone when he felt a soft thing landed in his lap. He looked down and saw that it was a pillow.

He looked at the side where the pillow came and saw that Tzuyu was the one who threw it. He didn’t bother asking why she has a pillow with her, cause he didn’t even noticed that she hadn’t joined the girls in dancing, instead he just smiled and muttered a thank you.

“No problem.” Tzuyu answered with a smile before facing back the girls, mostly Sana.

Jaebum wondered if Tzuyu brought the pillow especially for him, but the question is why. Does Tzuyu knows she’s Dahyun inside? But that was a far-fetched idea. Who would think about that? But then again, Tzuyu’s pretty observant. She probably noticed things.

But before he could think more about it, the song had already ended and the girls was done dancing. Chaeyoung’s laugh made Jaebum smiled as he watched her thanking the girls.

“Dare done, Tae.” Taehyung was smiling at the back and showing a thumbs up to his girlfriend. But instead of going back to her seat next to Taehyung, he sat besides Jaebum. “How was it?”

“U-Uhh, it was great. Y-Yeah, amazing. You, uhh, really brought y back.” Chaeyoung laughed before thanking him and standing up to go back to her seat.

Ms. Jihyo immediately took over, saying that the performance was amazing and if there’s anyone who wanted to sing should step up to continue the atmosphere. Mina and Momo, the dancing couple, immediately made their way to the center and danced to Havana.

Jaebum noticed that he doesn’t react to the other girls like how he reacts to Chaeyoung, not even if Mina and Momo were the best at dancin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter