Chapter 12 - Song For You

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum was nervous. First, because Nayeon was acting weird. Second, because today’s the day that he’ll sing for Chaeyoung. And third, Taehyung was there to witness everyhing. He should have thought about it before asking permission from Ms. Jihyo…

“Okay, kids. Jaebum here has something to sing, it’s an original song that came from his heart.” Ms. Jihyo winked at him, and he should have also thought about it when he said that the song was for Chaeyoung. “Here we go…” Jaebum immediately strummed his guitar.

 

You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen

You took me back in time to when I was unbroken

 

Everyone in the room disappeared as Jaebum stared at Chaeyoung, his focus mainly on the girl and nowhere else. Not even giving a glance at his glaring brother, not now…

 

Now you’re all I want, and I knew it from the very first moment

Cause a light came on when I heard that song, and I want you to sing it again

 

Memories of their first meeting came into his mind when he sang that part. Cause he met Chaeyoung in the music room when they were still in freshman year and here they are now.

 

I swear that every word you sing, you wrote them for me

Like it was a private show, but I know you never saw me

When the lights come on and I’m on my own, will you be there to sing it again?

Could I be the one you talk about in all your stories?

 

Can I be him?

 

It was clear by now that Jaebum was referring to Taehyung when he took a glance at him before facing Chaeyoung again. And it was really clear to all that Jaebum likes Chaeyoung.

 

I heard there was someone but I know he don’t deserve you

If you were mine, I’d never let anyone hurt you

 

I wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips, it’s all I’ve been thinking about

Cause a light came on when I heard that song and I want you to sing it again

 

He closed his eyes and started to sing the chorus with all of his memories with Chaeyoung played in his mind. He smiled as he opened his eyes and stared at Chaeyoung again, as he sings the next part.

 

Can I be the one? Can I be the one?

Can I be the one? Oh, can I, can I be him?

 

Won’t you sing it again? Oh, when you sing it again

Can I be him?

 

Won’t you sing it again? Oh, when you sing it again

Can I be him?

 

He sang the last chorus while strumming the guitar and let go of it once he finished, allowing the back-up instruments to finish the beat as he sang the last part of his song.

 

Can I be him? Can I be him?

Can I be him? Can I be him?

 

After the song, he smiled at Chaeyoung before approaching the piano and put the guitar above it before sitting down. He started playing the second song, the one he let Nayeon heard, but in the piano this time. Cause piano was always Kim Dahyun’s special skill.

 

Words from deep within

Though I have to be careful, I can’t hesitate much longer

 

Close your eyes, and I will tell you now

One step, take courage and one step towards me

 

He didn’t look anywhere, but he knows everyone in the room knows the words was for Chaeyoung even if he wasn’t looking at her. He was just playing the piano, letting the words that came from his heart sang itself to Chaeyoung.

 

Look at me.

These words, new and clumsy

Love you, I like you

 

The room was silent as he opened his eyes and faced the club members. His friends were all wearing a supportive smile with a mixture of awe in their eyes, Taehyung was glaring at him before standing up and excusing himself, while Chaeyoung…

Chaeyoung just sat there with a soft smile on her face. She nodded once at him before standing up as well and excusing herself to leave the room. He knows she was running off after Taehyung and even though she smiled at him, his heart still fell.

“Good job, JB. I know your words came across.”

“Thanks, Ms. Jihyo.”

With that, he sat back to his chair. His friends patted his back, while Taehyung’s friends gave him a glare before Jin stopped them. Nayeon leaned on his shoulder, Sana kissed his cheeks while Tzuyu ruffled his hair. He might not gotten the reaction he wanted from Chaeyoung, atleast he got his friends with him at the moment.

He knows Chaeyoung will come back any moment now to tell him that he did a good job with the song. And he couldn’t be more wrong…

//

Jaebum didn’t see Chaeyoung nor Taehyung until the next day. On the way to the class, he saw the Bangtan Boys was around his brother, either patting his back or hugging him. It was weird, but he decided to let it go and headed to the class to see Chaeyoung.

When he entered, the girl was looking the same as yesterday. If his suspicion of them breaking up was a chance because of Taehyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter