Chapter 4 - Everybody Talks

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their coffee dates did indeed became a regular thing. Everyday, they would go to the cafe together on their free time. Everything was going great but ofcourse, it would all went downhill once everybody talks. And so, they became the talk in the hallways.

“I heard V’s girlfriend is going out with the new hottie.” Jaebum heard one girl said, as he was walking to his locker. V was Taehyung’s nickname and it was a sad to think that everyone only knows Chaeyoung as Taehyung’s girlfriend. The girl was perfect in every way.

“Yeah, I was going to ask him out. But I guess he prefers to be with two-timers.” their laughs was nails to the chalkboard for Jaebum and before he can stop himself, he approached the girls. He faked a smile but they still swooned for him.

“Excuse me for interrupting your conversation but I have to say this, I don’t want to be with two-timers. Son Chaeyoung is not a two-timer, we’re just friends. Now, you two need to shut the hell up before I make you. And trust me, I’ll do that for her.”

The hallway frozed at the tone Jaebum used. He meant what he said and that was enough to make the girls apologize before running away. With that, he let out a sigh and left too.

He went to his first period and saw that Chaeyoung was already there. The girl was looking at him with concern written in her face and confusion in her eyes.

“What took you so long?”

“Problem at the lockers.” Literally.

“Is it okay now?” Jaebum nodded his head with a small smile before sitting down at his usual seat. His seat as Dahyun was unoccupied for a week now, luckily no one really notices.

“Hey, Chaeng.” Chaeyoung looked at him in a heartbeat, probably because of the nickname, but he doesn’t care about that and continued. “Do you think we should…stop hanging out?”

“Huh? Why?”

“I don’t want your boyfriend to be getting the wrong idea about…our friendship.”

“Is this about the rumors spreading around?” Jaebum wasn’t looking at Chaeyoung before, but now his whole attention was on the girl.

“You know about that?” Chaeyoung nodded her head and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Taehyung knows about our friendship, we even had an argument about it. But I’m not going to stop being friends with you. We’re not doing anything wrong, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Good. So, are we okay?” Jaebum smiled genuinely this time and nodded, remembering the times that Chaeyoung would often ask him that whenever they had an argument.

“Yep, we’re okay.”

//

But it seems like Taehyung wasn’t okay with Jaebum and Chaeyoung’s friendship. After basketball practice, he asked Jaebum to have a minute with him and they were now sitting by the bleachers, watching some Cheerios practice for a few more minutes.

“I wanted to thank you.” Taehyung said to break the silence.

“For what?”

“For being my girlfriend’s friend right now. I mean, I’m not usually there for her because of my stuff but my sister was there. Right now, I don’t know where she is…but you’re here. And I thank you for that.” Oh, if you only knew where I am right now, oppa.

“No problem. I’m glad to be her friend.”

“But that’s the only thing you’ll get.” Taehyung turned to face at his with a serious look, a look that’s a completely the opposite from his usual bright smiley face. “She’s mine, JB.”

Jaebum met Taehyung’s gaze and nodded once. “Yeah, I know.” I really do.

“Good. Cause I don’t want to tell Chaeyoung to ruin your friendship, it’ll sadden her. But at the same time, I don’t want you falling inlove with her and stealing her away.”

‘That won’t be a problem, cause I’m already inlove with her.’ Jaebum didn’t answered and just faced the Cheerios again. They were now done practicing and was heading back. But two girls were heading in Jaebum and Taehyung’s way. The two girls from earlier…

“Hey, V. Hey…Jaebum.”

“Hey.” Taehyung greeted them while Jaebum just nod his head to acknowledge the Cheerios.

“Do you girls need something?” the girls immediately looked at Jaebum and nodded.

“We wanted to apologize to you for gossiping about your friendship with Son Chaeyoung. We know she’s not a two-timer. We were just jealous of you two.” As expected.

“You don’t have to, they’re just friends. I made sure of that.” Taehyung answered.

“Oh, well. Now that it’s stated, can I take you out on a date?” the second girl, who called Chaeyoung two-timer, said at Jaebum. “I really like you and I think you’re amazing.”

But before Jaebum could answer, Taehyung interrupted. “Sure, he will. A Cheerio and a jock. You two would be a power couple.” the girl’s excitement was obvious but Jaebum scowled.

“I’m sorry, I’m not interested in being a power couple nor being a couple with you.”

“Come on, man. Don’t break a girl’s heart.” Taehyung playfully pushed his shoulder and he caught his hand then squeezed it hard while looking directly at his eyes.

“Do not push me towards some girls because you’re afraid I’m going to steal your girlfriend. Instead of pushing away the people who cares for her, why don’t you be a good boyfriend instead?” he let go of Taehyung’s hand with force before walking away.

//

Jaebum was strumming in the music club, when Chaeyoung enters. He skipped first period and Chaeyoung obviously did too. And since it was class hours, it was just the two of them.

“Hey.” Chaeyoung greeted as she sat besides him, so he stopped strumming and faced her.

“What are you doing here?”

“You weren’t in the class, and I probably know why.” Chaeyoung gave her a smile before patting his shoulder. “Taehyung told me what happened yesterday.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No, Jaebum, I’m sorry about him. He can be a genius and an idiot sometimes.”

“He was just jealous,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter