Epilogue

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun found Chaeyoung, expectedly, at the music club. She was sitting infront of the piano with her head down and at that moment, Dahyun just want to kill those gossipers.

It’s been two months since they’re dating and it was the last month before they graduate, yet the gossipers still can’t get over the fact that Chaeyoung is dating Dahyun after dating Taehyung and had a few moments with Jaebum. People were jealous of her so they gossip.

And something they said had struck Chaeyoung, causing her to ran away. Dahyun wasn’t there so she didn’t know what it was but she heard about the running away part so she skipped class immediately and went to look for her girlfriend. And now, here she is.

“Baby.” Chaeyoung didn’t look up, so Dahyun approached and sat besides her. “You okay?” it was a stupid question, but Dahyun know that Chaeyoung would never lie to her.

“No, I’m not okay.”

“What happened?”

“You know, the usual gossips. I’m the girl who can’t settle with one guy, so I flirted with the hot transferee. And when he was out of the picture, I flirted with my boyfriend’s sister.”

“Oh, baby. We both know you’re not that girl.”

“But that’s all everybody thinks.” Dahyun wants to tell Chaeyoung to screw everybody, but she didn’t. Instead, she just went to hug the girl to console her. Hugs were enough, for now.

“That’s not what I think. Because I know that you’re an amazing girl. You’re the girl who settled with one guy because you don’t want to break your bestfriend heart, you’re the girl who broke up with your boyfriend because you don’t want to break his heart anymore. You’re the girl who’s always thinking about others than yourself, you’re amazing.”

“Really? Because everyone thinks the exact opposite.” Chaeyoung chuckled bitterly.

“It doesn’t matter what they thinks because only a few weeks left, they’ll be gone in your life. Only I and the people who love you will be there, so screw them. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“Good.”

Dahyun pulled away from the hug just to kiss Chaeyoung. Then she took a deep breath. It was time to confess something. “For the record, you ddin’t flirted with the hot transferee.”

“What do you mean?”

“He flirted with you.”

Chaeyoung laughed as she playfully slap Dahyun’s shoulder. “Come on, baby. You can’t actually be jealous of him.” Dahyun laughed too as she shook her head.

“I’m not.” Dahyun took a deep breath once more. “Because I’m Jaebum. He’s me, I’m him.”

Chaeyoung’s laughter died…but a smile remained on her face. “I know.”

“WHAT?”

“He’s everything that you are, you know. From head to toe, inside and out. So, I figured it out somewhere along the way. I won’t tell you when, though.” Chaeyoung said with a wink.

“But…but…” Dahyun stammered. “But you wouldn’t kiss him.”

“Yeah. I didn’t kiss him because I prefer kissing your lips, and I mean you as a girl.” then, she smirked. “Us girls, we are so magical. Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.” she sang, causing Dahyun to laugh and playfully slap her this time.

“You keep saying how I’m a dork, but you’re also one.”

“I know right. So…what do you say that we dork around together?”

“I would love that.” Dahyun answered, putting an arm around Chaeyoung. “Forever?”

“Always.”

 

10 years later…

 

Chaeyoung was sitting in the piano, playing the tune of a song that was stuck on her head, when the front door opened. She looked at the door and smiled at seeing her wife holding their son while their daughter was running towards her with a plastic bag in hand.

“Mom, we’ve got the paintbrushes. Let’s paint now, please.”

“Alright, sweetie. We’ll paint after your mommy and I got your little brother settled.” Chaeyoung said, looking at his son sleeping in her wife’s arm. “You okay, baby?”

“I’m fine, babe. I’m actually glad we’re home, Chaehyun keeps on running off and I had to ran after her while making sure that Jaeyoung wasn’t disturb in his sleep.”

Chaeyoung stood up and approached Dahyun, her wife. It’s been 5 years since they got married and they had two kids now. Their daughter was 3 years old and was named Kim Chaehyun, you can guess why, while their 1 year-old son was named Kim Jaeyoung. They got the Jae in Jaebum, a tribute to where Dahyun had magically became a guy.

Chaehyun looked like a mini-Dahyun but Jaeyoung looked like a mini-Chaeyoung, probably because Dahyun carried Chaehyun while Chaeyoung carried Jaeyoung, but even so, Chaehyun has some traits from Chaeyoung and Jaeyoung had some traits from Dahyun. It was a fair trade and that made their little family perfect.

Life was good. Chaeyoung was living her dream about living in the house they had bought together, happily married with kids running around and now, they were going to paint their house. Life was absolutely amazing, and Chaeyoung couldn’t ask for more.

“I’m sorry, baby. I should have come with you. I know Jae would fall asleep as soon as he rides the car.” Dahyun laughed at that and nodded his head in agreement.

“Yeah. Well, to be fair, that young man was already awake at the break of dawn so…”

“Stop patronizing your son just because he looks like me.”

“Oh, please. Like you don’t patronize Chaehyun because she looks like me.”

“Touche, baby.”

They both laughed but immediately stopped when the doorbell rang. Chaeyoung went to get it, considering that Dahyun was still carrying Jaeyoung, and opened it to see their friends.

“Is the paintbrush already here? Cause my daughter’s been excited since 4 in the morning.” Nayeon greeted them tiredly as she and Jeongyeon hold unto their 5 year old daughter, who was currently pouting at Chaeyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter