Chapter 8 - We've Got Tonight

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day, more like the night, of the basketball game and the performance. The jocks on the music club received instructions not to tire themselves to much cause they still have a game to play. Especially Jaebum and Taehyung, who are part of the first 5.

It was 5PM and the game will start at 7. They’ll perform at 6:30 so the jocks can have 30 minutes rest before the game. But they still have an hour and a half so Jaebum went to find Tzuyu. He’d been wanting to talk with her ever since the ‘pillow thing’.

“Looking for someone?” Jaebum turned around and match the smile Chaeyoung wears.

“Yeah, have you seen Chou Tzuyu?”

“Ouch, and here I thought you were looking for me.” Chaeyoung said with a laugh. “She’s in the cafeteria with Sana unnie. They’re getting some snacks before the game.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you later.” Jaebum was about to ran when Chaeyoung held his wrist.

“Why do you want to talk to her, though?”

“Uhh…private stuff. I’ll tell you, as soon as I can. But now, I have to go.” he slowly took Chaeyoung’s hand from his wrist and smiled. “I’ll see you later, alright?”

“Oh…” Chaeyoung watched Jaebum ran away until he was out of sight before she returned back to the gymnasium.

Jaebum arrived at the cafeteria just in time Tzuyu and Sana was getting out. When Tzuyu saw him, she immediately smiled and ushered Sana to get to the gymnasium first.

“She can stay, I don’t mind.”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll tell her later.” Tzuyu said, pecking Sana’s cheeks before the Japanese girl left. “So, I’m guessing that you’re here to talk to me.”

“I am.”

“Let’s go somewhere private.” the two of them walked to an empty classroom and sat down face to face with each other. To make sure no one would enter, Tzuyu locked the door.

“I’m guessing that you already know what we’re going to talk about.” Jaebum stated, imitating Tzuyu’s tone earlier. And Tzuyu nodded with a chuckle.

“If it’s about your identity, then you don’t have to worry. I’m not going to say anything.”

“I just wanted to know how you found out.”

“It’s pretty easy, actually. There’s only one person who would look at Chaeyoung the same way that you do, and it’s Kim Dahyun. I didn’t think you were Dahyun unnie at first so I observed you because I’m on team ChaeDa, but then I noticed some things.”

“What things?”

“The similarities between you and Dahyun unnie. You both have red hair, need glasses, same attitude and the heartfluttering eyesmile is the dead giveaway.” Tzuyu explained.

“Wow. You’re really observant, Tzuyu-ya.” Jaebum said with a laugh as he shook his head.

“Well, Chaeyoung also gave some clue to me, unnie--if I may?” Jaebum nodded, allowing Tzuyu to call her unnie because it was fine, he was Dahyun. “She felt comfortable with you in a short period of time, and I think maybe that’s because you’re still you inside.”

“Yeah. So, I guess we have that settled now. You know that I’m Kim Dahyun inside, and you intend to keep it a secret from everyone--”

“--Except Sana unnie.”

“Except Sana unnie.” Jaebum repeated. “Well, then. We should get back now. We have a performance to do and I still need to show my skills to Chaeyoung.” Tzuyu laughed.

“You’re still a dork.” she muttered, playfully pushing Jaebum. “That was another clue.”

//

Jaebum wore the necktie to his suit, because it was their costume for the duet, when Chaeyoung entered wearing a dress with the same color as his necktie. It was baby blue and it suits Chaeyoung really well.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” Jaebum greeted back as he looked at Chaeyoung. “You look beautiful.” he said, and thought about it at the same time. He was speaking both as Jaebum and Dahyun.

“Thanks. You look handsome too, Jae.”

“I’m starting to think that you’re referring me to Jay in that book If Only.” he joked as he held Chaeyoung’s hand and led her to their waiting area before the performance.

“Well, if you think it that way…you are indeed Jay. You said that you have like someone the same way that Jay loved Crystal, right?” Jaebum nodded as he looked at Chaeyoung.

“I have.”

“Then, you’re Jay. Don’t worry, Crystal and Jay ended up together at the end. She realized that Tristan and Caitlyn had true love that even the red string couldn’t fight against, and she also realized that Jay love her truly. So, she gave him a chance.”

“And she fell inlove with him, because he was the one who’s always there for her.” Jaebum provided, but something about his statement made Chaeyoung stop. She looks like she was about to say something, but Ms. Jihyo came to interrupt them.

“Time to perform, guys. Remember duet, then group, then Jungkook’s solo.” they signed an okay sign to Ms. Jihyo before running towards the middle of the gymnasium.

Jaebum squeezed Chaeyoung’s hand encouragingly with a smile before he sat on the piano. Chaeyoung was sitting on top of the piano and she peck Jaebum’s forehead before he started. The sound of the piano engulped the gymnasium as the lights started to focus on them. ( ~ is Chaeyoung, * is Jaebum)

 

*I know it’s late, I know you’re weary

I know your plans don’t include me

 

~Still here we are, both of us lonely

Longing for shelter from all that we see

 

Jaebum stopped playing the piano and let the recorded instrumental plays the background as he sang the next part while holding a hand out to Chaeyoung and helped her get down from the piano.

 

*Why should we worry? No one will care, girl

~Look at the stars now, so far away

 

The piano was pushed aside as they made their ways to the center while singing and positioned themselves to a slowdance stance and started dancing.

 

~*We’ve got tonight, who needs tomorrow?

We’ve got tonight, babe, why don’t you stay?

 

~Deep in my soul, I’ve been so lonely

All of my hopes are fading away

And I’m longing for love, like everyone else does

I know I’ll keep searching after today

 

*So there it is, girl, we’ve got it all now

~And here we are, babe, what do you say?

 

The other clubmembers started to join them in the slowdance, all of them we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter