Chapter 6 - A Little Jealousy

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lately, Jaebum and Chaeyoung had stopped hanging in the coffee shop. Instead, they had settled in the library. Jaebum’s a bookworm and so is Chaeyoung, so they always had fun.

“What genre are we going for, this time?”

“I was thinking romance.” Jaebum answered, thinking of a way to be subtle in confessing his love for Chaeyoung through a book. They had an agreement of picking a book for each other based on the genre in the given day cause it only takes 2-3 days for them to finish a book.

“Alright, I’ll search some over there. We’ll meet up at the counter, then find a table?”

“Sounds good.”

Chaeyoung went to the shelf of romance genre while Jaebum went to the teen fiction. He figured that his stories could probably more in here than those in the romance category.

After a few minutes, Jaebum had settled in a book titled If Only. It was a story about a girl who used a love potion on accident making the guy fall inlove with her. She started falling for him too, and she wondered if the guy would still be with her when the magic’s all gone.

“I thought we were done with the fantasy genre?” Chaeyoung teased.

“Atleast, it’s romantic. Spoiler, the potion vanished in the middle but the guy didn’t leave.”

“Well, that does sound romantic so I’ll give it a try. Here’s mine.” Chaeyoung picked a book titled Little Do You Know, a story about a couple in a tough situation where the guy’s parents doesn’t approve of them and she was hurting but she kept it inside because she love the guy.

“This is sad.”

“Not really. The guy’s parents approved at the end.” Jaebum at the girl incredulously.

“You spoiled the ending!” Chaeyoung just laughed before they went to the counter to signed it in their library card. After that, they went to a vacant table and started reading.

Jaebum constantly glanced at Chaeyoung to see her reactions. She seems to be enjoying so he felt proud. And a part of him hopes the girl would notice something in it.

But Chaeyoung suddenly raised her head up and looked at Jaebum straight in the eyes. “Have you ever liked somebody so much you're dying everyday just by thinking about it?" Jaebum choked on nothing. Oh, you have no idea.

“I have, but I think that’s not the plot of the story.”

“It’s the story of the side couple. He loves the bestfriend, but the girl likes the main guy.” Ouch, shot through the heart. Jaebum chuckled, thinking he had made the right pick.

“That hurts. I can relate to the story of that guy.”

“Is that why you picked this?” Jaebum shook his head, he didn’t knew there’s a side couple.

So they went back to reading until their vacant period ended and they headed back to their next class together, holding the books in their hands as they walked to class.

//

It was first period in the afternoon when Jaebum received a message from Chaeyoung, asking to meet up at the library. Their period was self-study so Jaebum faced Nayeon to tell her that he’ll leave the class, and wanted her to cover up for him.

“Where are you going?”

“Library. I’m meeting up with Chaeyoung.”

“Alright, I’ll make up an excuse once the professor asked.” Jaebum thanked Nayeon before he stood up and slipped out of the classroom then walked towards the library.

On the way, he received another text. Chaeyoung asked him to grab some tissues along the way, so he made a stop at a vending machine. When he arrived at the library, he didn’t spot Chaeyoung immediately.

He looked around and finally saw her in the furthest table on the corner. And as he come closer, he could see that Chaeyoung had been crying. So, that’s why she asked for tissues.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I was reading If Only, and a chapter made me cry.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know the story was sad.” Chaeyoung saw the worry and concern in Jaebum’s eyes, and it made her smile.

“No, don’t apologize. I should be the one who’s sorry for making you skip class.”

“It was self-study time, anyway. Our professor won’t mind, unless he founds out. But then Nayeon un--noona have my back.” Jaebum explained, sitting down besides Chaeyoung.

“Well, I had a vacant time and head here to continue reading.”

“I see. Which part made you cry?”

“Well, the main guy is Tristan and the main girl is Caitlyn. The side couple guy is Jay and the girl is Crystal. The two girls are sisters who know black magic and it was Crystal who made the poison so Tristan would love her but Caitlyn was the one who released it on accident.” Chaeyoung explained the summarization of the story up to which chapter she is.

“So, someone has to sacrifice so that the love potion would be broken? What kind of sacrifice is needed?” Chaeyoung raised her hands, to sign Jaebum from interrupting.

“The sacrifice needed is the red string of fate. It had changed trajectory when the love potion hit Tristan. He was supposed to end up with Crystal, but it changed to Caitlyn. And Crystal wanted to turn it back to her, so a sacrifice was made…that sacrifice was Jay.”

“Ja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter