Chapter 10 - It's Valentine's Day

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

News about his fight with Taehyung had spread and a lot of girls had approached him, some were asking if he’s fine and some were threatening him not to come close to Taehyung. He doesn’t know how the news spread, but he couldn’t care less. No one can ruin this day.

He walked towards his first class with a smile and it widens when he saw Chaeyoung was already sitting in her seat, holding a large box of ice packs.

“Hey, I didn’t know what you meant about a little bruising so I bought a lot of ice packs.”

“You didn’t have to, but thanks.” Jaebum sat down in his seat and got some ice packs from the box then put it on his cheeks that wasn’t that much bruising, thank God.

“Anyways, how many chocolates have you got? I have 16 already and it’s still morning.”

“Chocolates? What do you mean?” Jaebum looked at Chaeyoung confusedly and the girl looked back at him with the same confused look.

“You hadn’t checked your locker?” he shook his head. He hadn’t really checked it yet cause girls were hovering around his locker and he doesn’t want to get close to it for now.

“Nope. I don’t want to get close to girls for now, except for you and Nayeon unnie, why?”

“Well, it’s Valentine’s Day and I’m sure a lot of girls want to give you some free chocolates.” Oh, that explains why girls were standing near my locker. Jaebum thought.

“I guess I should get close to them, then. I love free chocolates."Jaebum joked but when he looked at Chaeyoung, the girl didn’t laugh and was just thinking silently. “Hey, you okay?”

“Hmm? Oh, yeah. I’m fine, just thinking some stuffs. Anyways, you have any date tonight?”

“Yeah, a date with chocolates and some movie marathon.” Chaeyoung laughed and stared at him longingly with a smile.

“That sounds fun.” something was wrong, but Jaebum doesn’t know what it was. Chaeyoung had never acted like the ‘longingly gazing’ type before.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Peachy.” Who says peachy when they’re fine? “I’m fine, don’t worry.” and Jaebum decided to let it go. Instead of thinking what’s wrong, he decided to think of ways to cheer her up.

//

“Hey, Jaebum.”

“Oh, Sana un--noona. Hey.” Sana laughed before she leaned in to whisper…

“I know who you are, calm down.” which made Jaebum laugh too. “Anyways, I would like to know if you wanted to be part of the serenading squad from music club.”

“Serenading squad?”

“Yes, we’re fundraising for the music club by asking 1000 won to people who wants to have their love ones serenaded, like a vocal valentine. So, are you in?”

“You said it’s for the club?” Sana nodded. “Who’s part of it?”

“Tzuyu, Youngjae from the basketball team, and Ms. Jihyo, who has an amazing voice.”

“So, just the five of us are serenading? How about the rest of the club members?” Sana explained that the boys were busy for their dates, the rest of the girls were taking care of the money earned while Chaeyoung declined cause she’s spending the day with Taehyung.

“You can bring your guitar for the instrumental, Youngjae and Ms. Jihyo will be the vocals while me and Tzuyu will be the back-up. Sounds good?”

“Yeah, that sounds good.” he agreed, thinking that a serenade can cheer Chaeyoung up.

“Alright, then. We’ll see you at recess, where we can start. Classes will be cancelled later.”

“How’d you know that?”

“I have my ways.” Sana winked at him before running away, towards Tzuyu as always.

//

True to Sana’s words, the class did got cancelled at the end of recess for students to celebrate. Apparently, the school had prepared for the event so there were booths around the field that the teachers and parents had made.

The Serenading Squad had been approved and they started first with Momo asking them to serenade Mina then the news spread around and a lot had asked for their serenade.

They were on their eleventh serenade when Jaebum spotted Chaeyoung, but he doesn’t see Taehyung. So, at the end of the song, he excused himself and approached Chaeyoung.

“Hey.” he greeted the girl, who immediately smiled back at him.

“Hey, nice gig.”

“Thanks. Uhm, where’s Taehyung? I thought you two were spending the day together?” Jaebum hoped that the bitterness in his words would go unnoticed.

“Oh, he’s running away from the girls who’s still giving him chocolates even if I’m around.”

“Ouch.”

“Yeah.” there was that longing look again in Chaeyoung’s eyes, that Jaebum couldn’t understand why. Was it for Taehyung? He really wasn’t sure.

“Are you okay? I could sacrifice myself for the girls instead.”

“Thanks, but there’s no need. I’m used to not having Taehyung around. It’s fine.” Oh. Now, Jaebum had finally guessed why Chaeyoung was sad today. Dahyun wasn’t around for her.

“After the last period time slot, can you come to the auditorium?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I have a surprise for you.” Chaeyoung finally laughed and nodded her head. “Alright, then. Well, I’ll see you later. For now, I have to go earn money from serenading.” he joked.

“Sure, make lots of money.” Jaebum replied with ‘I will’ as he ran back to his group. Sana and Tzuyu was looking at him with their Cheshire smile but he’s facing Ms. Jihyo instead.

“I wanted to serenade someone before dismissal time.” he handed them 1000 won. “And I wanted to be the one to sing, but can you guys back me up?” they all immediately nodded.

//

Before dismissal, Chaeyoung headed to the auditorium where Jaebum greeted her with a guitar in his shoulder and offered his hand then led her in one of the seat that’s right infront of the stage before he climbed up and strummed his guitar then sings.

 

It's her hair and her eyes today that just simply take me away

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t help but smile at the song, and it widens when Jaebum smiled back at her with his famous eyesmile. Eyesmiles are Chaeyoung’s favorite smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter