Chapter 9 - Bruises of Love

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every pass Taehyung gave to Jaebum had an extra ‘unnecessary’ force applied to it. Even the group high five has some force into it. But mostly, he would grip Jaebum’s shoulder hard whenever Chaeyoung would cheer for Jaebum’s shots.

At the end of the game, Jaebum’s hands were red and his shoulder hurts like hell. But it was worth it cause Chaeyoung was clapping hard because of their first win. He wants to rush towards the girl but remembered that she had an angry boyfriend at the moment.

So instead, he waited to finish the talk with Taehyung before he would go to Chaeyoung. That way, things wouldn’t be so bad if Jaebum makes Taehyung realized that what he and Chaeyoung have is just friendship. But is it really just friendship?

“Penny for your thoughts?”

“Hey, Nayeon unnie.” Jaebum greeted as Nayeon stands beside him. “I’m contemplating whether to tell Taehyung oppa about my feelings for Chaeyoung or not.”

“Why the sudden drop of information? Won’t he have a heart attack if you do that?”

“Probably. But it’s not that sudden, we’re going to talk and it’s obviously about Chaeyoung so I’m thinking if I should tell him the truth on why I always flirt with Chaeyoung.”

“So, you admit you’re flirting with her.” Nayeon teased.

“Why would I lie to you?” Jaebum muttered with a shrug. “Anyways, thoughts?”

“I guess you just have to go with the flow. If he ask, answer truthfully. If he don’t, then just punch back. Chaeyoung will ice your bruises up.” with a kiss in the cheeks, Nayeon walk away. Jaebum could only glare at the back of her head and watched Taehyung approach.

“Hey, what do you want to talk about?”

“Do you really need to ask?” Taehyung said with a glare. “You know who we’re going to talk about. But let’s not talk here, I don’t want any interruptions. Follow me.”

Taehyung walked towards the locker room of the basketball team and entered, Jaebum following him behind. When they entered the room, Taehyung’s group was there together with six other regular player; Mark, Jackson, Jinyoung, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom.

“Guys, do you mind?” Taehyung stated, referring to the six guys.

“Yes, we do.” Jackson answered with his always charming smile. “It’s unfair for you, Bangtan Boys, to gang up against JB here. So, we’ll provide backup, in case.”

“This is none of your business.”

“We know, Taehyung. But he’s part of the team, so he’s family.” Jinyoung added.

“Tsk, fine. Just stay out of it, we’re just going to talk.” Taehyung faced Jaebum this time. “I want you to stay away from Chaeyoung. I don’t care if you care about her, I just want you to stop being friends with her. I know I can’t tell her, so I’m telling you instead.”

“Look, I get where you’re coming from. But I can’t stay away from Chaeyoung.”

“And why not?”

“I have my reasons, and it’s better if you don’t know what it is.” Taehyung’s eyes squinted suspiciously, but he sighed and decided to let it go.

“How about you tell me instead why you sing that duet with Chaeyoung?”

“Because Ms. Jihyo told us. We both agreed, so you can’t just take that out on me. I’m not telling you to argue with Chaeyoung, I’m just telling you to leave that duet alone.”

“Why Chaeyoung?” Taehyung asked in a somber tone. “Why her among the girls here?” I guess that’s my cue. Jaebum took a deep breath before looking straight at Taehyung’s eyes.

“Because I’m inlove with her.”

“What?”

“I’m inlove with her. For years, now. But I didn’t act upon my feelings, because I know she have you. Not until one day, where I was given the chance to fight for her. And I’m not going to let this chance go because God knows when I’ll get another one. So, I’m sor--”

Jaebum wasn’t able to finish his statement when Taehyung’s fist landed in his cheeks. And it hurts like hell. Fck, I’ve just been punched. By my brother, nevertheless.

He staggered to balance his footing before touching the side of his lips and saw blood on it. Jaebum cursed internally before facing Taehyung with a sigh.

“I deserve that--”

“Deserve? No, not just that. You deserve more.” Taehyung was about to land another punch when Mark held unto him, stopping him from attacking Jaebum.

“Dude, you should calm down.”

“Calm down? This idiot is acting like Chaeyoung’s friend to steal her from me.” and something snapped inside Jaebum as he approached Taehyung and kicked him, causing him and Mark to stumble backwards. He understimated his power in this body, but he was mad.

“Acting like Chaeyoung’s friend to steal her? No, you’re wrong about that. I didn’t acted as a friend to steal her, I became her friend because I know she needed one. Especially, that her bestfriend is away and her boyfriend is always busy to even pay attention to her.”

“Don’t turn this on me again.” Taehyung said between his gritted teeth.

“No, this is on you too. Don’t you see that Chaeyoung’s hurting everytime you choose something over her? You’re being a failure as her boyfriend, Kim Taehyung.” inst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter