Chapter 5 - Inlove With My Bestfriend

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday went well. They had practice at Chaeyoung’s house and decided that they’re going to practice at Jaebum’s place on Sunday. That’s why, Chaeyoung was now at the Im’s house.

“I thought your room would be more…masculine.” Chaeyoung muttered, looking around the room. It wasn’t feminine, it was more...empty. White walls, not much personal things and not even one pictures nor posters on the wall.

“Well, it’s just a guest room. My room in our house is a bit more masculine.” Jaebum stated, thinking of his car figurine collections and stuff.

“Right, this is Nayeon unnie’s house.” and speaking of Nayeon, the older girl just entered.

“You can head down to the basement now. I’ve bought snacks there, so you two should be good. And while you’re practicing, I’m heading to Jeongyeon’s to practice too.”

“You two are partners?”

“Always.” Nayeon winked at Jaebum before leaving the room. When she was gone, Jaebum grabbed the guitar Nayeon provided and their music sheet before heading down.

They went to the basement and saw that Nayeon indeed clean it up, placing a tray of snacks near the basement window. There was an old but clean couch, so they sat there. Jaebum arranged the guitar in his arms and started to strum to the song.

After four tries, they decided to have a break. Jaebum started changing some stuffs in the music sheets while Chaeyoung was helping herself with the snacks.

“Strawberry or vanilla?” Chaeyoung asked for the ice cream flavor.

“Vanilla, I know you love strawberry.” Jaebum answred without looking up from the music sheets. If only he did, he would have seen the way Chaeyoung looked at him. But instead of asking how he knew, Chaeyoung just went up to grab some spoons.

“Here.” Chaeyoung handed the spoon to him before plopping down. “What are you doing?”

“Arranging the music sheets so it would match my guitar. There would be piano needed but I want to do that without the other musicals except the guitar.” Chaeyoung nodded in understanding and continued to watch him.

The more she spends time with him, the more Jaebum shows her his similarity with Dahyun. Right now, Chaeyoung noticed the way he would struck his tongue out and wet his lips whenever he thinks deeply. Dahyun always does that, especially with music.

She was so focused staring at her, that she didn’t even noticed Jaebum had already turned to face her. He was shocked having to face Chaeyoung suddenly, causing his heart to start racing. But when he realized that she was staring, it raced even more.

“U-Uhh, is there something on my face?” that made Chaeyoung back in the reality.

“Oh. No, no. I was just…observing your habit.” Jaebum stared at Chaeyoung for a few seconds before shrugging and trying out the changes in the music sheet. He started strumming and even Chaeyoung noticed that difference. He made the guitar the main instrument instead of being back-up to the others.

“Did you like that?” Jaebum asked after strumming to the song and Chaeyoung nodded.

“Yeah, it’s better than the original. It’s more…soothing to hear.”

“I was going for that, actually. That’s great to know.” Jaebum smiled his eyesmile to Chaeyoung and the girl felt the wave of familiarity again, always whenever he does that.

Not only the familiarity but also the longing. There’s only one person in her life who has an heartfluttering eyesmile, but that girl wasn’t around right now. She missed Dahyun so much.

//

At the music clubs, the members started peforming duets after duets. Nayeon and Jeongyeon sang Bestfriend by Jason Chen, Sana and Tzuyu sang I’ll be there by LOONA, Mina and Momo sang Count on Me by Bruno Mars. And they were the last pair after Jihyo-Wendy.

“Alright, let’s welcome our last pair. Jaebum-Chaeyoung, are you two ready?” Chaeyoung nodded to answer Ms. Jihyo, while Jaebum went to grab the guitar.

“Here we go.” was all he said before he started strumming. ( ~ is Chaeyoung, * is Jaebum)

 

*Do you hear me? I’m talking to you

Across the water, across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky, oh my, baby I’m trying

 

~Boy I hear you in my dreams, I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart, You make it easier when life gets hard

 

~*Lucky I’m in love with my bestfriend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

 

~*Ooh, ooh, ohh

They don’t know how long it takes waiting for a love like this

Everytime we say goodbye, I wish we had one more kiss

I’ll wait for you, I promise you, I will…

 

~*Lucky I’m in love with my bestfriend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home gain

 

~*Lucky we’re inlove in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home someday

 

They continued singing the second stanza and the second chorus. At the last line, Jaebum abandoned the guitar and went to held Chaeyoung’s arm. The girl gave him a confused look but he just smiled and trailed down to hold her hand.

The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter