Chapter 1 - Make A Wish

11:11
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun’s smile widens as soon as she sees Chaeyoung by the lockers. Hopping on her way, she approaches the shorter girl and gave her a tap in the shoulder.

“Good morning.” Chaeyoung turned around and showed her dimpled-smile to Dahyun.

“Good morning to you too, unnie. Happy Birthday again.” Chaeyoung already greeted her earlier and by earlier, she meant early in 12 midnight. Such a cliche, but Chaeyoung was a cliche person and that is what Dahyun loves about her bestfriend.

“Thanks, Chaeng. I hope you didn’t forget to bring me a present.”

“Ofcourse, I didn’t. Sana unnie will bring it later at your party. It’s the one with the tiger stripes wrapper, as always.” Chaeyoung stated easily but Dahyun was confused.

“Aren’t you coming to my birthday party?”

“Oh, your brother didn’t told you? He wanted his birthday to be just the two of us, you know how romantic your twin brother could be. Completely opposite as you.”

“Hey! I’m romantic.” Dahyun pouted. “And I can’t believe that you’re choosing him over me. Not that I’m making you choose, but it still hurts.”

“Oh, come on. Don’t be sad, unnie.” Chaeyoung ruffled Dahyun’s hair with a laugh. “We’ll spend the whole day tomorrow wherever you want to go, so can me and Taehyung oppa have tonight? Please?” Chaeyoung was using her pleading eyes and who is Dahyun to resist?

“Fine. But you owe me tomorrow, okay?”

“I promise. Now, let’s go to our class.” Chaeyoung linked her arms with Dahyun and they made their way to their first class. Luckily, most of their classes were the same so Dahyun could spend a lot of time with Chaeyoung before she handed him to Taehyung.

Which . Having your bestfriend dating your twin brother . Sure, he was handsome and has a deep voice and charming smile but Dahyun knew Chaeyoung first. And it was so unfair because Dahyun loved Chaeyoung first, but Taehyung still got the girl. Only because he’s a guy. He was the Prince Charming, and Dahyun was just the Prince’s sister.

How Dahyun wishes that Chaeyoung would just date her instead. She was gorgeous, a voice that was deep for a girl and a very charming eyesmile. The problem is, she’s a girl. And no matter how much she loves Chaeyoung, the girl will never love her back.

“Hey, unnie. Where’d you go?” Dahyun glanced at Chaeyoung besides her, who was looking at her with a concerned look. She moved to touch Chaeyoung’s eyebrow and smoothed it.

“Nowhere, sweetie.” Dahyun assured with her eyesmile.

//

Lunch time came and Dahyun knew that her brother would be around Chaeyoung this time. Their recess time weren’t the same but their lunch break is, and Taehyung would usually sit with them. Just like right now, he was already in their usual table.

“Hey, oppa.” Dahyun greeted her brother in a hard tone as she watch Chaeyoung kiss his lips.

“Hey, Dahyun.” Taehyung flashed his charming smile to his sister, completely oblivious to her hard tone. “I’m stealing Chaeyoung from you later, is that okay?”

‘No, it’s not.’ Dahyun faked a smile. “She’s your girlfriend, not mine.”

“We’ll swing by to make an appearance, ofcourse. Mom would kill me if I won’t supervise.”

“But you won’t be staying for long?” Taehyung shook his head as he wrapped his arms around Chaeyoung’s waist and smiled at her.

“I made plans with my girl.”

“That’s sweet.” at the compliment, the couple giggled together while Dahyun rolled her eyes with a scoff as she sat down infront of them. They ate their lunch together and Dahyun stood up first because she doesn’t have the same class with Chaeyoung at this time.

“Are you leaving now?”

“Yeah. I’ll see you at second period, Chaeng.” Dahyun ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair and waved at her brother before walking out of the cafeteria and towards her first afternoon period.

She took a seat at her usual table and took out her notebook to copy the writings on the board. She felt someone standing besides her so she looked up and smiled at the girl.

“Hey, Nayeon unnie.”

“Happy Birthday, dear.” Nayeon leaned in and kissed Dahyun’s cheeks before sitting down besides her. Im Nayeon was Dahyun’s bestfriend, other than Chaeyoung. Ever since Chaeyoung got together with Taehyung, Dahyun spends most of her time with Nayeon.

“Thanks, unnie. Are you coming to the party later?”

“Yep, and I was hoping you’ll allow me to sleepover. My parents aren’t home, so I’m alone.” Nayeon’s parents were always away like Dahyun’s, so she often sleeps in Dahyun’s house.

“Sure, unnie. I think my brother would sleep in Chaeyoung’s house anyways, they’re going out to celebrate Taehyung oppa’s birthday and won’t be attending my party.”

“Doesn’t that ?”

“It does.” Dahyun chuckled. Nayeon knew about Dahyun’s feelings for Chaeyoung, and didn’t judged the girl because she was in the same situation. With all the sleepovers, they became close to the point of telling each other secrets that they couldn’t tell their bestfriends about.

“I’m sorry, Dahyun.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter