the best thing i ever did was meet you

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mommy,” Nico sniffled as Mina came into Nico’s nursery. “Mommy.”

“I’m coming baby,” Mina whispered, cruising as her freezing feet shuffled across the cold wood floor. She reached over and turned the lights on, groaning at the bright light. She was shocked by the sight, Nico  was standing in her crib, her hands tightly gripped against the slats as she stood on shaky legs. “Nico,” Mina smiled before walking over and lifting the baby out of her bed. She was proud of Nico, they had never seen her stand before, but at the same time Nico was crying and Mina was concerned.

“Mommy!” Nico screamed, tears running down her cheeks. Mina checked Nico’s diaper and frowned when she realized Nico was fine there.

“Shh, it’s okay baby,” Mina swayed Nico in her arms in an attempt to calm the screaming child. She reached her hand for Nico’s forehead and felt warmth under her hand. “Again sweetheart?”

“Mommy,” Nico whined pulling on her ear. 

“Does it hurt?”

“Yes.”

“I’m sorry baby, come on, let’s go get Umma and Ka-san."

“Ka-san.” Nico whined. “Umma.” 

“I know we’re going to get them baby hold on a second.” Mina whispered to her baby, cradling her in her arms. Mina gently bounced Nico in her arms as she walked, rubbing soothing circles on the baby to calm her down. Nico’s sobs die as she slumps tiredly against Mina, she’s exhausted Mina could tell, and she felt horrible for her baby girl. Once they reach the bedroom Mina opens the door with her foot, laying Nico down on the bed. “Wake up Umma and Ka-san baby.” Nico weakly pushed herself onto her hands and knees and crawled to Sana, pulling on her Ka-san’s long hair. 

“Oww,” Sana whined in her sleep, unconsciously reaching up to swat Nico’s hands away. “Baby stop it’s sleepy time.” Sana muttered, turning away from Nico.

“Ka-san.” Nico called. 

“Wasn’t Mina taking care of you sweetheart?” Sana groaned as Nico continued to play with her hair. “Ugh fine, I’m up.” Sana muttered, sitting up and bringing Nico into her lap, gently prying her hair out of Nico’s tiny hands. 

“Ka-san.” Nico clung to Sana, putting her finger in . 

“Baby that’s Ka-san’s finger,” Sana giggled. “Not Nico’s pacy.” 

“Ka-san mine.” Nico answered. 

“Okay okay you silly baby, Minnie can you get her pacifier?” Sana looked up at Mina, who nodded and got off the bed. “What are you doing here my pretty girl?” Nico didn’t answer, but she put her face into Sana’s stomach. 

“Hm I’m sorry kiddo but you can’t go back in Ka-san’s tummy.” Sana laughed as Nico melted against her stomach. “Your the one who decided to leave it early.” 

“Here you go Sana,” Mina announced her presence as she came into the room. Nico happily accepted the pink pacifier, releasing Sana’s fingers easily. After getting her pacifier Nico starts sobbing again, pulling on her little ear once more. “Baby stop your going to hurt yourself more.” Mina whispered, gently holding Nico’s hand.

“What’s wrong? Why did you wake me up?”

“I think she has an ear infection, she’s running a fever again and she keeps tugging at her ear.” Mina nodded, feeling Nico’s tiny fingers in her own. 

“Do we still have some ear drops from when Momo got one?” Sana asked. 

“Probably not a good idea, Nico’s a baby and Momo is a full grown woman there’s probably this whole thing about her skin and immune system. We can try her medicine to bring her fever down, and we can take Nico to the emergency room.”

“For an ear infection? I think she will be okay holding off until morning.” Sana nodded. “I can stay up with her I don’t mind.”

“No it’s okay I can-”

“It’s okay Minnie, I got this, it’s only a few hours.” Sana nodded. “Niccy and I can go outside and watch the sun come up, it will be a good mother baby bonding experience.”

“Mommy,” Nico whined, pulling on Mina’s hand. 

“Yes baby?” Mina asked, looking into Nico’s eyes. Nico pulled on her ear again and Mina took her other hand. “God we need to restrain her hands or something.”

“I got it Minnie.” Sana nodded. “Your exhausted baby, you can go to bed okay?” Sana put her free hand on Mina’s cheek and her cheek. Mina looked into her lover’s light brown eyes, falling into the brown orbs. Sana’s concerned but loving look melted Mina’s defenses, and sparked pure admiration for the beautiful woman in front of her.

“Okay,” Mina sighed. 

“Okay,” Sana smiled and Mina wanted to kiss the beautiful girl in front of her. “Say night night to mommy baby girl,” Sana held Nico up in her arms and waved Nico and Mina’s joined hands. “Night night mommy.”

“Mommy!” Nico repeated. 

“Goodnight Nico, I love you.” Mina kissed Nico’s cheek. 

“Say I love you Mommy baby.” Sana giggled. “I love you.” Sana added with a baby voice. Mina laughed and nodded, kissing Sana’s cheek and releasing Nico hand’s. 

“Keep her from tugging on her ear too much,” Mina looked at Sana.

“I know baby, sweet dreams.” Sana smiled at Mina gently and settled Nico in her arms. She pulled the covers over Mina as she slipped on her bunny slippers and gently slipped out of the room to grab her bathrobe. Sana set Nico down on the counter as she tied her bathrobe, then picking up the baby and carrying her downstairs and out onto the deck, Nico’s hair and gently pacing back and fourth in her arms.

“Ka-san,” Nico muttered, starring at the moon.

“Yes?” Sana pulled Nico away from her body and held her over her head, looking into the baby’s eyes. Nico didn’t respond, but she giggled as she looked into Sana’s eyes. “You can’t just say my name for no reason you silly.” Sana pulled Nico until their noses touched, and the baby giggled as Sana nuzzled their noses together. “I love you cutie.” Sana smiled at her baby. “Uhm,” Sana hummed as she pulled Nico close, sitting down.  “Oh Nico, it’s so beautiful isn’t it?” Sana looked at the moon.

“Ka-san,” Nico whined as she rolled off Sana’s lap and crawled away. 

“Where are you going cutie?” Sana giggled as Nico crawled towards the edge of the deck. “Nico baby what are you-” Sana cut herself off as Nico pulled herself to her feet. Nico held tightly onto the edge of the deck as she smiled at Sana. Sana stood up and knelt in front of Nico, pushing her hair back and kissing her forehead. “Nico- your standing.” Sana smiled. “Where did you learn that sweetheart?” Sana asked, sitting in front of her baby, pulling her into her arms. 

“Ka-san.” Nico muttered and Sana felt her heart swell just as bit more.

“I love it when you call me that.” Sana pressed a kiss to Nico’s hair. “I love you.” Sana looked up at the sun light peaking over the horizon. Sana sighed, she couldn’t think of a more beautiful memory for her; her, her baby, and the slowly rising sun peaking over the horizon. 

 

xx

 

After getting Nico some ear drops, and Nico nearly having a meltdown in the waiting room, they decide to drive around for a bit, Nico asleep in her car seat. Momo drives them along the wildly coastal roads in no particular rush, just enjoying her time with the loves of her life, their little baby, beautiful scenery, and her expensive car. Momo had been thinking about life a lot, and had come to the realization about a lot of things. Being an idol had been fulfilling, she was able to bring joy to thousands and able to accomplish her dreams, and make quite a bit of money doing it. But this, this was better. Quiet moments with the love of her life and her daughter. Momo didn’t know why just chatting with Sana and Mina, Sana’s hand over hers and Mina bursting Nico’s little hair out of her sleeping face. Momo didn’t know why this was better, but it just, was. It was perfect. 

Once they got home, Mina took Nico to sleep and returned to cuddle with them. Sana grinned and jumped onto Mina’s back, wrapping her arms around Mina’s waist as Mina played on her switch. Momo sat off to the side, texting Nayeon while holding Sana’s hand with one hand. Nayeon asked to FaceTime right when Nico started crying, Sana rolling off Mina like a whale and leaving the room, Momo answering the phone and trying to beckon Mina to talk with Nayeon.

 

xx

 

“Nayeon Unnie, no.” Mina nodded. 

“Come on, you guys may have rings but you still haven’t actually gotten married yet, don’t you want a ceremony?” Nayeon argued. 

“But we’re already basically married,” Momo pointed out. “Besides, it won’t get officially recognized, it’s still not legal to marry two people at once, even in France.”

“It doesn’t have to be official, marriages are a celebration of love, no matter what Chaeyoung says, come on, wouldn’t it be fun to finally get married married, to finally be able to call you guys each others wives?”

“I mean, it would be nice.” Momo shrugged. “I’m on board.”

“Momo our daughter is seven months old, she’s too young to be in a wedding or even sit through one.” Mina pointed out.

“So? Sana or your parents can watch her, it would be fun, Sana’s always wanted a wedding, I think it would be a really good present for her.” Momo argued. 

“Sana wants a wedding?”

“Have you seen her Pinterest? Like ninety precent of it is wedding ideas. She has a board for rings, winter wedding, summer weddings, spring wedding, Japanese wedding, western weddings, wedding cakes, and wedding dresses.” Momo nodded. “I think it would make her really happy, and I think it would make me really happy.”

“Okay then.” Mina sighed. “But we don’t have much time to plan with-”

“Don’t worry I’ve been planning your wedding since you three came out to me.” Nayeon spoke up. “Though I will need you to have a summer wedding a lot of my planning is around that, also preferably in the mountains so there will be a little snow.”

“We’ll research some stuff and get back to you.” Mina nodded.

“How about we have a mountain wedding? I’ve always wanted one.” Momo smiled. 

“I’ll look, I’m sure there’s some nice venues in the French alps if you want to get married there.” Mina nodded. 

“Ooh yes that would be beautiful,” Momo giggled.

“The French alps? That’s literally perfect I’m going to ing cry, that would be such a beautiful place to get married.”

“And you would be okay with coming all the way to France for a destination wedding?” Mina asked. 

“Hell yeah I would.” Nayeon nodded.  

“Okay, we have a lot to talk about, but thanks for the idea Unnie.” Momo smiled at Nayeon. 

“Of course, keep me updated, I love you guys, Bye!” Nayeon nodded as she waved then hung up. 

“So we’re getting married huh?” Mina asked as she threw her phone on the bed. 

“Yup, you basically proposed to us when we were first moving in, I think it’s finally time we get married.” Momo grinned, playing with the ring on her finger. 

“You know the reason I wanted to wait was because I was scared people would find out about us, but I guess now we don’t have to care.” Mina shrugged.

“I wouldn’t worry,” Momo smiled. “We can keep it small.”

“I suppose your right.” Mina smiled. “I’ll go check in on Sana.” Mina kissed Momo’s cheek before unwrapping herself from the blankets her and Momo had bundled themselves in and left the room, making her way to the nursery right next door. The door was cracked open just a bit, the lights inside the room turned off and the blinds closed. Mina pushed the door open and looked around for her partner, finding Sana holding Nico in her arms on the rocking chair in the corner. “Hey.” Mina whispered. 

“Hi.” Sana whispered back. “Nico got hungry.” Sana responded, adjusting the rag that was draped over her chest. 

“Oh, well it’s good your feeding her now so she doesn’t wake up in an hour screaming.” Mina came up next to Sana and watched the tiny baby fondly.

“Exactly,” Sana nodded. “She ruined my bra again though, can you go get me a new one?” 

“What did she do this time?” Mina asked with a small quiet giggle. 

“Honestly I don’t even know all I know is it’s wet now.” Sana muttered. “We might need to buy new bottles ever since Nico started teething she’s been ruining her bottles.”

“On it, I think she’s ready to cut bottles out entirely, but we’ll work our way there.” Mina nodded.

“All done baby?” She asked the baby, who had pulled away from the bottle. “Mina, bra?”

“I’m on it.” Mina nodded before walking away and Sana readjusted Nico to burp her.  Once Nico had burped Sana skillfully unclipped her bra with one hand. Once she had slipped her bra off she picked up Nico and held her close. 

“Gosh, your so gorgeous my little princess, I love you.” Sana whispered to the baby, her heart swelling with pride as Nico rested in her lap. Nico yawned cutely and Sana resisted the urge to cuddle her close in her arms. Nico held her hands out for Sana, who smiled and held Nico up to her collar bone, cradling her head from behind as Nico wrapped her hands around Sana’s shirt collar. 

“Here,” Mina announced as she came into the room, holding a pink lacy bra for Sana. 


“Thank you.” Sana whispered. “Nico baby let’s go to bed.” Sana smiled at the baby who had spit in and wide innocent eyes. Sana bounced her in her arms and hummed a gentle lullaby, Nico being lulled to sleep by Sana’s gentle heartbeat and the bouncing. Sana smiled fondly as she laid Nico down in her bed, wrapping her soft blankets around her. Sana checked Nico’s forehead once more, to make sure her fever was going down. She Nico’s mobile, the stars swirling around the baby and playing Moonlight Sonata quietly. She kissed Nico’s head before holding hands with Mina and leaving the room. 

“She’s an angel I swear.” Mina muttered once the door to the room was shut. 

“Well yes, she is one right now, wait for tonight when she wakes you up with her screaming.” Sana nodded. 

“I still think she’s an angel.” Mina nodded. “She was our most perfect creation.”

“Your so poetic tonight, if you hadn’t already given me a ring I would think you were going to propose.” Sana rolled her eyes, Mina laughing nervously.

“Come on, Momo’s waiting for us.” Mina swung th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter