love and pride

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thank you Sana Unnie.” Dahyun sighed and inhaled her tea. 

“Of course.” Sana sighed, sitting on the chair across from Dahyun. They were sitting out on the balcony, overlooking the ocean. Momo was with the kids inside playing. Mina and Sana decided to spend some adult time with Dahyun to talk about Hana. 

“Sorry to come kind of unannounced, I need parenting advice.” Dahyun sighed. 

“Well why would you ask us? We only have small children.” Mina laughed. 

“Yeah but you have always helped me with the twins, particularly Hana.” Dahyun sighed.

“Well I was living through you before I had my own kids.” Sana laughed. 

“You were?” Mina asked. 

“Yeah babe.” Sana laughed. “You didn’t notice?”

“I noticed.” Dahyun nodded. “Sana Unnie wasn’t very subtle.” 

“I didn’t notice…” Mina trailed off.

“It’s okay baby you can be a little dense sometimes,” Sana pecked Mina’s cheek. “It’s what I love about you."

“What did we say about making me a third or fourth wheel?” Dahyun giggled. “Anyway, back to the point.” 

“Of course.” Sana sighed. “What’s going on with our Hana?”

“I’m really not sure to be completely honest. I know she’s growing up, I mean she’s about to turn thirteen in January. I know she’s not a little kid anymore, but she has been so closed off. Whenever she’s at home the first thing she does is go to her room and close the door, and that’s assuming she is home. She never wants to be at home anymore it feels like. She tries to stay over at friends houses or even Jihyo Unnie or Nayeon Unnie’s house when she can. Whenever she’s with us she is usually so quiet, especially around her dad and brother. And when she’s not quiet all she’s doing is arguing with us, especially her brother. And I know a part of growing up is going through a phase where you hate your family, and I’ve talked to my mom about it but she and I both agree this seems like something more than adolescent rebellion. Especially seeing her with Saki and Nico, they are so much younger than her yet she’s still having such a good time playing with them. She’s happier here than I have seen her at home in months.” Dahyun sighed. “And I have talked to her countless times about it. She says she’s fine. But I know she’s not.”

“Have you thought that maybe she just doesn’t feel comfortable telling you what’s wrong?” Sana asked.

“No… I guess I haven’t, but we have never had any secrets like that before.” Dahyun nodded.

“Well, why doesn’t one of us talk to her?” Mina offered. “I think it would be best if Sana tried to talk with her.”

“It’s not your fault as a parent Dahyunie, Hana is just growing up and is still learning that her mom is her best friend.” Sana giggled.

“Is your mom still your best friend?” Mina asked.

“You know she is, besides you and Momoring of course.” Sana giggled. “I don’t mind talking with her to see what’s wrong, but whatever it is, I think Dahyun should talk about it with her too.”

“Of course.” Dahyun sighed. “So, Nico’s party was very cute.”

“Everything she does is very cute.” Sana smiled. “It’s her talent.”

“Sana just loves how Nico is a mini her.” 

“She’s not a mini me she just looks and acts like I did at her age.” Sana protested. 

“So she’s your mini me.” Dahyun joined in the teasing. “It’s adorable, my daughter doesn’t even want anything to do with me so appreciate it while you can.”

“Remember when Hana and Jaehyun looked the same?” Sana laughed. “They look super different now.”

“Your telling me. I had to keep them to in specific colors so I could tell them apart. Hana always wore pink and yellow and Jaehyun always wore blue and white.” Dahyun sighed. “When they were toddlers Hana one time cut her hair off so she could match her brother and then they tortured us for weeks until her hair grew back.” 

“I always wanted a twin when I was little. It seemed fun.” Sana smiled. 

“It’s not as glamorous as it seems.” Dahyun laughed. “They both are constantly looking for favoritism. The other day Jaehyun got mad because Hana’s cookie was slightly bigger than his to which Hana said it wasn’t and it was a whole thing.”

“They are pretty independent though.” Mina remarked. “I was friends with twins growing up and the two were inseparable.”

“They used to be, it was about third grade that they stopped.” Dahyun sighed. “Anyway, speaking of school Saki is going to go to school soon.”

“Don’t remind us.” Mina sighed. “I don’t know what I’ll do with only one child in the house.” 

“Try having no children in the house during the day. It’s so boring.” Dahyun sighed. “I lost them both at the same time.”

“We still have quite a while with Nico.” Mina shrugged. “She still can barely even walk.”

“She’s pretty good at walking.” Dahyun laughed. “She chased Hana all around the living room yesterday after you gave her cake.” 

“She likes to run until she falls, oddly enough she mostly doesn’t cry when she falls unless she actually hurts herself, which is rare.” Mina shrugged. “When she falls she just pops back up.”

“She is pretty small still, it probably doesn’t even hurt because the ground is right there.” Sana laughed. “Plus she’s the type of kid who won’t let a little fall stop her. She’s usually on a mission of some kind.” 

“She’s a determined girl.” Dahyun smiled fondly at the thought of her young niece. “She’ll probably be the stubborn type when she grows up.” 

“That I can say she gets from Momo’s side of the family.” Sana sighed dramatically. “Anyway, I’m going to find Hana. Do you guys need anything while I’m inside?”

“Nope I’m good.” Dahyun smiled. “Thanks for offering unnie.”

“Of course, you may be all grown up now but you will always be my little Dahyunie.” Sana pinched Dahyun’s cheek before making her way inside. She was met with Momo sitting on the floor of the living room with Nico in her lap while Saki and Hana played with Saki’s toy dinosaurs. 

“Oka-san.” Nico yelled when she noticed Sana, reaching her arms out for her mother to be held by her.

“Hi baby.” Sana leaned down to grab Nico off Momo’s lap and kiss her cheek. “I can’t stay though, I need to talk to Hana Unnie and I’m sure she wouldn’t want you there.” Sana giggled, tapping her daughter’s nose.

“Oka-san.” Nico whined. “Oka-san hold Nico.”

“Umma will hold you okay baby girl?” Sana rubbed their noses together. Nico sighed as Sana placed her in Momo’s lap, giving her one more kiss before turning to the children playing. “Hana-chan, can you come with me for a second? Your not in trouble, don’t worry.” Sana flashed Hana a charming smiled and Hana nodded, leaving her toys on the table. 

“What’s up Auntie Sana?”

“I was talking with your mom…” Hana looked away from Sana. “She’s worried about you honey.”

“She doesn’t need to be.” Hana sighed. “I’m not doing anything wrong.”

“I didn’t accuse you of doing anything wrong sweetie.” Sana nodded. “I’m worried about you too. You can tell me.”

“Well… Um… This kid in my class, Hyungjin, we’ve been friends for a while. And the other day he asked me out on a date, and when I told my parents about it they seemed really excited even though I told them I don’t want to go at all. I agreed cause we were friends but it was really weird and didn’t feel natural at all so I told him and we agreed to just be friends but that night, before I told my family what happened, I heard my dad say something to my brother. He told him ‘I’m just happy your sister doesn’t like girls, she’s been sending those signals lately.’ But the thing is, I think I do like girls… that way. I was going to tell my parents after the date, because it kind of made me realize it more. See Hyungjin tried to kiss me and it just… it felt wrong. I didn’t find him attractive or cute the way other girls feel. The way I feel towards other girls. I thought his sister was way more attractive than him to be honest. But I don’t know. I guess, I’m a little confused.”

“So you like girls?” Sana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter