our memories pile up like the snow

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After cleaning the kids off in a mini bath they are able to dress Saki and Nico both and finally get out of the house. Saki marvels at the size of the store, buzzing with excitement when the get inside. Sana holds Saki’s hand so she wouldn’t run away. 

“What’s your favorite animal Saki?” Sana asked as Saki swung her hand. 

“I like puppies!” Saki smiled. “And I like bears, and frogs.” Saki made a bear jester and Sana’s heart melted from how cute she was. “What do you like?”

“I like dogs too, and cats. And penguins and raccoons.” Sana smiled and looked at Mina and Momo, both of whom were cleaning the cart because Mina was particular about Nico and germs.

“I like those ones with uh you know all the spikes and stuff.” Saki added.


“Porcupines?” 

“Yeah those.” Saki nodded.

“Do you like otters?” Sana asked. Sighing in relief when Mina was able to put Nico in the cart.

“What’s that?”

“I’ll show you later okay?” Saki nodded as Sana lead her into the store, making their way quickly to the kids section. Saki’s eyes go wide at the toy aisle, but Mina tells her they’ll go back to that later. They start with the sheets, Saki not very interested in them. Sana eventually just puts her in the cart with Nico and they buy purple ones to match Saki’s purple room. Saki plays with Nico, taking Nico’s hands and giving her high fives, causing Nico to laugh. They get a few lamps and a nightlight, the lamps shaped like clouds and the nightlight shaped like a frog, at Saki’s request. 

“Princess!” Saki squealed when she saw curtains with princesses on them. 

“Do you want them Saki?” Mina asked calmly, Saki nodding quickly. Mina went off to find some that fit the right measurements while Momo stayed with the cart, Sana looking over the other selections. She giggled when she found a plush children’s chair with a princess on it, asking Saki if she wanted it only for Saki to squeal and say yes. 

“You like princesses huh?” Momo asks, teasing Saki.

“I want to be a princess,” Saki nodded. 

“You are one though Saki, Nico is our princess because she’s our daughter and since your our daughter now too that makes you our other princess.” Momo explained.

“I didn’t know I was your daughter yet.” Saki mumbled surprised. 

“Do you want to be?” Momo asked, Saki nodding. “Then we would love for you too.”

“Does that mean Nico is my little sister?” Saki wrapped her arms around Nico. 

“Sure does.” Momo grinned. “I’m counting on you to be a good big sister princess Saki.” Saki giggled at Momo’s playful tone. 

“I will Auntie Momo.” Saki nodded, hugging Nico tighter. Mina put the curtains in the cart and pushed it to the aisle with art supplies. There was another lady there with a boy around Saki’s age, him waving at Saki from where he was holding his mother’s hand. Saki smiled and waved back. 

“School supply shopping?” The woman kindly asked Sana, who was looking over various colored pencils.

“Oh no, we were just getting some art equipment we feel comfortable giving to kids.” Sana nodded. “Our kids are too young for school.”

“Oh, I thought your older daughter was five,” The lady laughed. “Sorry.”

“No, she’s four, she’ll be five in December.” Sana nodded. 

“Oh well, she could still be in school if you really wanted her too, my son’s birthday is in November but he’s been driving my husband and I crazy with how much energy he has around the house and he’s ahead of the people in his pre school, so we figured why not?” The lady smiled. “But if it’s not an issue I would probably wait if I were you. Anyway, we need to go, Edmond stop making funny faces at that girl.” The little boy laughed and Sana turned to find Saki still making a silly face in the boy’s direction. Sana giggled. Kids were so sweet.

“Saki do you like art?” Saki nodded at Mina’s question. 

“I like crayons.” Saki nodded. “And markers, the purple ones though not the black ones.”

“Oh of course princess Saki,” Momo smiled at the little girl. “Markers with no black and crayons.” Momo went and got the markers while Mina grabbed a large box of crayons. Next they made it to the bathroom section. 

“What’s this stuff?” Saki asked.


“It’s for the bathroom.” Sana answered. 

“But why do you put stuff in a bathroom?” Saki asked. 

“Because it’s pretty.” Sana answered. “Look you can get a princess shower curtain.” Sana showed her. “Or a hello kitty one or a transformer one-”

“Hello kitty!” Saki squealed. “Hello kitty.”

“Okay, so hello kitty it is then.” Sana smiled and found the white and pink shower curtain. Mina found a soap dispenser in the shape of a princess and a floor mat with hello kitty on it while Momo found Saki pink and white hello kitty towels and a step stool with Disney princesses. 

“Saki do you want a new toothbrush?” Mina asked. 

“I can get a new one?”

“If you want?” Saki nodded. “Purple?”

“Yes.” Saki smiled at Mina.  

“What kind of toothpaste do you like?” Saki turned her head at Mina’s question.

“Mina babe, four year old.” Sana reminded.


“Oh right, I guess do you want toothpaste with uh Hello kitty or uh bubble guppies or uh-”

“Hello kitty!” Saki insisted again.

“Okay yeah Hello Kitty.” Mina nodded. She picked up a package of hello kitty bandaids too, knowing they would need them. Next they finally make it to the toy aisle, Mina telling Saki she could pick out five toys. Sana lifts her out of the cart and picks her up to look at the different toys, Mina looking for a toy for Nico. Momo grabs a package of glow in the dark stars, with the argument every kid needed them, and Sana read off the packages to Saki.

“Auntie Mina, we’re done!” Saki called per Sana instruction. 

“Okay.” Mina pulled Mom with her and looked at the toys.

“Saki you didn’t want princess dolls?” Momo asked. 

“I like princesses, but I like boy toys more.” Saki nodded. “Cars and legos are really fun. And pokemon. I like pokemon.” Saki nodded. 


“That’s right sweetheart, all toys are for both genders.”  Sana gave Saki a high five.

“Yeah!” Saki smiled and high fives back. Mina nodded with an amused smile and Momo took the cart with Nico and sprinted down the aisle, Nico laughing like crazy even though Mina was terrified. When they reach the checkout counter, Sana gets the kids out of the cart and starts to take them towards the car, Nico in her arms and Saki’s hand in hers. 

“Kaa-san.” Nico muttered out of nowhere, looking at Sana before yawning and grabbing Sana’s shirt.

“I know sweetheart, it’s nap time.” Right afterwards Saki yawned too. “And look Niccy, it’s nap time for Unnie too.”

“I’m not sleepy.” Saki insisted.

“Okay Saki,” Sana nodded, letting go of Saki’s hand to briefly to unlock the car and put Nico down first, before lifting Saki up into her carseat. 

“It’s okay to be sleepy Saki,” Sana whispered, grabbing an extra blanket she kept underneath Saki’s seat and putting it on her. “Everyone gets sleepy.” 

“Adults do too?”

“Yes Saki,” Sana laughed.

“Grandmother never slept around me.” Saki yawned.

“Adults sleep too baby, at night, and even sometimes during naps.” Sana nodded. “When I was little I would nap with my grandmother, she was my nap buddy.”

“No fair I want a nap buddy.” Saki pouted.

“How about this, I’ll nap with you today and if you like it we can be nap buddies.” Sana smiled. “Nico could be your nap buddy but she’s never that good of a napper, she always wakes up early or late.” Sana nodded at her sleeping daughter.

“Are you good at naps?”

“Momo is better, but it’s a close second,” Sana smiled at Saki. “I’m going to turn the car on okay?” Saki nodded and watched as Sana climbed into the front and turned the car on, Sana watching through  the mirror as Saki started to doze off from the quiet classical music coming over the radio. When Mina and Momo came back she got out to help them load the stuff into the back, putting a finger to her lips to symbolize silence. 

“You want to drive?” Mina whispered. 

“Nope, I’ll stay with the girls in the back,” Sana nodded. 

“But it’s your car.” Mina argued. 

“You can drive it.” Sana shrugged. 

“I think Sana has us drive her car more than she drives her own car.” Momo laughed to herself.

“I hate driving SUVs though.” Mina pouted. 

“Oh god fine I’ll drive.” Momo interrupted. “

“Thank you babe.” Sana kissed Momo’s check. 

“Of course, but I don’t have to do any adult stuff tonight, not even the dishes okay?” Momo asked. 

“Deal I guess.” Mina shrugged, getting into the passenger seat. Sana sat in the back seat, making sure the two sleeping kids stayed asleep. Once they got home Mina took Nico to her own room to lay down while Sana took Saki, tucking her in before leaving her room to grab an extra blanket. 

“Hey look at this, Saki needs a dentist appointment.” Momo listed off, looking over Saki’s file from her adoption. 

“Why are you rereading that babe?” Sana asked as she searched for her favorite blanket. 

“I don’t know, I was bored.” Momo shrugged. “We should probably get her a dentist appointment.”

“I’ll get her one at the one near your work, the kids one.” Mina nodded. “Also Nico has a doctors appointment soon and is getting her next round of vaccines so which one of us wants to sacrifice ourselves this time?” 

“I can do it,” Sana volunteered. “Your being dramatic love she doesn’t cry all that much.”

“Yeah but she does fuss a lot afterwards.” Mina nodded, Momo grabbing her by the waist and pulling her onto her lap as Mina walked by. “Momo!” Mina squealed as Momo kissed Mina’s cheeks. 

“Mitang your so cute,” Sana walked over to them and kissed Mina’s forehead. “I promised Saki I would be her nap buddy. I’ll be in her room.”

“Okay.” Mina nodded as Sana left the room. 

“Saki warmed up to us fast,” Momo commented, hugging Mina like she was a big teddy bear. “I have limited experience with orphans but the movies and media make it out that there all miserable and distrustful, except for Annie.”

“Saki has only been an orphan for a year, and she was only at one foster home like place, she wasn’t around long enough for her to be distrustful and messed up. She still didn’t trust us at first, but there’s no abuse in her background.” Mina shrugged. “Also you and Sana aren’t the most intimidating of presences.” Mina giggled to herself. 

“Say what you want about me but Sana is terrifying when she’s angry.” Momo nodded. “Your scary until you start speaking baby.”

“I’m intimidating.” Mina pouted. “I have to be the voice of discipline in this house or Nico and Saki would get whatever they want.”

“Really?” Momo asked amused. “So if Saki asked y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter