so many words i have saved for you linger in my mind

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Saki what do you want to wear?” Mina asked as she walked into Saki’s closet, looking through the items there. 



“I don’t know.” Saki shrugged. “Mommy’s pick.” 



“Mommy’s going to pick a dress.” 



“No!” Saki shirked. “Anything but a dress.” 



“Okay.” Mina laughed. “What about a skirt?” 



“Mommy stop.” Saki whined. 



“Fine fine.” Mina laughed. Saki was going through a phase where she refused to wear skirts or dresses unless they were her princess dresses. “Come here.” Saki ran to Mina and stood next to her leg. “Take off your pajamas for me okay kiddo?” Saki nodded and began taking off her purple button up pajamas. “Are you excited?” 



“Yes!” Saki giggled. “Haru-chan is fun. She has an older brother too!” 


“Oh yeah?” Mina asked as she picked out an outfit for Saki. “I have an older brother too.” 



“Hm… Which uncle is he?” 



“Uncle Kai, you met him in Japan remember?” Saki nodded. 



“Ohhh Uncle Kai.” Saki nodded, picking up her pajamas and putting them in her laundry hamper. 

“Good job Saki.” Mina smiled, moving closer to Saki to help her pull her shirt over her head and her pants. “Do you want to take a bag of your own stuff?” 



“Yes!” Saki smiled.

“Okay.” Mina nodded. “I’ll get you one that matches your outfit.” Saki nodded as Mina pulled a small black backpack off of Saki’s shelf and opened it for her. “What do you want to bring?” 



“I want mister dinosaur.” Mina nodded and got the dinosaur. 

“You can bring it honey but it won’t fit in your bag.” Mina informed. 



“Okay, I want some of my lollipops.” 



“Okay honey, only three though I don’t want you making yourself sick over them.” Mina got on her tiptoes to reach the glass container full of lollipops they had put the ones Saki had bought with Momo in and gabbed three of them.“Anything else?”

“Nico-chan!” Saki giggled. 

“Nico won’t fit in there.” Mina laughed.

“I know.” Saki giggled. “Snacks!” 



“There will be snacks at Haru-chan’s house.” Mina nodded. 



“Japanese snacks?” Saki asked with expectant eyes. 

“Yes honey Haru-chan is Japanese too so they also have Japanese snacks.” 

“Yay!” Saki smiled. “Okay then I don’t want anything else.” 

“

Okay Saki.” Mina handed Saki her backpack and her dinosaur. Saki smiled and hugged her dinosaur and put her backpack on. “Go find Ka-san and we’ll go okay.” 



“What about Umma and Nico-chan?” 



“Umma isn’t feeling good so Nico-chan is going to stay with her and make sure she’s better.” Mina informed. 

“Umma has a tummy ache?” 



“That’s right, she ate too much bad food and got a tummy ache.” 



“Poor Umma.” Saki frowned. 



“I know, but we’ll still have fun tonight okay?” 



“Okay!” Saki smiled.

“Go find Ka-san.” Mina instructed, Saki nodding and leaving the room. Mina turned all the lights off before going to the bedroom where Momo was laying in bed with Nico. 

“How are you feeling?” Mina asked. 

“I’m fine I just feel disgusting.” 



“This is why you don’t drink four cans of beer.”



“It was so good though.” Momo argued. 



“Good huh?” Mina asked. “Whatever we’re about to leave.” 

“Okay, I’ll text you when Nico wakes up and when I feed her.” Momo nodded. 

“Okay, remember to eat something for yourself too okay?” Mina asked. 

“Okay.” Momo nodded. “I love you.” 



“Love you too.” Mina smiled and left the room, finding Saki playing with Sana. “We’re ready.”



“Great, I finished making the Gyoza.” Sana smiled, pointing to the tray on the end table. “Let’s go then.” 



“Ka-san piggy back ride!” Saki giggled.



“Sure.” Sana smiled and put Saki on her back. “Mina can you get the food?”



“Yup.” Mina nodded, grabbing her purse. “Saki you have your backpack right?” Saki pointed to the backpack on her back. “Alright let’s go.” 



“Yay! To Haru-chan’s house!” 



xx

“Haru-chan!” Saki ran to her friend the second Sana put her down. Haru and her mother were waiting by the door, Haru smiling and giving Saki a hug. 



“Saki!” Haru responded. “Let’s go inside Mommy is letting us play on the switch.” 



“Okay!” Saki let herself be pulled inside, taking her shoes off and putting them aside as Haru pulled her along. 

“Hi.” Sana smiled as they approached Haru’s mom. 

“Sorry she was really excited for this.” 



“Oh Haru was too.” Haru’s mom nodded. “She’s been talking about it nonstop for weeks.” 



“Saki’s been the same. We were visiting her Aunts is Canada a few weeks ago and she was talking non stop about her playdate with Haru.” Mina smiled. 

“Thank you for having us Mariko-san.” Sana and Mina both bowed. 



“Oh no need to be so formal. I have a feeling we’re going to be seeing a lot of each other through our daughters.” Mariko smiled. “Please come in.” They followed her inside to the living room. 

“Haru hasn’t had a Japanese friend before, so I think she’s very happy to have Saki.” 



“We’re happy for her, this is her first playdate with us.” Sana remarked. 



“She’s adopted right?” 

“Yeah, we’ve had her for just over six months.” Mina nodded. 

“That’s amazing. She seems very comfortable with you.” Mariko smiled. “You have another child too right?”



“She’s at home with Momo. Momo wasn’t feeling well and Nico’s still a baby so we didn’t want her to be a burden. She’s still so little.” 



“Oh I bet she’s adorable.” Mariko reassured. “I have a weakness for babies but we couldn’t have more than two kids.” 



“Two is sort of the perfect number.” Sana nodded. 



“Yeah I agree.” Mariko nodded. “So your baby, how old is she?”



“She turns one in about a month.” Sana smiled. 




“Oh that’s adorable.” The lady smiled. “I swear that’s the cutest age.”

“She’s a bit of a handful though she likes to run away from us when we put her in baths.” 



“Oh Hikaru did the same thing.” Mariko laughed.


“Hikaru and Haru that’s cute.” Sana smiled. 



“Yeah my husband is Hiro.” Mariko explained. 



“That’s so cute. Saki we didn’t name but Nico is named after Sana’s grandmother.” Mina explained. 

“That’s sweet.” Mariko smiled. “Oh how rude of me, do any of you want tea?”

 

“Yes please, if it’s not too much trouble.” Mina nodded.

“Oh course, give me a minute.” Mariko mentioned as she left the room.

xx

“Nico-chan let’s watch some tv.” Nico nodded, energetic after her nap and trying to get Momo to play with her.

“No.” Nico responded, playing with the sheets. 

“Okay fine. We can go downstairs and I’ll let you play with your toys while Mama watches TV.” Momo told her daughter. “Coming up.” Momo announced as she picked her daughter up, kissing her little button nose so she would giggle. Momo couldn’t help the little swell her heart did every time she picked her daughter up. She loved Nico, and Saki, so much sometimes it was overwhelming. She loved them more than she had loved anyone besides Sana and Mina before. 

She carried Nico downstairs, getting some of her toys from the toy basket and putting them on the floor before putting Nico between all of them. Nico giggled and reached for her favorite toy, pressing the buttons and watching as the lights went off. Momo smiled before turning on the tv and turning it to something she wanted to watch. It stayed like that for a bit, Nico playing with her toys by herself while Momo watched TV, until the doorbell rang. Hime ran towards the door, barking her little heart out at the unexpected visitor. Momo shrugged before looking at Nico, giggling when they made eye contact. She picked Nico up under on of her arms, Nico taking her toy with her as Momo carried her to the door. 



“Were you expecting someone Nico-chan?” Momo asked, rubbing their noses together.

“No!” Nico giggled, shoving her toy in Momo’s face. 

“Then let’s see who it is.” Momo smiled before unlocking the door, holding Hime back with her leg so she couldn’t run out. 

“Momo.” Momo nearly dropped Nico at who was waiting for her on the other side of the door.

“Dad?” 



xx

“So what part of Japan are you guys from?” Mariko asked politely. 

“I’m from Osaka, Mina is form Kobe, and Momo is from Kyoto.” Sana answered. 

“Oh my mom lives in Osaka, my husband is originally from Tokyo and I’m originally from the Kyoto area.” Mariko explained. “We met in the Kyoto area, we both attended college there but moved to Paris right after we graduated.” 



“Oh why?”



“He got a really good job opportunity here. It was so long ago. We waited to have Hibiki and Haru to enjoy and adjust to living here in France.” Mariko explained. “What about you three?”



“We all met in Korea.” Mina explained. 



“Oh that’s cool, why were you in Korea?” Mariko asked. 



“We were at an entertainment company.” Sana bashfully explained. It was weird that she thought it was embracing to talk about being in Twice, but it was. 


“Wait were you guys Kpop idols? Explains why your all so pretty.” Mariko smiled. 



“Yeah we did it for twelve years before coming here for privacy.” Sana finished. 

“I bet it was hard to find any privacy in Asia. What group?” 



“Oh uh Twice.” Mina nodded. 

“Oh! I’ve heard of Twice! My little sister was obsessed with Twice for a long time. What year did you guys debut?”



“2015.” 



“Makes sense, Hiro and I had already moved to France at the time, I knew Twice was popular but I didn’t have much memory of seeing Twice stuff around. That’s so cool.” Mariko smiled. “Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone my daughter is friends with former twice members daughters. You guys deserve privacy.” 



“Thank you so much.” Mina nodded. “It’s been hard to find any privacy since we debuted.”



“I’m sure. Does Saki know?”



“No.” Sana laughed. “Though I’m sure she would love to see old twice videos.” 

“We’ll wait until she’s older to show her those.” Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter