even the never ending sorrow is not frightening if we hold our hands

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is she asleep?” Mina whispered as Sana quietly closed the bedroom door.

“Yeah she should be out for a while, the medicine I gave her is designed to knock her out until her fever goes down.” Sana sighed. “She got sick so fast, she was fine a few hours ago.”

“I know, but her immune system is sensitive, it’s not surprising she got sick considering how many people she was around.” Mina sighed and flopped onto the bed. 

“Mi-chan,” Sana whispered, gesturing for Mina to move over. Mina nodded and rolled to the side so Sana could lie next to her. Sana wrapped her arms around Mina before kissing her cheek then tucking her face into the crook of Mina’s neck.

“Are you tired?”

“A bit,” Sana answered. “It is pretty late, and I did just spend an hour trying to get our sick baby comfortable enough to fall asleep.” 

“How high was her fever when she fell asleep?” Mina wrapped her arms around Sana’s waist.

“About one hundred even, it will hopefully go down with her sleep.” Sana yawned. “Where’s Mo?”

“She said she was getting a glass of water before bed,” Mina answered. 

“Mi-chan,” Sana whispered. 

“Yes?” Sana suddenly slipped their positions and ran her signers through Mina’s hair.

“You need rest too, you drove the whole way home.” Sana whispered. “I love you.”

“I know,” Mina answered, letting out a yawn herself. “I love you too.” Sana smiled at Mina and kissed her partner’s temple. They fell into a small silence, Mina slowly falling asleep lulled by Sana’s heart beat and gentle breathing. Mina was almost asleep by the time Momo snuck back into the bedroom. Momo closed the door before joining the two on the bed. 

“We really should take advantage of this, it’s rare we don’t have to worry about Nico waking up.” Sana whispered. 

“Yeah, but I’m tired.” Momo whined. “I think I would fall asleep before ing if we tried to have .”

“Fair point,” Sana sighed. “Maybe tomorrow?”

“We’ll see,” Mina leaned up and kissed Sana’s cheek. “Love you guys.”

“I love you too Mi-chan.” Sana kissed Mina’s forehead. “And I love you Momoring.” Sana kissed Momo’s lips slowly. 

“I love you Satang, I love you Mi-chan.” Momo whispered, giving Sana another peck on the lips before leaning over and giving a soft peck to Mina’s lips. Momo pulled away and yawned, cuddling into Sana’s side. “Goodnight.”

“Night cutie.” Sana giggled. “Night beautiful,” She directed at Mina. Sana buried her face into Mina’s neck, her hand on Momo’s back. 

“Goodnight Sana, goodnight Momo.” Mina gained at the two, pressing her nose to Sana’s hair and smelling her love’s soft hair. Lavender. Of course. 

 

xx

 

The morning started normal enough. Mina had to untangle herself from her two loves to make breakfast for her and Nico. She checked on the sleeping child, frowning a bit at her high temperature before letting her rest and leaving to make breakfast. Sana awoke not long after her, and hugged her tightly as Mina prepared a simple breakfast, peppering kisses to Mina’s cheeks as she went. 

It all seemed normal, until Momo ran downstairs with a panicked look on her face.

“What’s wrong baby?” Sana asked, leaving Mina to hug Momo tightly. 

“Guys, , someone, in Paris, someone noticed us and sent it to a news sight and now it’s everywhere-”

“What?” Mina asked, the ladle she was holding falling out of her hand.

“We’re out.” Momo muttered. 

“.” Sana groaned. “This is my fault, I kissed you two.”

“Sana, this, this is not your fault.” Momo sighed. “It was bound to come out eventually.”

“Mina…?” Sana turned to the shocked woman behind her. “Are you okay?” Mina looked at Sana before looking at Momo. Her eyes welled up with tears as her hands shook. 

“I told you to stop, we were supposed to be more careful!” Mina screamed before running out of the room, pushing Momo and Sana out of her way. 

“ Momoring I need to go talk to her-” Momo grabbed Sana by her waist to prevent her from running off.

“Just let her get it out.” Momo sighed against Sana’s ear. “It’s just, it always been Mina’s biggest fear. You know how she is about people knowing. She loves us, but she wants to keep our love between us. She’s a private person, and after having every aspect of her life watched by being an idol for so long she craves privacy.”

“I know, I know, I ed up Momo.”

“You didn’t, I wanted to kiss you too.” Momo whispered. “I love kissing you. Especially when you look so pretty.” Momo tucked a strand of Sana’s hair behind her ear. “She’ll forgive you, just give her time.”

“Your right,” Sana sighed, melting against Momo’s body. 

“We’ve gotten a lot of interview requests, you want to go through them together?” Momo asked.

“We’re not agreeing to anything without Mina right?”

“Of course not, but there are a lot of questions about us, and a lot of questions about Nico.” Momo sighed. “Especially on social media.”

“I can handle social media.” 

“Don’t you dare look, I don’t know how bad the comments will be, and I’m scared for you to see them.” Momo whispered. “We’ll just pick one interview, and we can answer all the questions there.”

“Alright,” Sana sighed. “Okay, I need to go see Nico. Mina said she still has a fever and right now, I think I just need to be near her.”

“Okay, I’ll finish breakfast,” Momo released her grip on Sana’s waist. Sana kissed her cheek before leaving the room. 

As Sana made her way upstairs, she looked at all the photos hanging on the walls. There were some of Nico, of course, but they were mostly pictures of Sana, Mina, and Momo. Some from when they were trainees, some from when they were idols, some from when they travelled the world together, some from their house. The photos captured their lives perfectly, showing their progression from teenagers to young adults to women. They looked so happy, in every photo. Sana’s heart ached. She hoped they would be that happy again, after what she had done. 

 

xx

 

“How’s she doing?” Momo asked from the entrance to Nico’s bedroom.

“Not good, her fever keeps getting higher,” Sana sighed. “We should probably take her to the doctor soon.” Sana felt her hand getting wet from resting on Nico’s sweaty forehead but she would leave it there for as long as Nico needed it there. 

“Yeah,” Momo groaned. “Mina took my car.”

“Why yours?”

“I don’t know,” Momo sighed. “She just needs time to brood, she’ll be back later.” 

“I know,” Sana’s hand adjusted itself on the sleeping baby’s forehead. “Momoring?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you get me my phone? I want to ask my mom about Nico.”

“Course babe.” Momo kissed her cheek as she left the room. Sana looked at the sleeping baby, she was cuddled with a stuffed tiger Chaeyoung had given her ages ago. Her face was flushed and she was shivering a bit even under the warm comforter Sana had put on her earlier. Sana sighed and reached over to grab Nico’s baby blanket and dropping it over Nico for extra warmth. “Here you go babe.” Momo announced as she came back into the room and handed Sana her phone. Sana frowned, she had so many notifications. She heard Momo flop down on a chair behind her and she looked at Nico before face timing her mother. 

“Sana-chan?” Sana’s mom asked in Japanese. Sana smiled a bit at her mother’s voice. She would always love her mother and miss her when they didn’t talk for too long. No matter how old she got, her mother would always be her mother. “What’s up?”

“Mom,” Sana called her mom in Japanese. “Nico is running a fever and I want your opinion.”

“How high?”

“Right now it’s about one hundred and one, it keeps going up even though we gave her medicine.” Sana sighed. 

“Have you taken her to the doctor?”

“We were going too if she gets worse. But she’s really cold and uncomfortable, do you have any ideas on how to help her?” Sana looked at her mother’s blurry face in desperation. 

“A warm bath always helps, turn on the heater in her room, and close her windows. If she hasn’t eaten give her a warm bottle.” Sana’s mom listed. “Hey, I saw the news this morning.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Sana apologized. “It’s my fault.” 

“Sana it’s okay. Are you guys okay? Do you need me and your father to fly out and watch Nico or anything?”

“Stop suggesting that mom,” Sana let out a small chuckle. “You know dad is too old for the long flight, his back would start to hurt.”

“That’s because you made him carry you even as an adult,” Sana saw her mother roll her eyes. “Just say the words Sana, we don’t have anything better to do now that your father and I are both retired. We haven’t gotten to see Nico in person yet, we’re excited. She’s really adorable in all the pictures you send.”

“Sorry mom, but you know dad has been busy even in retirement.”

“He’ll always make time for you, your his little princess, he’s a bit disappointed you haven’t invited us yet.” Sana’s mom chuckled. 

“Mom I’m an adult,” Sana whined, glaring at Momo when her partner started laughing behind her. “Anyway, I’ll tell you if we need help, for now we’re fine okay?”

“Okay, text me when Nico gets better alright?” 

“Okay mom, I will. I love you, talk to you later.” 

“I love you too Sana-chan.” Sana’s mom said before hanging up. Sana decided to chance it and look at some of the thousands of notifications on her phone after her mom’s blurry image disappeared. She started with instagram, fans were less cruel there. Her account had been flooded with comments and DM’s and mentions and Sana felt a bit overwhelmed with the sheer volume of content about her. The first thing she noticed was a lot of misinformation about Nico was flying around. Some people said she was Sana and her husband’s (what husband? Sana would never know) child and there was even one theory that Nico was kidnapped. Sana scoffed at that one, Nico was defiantly her child, and she didn’t kidnap her own baby. Then she started to notice theories about their relationship. Some said she was dating either Mina or Momo and the other was like a mistress but others said they were just really close friends. The ones that got it correct called it disgusting. Sana struggled to find any positive comments anywhere. 

“Stop,” Momo commanded as she came over to Sana. “It’s only going to hurt you more.”

“But people are so wrong. Your not my mistress and I didn’t kidnap Nico.”

“Is that what people think?” Sana nodded at Momo’s question. “Dear god we need to pick an interview and do it quick.”

“How about I just end this now?” Sana suggested.

“What are you going to do?” Momo asked suspiciously.

“Post something on Instagram. About Nico and about us.”

“You need to ask Mina first she may not want us to confirm anything yet.”

“Then I’ll just post about Nico, people are saying bad things about her Mo and that’s not okay. Please just let me, I won’t say anything about you and Mina, I just need to stop this insanity before child services shows up.” Sana begged, reaching for her phone as Momo held it away from her. 

“Fine,” Momo handed Sana her phone. “But I’m not protecting you from Mina.”

“Yeah, I know.” Sana sighed. “What’s your favorite picture of Nico?”

“Christmas photo, you know the one where she has a little reindeer onesie?” Sana nodded. 

“She was much younger back then,” Sana commented as she scrolled through her camera roll. 

“Yeah she’s grown a lot in the past half year. It makes me emotional.” Momo smiled looking over the baby. “I’ll go close her window and turn on her white noise machine, and I’ll go turn up the heat while you work on this.”

“Thank you Momo.” Sana s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter