the best thing I never did was that I never broke up with you two

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mommy,” Saki yawned as she walked into the living room, a fuzzy blanket around her shoulders dragging behind her. Her dinosaur was tucked under her left arm, her purple dinosaur pajamas on. Saki’s hair was a mess, and she looked like she had just woken up. Mina instantly sprang to her feet and picked Saki up, checking the time on her smartwatch. 

“Saki? What are you doing out of bed it’s two in the morning? Did you have another accident?” Mina asks. 

“Uh-uh.” Saki nodded. “Can’t sleep.” Mina nodded, ignoring the television. “What’s that?” Saki pointed to the tv show on the screen. 

“It’s a show about cleaning and organizing.” Mina was only slightly embarrassed her daughter caught her at two in the morning watching Marie Kondo. Just slightly. 

“Adult stuff?” Saki asked. 

“Adult stuff.” Mina nodded. “But if you want you can watch it with me for a bit until you fall asleep.” Saki nodded and Mina sat them down on the couch, adjusting her blanket nest so Saki could be under it too. Marie Kondo was one of the most child friendly shows Mina watched, so she did’t mind Saki watching it with her, maybe Saki would even learn a thing or two. Saki was very concentrated on the mess of English and Japanese on the television, Mina found her cute. Saki had a tendency to focus quite a bit, especially for someone her own age. Nico would do the same, she focused on her little toys, and more specifically dropping her little toys all over the floor when she was in her high chair. Mina loved and hated it.

“Mommy,” Saki pokes her at the end of the episode. “Let go I wanna clean my room.”

“Saki it’s two am please go to sleep.” Mina nodded. Picking Saki up to tuck her in.

“Please?” Saki used her baby voice and puppy dog eyes and Mina couldn’t say no the that and settled on just picking up the toys scattered across Saki’s floor. She was impressed by her daughter, she made piles and arranged things in the best way possible. Mina thought she might be raising an organizational genius, she loved it. She taught Saki to fold her clothes, Saki nodded and copying Mina. Mina completely forgot how to late it was, organizing Saki’s room with her was actually a lot of fun. And Mina liked it because it meant Saki would stop having to ask her where her stuff is, though Mina doubted Saki would remember any of this. Saki’s technique for toys was taking as many as she could and rearranging them in the box until they  all fit. 

Mina wasn’t like Jeongyeon in the sense that everything had to be clean, though a clean house was nice it rarely lasted, she just like organization. And if organizing was an excuse to not leave the house she would be happy to do it. However Momo and Sana, as much as Mina loved them, could kind of be a mess. She can’t count how many times she’s had to reorganize Nico’s room just to keep her elaborate method. Sana’s especially bad. She would throw all her clothes around and never know where her stuff is. Mina loved her, but she would love her more if Sana and her could organize Sana’s closest together, maybe their now organization obsessed four year old could help. Mina nodded, maybe Saki could organize Nayeon’s house, the house Mina thought was unorganizable. 

Mina fell asleep in Saki’s bed with Saki, after reading half of a story about a boy who went to the moon. 

 

xx

 

“Mommy I wanna watch it again.” Saki declares the next morning. 

“Marie Kondo?” Mina asked for clarification. Saki nods and Mina giggles to herself before turning on the tv and letting Saki busy herself with that while Sana finishes dressing Nico and Momo finishes doing the dishes. 

“What’s Saki watching?” Momo asks as Mina came back to the kitchen. 

“Marie Kondo.” Mina shrugged. 

“Why?” Momo asks suspiciously. 

“She caught me watching it late last night and now I think she’s a little obsessed, we reorganized her whole room last night.” Mina ended her statement with a yawn. 

“Why?” Momo asked again.

“Not sure, but Saki’s a huge fan of organizing now.” Mina answered, taking a plate from Momo’s hand to dry it off. 

“Why is our four year old so weird? Like she can talk really well and likes organizing, are we sure she’s not just a small OCD grandmother.” Momo joked. 

“I don’t know,” Mina giggled. “It’s sweet.”

“It’s something else.” Momo nodded. “Anyway, she has dance class today.”

“Okay, Sana is going to a volunteer meeting downtown later so I guess it’s just me and Nico today.” Mina nodded. “Maybe I can start organizing the house more.” 

“Oh god this is how it starts,” Momo rolled her eyes. 

“Come on.” Mina giggled. “It’s good for us.”

“I know,” Momo nodded. “If it makes you happy it would be cute to watch you do that, maybe you can say hello to the house like Marie does in that show.”

“Hey-”

“You are kinda tiny like her. Defiantly cute like her.” Momo giggled as Mina blushed. 

“I’m going to go check on Saki.” Mina dried her hands off on a red kitchen towel. “Run the dishwasher when you are done.”

“Of course babe.” Momo giggled, leaning over to peck Mina’s cheek. Mina goes back to Saki sitting with her shirt off as she tried to fold it like Marie was doing on the television. Mina nodded and went to go find Saki a new shirt to practice on so she could keep wearing her normal one. Maybe her daughter was weird, but Mina was a little weird too. Sana and Momo were too. Maybe they all a little weird. 

 

xx

 

They had completely forgotten how they had planned to go to Korea in August. It had been planned an entire six months in advance, and it had easily slipped their minds. They didn’t even remember until a week before Mina got an email from the flight company about their confirmation. 

“So, I guess we should just cancel the flight it seems like too much to go all the way to Korea right now.” Sana nodded and flopped backwards onto the bed. 

“Well hey maybe it would be fun, we could take Saki to Jeju or Lotte World, it will be really different with kids.” Momo argued. 

“I’m with Sana on this one,” Mina sighed. “Besides we only have four seats.”

“Wait why four?” Momo asked.

“We were going to give Nico her own this time.” Mina answered. “I’ll cancel the flights and the hotel it’s fine maybe when we go to Japan for Christmas.” 

“But I want to go, I miss Seoul.” Momo pouted. 

“I do too baby,” Sana turned over to look Momo in the eyes. “But we have kids now. It’s harder to travel with them.”

“I want the girls to travel though, I want them to see the world.” Momo answered. “It was one of my biggest regrets, not seeing the world at a young age. And hey maybe while we are in Korea we can pop over to Kobe and Mina’s mom can cook us some really good food and our kids grandparents can spoil them a bit more. It’s summer there aren’t even that many students in my studio left that aren’t away traveling. It will be easy for me to take some time off.” 

“Maybe we can visit Hana Unnie.” Sana suggested.

“Can we?” Momo looked up with the biggest puppy dog eyes. Momo missed her sister, it was clear to all of them she did. It was clear she missed her parents too, but Sana and Mina knew not to bring it up. They knew the best thing to do was hug Momo until she stopped crying, she would cry when she thought about her family too much.

“Okay, maybe.” Mina nodded. “Let’s ask Saki in the morning.”

“Of course.” Sana nodded, rolling over in the bed until she was between Mina and Momo. She soothed both of them in kisses, both of Sana’s favorite women giggling and kissing back.

xx

 

They decide to go to Korea, it would be fun to show Saki around and Mina really wanted to see Saki organize Nayeon’s house. They had finally gotten to Sana’s closet, which Mina had been trying to get too for years. 

As shown in the show Saki made her Okaa-san pile all her clothes in a mountain on the bed. Mina nodded when she saw how big it was, her wife really did have too much clothing. She was the one who was known for wearing name brands but Sana was something else just by sheer volume. They had collected clothes when they were in twice, sometimes not even meaning too. They play the “does this spark joy” game with Sana, and are able to separate the non wanted items from the wanted. Saki then demonstrates how she learned to fold, though it did take her a few tries to remember how. 

Sana nods and whispers to Mina she can’t believe their four year old was lecturing her on organization but Mina can believe it. Saki had become obsessed with the Marie Kondo show, she had even started organizing her sister’s stuff. Mina wondered if this was a sign of adolescent OCD. Saki was never pushy about it though. She was kind of like Marie Kondo herself, seeing messes as a kind of puzzle to solve, Saki thought they were fun. Mina realized maybe they were raising the next Marie Kondo. 

 

xx

 

“I downloaded Marie Kondo and some Sailor moon for you Saki,” Mina informs as they arrive at the airport. 

“Okay,” Saki said from her carseat. “Where are we going?”

“Korea.” Sana turns to smile at her daughter. 

“Korea?” Saki asks excitedly.

“Yes baby, it’s very far away, so we’re going to be on this thing called a plane for awhile, there a potty and you’ll be able to sleep and watch tv while we are on it.” Sana explained. “And you can watch movies too. We’ll help you. Planes go above the clouds.” Sana nodded.

“Woah.” Saki muttered. 

“Your ears might feel weird but don’t freak out just tell one of us, also we have to go through security but and you’ll have to walk through a metal detector. It’s okay though honey we’ll help you.” Momo added. “That’s why we packed all your clothes in that little suitcase we bought you.”

“Packed!” Saki repeated the word, she had a tendency to do that when she wasn’t familiar with a word. It was cute that that was her process. 

“Yup,” Momo giggled. “You packed for your sister too.” It was true, Sana had set all of Nico clothes out to be put in her little baby suitcase but Saki had beat her too it.

Sana had decided, in the process of buying their girls suitcases, she was so happy they had little girls. There were so many cute suitcases available for all kids but Sana loved the overly pink ones with stickers and hearts. If they had a boy, they wouldn’t stop him from buying something like that, but Sana knew it would be awkward for the boy. Sana felt bad about that, but she couldn’t completely change the world, just work to make it better. That included teaching her daughters clothes and toys had no specific gender connotations. 

Once Mina parked in the airport they started unloading their suitcases, the adults all wearing face asks and sunglasses. Saki didn’t question, instead too entertained by sitting on her roll suitcase. Mina kept a tight grip on the leach, she wasn’t risking Saki getting run over. Nico was tired, it was early in the morning and Nico didn’t take well to people interrupting her sleep. She was like Sana in that sense, Sana being the one to carry the grumpy baby through the airport. 

Saki marvels at the size of the airport, and Mina, Sana, and Momo forgot how excited kids got over travel. When they are putting their suitcases on the counter to be checked Saki insists on picking up her own suitcase and her sister’s, smiling when Momo pet her hair and told her she did a good job. Sana’s suitcase weighs the most, it always does, but at least that part went easy enough.

Security was another exciting adventure to Saki. Her parents found it funny, they thought security was annoying and terrible and their four year was out here having the time of her life. She even unvelcroed her own shoes, watching as they went through the conveyor belt. She amused herself watching the bags come out of the conveyor belt. She almost forgot to even put her own shoes on, Mina had to remember when she saw them setting next to Saki and put them on Saki while Saki wasn’t looking. 

Once security is finally through with they grab some snacks and take Saki to get some breakfast. Saki gets yogurt and a part of Momo’s blueberry muffin. Nico gets cereal, but she isn’t really having it so Sana has to cuddle the baby to try and get her to cheer up at least a little. Nico nodded and snuggled close to Sana in the baby carrier Sana was wearing.

“Nico,” Sana tried to play with the baby, Nico only whining and and marrying her face into Sana’s chest. “Someone’s in a bad mood.”

“I think she’s just really tired,” Momo yawned. “I”m right there with you kiddo.”

“You guys can sleep on the plane.” Mina shrugs. “Saki-chan let’s go potty before getting on the plane okay?” 

“Okay,” Saki nodded and took Mina’s hand. 

“Do either of you guys have to go to the bathroom before we go?” Mina asks. “Is Nico good?”

“Yeah Nico and I are fine,” Sana nods taking another bite of her yogurt. 

“I’ll come with you guys,” Momo nodded. “Did you remember to buy water for the flight?”

“I did,” Mina nodded, and Momo smiled as they went off the to girls restroom. Sana cleans up while they wait for the others to return, Sana trying her best to put Nico back to sleep. 

Boarding the plane was another adventure for Saki, it didn’t help that Mina had booked first class tickets. Saki’s seat was between Sana’s and Mina’s, Nico starting the flight on top of Sana. Momo, who was in front of Saki help her set up her headphones and start Hercules while Mina pulled out the blankets and stuffed animals all of them would need. 

Take off was chaotic, Saki’s ears popped and of course she freaked out. Mina had to try and calm Saki over the divider between their seats. Once they reached the peak altitude though Saki was calm watching her movie. Sana passes Nico to Mina so she could hopefully nap a bit but Saki takes that as an invitation to join Sana in her seat, Sana unbuckling her seatbelt and letting Saki lay down with her. Thankfully they both fit and were laying down together while watching a movie and cuddling. Sana Saki’s hair as Saki continued her movie on the monitor in Sana’s seat. Sana watched the movie for a bit, looking down and nothing Saki was fast asleep in her arms. Sana nodded and kissed Saki’s forehead before falling asleep herself, the movie still playing through Saki’s headphones. 

 

xx

 

The long plane ride is full of randomly waking up because of Nico and Saki starting multiple movies only to fall asleep halfway through. Sana eventually has Saki move back to her own seat when they hit a patch of turbulence, to make sure Saki had her seat belt. Saki was half asleep through that all anyway, she didn’t even remember it when Sana woke her up to eat. 

Nico sleeps for almost the whole flight herself, and they are both confused until Momo admits she slipped some baby sleeping medicine into Nico’s last bottle of milk so they wouldn’t be those people on the plane with a screaming baby. 

The bathroom breaks are thankfully minimal, since as Momo found out her and Saki both didn’t really fit in the thighs space enough for both of them to use the restroom and wash their hands at the same time. 

Once they land, it’s morning in Korea. Saki, who had been practically bouncing in excitement to get on the plane, was more than happy to get off. Nico was finally awake enough to start having it again. Mina took the girls to the airport playground to stretch their legs a bit while Sana and Momo got coffee. Iced coffee, it was significantly hotter in Korea than it was in their northern French town. They text Jihyo that they landed, it was a bit earlier than they were supposed to. After getting coffee they find Mina and rearrange who’s holding what so one of them can carry the kids backpacks and the others could hold the drinks. 

They decide to go get their luggage and Saki gets to ride on her little wheels suitcase again, this time Nico on it as well, they go slower, with both girls on it it was more likely one would get hurt. 

“Jihyo!” Sana runs to her friend when she spots Jihyo. 

“Hi Sana,” Jihyo nodded and wrapped Sana in a huge hug. 

“Jihyo-ya!” Momo joined the hug and Jihyo laughed at her friends, looking up at Mina and gesturing for her to join the hug. Mina giggled and did, pulling away when Saki pulled on her sleeve. Mina b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter