its not frightening if we hold our hands

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a bit of angst is coming in the next chapter just a warning 

 

Milan was a fun and easy trip for them. Nico had fun as they walked around and got to try Momo’s peach gelato and to celebrate her seventh month of life she found herself with a new stuffed bear, the brown bear having a ribbon decorated with the Italian flag tied around it’s neck. Sana suggested they start a collection, every country Nico goes too she gets a bear from there. Momo had agreed, thinking it was cute. Mina had later agreed, seeing how cute Nico got over the bear. They go shopping in every type of store, fancy and casual, and they all get new clothes. Nico most notably so, considering she was quickly out growing her other clothing. The house was nice and they had basically ruined the sheets considering Nico was sleeping really well in the warm Italian environment, once they had figured out she needed ocean noises to fall asleep. They had never been more thankful for Mina’s idea of buying a white noise machine long before Nico was born, and for her idea to pack it. Nico had gotten used to sleeping with the sound of the ocean recently, Sana had been opening her window to get fresh air and when the window was opened, one could finally hear the ocean they lived right next to. They’re walls were thick, and normally it couldn’t be heard,  but when the window was opened the sound of the ocean became clear.

Their rental house has a stereo and Momo plays her favorite playlist from her phone and picks up Nico by her and dances with the baby, who giggles and plays along as Momo flew her around. They giggle when TT came on and Momo takes Nico’s baby hands and makes he hand motions. Nico laughed and  Sana took a video and put it on her private Instagram. After taking a couple videos Sana throws her phone onto the couch and joins Momo as more old Twice songs come on, dancing in practiced motions, Mina joining them. And all of them laughing before falling into a lump on the floor. Nico falls asleep soon after and Sana drags Momo with her to the shower and Mina nodded before laying back in their rental bed. 

On the last night of their visit, Nico decides she wants to sleep with her mothers and won’t let anything else stand. She sleeps between Sana and Momo, Mina spooning Momo and resting her head on her shoulder. Nico holds onto Sana and Momo’s hands as she sleeps and Mina takes a picture of her little sweetheart. The next morning their train leaves early in the morning and Nico was exhausted as she slept on top of Momo. 

Sana had approached the topic when they got home. She had been asked by a friend in town to help organize the annual pride parade and she had wanted the three of them to attend, together. Mina had been worried, but Momo had always wanted to attend a pride parade and Sana had too and Mina had rolled her eyes and decided to sign them, and Nico, up. 

The day before they were supposed to go, Momo had a day off and they were all having a lazy afternoon, with plans to go out to the beach later. Nico was watching a baby tv show in Korean on their television while cuddling with Sana and Sana had her face in a book, Momo was scrolling through her social media feed laying upside on a chair, and Mina was playing video games. The doorbell rang and suddenly their dog started barking and running to the door, the sounds spooking Nico.

“Nico-chan it’s okay it’s just the doorbell,” Sana whispered, appeasing the child. Sana tickled Nico’s stomach and Nico giggled, her earlier whining gone. Sana kissed her cheek before opening the lock on the door, making sure to extend one foot towards their dog to attempt to hold her back. 

“Surprise looser!” Nico almost started crying at the loud screaming and Sana would have been mad if she wasn’t so shocked. Hime jumped onto the person, angry at them for spooking her little master. 

“Nayeon… Unnie?” Sana asked, tilting her head. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m not alone,” Nayeon grinned and stepped to the side, revealing Jihyo, and Dahyun behind her. Nayeon reached down a picked up the dog, patting her head. “Hey cutie.” 

“But… Why?” Sana asked. 

“Well, we are all going to be busy around Nico’s first birthday, so we decided to surprise the little princess early.” They grinned. “Jeongyeon had to take a later flight and Chaeyoung and Tzuyu will be catching a ride with her.”

“What about your families?”

“Daeyoung has the kids at our hotel, figured we would stop by first.” Nayeon shrugged.


“Yeah our husbands and kids are getting checked into the hotel, it seems nice we’re staying at the one on the beach.” Jihyo smiled at them. “Anyway, let us in we have gifts.”

“Guys Nico’s birthday is nearly half a year away.” Sana laughed at them. Nayeon set the excited dog down and she sniffed Dahyun, who looked more than a bit spooked, and Jihyo before running to her doggie bed in the living room.

“It’s not her fault for having a birthday during a busy time.” Dahyun shrugged. “Also why have I not been to your house before, it’s so nice…” Dahyun muttered. 

“Thank you,” Sana giggled. “Mina! Momo!” Sana called into the house. “We have guests.” If she strained her ears she could hear Mina’s groans as she forced herself off the couch. 

“Who is it?” Mina groaned, wrapping a blanket over herself protectively.

“Minari!” Nayeon cheered as she ran over to hug Mina. 

“Unnie? What are you doing here?"

“Visiting, duh.”

“Yeah, but why?” Mina asked. 

“Nico’s birthday.”

“Nico’s birthday isn’t until late October and it’s early June.” Mina asked confused. 

“We’’ll all be too busy to make the trip out, so we wanted to celebrate now,” Jihyo shrugged. Mina rolled her eyes and pushed Nayeon off her and hugged Jihyo. 

“Nayeonie!”

“Momoring!” Nico put her hands over her ears at the loud screaming and Sana and Dahyun, the two closest to the baby, couldn’t help but laugh. 

“It’s okay Nico-ya, they’re crazy, but don’t worry about them.” Dahyun giggled at the baby. “Gosh your so cute,” Dahyun gushed, pinching Nico’s cheeks. 

“Dahyunie aren’t you going to give Unnie a hug?” Sana pouted. 

“Ugh fine,” Dahyun rolled her eyes and hugged Sana. “Want to give me a tour? Considering I’ve never been here before.”

“Sure, Nayeon Unnie you want to come with us on our house tour?”

“Yeah!” Nayeon released Momo and turned her attention to the baby in Sana’s arms. “Your still just as cute as the last time I saw you.” Nayeon pinched the baby’s nose. 

“Unnie she doesn’t like that.” Sana nodded her head as Nico tried to retaliate against Nayeon. “Calm down love Auntie didn’t mean any harm.” Sana whispered to her baby. 

“Here,” Mina handed Sana a stuffed animal, and Nico was instantly pacified. 

“She really likes stuffed animals huh?”

“Yes, very much so, we can’t get her away from them most of the time,” Mina answered Jihyo’s question. “They will calm her no matter how bad she’s feeling, one time as a newborn she was super sick and the only way to get her to sleep and to stop crying was by giving her her stuffed animals.”

“What a cutie pie,” Nayeon smiled at the baby. “Come on sweetheart, you need to show Auntie around.” Nayeon smiled at the baby. Nico looked at her curiously before reaching for Sana and burying her face into Sana’s shoulder. 

“We’re only an hour away from nap time, she’s probably getting a bit sleepy,” Sana explained. “I’ll show you around.” Sana lead them away from the door and offered her friends slippers as they made their way inside their house. After a quick tour, Sana collapsed on the living room couch with Nico as the baby clutched tightly to her. 

“You guys house is huge.” Dahyun commented. “And it’s so close to the beach, I knew it was close, but it’s like on the beach.”

“Yeah it’s fun, and it’s basically a private sliver of beach because there’s two cliffs around us.” Momo smiled. “We were going to go out later if you wanted to join us.”

“Love too,” Dahyun grinned at her friends. “Also what’s that piano in your lounge about? Have you been practicing?”

“It came with the house, I knew you would be interested in it.” Sana smiled at Dahyun. “Mina and Momo have been trying to learn to play it when they think I’m not listening. Also Mina wants to put Nico in lessons once she’s big enough to touch the keys.”

“It’s a nice piano, I’m surprised someone would just leave it.” Dahyun sighed. “We don’t have the space for a grand piano so we just have a keyboard.”

“Your welcome to mess with it if you want.” Sana smiled at Dahyun. 

“Maybe later,” Dahyun muttered as she fell onto the couch. 

“Are you taking a nap?” Sana asked with a giggle as Dahyun closed her eyes. 

“Maybe…” Dahyun muttered. Sana smiled at her friend and put a blanket around her before walking upstairs into Nico’s room and getting her ready for her nap. She made sure the window was open and Nico fell asleep slowly as Sana hummed her a simple tune. Sana smiled and kissed her before going downstairs to where everyone had settled on watching a movie, Dahyun now awake and happily munching on some popcorn with Momo. Sana grinned and sat down in Momo’s lap, Momo holding her waist with one hand as Sana fed her popcorn. 

 

xx

 

“Hm what should we wear today princess?” Sana asked as she dug through Nico’s closet.

“What about her little yellow dress? That’s cute.” Momo replied as she changed Nico’s diaper.

“Hm, but I wanted her to wear that tomorrow, it matches the pale rainbow paint I bought.” Sana muttered. “Maybe her white dress?”

“She will get stains on it, and remember how long you spent trying to get those off last time she wore white?” Momo shrugged. “She doesn’t need to be too dressed up we’re just hanging out with our friends.”

“And going out to dinner later.” Sana argued. “How about her pale blue dress?”

“That should work.” Momo shrugged. “No stains this time baby girl.” Momo playful scolded the little girl on the changing table. Nico giggled as Momo tickled her sides. “Let’s get you dressed princess.” Momo smiled and picked up the baby in front of her and went over to Sana’s side. Sana handed her the dressed and Momo made quick work of getting it onto Nico.

“Do you know when Mina said we’re leaving?” Sana asked as Momo made sure Nico’s dress was buttoned in the back. 

“She said around five thirty. We still have an hour to get ready.” Momo looked at her smart watch on her wrist before kissing Nico’s forehead and pulling away from her. 

“Okay, are you going to take a shower?”

“Probably not, I took one this morning so I should be fine.” Momo shrugged. “Nico took a bath last night right?”

“Yeah, and she splashed water on my bra again,” Sana bent down until her face was level with the baby’s. “You mischievous little girl.” Sana nuzzled her nose on Nico’s affectionately and Nico giggled. “I swear she has a thing for my bras though, she always finds a way to ruin them. When she was younger she would always find a way to pull on them or spit on them while she was eating, and now she always splashes them.” Sana sighed.

“Maybe she just doesn’t like you in bras, I know I don’t.” Momo shrugged casually. 

“ert.” Sana pouted. “Nico do you hate Ka-san’s bras?”

“Yes.” Nico responded. 

“Really now? What about Umma’s bras? Do you hate those?”

“Yes.”

“Sana she says yes to literally any question. Nico-ya is Umma the best in the universe?”

“Yes.” Nico latched onto Sana as she was lifted into the air. 

“Is Ka-san better than Umma?”

“Yes.” Nico nodded her head. Sana laughed and kissed Nico’s nose. 

“Let’s stop while we’re ahead,” Momo grumbled. “Nico what stuffed animal are we feeling today? Mr Shark?” Nico nodded and clapped her hands when Momo pulled a shark stuffed animal out of Nico’s stuffed animal box. “Mr shark it is."

“Baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo,” Sana sang as Momo slowly swam the shark towards the child. Nico giggled as Momo pretended the shark was swimming around her before finally handing it over and Nico cuddling with the stuffed animal. “God I’ll never get tired with how cute she is.”

“Same,” Momo replied, patting Nico’s head. “Mina’s waiting for us downstairs, is Nico’s bag good?”

“I restocked it two days ago so it should be fine, we might need extra baby wipes though, with all the kids together in one place there are bound to be quite a few spills.” Sana suggested.

“Good point, I’ll just get a second pack,” Momo went over to Nico’s changing table and bent down to the bottommost drawer and pulled out an unopened package of animal printed baby wipes. 

“Also I think her extra set of pajamas somehow migrating out of the bag if you want to grab some and put them in that would be great.” Sana watched as Momo put the baby wipes away and went to Nico’s closet, returning with a tiny outfit consisting of pink footie pajamas. “I think she’s all set if you want to go take her down to Mina while I take a shower.” Momo nodded and slung the pink and yellow baby bag over her shoulder before stealing Nico from her lover’s embrace. 

“Let’s watch some more tv baby girl, I know you got interrupted earlier.” Momo grinned at her little girl and carried her downstairs, meeting the already dressed Mina on the couch. “Delivery."

“Is her bag all packed?”

“Besides her bottle and dinner which I will get right now, yes.” Momo replied, giving the baby to Mina before taking off towards the kitchen and preparing her daughter’s dinner. 

“Mommy,” Nico pulled on Mina’s shirt and pointed towards the tv. 

“Okay, but you only half an hour okay? TV isn’t good for you baby.” Mina nodded and the tv. Nico smiled as her show came on the screen and she looked adorable. 

“Okay, Nico-ya, dinner time.” Momo called as she returned, handing Mina a bottle.

“Come on love, let’s eat.” Mina put the bottle in front of Nico’s face and Nico groaned and pushed it away in favor of the tv. 


“Nico baby don’t you want your dinner?” Momo asked, confused as to why Nico brushed her off.

“I told you this was going to happen, she’s addicted.” 

“It makes her happy Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter