i can’t help it, i keep thinking of you

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how does Nico not get confused? Since your all  mom.” Saki asks one morning while her and Mina are eating breakfast together.

“Nico calls us mom in different languages,” Mina answered. “I’m Mommy, in English; Sana is Kaa-san, in Japanese; and Momo is Umma in Korean.”

“So if I were to call you guys mom I would do that too?”

“If you wanted too, sure.” Mina answered. 

“So can I call you Mommy?” Saki asked with wide eyes. 

“If you want too Saki.” Mina nodded.

“Okay Mommy,” Saki smiled at the new name, Mina’s heart swelling with pride. Saki took her last bite of cereal before looking up from her bowl. “Mommy I’m done.” Mina still wasn’t used to it, but she already considered Saki her daughter. She had known them for a month now, and every second Mina spent with Saki solidified her love for the young girl.

“Okay Saki, do you want to go wake up Auntie Sana and Auntie Momo?” Saki nodded and got off her chair, running towards the upstairs. Saki had been with them for two weeks now, and she had adjusted into their lives almost too well. She loved the dog and the beach, even if Mina didn’t trust her to swim. She loved Nico. They were a good duo, Saki hadn’t ever gotten frustrated or mad with Nico and Nico never didn’t want to spend time with Saki. The two were never happy about being separated for too long. 


They still hadn’t told anyone about Saki. They wanted her to adjust to everything before throwing her into their crazy family.


Mina smiled as Saki came back dragging a sleepy Momo, Sana carrying the baby. Nico was still sleeping against Sana’s chest, her bear footie pajamas still on her body. 

“Auntie Momo?” Saki asks the woman who’s hand she’s holding. 

“Yes?” Momo yawns. 

“Can I call you Umma?”

“Sure.” Momo muttered.

“Auntie Sana can I call you Ka-san?” Saki turned to Sana, who was jus as tired as Momo. 

“Yeah.” Sana nodded. Mina nodded, the two were both too tired to realize how big of a question Saki had asked them. She had doubts when Saki first came to them, adoption was a lot to consider, there were so many pieces to it. But now? Mina knew Saki was their daughter. She was made for their family. 

“Saki why don’t we go take Hime-chan on a walk while these sleepy heads wake up?” Mina offers her hand for Saki. 

“Okay mommy.” Saki grins and takes Mina’s hand. Mina takes a look at her sleepy wives and baby, a smile on her face. Saki gets the leech, Hime’s tiny tail wagging excitedly at the sight of the pink leech. Mina hooks it around Hime and Saki grabs a handful of dog treats and tries to feed them all to Hime. Mina laughs at her and tells her to give Hime one, and hold on to the rest and give them to Hime when she did something good. 

“But Hime is always good.” Saki argues when Mina catches Saki giving the dog a treat. 

“Saki,” Mina laughed. “Hime is a good girl, but there are times where she shouldn’t get a treat. If she always gets treats she won’t be as good. Like, your a good girl too. But if I gave you cookies all the time you would be unhealthy and get sick.” 

“I’m a good girl?” Saki asked pointing to herself. 

“A great girl,” Saki grinned at the praise and swung Mina’s hand as they crossed the street to the park near their house. Hime Saki’s leg when Mina stopped walking to see how many people were around. Saki smiled and bent down to pet the dog.

“Good girl.” Saki pet the dog. Mina nearly melted, the sight was so adorable. 

 

xx

 

“I’m commandeering your child.” 

“Tzuyu no.” Sana protested. “Wait why?”


“Chae and I want to go to Disney World while we are in Hong Kong but we want a baby with us as an excuse to get into shows and stuff, plus she gets in for free  and I want my niece to be spoiled.”

“You are not taking my baby to China.” Sana nodded. “Without me.”

“There it is.” Tzuyu smirked. “It’s not like you have a job, it would be fun.”

“Momo has a job.” Sana rolled her eyes. “And believe it or not I’ve been a little busy with-”

“Ka-san where are my socks?” Sana silenced her face time and looked up to find Saki in a mismatching outfit. 


“Saki baby what are you wearing?” Sana laughed. 


“Umma let me get my own stuff! I’m a big girl!”

“Come here big girl.” Sana laughed a got off the bed. Saki had left her socks in their bathroom when she had used their larger bath tub to take a bath with her sister. “Don’t wear that shirt with that skirt baby."

“Why?” Saki asked. 

“Green and purple is not a wearable color combination. Go ask Umma for your pink shirt okay?” Sana nodded. 

“Okay Ka-san!” Saki smiled at Sana. 

“Good girl,” Sana gave Saki a kiss on the nose, causing Saki to laugh. Saki returned the kiss with a smile then ran off. 

“Sorry,” Sana apologized as she picked up her phone and took Tzuyu off silent. 

“Who was that? Does Nico speak in full sentences now? Since when does she know the word sock?”

“That was Saki.” Sana smiled. “We adopted her.” 

“Since when?” Tzuyu asked. 

“Two weeks ago, we’ve known her for about a month now.”

“You have to tell us these things!” Tzuyu protested. 

“We didn’t want to throw her into our family too fast, but if you want to meet her we always have a guest room.” Sana nodded. 

“Of course I want to meet my niece. But we’re going to Hong Kong in three weeks so I can’t visit.” Tzuyu sighed. “Unless…”

“We are not going to China Tzuyu. Two kids is harder than one. We can’t travel with Saki yet, she started calling us mom yesterday.” Sana nodded. 

“How old is she?”

“Four.”

“Okay don’t travel with her.” Tzuyu nodded. “We’re coming for Nico’s birthday party, I’ll meet her then.”

“Nico’s what?”

“Birthday party? The one you were supposed to be planning since she was born?”


“Oh yeah, that’s totally completely planned.” Sana laughed nervously. 

“You forgot about it didn’t you?”

“We literally just adopted a child cut us some slack.”  Sana rolled her eyes. “And now that I think about Saki’s birthday isn’t that long after Nico’s.”

“Oh my god,” Tzuyu sighed. “Text Chaeyoung she has ideas.”

“I’m not giving my daughter any kind of fruit themed birthday party.” Sana nodded. “No unicorns or puppies either. I hear enough about unicorns on tv shows and kittens are cuter than puppies.”

“Your no fun.”

“I’m practical.” Sana rolled her eyes. 

 

xx

 

“Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are going to Hong Kong soon,” Sana informs over dinner. They were having spaghetti, Saki’s choice. 

“That sounds fun,” Momo comments. 

“Saki don’t sit on your feet,” Mina interrupts them to scold. Saki nods and sits normally, still a little too short for the table. 

“Come here Saki,” Momo giggled and put Saki in her lap. “I’m going to teach you how to eat pasta properly.”

“Yeah, Tzuyu wanted to bring Nico because she wants to take her to Disney world.” Sana informed, giving Nico a tiny piece of bread.

“What’s that?” Saki interrupts the conversation to ask.

“Disney world?” Sana asks for clarification. 

“Yeah.” 

“I don’t really know how to describe it, you know princess movies? Like Moana and Frozen?”

“I love Moana.” Saki answered. 


“I know you do baby, they were made by this company called Disney, they also created a park with lots of cool rides and princess stuff and a castle. They have magic there.” Sana explained. 

“Magic?” Saki asked curiously. “Can we go?”

“Sorry baby, Nico wouldn’t like it very much because she’s too little, and it’s very far away.” Sana sighed. 

“Aw,” Saki sulked. 

“I’ll make you a promise,” Momo whispered to Saki. “I’ll take you to all the Disney worlds around the world if you promise to always love me.”

“There’s more than one?” Saki asked with wide eyes. 

“Yup.” Momo giggled. 

“I promise,” Saki mispronounced the word promise, but Momo thought it was cute. Sana smiled at the scene before turning to Nico and getting a spoonful of baby carrots. Nico closed when she saw the mashed goo, Sana nodding. 


“Come on Nico, you have to eat it.” Sana started. 

“No,” Nico muttered.

“Nico,” Sana called Nico’s attention. “Look, an airplane.” Sana moved the spoon around a lot, Nico watching with interest. With her guard down Sana was able to feed Nico, Sana smiling at the baby. “Good job sweetheart.” Sana smiled. 


Mina looked between the scenes of her loves with the girls. Momo was showing Saki how to twirl pasta on a fork, Saki only managing to get pasta every where. Sana was trying to feed the baby, but to do that she had to keep making Nico giggle to sneak in food. Her heart melted. They really were a real family now. 

 

xx

 

“What are you looking at?” Sana asked as she came behind Mina and wrapped her arms around her. 


“Hm? Oh the backyard.” Mina answered, settling against Sana. 

“Why?”

“Because well it’s a little empty considering we have two kids now.” Mina shrugged. “I was think maybe we can get a little playground, maybe a trampoline if I can find one safe enough.” Mina shrugged. “My broth and I had a trampoline and we loved it.”

“A little playground would be nice, ooh maybe we can get Saki one of those baby cars! That will be adorable!” Sana squealed. 

“How about a tricycle it’s safer?” Mina asked. 

“Maybe,” Sana whispered. “Maybe we can get some fairy lights for the deck?”

“That would be sweet, we should get more tables too,” Mina nodded.

“Sounds good, maybe we should update the house a bit too? Maybe get a few chairs and turn the empty room upstairs into a movie room?” Sana asked.

“That sounds good,” Mina giggled. “We’re turning into the rich parents Momo complains about.”

“Well, our girls deserve everything,” Sana tightened her grip on Mina’s waist.

“Maybe they do,” Mina giggled. “We need to plan Christmas too.”

“Christmas?”

“Yeah we agreed to go to your parents house this year at the wedding.” Mina nodded. 

“We did?” Sana asked. 

“Yes, we did,” Mina giggled. “We were supposed to go last year but Nico was too little.”

“Oh yeah,” Sana giggled. “It was probably worth it though, it was nice having Christmas here. Maybe it was just because baby Nico was so cute. If not exhausting.”

“You say that like she’s no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter