i promise myself to never forget to smile

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nico-ya,” Momo giggled as she pushed Nico’s stroller away from her body before quickly pulling it back, the child giggling wildly at the action. 

“Momo stop she’s going to get sick.” Mina rolled her eyes.

“She loves it, clearly.” Momo giggled. Sana looked at the two and nodded her head, taking a second to look around. It was rare they were all in town together. There was still the fear that they would get recognized gnawing at the back of their minds. However unrealistic it may be. 

But they were picking up Chaeyoung and Tzuyu from the train station later and they figured they would walk around and get some groceries before meeting them. They had decided to check the farmers market before going to they normal store, deciding it was worth visiting at least one Saturday morning. 

They had to park far away from the main street where the market was, but none of them minded too much. Nico got to do one of her favorite activities, ride in her stroller a bit longer and the rest of them were getting to walk around and take in the old town around them. 

Nico whined a little bit as Sana pulled back the shady cover covering her stroller, put giggling when she felt the warm sunshine and slight breeze. 

“She’s going to get sunburned,” Mina whined as she instantly started digging through the baby bag for Nico’s sunhat. 

“She’ll be fine,” Sana giggled. “I put some sunscreen on her before we left.”

“Did you get her hairline and the back of her neck-”

“Stop being worried Mi-chan and start being fun Mi-chan.” Sana giggled. “She’s fine, and ready for a day of fun with her moms.” Nico looked up at Sana with her wide hazelnut eyes and Sana grinned at the sight. Momo, who was pushing the stroller laughed at the interaction and pushed Nico away from her one more, Nico giggling even more at the action. Mina rolled her eyes and got out Nico’s sippiy cup filled with apple juice, handing it to the baby once Momo had pulled her back in. Nico smiled at the cup, opening and letting Mina give her a sip of juice before grabbing it with her own grubby hands. Mina nodded and put it in the little cup holder in front of Nico. “Okay someone’s being extra adorable today, I wonder if she knows her favorite Aunties are coming to visit.” Sana grinned at the baby. 

“She probably does,” Momo giggled. “She’s probably being cute so they give her extra juice.”

“Guys she’s six months old.” Mina rolled her eyes, but didn’t fight back the smile as the reached the farmer’s market. She dug her list out of her pocket before taking over the stroller as Momo ran off to a vendor giving out samples. Momo returned with a handful and put one in Mina’s mouth with the widest smile and Mina’s heart swelled. 

Mina took a deep breath in, everything smelled so fresh. She felt Sana wrap her arm around her waist and when she turned Sana’s eyes were sparkling. They hadn’t been able to do something like this, really ever. Especially not as a date. Sana kissed her cheek before directing them over to a beautiful flower vendor. 


“Ah she’s so cute,” The vendor commented as Nico tried to reach for the brightly colored flowers. “How old?”

“Six months,” Mina answered in perfect French.

“Adorable. Do you like the flowers sweetie?” The old woman smiled brightly at the baby before handing Sana a stray purple Iris flower. “Can you give this to the princess for me?” She asked with an elderly smile. Sana nodded and Nico giggled as she accepted the flower. 

“Thank you,” Sana turned to the lady. “How much?”

“Oh no, I don’t want you to pay me, her smile is payment enough. She reminds me of my granddaughter.” The lady shook her head. 

“But I insist.” Mina looked at the kind woman the woman nodded and Mina sighed. “Then I’ll take that bouquet please?” Mina pointed to a bouquet with beautiful pink lilies.

“Ah of course,” The woman smiled and Mina handed her a bit more than the price tag.

“Thank you so much,” Sana said to the lady as Mina handed her the bouquet. 

“You two seem like a great pair.” The lady smiled as they left, Nico clutching tightly to the iris in her hands. Sana looked at the bouquet in her hands and pulled out a single flower, pulling it off it’s stem and putting it in Nico’s short hair. The baby looked so happy with the iris in her hands and the flower in her hair, Sana couldn’t help but take a photo. Nico looked perfect. 

“Guys look!” Momo grinned as she ran back towards them. Once she reached them, Sana grinned and brushed a flower back into her hair, Momo looking at her a bit confused before giggling when she noticed Sana, Mina, and Nico all had a matching one. Momo held out her hands and revealed a four leaf clover in her hands. 

“Did you find that?” Sana asked with a grin. 

“No, I saw one of my students and she handed it too me before she and her mother had to go.” Momo nodded. “But I was thinking I could give it to Nico.”

“She’s going to end up with an entire garden by the end of this trip,” Sana commented as Momo handed the clover to the baby. Nico accepted the gift and clutched it in the same hand as her purple iris. 

“Okay we should probably start shopping for produce while we’re here.” Mina nodded as Sana and Momo both placed kisses on her cheeks. “Guys we’re in public.” She whined. 

“Okay, what’s on your list?” Sana grinned as she pulled away. 

“Your teasing me!” Mina pouted. 

“Of course we are,” Momo winked at Mina. “It’s so fun to tease you.” 

“Ka-san!” Nico muttered, Sana instantly running to her side, shooting her partners a smirk. Nico pointed to her juice cup and Sana nodded before helping Nico take another sip of apple juice. 

“You can do that yourself you know?” Sana giggled, kissing Nico’s forehead. Nico grinned and held her flower and clover out for Sana. “They’re beautiful aren’t they?” Sana smiled at the baby. “Almost as beautiful as you my little flower.” Sana kissed the baby’s forehead once more before retreating to Mina’s side.

“Ooh avocados!” Momo grinned as she looked over Mina’s shopping list. “What are those for?”

“I’m not quite sure yet, but I know you like them so I figured I would get some and find something to make with them.” Momo nodded, kissing Mina’s cheek once more. 

“Your so sweet Mi-chan.”

“God you two are being so sickeningly sweet today.” Mina rolled her eyes. 

“It’s cause we’re on a date.” Momo giggled. “Anyway look! Green onion! Wasn’t that on your list?” Momo pointed to a vendor to their left and Mina nodded before steering her family towards the vendor. The man commented on how cute Nico was and they graciously accepted the comment before going on their ways. Their shopping progressed in a similar manner, Nico getting compliments on how cute she is and Mina answering the compliment in French. 

Sana ran off halfway through Mina paying for some watermelon while Momo sulked. Mina had nodded her head. Her partners were such children sometimes (But she was a child at heart too. A child that loved being spoiled by her partners). 


Nico started to grow sleepy as the continued. Her eyes becoming heavy with sleep and her whining getting a bit more frequent. Mina dug out Nico’s stuffed giraffe and Nico’s baby blanket and wrapped it around the child before slowing her pace a bit. Momo had run off somewhere too, and Mina took a deep breath in. Most of their shopping was done, and she had lipstick marks on her cheeks. Her heart felt so content. So light. So genuinely happy. 

“Mi-chan I’m back,” Sana grinned as she ran over to Mina’s side. “Look what I found!” Sana grinned at Mina and showed her a bag of lavender tied with a purple ribbon. “Figured this might work better than perfume.”

“Is this for me?”

“Of course who else is it for? Nico?”

“Thank you Sana,” Mina grinned at her partner, who kissed her cheek once more.

“Where’s Momo?”

“She ran off earlier, I think she said something about bubbles.”

“Huh,” Sana let out, bending down to check in on their sleepy baby. “Nico’s getting tired huh?” Sana took back the half empty apple juice and put up Nico’s trey, taking away the bouquet of flowers she had set next to Nico earlier. “Do you want to take her to the car and drive around for a while while she naps?”

“I think she’s fine,” Mina nodded. “Besides, we haven’t seen everything yet.”

“Hey guys,” Momo smiled as she jogged towards them. “Nico-ya,” Momo bent down in from of the stroller and held out the blue device in her hand. “Look! Bubbles!” Nico opened her eyes, an annoyed look on her face at first, but it shifted to happiness when Momo pulled a bright orange trigger to shoot bubbles in front of the child. “Pop!” Momo grinned as she held her finger out and popped a bubble. Nico clapped her hands and giggled, her giraffe falling from her hands. 

“Momo she was almost asleep.” Mina groaned.

“It’s fine, she can nap later,” Momo grinned. “Nico-ya!” She teased, blowing more bubbles in front of Nico’s face. Nico laughed and clapped her hands reaching out to pop a bubble with her own grubby hands. Momo grinned and kneeled besides Nico to take her hand and guide it to a clear bubble, Nico giggling when it popped. Nico reached her hands out for Momo to pick her up, Momo nodding her head before unstrapping the baby and picking her up. Nico grinned at the prospect of being free, reaching over to pop more bubbles. 

“Oh Momoring you picked her up?” Sana asked, looking up from her phone. 

“Yeah, we decided to play with bubbles.” Nico looked around with her hand out, ready to pop anymore, but she pouted when she realized they were all gone. “Oops, here you go Nic.” Momo created a wave of bubbles and Nico entertained herself popping them. 

“I’m hungry.” Momo whined after a while. “When are we eating?”

“You’re always hungry,” Mina rolled her eyes. “Anyway, if you want to go back get the car we can go back to the other.”

“I’m too hungry I would die on the way there,” Momo dramatically explained. 

“Sana?” Mina turned to her other partner, who had resumed her task of scrolling through social media.

“Nope.”

“Of course,” Mina rolled her eyes. “Someone has to go get the car.”

“Alright fine, I’ll run there, Mi-chan you want to hold Nico?” Mina nodded and Momo went over to her side and handed her the baby. “I’ll be back.” Mina nodded and Nico pulled on her hair.

“Hi Nico,” Mina giggled as Nico pulled on her hair. “Why don’t we go back in our stroller?” Mina asked and carried Nico back around to the front, Nico whining when Mina put her down. “Damn it sweetie your too much like Sana.” Mina sighed and pulled the baby close to herself. 


“Whose too much like me?” Sana looked up from her phone at Mina. 

“Nico.”

“Well I did birth her, it’s the least she can do.” Sana laughed. “Anyway, Mi-chan, do you want me to hold her while you finish up?”

“Oh sure,” Mina nodded, handing Sana the baby. “Thanks Sana-ya.”

“Of course,” Sana placed a kiss on Mina’s cheek. “How much more do we need?”

“I wanted to look at the jam because I know Chae really likes it and I might make something with it.”

“We should make crepes again, those were good.” Sana commented. Nico had her hands bunched up on Sana’s collar and Sana nearly died at the sight.  “Don’t you think so Nic Nic?”

“Those were pretty good, I got the recipe from the lady who works at the bakery, she’s nice.” Mina nodded. “But Nico didn’t have any, because she’s too little for crepes.”

“Well she would probably really like them, I know from experience how much she likes sweets.” Sana giggled, kissing Nico’s hair a couple times. The baby put her hands out to try and push Sana away while letting out her childish giggle, only for Sana to kiss her more.

“Your being a kiss monster again.” Mina giggled at the sight of Nico in Sana’s arms. 

“What are you going to do about it?” Sana winked at Mina. 

“Nico do you want mommy to save you from the kiss monster?” Mina teased. 

“Mommy!” Nico screamed between giggles.

“Come here princess,” Mina whispered, tears clutching to the corner of her eyes. Nico had only said Mommy once when she was nearly asleep and Mina was about to leave her in her crib. She took Nico from Sana, and Sana smiled at the sight. Sana cut in front of Mina and started to push the crib as they started moving, Nico burying her face into Mina’s neck.

They continued in silence until they reached a vendor with multiple colorful jams. Sana took Mina’s free hand as Mina looked over the different types.

“Sana-ya you like apricots right?” Mina whispered, conscious of the child slowly being lulled to sleep by her perfume.

“Yeah, but I like grapes more,” Sana whispered. “How about we get one grape and one strawberry?”

“Sounds good,” Mina answered, releasing Sana’s hand so she could pay for the two jars. Once they were done Mina looked over the baby, who was half asleep in her arms. She gestured at Sana to stop walking before bending down and strapping Nico back into her stroller, making sure to arrange her blanket and stuffed animal before whispering a quiet “sleep well princes” and giving her a soft peck on the forehead.

“You looked so cute putting her to sleep,” Sana whispered once Mina returned to her side. Mina blushed, but reached over to give Sana a tiny shy kiss on the cheek, only for Sana’s eyes to widen and her to rain kisses on Mina’s face. “I love you.”

“We’re in public,” Mina pouted, pushing Sana off of her.

“Oh Momo just texted, she said to meet her at the intersection.” Sana muttered once she checked her phone. Mina nodded and took over pushing the stroller as they walked towards Sana’s white car. Once they reached it, Sana climbed into the front seat and whispered directions to Momo and Mina gently settled Nico in her car seat before sitting next to her. They all sat in silence, Mina’s favorite classical music station playing very softly through the speakers. 

Once they reached where they were going Mina picked up Nico before carrying her to a grassy spot a top a small hill over looking the ocean. Sana set up a picnic blanket before Momo hugged Sana. 

“Your all sweaty, get off,” Sana whined. 

“Fine,” Momo whined, throwing herself out onto the blanket. Mina rolled her eyes and placed Nico next to Momo, after taking off Nico’s white sandals, the child’s eyes still shut as she laid on her back. “What’s for lunch?”

“I packed some sandwiches and soda for you.” Mina informed, setting down a small cooler next to Nico’s baby bag.

“Not the watermelon kind right?” Momo narrowed her eyes at Mina. 

“No, but I stand by that,” Mina nodded, pulling out three sandwiches. “I have Nico’s lunch too, but we should just let her sleep for now.”

“She looks so cute,” Sana grinned, kicking her shoes off and laying next to Nico. 

“She’s always looks cute,” Momo added. “God when she grows up she’ll be an actual goddess.”

“Well than which one of us is going to take on the protective daddy role and fend off all the boys?” Sana laughed at her own question. 

“Well wouldn’t Mina be the natural choice?” Momo asked, rolling onto her stomach and putting her hand on Nico’s stomach. 

“Why me?”

“You seem like the protective type.” Momo shrugged.

“I mean she’s not dating until she’s eighteen but-”

“Hey if she loves the other person and they are not a jerk she can date whenever she wants.” Sana interjected. “But we don’t need to be having this conversation yet.”

“Your right, we don’t,” Mina sighed. “Hm, I guess if people are bothering her I’ll fend them off-”

“See, protective daddy?” Momo grinned. 

“Protective daddy Mina,” Sana teased. 

“Ha ha very funny-” Mina’s retort was cut off by Nico’s soft whining.

“I got her,” Momo whispered, sitting up with a small grunt and picking up Nico. “Good morning Nico.”

“I’ll get her food ready.” Mina mentioned, Sana crawling over towards Momo.

“Princess look! Mr giraffe!” Sana grabbed Nico’s stuffed giraffe and put it in front of the whiney baby. Nico giggled and reached for the giraffe, Sana leaning over and kissing Nico’s forehead before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter