because you were here, here right next to me, i could walk without hesitation

be as one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their lives were, unconventional to say the least. 

 

They left home as young teenagers full of dreams moving to a country where they barely spoke to language. They’re families had left them with tearful goodbyes and each of them could tell you there was a point in time right before they boarded their flights that they wanted to turn around and not go and there was another point within the first few weeks where they almost boarded the first flight home they could find. But they stayed, they stayed and they found each other.

It started as Momo and Sana. They had been introduced as the two Japanese trainees who had passed the international auditions, both of them shaking under the many stares of the other trannies in the crowded practice room. Neither of them knew much Korean, just enough to introduce themselves. Momo stuttered, and Sana remembers looking over at the other Japanese girl only to see mortification on her face. Sana felt bad for her, and whispered to her she was doing great.  Momo smiled a bit, and the two knew they were going to be friends.

Mina came a bit later, both Momo and Sana (being the over affectionate souls they were) instantly latched onto the younger Japanese girl. They did everything together, train, eat, study Korean, they even crammed into Momo’s bed some nights. A blind person could see how good of friends they were. Except they weren’t friends. 

 

Their relationship started with Momo asking Sana if she thought it was okay for two girls to kiss in sleepy Japanese while Mina was in the shower. They were sixteen and none of them had ever talked about uality. Sana had grinned at her ask simply asked, do you?

Momo nodded aggressively, her sixteen year old mind jumping with joy at the fact her best friend thought it was okay to kiss girls and wasn’t homophobic like everyone around them. 

Sana then looked at her and asked “have you ever kissed a girl Momo-chan?” 

Momo nodded, because no. Her sixteen year old self was still waist deep in the swamp of figuring out her uality. She knew she wanted to kiss girls, but she never did. Sana grinned at her and grabbed Momo’s chin with her fingers, tilting her head up and landed the shortest of pecks on her lips. Momo’s heart did more flips than a gymnast and a pink hue spread across her cheeks. She pulled Sana in for a longer kiss, and Sana happily wrapped her arms around Momo’s neck. 

“I didn’t know you liked girls too Momo-chan,” Sana whispered against Momo’s lips.

“I like you,” Momo’s heart declared. She hadn’t even realized she liked Sana. She just thought always wanting to kiss your best friend and thinking she’s the most gorgeous being on the planet was normal when one was figuring out their uality. (She felt the same way about Mina, which scared her (maybe what she felt for Sana wasn’t special)).

“I like you too,” Momo’s heart thumped aggressively in her chest. She leaned up for another sweet kiss, but Sana just pulled away. “But I like Mina too.”

“I like Mina.”

“Of course you do, she’s our roommate.”

“No, like, the same way I like you,” Momo didn’t even know what she was saying anymore. She wasn’t thinking at all by this point. 

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“I feel the same,” Sana sighed. “Does that mean we don’t like each other?”

“I don’t know…” Momo sighed, laying on her back and pulling Sana with her. They had cuddled millions of times, but this time felt more intimate. 

“Your both idiots,” Mina commented as she exited the bathroom. (She was listening to them, and she had heard enough, she knew exactly how they all felt). “You can like more than one person.”

“Oh like a ?” Sana asked with a smirk. 

“Poly relationship.”

“What a liberal American,” Sana giggled, rolling off of Momo and opening her arms for Mina to climb into. The younger complied.

“I like you both too,” Mina whispered, her red face buried into Sana’s neck. 

“What was that princess?” Sana asked with a smirk. 

“Your cruel Sana-chan,” Mina whispered. She felt Momo roll towards them and wrap her arms around her from behind and they all smiled. It was unusual, but what part of their lives wasn’t?



Sixteen comes right after their relationship. During the course of the show, they had their first fight as a (couple? They still weren’t so sure on it) but also their first heartbreak. Sana remembers staying up with Momo all night long after she was eliminated. Momo just kept sobbing on the other end of the line and Sana wanted to sneak out of the dorm and run to her girlfriend(?). Mina almost shut down at the loss of Momo, but Sana made sure their youngest was able to finish the competition to the best of her abilities. When Momo was brought back, and they all debuted, they all cried the hardest they had in their lives. They, of all people, had made it in the hardest industry to do so, together. They were still together. They had all been too excited to sleep that night, instead exchanging kisses are excitedly remembering that they had done it. 

Their debut was fine, they weren’t as instantly famous as they expected, but they put themselves on the map. However after their first comeback, everything starts clicking, and before they know it they were the nation’s girl group. Them, plus the six other people they now considered their family. They accomplished their dreams together and with every new accomplishment they felt like they were floating on air. Especially, accomplishments in their home country. With their friends and family watching with the biggest most supportive smiles possible. They loved them, and they loved their fans, and they loved each other. 


They did it all, in their twelve years with Twice. They set record after record and won award after award. It was sad to see it all end, but they knew it was bound to happen. They were older, and injuries were getting more common and it was getting harder and harder to preform. They all agreed it was time for the new generation of groups to take over.  Besides, they had done it all. Well, except come out. 

 

They had watched as Korea made painstakingly slow progress with LGBT rights. But they had also watched as the country went backwards. (They remember the first time they told the others about their relationship and Dahyun refused to talk to them for days, she softened and apologized later, she just had been told her whole life being gay was wrong and she wasn’t sure how to process the fact that they were all gay and all dating each other). They had all agreed at the beginning of their careers to never make it public, even if gay marriage became legal in Korea (they thought that was never going to happen). Gay was one thing, a three way lesbian relationship was another. 

Even after they disbanded they never told. 

They weren’t entirely sure what they wanted to do now that they were no longer Twice. They kept close relations with the other members when they disbanded, the others being the only ones in the entire world who knew about their dynamic. They kept close because Twice had formed unbreakable bonds between all the girls. 

They remember Nayeon’s wedding when their relationship had almost been exposed because Sana couldn’t keep her hands off of Momo in her tight bridesmaids dress. (Nayeon was the first to get married, her and her boyfriend had been dating for five years before twice disbanded and they had been itching to get married and start a family together (they both shared a love of children)). Their beginning as a married couple came eight months after Twice ended. Nayeon had been very picky about everything for her wedding, except for when it came to the bridesmaids dresses. She had taken all eight of them shopping and they all realized how much they missed being together. So much so, it ended with Sana picking the dresses because everyone else was busy conversing. No one noticed she had purposefully gotten dresses a bit too tight for Mina and Momo. 

The three of them had been getting dressed when they noticed their pale yellow dresses were a bit too tight. Sana had just smirked at them and given them both a smack on the and a kiss on the neck and leaving before they could protest. They had both groaned, realizing it was too late to change anything. So instead, they decided to get Sana back by being obnoxiously flirtatious. It worked, but it ended with Sana shoving Momo into Nayeon’s dressing room after the wedding ceremony and Nayeon’s now husband almost walking in on them. When they returned to the main hall and found Mina, she had scolded them for being careless. They knew she was the most worried about their relationship getting out. 

When Nayeon’s first child was born, it was like they were all having their first child. He had been a few days late, but Nayeon insisted that her son had been born late so he could perfect his handsome face before he was born. They all crowd the hospital room and the press was waiting outside to take pictures of the first born of the former Twice members. Seungjae, as he was named, looked perfectly like Nayeon. Her husband found it annoying, but Nayeon said that he was perfect. They had all gotten the chance to hug Nayeon before being shooed away by Nayeon’s husband (Nayeon was exhausted even if she wasn’t letting it on). They had all been happy, and Nayeon had joked it wasn’t the last time they were going to be stuffed into a hospital room to welcome a new life into the world.

Dahyun ended up getting married second, which surprised them all. Everyone had bet money it would be Jihyo. Dahyun and her partner had only been together for two years, one publicly. But she had told them she and him had caught a bit of both wedding and baby fever from Nayeon. Needless to say, Mina was in charge of their dress sizes this time. (Long after the wedding, Dahyun ended up having twins, which was another surprise because she was up there on the list they never thought would have children (she wasn’t the most motherly figure, never has been, never will be)) (She said that though she loves the twins, she would never have another ing child because not only did those things hurt like hell but she never got to sleep (which sounded more like the Dahyun they knew)). 

Jeongyeon came third, getting married in America (Her husband had been Korean American). She was the first one of them to come out, she wasn’t gay, but her husband was trans.Their friends had thought Jeongyeon’s coming out would inspire them to come out, but it just made the trio more weary of their relationship. Jeongyeon (who had become a model after Twice disbanded) faced more backlash than they had thought she would. She barely got hired for any jobs after making her relationship public. She had said it was fine, that was ready to retire and be that housewife that does every type of chore possible once a day, but they knew Jeongyeon missed her career. 

Jihyo gets married last, Nayeon being pregnant with her third child by that point. (Nayeon liked to claim she actually enjoyed being pregnant, but they all knew that was a lie). Jihyo had asked them and the two youngest of their former group if they would ever get married and all five of them denied it. 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu had lived with them in Seoul for awhile, before moving to the Canadian countryside so they could adopt four dogs together (Tzuyu tried to adopt a cow, but it never really managed to work out, they ended up with a horse instead) and Chaeyoung could paint long sunsets and starlit skies from their isolated house. They had told them it was so much better, being so far away from the press and their pasts. That it was better to be able to kiss your girlfriend under the stars without having to stress over the fact their faces

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter