CHAPTER 18 — ( The Long Wait )

I Don't Wanna Love You

CHAPTER 18 

 

 

"Sakura eonni? Can we stop now? I think my brain left my head already." Yena said. Plopping her head carelessly on the desk of the silent library.

"Yes! Wonyoungieeee~ my brain needs to rest for awhile." 

"I think mine's not functioning anymore too Saku-baby..." 

 

After the gang had lunch which Yujin paid, Sakura told them to have a review at the library. 

 

She got a lot of dejection but eventually was the one who won. Let's say, the power of beauty can be useful sometimes. 

 

"Sigh... What should we do to you three" Sakura sighed. 

"How about letting us out of this torturous place? It's very easy right!?" The duck quickly answered which earned her a hit of pencil on her head by her girlfriend who was beside her. 

"This will be the last time that we'll hear you complain arasseo?" 

"But, but-" 

"A.ra.sseo?" Sakura sternly said. It was the first time that they saw Sakura being like that. So all the three could do was to pout and slowly opened again their textbooks for another ride of "brain killing".

"Sigh... Why did we even agree to this?" Yujin tiredly muttered under hear breath. Wonyoung who was just observing her bestfriend, let out a very small chuckle that only Yujin heard. The others were really busy doing their own stuff. 

"Wae? What are you chuckling about?" Wonyoung averted her gaze from her texbook to Yujin and flashed her a comforting smile.

"Nothing. You're just so cute eonni you know that?" Wonyoung pinched Yujin's now red dimpled cheek while giggling.

"Y-ya, I'm not cute" 

"Ya you two! If you'll just going to flirt there, get out here and find a room!" Yena yelled at the both of them. Frustrated because Yuri won't even spare her a look. Wonyoung just lowered down her head due to shyness of what Yena blurted out, hair covering her entire face. 

"Jinjja eonni? We could go out? That's a nice idea! Palli Wonyoung-ah before they change their mind!" Yujin quickly said without thinking of what she'd agreed on. 

"Ya!" Wonyoung reacted and gave Yujin a hit on the arms. Yujin was puzzled as to why Wonyoung hit her and everyone errupted on laughing. Seeing a clueless Yujin and a blushing Wonyoung was a sight everyone enjoyed watching. 

"Ya Ahn Yujin, A.H.N.J.A!" 

"SHHHHH!!!!" The librarian said and glared at them. Sakura apologized and bowed at her then glared to Yujin. The latter just flashed her a nervous smile and coward down her head to Wonyoung's side. Everyone in the group saw how Yujin became a scardy cat and silently laughed at her. 

"Nako-chan? Is there something wrong?" Later, when the laughter died down, Sakura noticed that while everyone were laughing, Nako was not participating in the fun. It's like she wasn't part of their circle. Hitomi who was successful at hiding her feelings can't help but to look at Nako with much concern on her face. Everyone else followed.

"Ne? No there's nothing wrong." Nako denied and this only stir suspecion on Sakura. 

"You sure? You're so silent over there since we arrived here." 

"Certainly. I'm just focusing on this, yep." They stared at her for a good minute before Sakura decided to believe what her child said. 

What could be another reason for her child to be so silent other than just paying attention to her texbook? Then she sneakily averted her gaze to Yujin and Wonyoung who were like playing with each other.

 

She again sighed deeply which Chaeyeon noticed and held her hand to know that she's there. 

 

Sakura wanted to hate Yujin but she couldn't. She knew that her feelings for Wonyoung is already there long before Nako met Wonyoung. She also couldn't hate their giant maknae since, it's not her fault either. 

 

Again, another sigh escaped from her. The silence that was enveloping their environment was soon broken by Yuri's loud voice. 

 

"Ya! You three? Why don't you follow Nako-chan here. She's very studious." 

"Aish, here we go again..." 

"Yuri baby? We're already studying you can settle yourself now." Everyone was then back to their serious and focused self. It was silent for another half an hour when Yujin started to talk again but this time, she only allowed Wonyoung to hear it. 

"Wonyoung-ah? What would you like to eat for later?" 

"Wae?" 

"geunyang" 

"hmm... ahh chi-kin?" 

"chi-kin? okei! Let's buy you chicken later!" Wonyoung shyly giggled at her eonni's dorkiness and could only nod to her.

 

Wonyoung can't help her smile to show up everytime Yujin does things. May it be cute, stupid, dorky, cheesy or corny whatever it is. She really didn't understand it at first but it was slowly hitting her. Everything Yujin does is just beautiful. Yujin is beautiful. 

 

Yujin felt something odd and when she looked at her right, she saw her angel staring at her with those eyes that could melt her soul any minute and the smile that could turn her world upside down. 

 

"W-wae?" She slowly asked. She cursed herself inside for stuttering in front of Wonyoung again.

"Nothing. I just felt like staring at you." She would lie if she'll tell that she's not cringing inside. Wonyoung just said the words that made her world melt. It's the first time Wonyoung said something like that to her so she didn't know what to feel. 

 

Wonyoung once again let out a soft giggle. Seeing a flustered and shy Yujin was a sight for her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other end of the table, one pair of eyes were locked to them. 

"She looks so happy being with Yujin."  While everyone was busy with their textbook, a certain Yabuki Nako was busy at watching the interaction of her beloved with her "bestfriend". 

"I feel that she's feeling everything around her seems so perfect."  She saw how Wonyoung flashed her lovely  smile to her and she'll be a hypocrite if she'll say that she's not feeling any tinge of jealousy and sadness at the same time. Every smile Wonyoung would flash to Yujin, she was hoping that it was because of her. 

"I love her and I want her to be with me, not to be with her."  How she was hoping that Wonyoung would somehow turn to her direction and notice her existence.

"But she's so happy being with her. Shall I ruin her happiness for my own sake?"  She thought. 

"That would be very selfish of me." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


~~~

"Ahhh I'm so full" 

"Me too" Their school hours for the day was done, but their day's just starting yet. Well that's on what Ahn Yujin's mind. 

"So where to? It's Friday." They just finished their dinner at a chicken restaurant. Like what she said earlier, she was the one who paid for their food. Although Wonyoung insisted to pay for her own, Yujin just won't let her. No way in Yujin's sanity will she let her girl- *cough* oops, Wonyoung I mean would pay for her own meal when they're together. 

"Hmm..." Wonyoung thought for a second and remembered the time when she had ditched their "Friday-night" to tour Nako around the city. 

 

 

 

 

 


FLASHBACK 

 

"Wonyoung? What is that?" 

 

 

"That's Namsan Tower. The tallest tower here in Seoul" 

 

 

"Waaaah~ Sugoi" 

 


"Eonni? Let's go to the Han river? You wanted to see what it looks like right?"  

 


End of FLASHBACK

 

 


Wonyoung thought about the time when she was above the Namsan Tower with Nako. There was no one in her mind other than Ahn Yujin that she was hoping to be with on that day. However, circumstances just won't let them. 

 

"How about to Namsan Tower eonni?" Yujin was surprised, eyes grew wide and a big grin slowly showing on her face as she looked at Wonyoung. 

 

It was a very long time ago when Yujin told Wonyoung that she really would love to go to Namsan Tower with her and see the beauty up in the sky and down below. Never she once thought that it will happen on that day.

 

"Really? We'll gonna go to Namsan?" Wonyoung sensed the excitement that grew inside of her eonni and that it actually made her giggle.

"Yeah. So, kaja?" 

"Alright! Let's go to Namsan Tower!

The two had travelled going to the highest and beautiful tower in Seoul. While walking their way, Yujin would sometimes play a prank on Wonyoung but always failed.

 

Wonyoung would just laugh at her attempts and Yujin always ended up being disappointed. 

 

Alas, they have reached the tower. They raced their way to the top and a series of laughters were heard in the corridors made by them and Wonyoung could only be thankful that the securities were not there. 

 


The moment they'd reached the top, an amazing view of the city greeted them. The wonderful night lights that flooded the city's top view made Wonyoung tear up. Yujin went close to her and wiped away the tear that escaped Wonyoung's precious eyes. 

 

"Why are you crying? Don't you like the view?" Since it made a single tear escaped Wonyoung's orbs, Yujin thought that the taller one didn't liked it and was just forced to be in there.

"If you want, we can go to another place too, just say it. Just— uljima jebal." Yujin was now panicking inside. This wasn't the event she had imagined earlier. She imagined them to be all laughing and smiling and admiring the precious sight, not a crying Wonyoung. 

"No silly. I'm the one who suggested that we go here, why wouldn't I don't like the place?"

"But why were you tearing up?" Yujin innocently asked.

"Because the view's amazing that it made me tear up." Realizing now the reason for Wonyoung's tears, she heaved sigh of relief. Her worriedness gone to the wind and was replaced by a big smile that showed her dimples. 

"Thought it was something bad. Glad that it's not. Don't make me worry like that again arasseo?" 

"Pu-lease your over-reacting eonni." 

"No seriously, I was really worried and scared that you don't like it here." 

"I would never." 

"Sigh... Okay." 

"Okay~" The staring game between the two begins again as both eyes were focused on each other. Their admiring smile never once left their beautiful face. 

 

Wonyoung was the first one to break their beautiful moment though and quickly moved to sit on one of the benches, facing the horizon. Her heart was beating so loudly due to the intense stare that Yujin gave to her a while ago. She surely knew what Yujin was trying to convey but, she's afraid. She doesn't know if she was right or not as she really don't have any idea what's going on in Yujin's mind that time. She just hoped that what she was feeling was not the right one. When Yujin woke up from her own world, she then realized that the girl she was dreaming of was nowhere in her front but was already sitting on the bench so she followed her suit. 

 

As the both of them sat down, the atmosphere became quiet once again. There weren't a lot of people too so the place was very good to calm Wonyoung's thrumping heart down.

 

"Why are you so perfect tonight?" The question thrown by Yujin out of the blue made Wonyoung's heart to beat in an abnormal pace. Her nervousness just rose to a higher level and she can't even control it. 

 


"Because I'm originally made perfect!" She tried to act as if the question didn't made her feel anything and gave a funny but safe answer. 

 

Yujin who didn't realized that she blurted it out loud, until Wonyoung answered can only widenned her eyes in surprise. She scolded herself then for being so careless and was thankful that Wonyoung didn't took it seriously. 

 

Of course she was serious when she said that but, it may create a different approach to Wonyoung if she took it seriously. 

 

"I'm actually refering to the view, not you Wonyoung. So full of yourself eh?" Yujin was self praising herself inside for coming up with that counter. Now Wonyoung won't think that Yujin meant something inapropriate about that. 

"Ya! Eonni? You're so cruel!" Yujin can only laugh at the pouting Wonyoung who still haven't realized that the view Yujin was refering to was actually her. 

 

Wonyoung noticed in her peripheral vision that Yujin kept her gaze locked at her. Her heart was now beating so crazily. So she rose up before she hyper-ventilate on that seat. She moved near the flood of locks, scanning each one of them. Trying to calm her system and compose herself again.

 

Yujin wondered why Wonyoung rose up so suddenly. She wanted to follow her and ask the reason but the light reflecting from her Wonyoung's porcelain skin made her stay rooted at her place. She was left on the bleachers busy admiring the youngest.

 

 

 

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?"  Yujin started her rumbling in her mind again as she locked her gaze on Wonyoung. 

 

 

 

"Do you even have any idea how much I would love you to be mine?" 

 

 

 

"If I say it today will you accept it? Or will you just walk away from me?"  

 

 

 

These are the series of questions flocking in Yujin's mind as she stared at the magnifecent Wonyoung. How she loved every bits of her and everything she does was just beautiful in her eyes. 

 

"Were you thinking the same thing as I had Wonyoung-ah?" Even if Wonyoung was quiet a distance from her, it's unbelievable how Yujin still managed to see the details of Wonyoung's facial expressions like she was having a series of thought too. Like she was having an internal battle of herself and how she was scolding herself inside. 

 

Even the scrunching of Wonyoung's eyebrow and the smacking of her head was a very cute sight for her. 

 


"Agh. Dapdaphae~" She sighed in frustration.
If she's not a coward, she already had the answers to her questions but because she's afraid of what Wonyoung's response will be, this made her stay at her place.

"This won't do. I have to man up." She was done with all the frustrations she's been having inside. She realized that she'll reach nowhere if she'll continue to have this cold feet and being in the Namsan Tower's just perfect for the moment. 

"But what if she'll only reject me? What will happen to our friendship then?" Because of this thought, Yujin backed away a little. 

 


Everyone knew that their relationship as bestfriend's the most wonderful thing that happened to the both of them. On the contrary, the thought of Wonyoung being in her arms and being able to call Wonyoung her girlfriend brought her to heaven.

 

Having this kind of internal battle's killing Yujin inside. She needs to take action before she dies of suffocation. 

 

"Everything is worth the risk when it comes to Wonyoung. I have to do this." With the courage she had, she rose up and inhale all the oxygen she could possibly get and exhale all the toxic inside her system. 

"Okay Yujin, let's do this!" Slowly she walked to the taller girl's direction. Sensing someone's coming Wonyoung turned around and was met by Yujin's beautiful smile. 

"Wonyoung-ah? What are you doing?" 

"Nothing. Just scanning through these locks and reading some heart letters. Look eonni, this guy's so sweet." Wonyoung said looking back to the heart shaped letter she read earlier. 

"Wae? What did he wrote?" Yujin asked out of curiousity. 

 

 

 

" But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.
                                                        —   Maria V. Snyder 

To : My precious

 

 

 

"Eww! what's so sweet about that? That's a total cringe Yuck!" 

"Tsk. You just don't understand what it means." Wonyoung went away and scanned another letter, leaving a laughing Yujin. 

"She's very fun to tease" She mumbled and followed Wonyoung. 

 

 As the younger one was scanning through different letters, a certain heart post caught her attention. 

 

 

 

 

 

" 내가 내 인생에서 무언가 잘한 게 있다면 당신에게 내 마음을 준 것이다. ( Naega nae insaengeseo mueonga jalhan ge itdamyeon dangsinege nae maeumeul jun geosida. )  "

 

 

 

 


Yujin who was wondering why the girl suddenly stopped went near her and looked at the note Wonyoung was staring.

 

 

 

" If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you. "  Is what it says. It grew a smile on Yujin's face. 

 

Her heart was already with Wonyoung and even if she doesn't want that to happen, it already did. And for her, it's the most beautiful thing.

 

"Wonyoung-ah?" Yujin thought it was the best moment to speak, man up and face her heaven. 

 

"Hmm?" Was Wonyoung's short response while still holding the piece of paper where those impactful words were written.

 

"I have something to say" 

 

"What is it?" Yujin was thankful that Wonyoung wasn't looking at her cause if she was, she'd saw how fidgety her state was. 

 

"Ahm..." Wonyoung sensed Yujin's tensed state and it concerned her so, she put down the note and faced her eonni. Sweats were now visible on her eonni's face and she wondered why. 

 

"Yes eonni?" She slowly asked again. Observing how stressed Yujin was made her felt a little bit afraid.

"Ya eonni, relax. What is it?" She held Yujin's both hands and tried to calm the fidgeting Yujin. On the back of her mind, she kinda had an idea already of what Yujin was about to ask. She's just hoping that it's not because she's not ready yet for anything like that. 

 

"Promise me you won't get mad?" Now Wonyoung's nervousness reached to a much higher level than before and her beating heart intensified. 

 

"W-why will I get mad?" She carefully asked. Building some proper connection to the situation. 

 

"Just because. Promise it first." 

 

"Alright I promise. Now what is it?" The thought of being right made Wonyoung irritated and annoyed. If anything, she's still wasn't ready and doesn't knew what response she should gave to her. 

 

"Jang Wounyoung. I wanted to tell you this a long time ago." Slowly Yujin started her journey of confessing her feelings to her long time precious bestfriend. She was being very careful not to surprise the girl with her sudden confession and was just observing the taller girl's expression. 

"I've been keeping this for so long and I think I might die if I don't let this out."She added. Wonyoung's eyes widened and was full of concern but at the same time she was very confused as to why Yujin was telling this things to her now.

 

"What is it eonni?" 

 

 

 

"Wonyoung-ah?" Yujin nervously called again Wonyoung's name. 

 

 

 

"Ne?" Was Wonyoung's soft response. She didn't knew how it happened but, Yujin calling her name just calmed her racing her heart down. 

 

 

 

"I-" 

 

"You?" Wonyoung literally was holding her breath waiting for Yujin to say what she thought Yujin would say. 

 

 

 

"I'm-" 

 

"Your?" It's like torture for the both of them. Especially for Wonyoung who was waiting for her to continue. Yujin just can't find the right words to say and with Wonyoung in front of her, she didn't realize that admitting to your bestfriend you're in-love with them could be a big struggle. 

 

 

 

"Can you-" 

 

"I can what?" While Yujin was having a battle with her thoughts on finding the right words to say, she didn't realized how she was also torturing Wonyoung who was anticipating and was holding her breath the entire time. 

 

 

 

"Aish! I was literally dying here just to tell you this." Yujin was now frustrated and annoyed of herself on why she can't tell Wonyoung what she wanted to tell. Wonyoung understands her eonni but what can she do? Even she was having her own battle with herself on what to respond soon after Yujin let go of those words. 

 

 

 

"Just say it!" 

 

 

 

"Okay! I am—"

 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

"I am in—"

 

"Jesus Yujin what is it that you want to tell me!?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"I AM IN DEEP TROUBLE WITH MATH! CAN YOU HELP ME!?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​​∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 

Another update. Sorry that it took so long for you guys to get an update. I just became so busy with stuffs. 

 

So how was this chapter for you? I know I in writing. I know and I apologized. You guys actually wanting to kill me now right? Well, you can kill me later after I finish this fanfic😂 

 

Share to me your thoughts on this chapter in the comment box below juseyoooo~ I love reading them. Your comments actually are my motivation in writing hehee. Also don't forget to do  upvote and subscribe. Thank you! 다음메 봐요! 안녕~ 👋👋👋