CHAPTER 17 — ( A Good Day )

I Don't Wanna Love You

 

CHAPTER 17 

 

 

​​​​​​It's a new morning. 

 

The sun's shining. Birds are chirping in the trees and the air was very refreshing. 

 

The silent corridors of Seoul Royal Girls High were slowly filled with noises made by students who arrived and getting ready for another intense review in preparation for their upcoming major exams next week. 

 

In a certain junior classroom, Wonyoung who was seating near the window, could be seen scribbling randomly through her notebook while looking outside once in a while. Ahn Yujin just happened to be out in the field with Yena doing their early track practice. Never in Ahn Yujin's mind does she have any idea that a certain Jang Wonyoung was smiling like an idiot while staring  at her and was admiring her from a far.

 

"Hey!" Her morning eye vitamin was disturbed when someone called her attention.

"Oh, Nako eonni. Joheun Achim~" Wonyoung cheerfully greeted the short girl. It was Nako who's in front of her plastering a big smile on her face.


Upon arriving in the classroom the first student Nako saw was Wonyoung and so, she immediately went to her, leaving a sad Hitomi behind. 

 

"You're so early today." Nako asked while she took a seat beside Wonyoung. The taller girl quickly removed her things on the desk beside her for Nako to have her space on it. 

"Wae? I'm always early eonni." She answered. Averting her gaze out of the window again. 

 

 

"Seems like Yujin eonni's in a very good condition today~ㅋㅋㅋ"  Wonyoung said in her mind as she saw Yujin kinda telling something to Yena looking so happy.

 

 

"I can see that you're smiling now." Nako carefully asked.

"Yup. I realized that worrying and crying will just make my life miserable." Wonyoung answered as she went back to scribbling her notes.

"True. You were a wreck yesterday though haha" Wonyoung shoot her head up to Nako's direction and pouted.

"Am I? Well I had my reasons why I was like that yesterday."

"Yeah. I'm glad you're okay now." 

"I am too. Thanks for being there for me yesterday eonni. I really appreciated that." She sincerely said to Nako accompanied with a smile that for Nako could melt her any second that moment. 

"Ehh~ It's okay. Just don't be like that again arasseo? I hate seeing you in that state." Nako's mood went down when she remembered how pained Wonyoung was yesterday. Wonyoung saw the change of mood of her eonni so she flashed her a big smile and pinched both cheeks of Nako, turning the frown up.

"Arasseo!" Wonyoung giggled at how thoughtful her Nako eonni was. Nako then can't help but to smile of the cute act her angel did and patted Wonyoung which the taller girl lowered down her head a little for Nako to reach and they both errupted in a big laugh after. 

 

At a distance of two seats away from the laughing Nako and Wonyoung, Hitomi can be seen reviewing some papers and going through her notebook. Sometimes writing something in it. It really looked like she was busy studying and disturbing the girl would be a great sin you can commit but, in reality, she wasn't studying at all. 

 

It's her plan to study actually, the first time she got her notebook that Morning but Nako and Wonyoung's giggles and laughters were just distracting her. 

 

It's a pain when Nako just left her at the door and quickly went closely to where Wonyoung was seated. It doubled the pain when she witnessed how Wonyoung flashed her thoughtful smile and how Wonyoung easily pinched Nako's cheeks also, when Nako petted Wonyoung on the head? Her heart shattered into pieces.

 

 

"Nako-eonni never did that to me"  She said in her head. A tear escaped her eyes so she plopped down her head on her desk. Preventing from anyone to see her current state. By a far, it looked like she grew tired of studying and wanting to catch some rest but, she was just silently crying. Preventing to create any sound and shaking her shoulders just made her heart ache more and tears to flow none-stop.

 

 

 

"You're so stupid Hitomi." 

 

 

 

"You know Nako never and wil never once look at you the way she looked at Wonyoung and yet you're still hoping!" 

 

 

 

"Now she already found someone who she can be able to share her happiness with, you're crying like this!?" 

 

 

 

"I'm so pathetic" She whispered to herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hitomi composed herself. Had some breath ins and breath outs, slowly dried her eyes and wiped the tear stain with her handkerchief before she lift up her head and went back to scribbling nothing through her book again. 

 

"Everything will be okay for you Hitomi. You'll get through this." Sure she can but, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

who was she kidding?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

|~^~^~^~^~^~^~^|

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, how's everything with Wonyoung?" Yujin and Yena just finished their morning track practice and was now sitted on the bench calming their tired, shaking muscles. 

"Very good actually" She answered. Sipping a drink from her pink Gatorade.

"Ohoh~ So you already made up?" 

"Yep! I was being a total jerk yesterday and I'm glad that she forgave me. Yeeeey~" Yujin made a victory dance in front of Yena. She was very happy her and Wonyoung were okay now. She never know what she'll do if they were still in that state. 

"Good that you know that." Yena laughed and clapped her hands agreeing to Yujin being a jerk. 

"Ya eonni!" Yena errupted in laughing while facing a not so happy Yujin. 

 

Yujin really want to squize Yena to death that moment when she indirectly told her that she's a total jerk but, she's just so in a good mood that she can't do it. So she just let it slipped.

 

"It's the truth! Anyways, Chaeyeon was so worried of you two yesterday." Soon their laughter died down and settled again on the bench. 

"Did you told her eonni?" 

"You'll gonna treat me some lunch for not spilling anything yesterday to her." 

"Whoooo~ Thanks eonni! You're really the best!" Yujin enveloped Yena in a very tight hug and suddenly lifted her up from where she was seated-

"Ya! Put me down Ahn Yujin! I swear if Yuri will see this I'll be in hell! Put me down!" That cause Yena to be in panicked for a good minute. Yujin was entirely laughing to the nervous Yena who was checking the sorroundings for a sign of her lovely Yuri and sighed in relief when she confirmed the coast was clear. 

"Don't you ever do that again!"

"That's what you get for messing with me earlier."  Yujin errupted in a laughing mess again when she saw the  glares of Yena. 

"Wh-what? I'm just th-thankful of what you did for me yesterday!" Still Yujin can't contain her laughter to Yena who was now showing her duck pout, shooting daggers through her eye at her but some seconds later, that pout was replaced by a smirk.

"You think you'll just gonna get out that easily kid?" 

"What do you mean eonni?" Yujin asked. Her laughters died down and was replaced by a nervous expression. 

A smirking Yena always, was never good.

"You'll gonna treat us for lunch everyday for this whole semester." Yena calmly announced, sipping her drink and wiping the sweats she had on her neck with her towel.

"WHAT!?" 

"You heard me right kid. ALL OF US! Chaeyeon, Sakura eonni, Me and Yuri. for this WHOLE SEMESTER." 

"But eonni, I'm gonna go bankrupt and I'm your dongsaeng!" 

"Yeah, that's what you get for messing with me too. Well, I'll go ahead, classes will gonna start soon and I need to change. Yuri will gonna scold me if I enter the classroom all sweaty and smelly. See you at lunch!" With that Yena stormed her way inside, leaving a worried Yujin behind.

"But eonni!? Eonni!!!!!" 

"Appa will never gonna like this- aghhhhh~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

|^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^|

 

 

 

 


"So what do you want to tell me?" 

"It's about your pal, her lovelife and one of my babies." Sakura and Chaeyeon were seated in their classroom. Both arrived at the same hour. 

 

After Sakura, Nako and Hitomi's conversation last night, she texted her girlfriend that she had something important to say and that it needed to be personal. 

 

That message alarmed Chaeyeon so she texted back to meet that night but, Sakura was very tired and wanted to get her sleep so Chaeyeon had to wait until this morning for her to hear that "something important" 

 

"Pal? Who?" 

"Yujin" 

"Yujin?" That raised her curiousity more. She wondered why this girlfriend of hers suddenly became concerned about Yujin.

 

 

 

"It's about your pal, her lovelife and one of my babies."

 

 

 

"That means Yujin and Wonyoung and it's either Nako or Hitomi." 

"Yup. You know Nako right?" Chaeyeon nodded. Didn't utter any word for Sakura to continue. 

"She's one of my babies and I'm quiet worried on her." Now Chaeyeon was confused. 

"Okay... What does that have to do with Yujin and Wonyoung?" 

"We all know that Yujin and Wonyoung have feelings for each other, both are just so coward of admitting it." 

"TRUE!" 

"Nako on the other hand, couldn't see that. She had this huge feelings for Wonyoung which I just found out last night—" 

"WHAT!?" 

"I know. I couldn't believed it at first. I mean, I was so happy when she asked us on how to confess.

 

I was like, finally my baby's growing up." There was a big pause after that. 

 

"But...?" Chaeyeon carefully pushed Sakura to continue. Seeing Sakura's unsettled expression, Chaeyeon sensed that there's something more than being happy about it.

"But then, when we asked her who it was and she said it's Wonyoung, I became so worried. She'll just hurt herself Chaeyeon!" Chaeyeon sensed the panic building inside her lover so she enveloped her in a hug and caressed her back. 

"Nako's already a grown up kid. You said it so yourself. If she'll confess to Wonyoung then, whatever her response may be, she should be responsible for it." Carefully and slowly, Chaeyeon said her thoughts about the news.

"But Chaeyeon, Nako's just a kid too. She don't know anything yet about love and what if she can't handle it? I'm afraid Chaeyeon. I can't handle seeing Nako being broken." 

"Well, we can't avoid that to happen—" 

"CHAEYEON!" 

"I'm just saying okay?  We will just make sure that whatever the outcome of her decision is, we will be there by her side. That's the only thing that we could do for her." Both sighed. Chaeyeon was hugging Sakura and Sakura was leaning on her. Both felt worried but for different reasons. 


Sakura was worried on Nako's confession. To be honest? She really don't want her to confess but she should be supportive on her. 


She realized after their heavy talk that Chaeyeon was right. It can't be prevented. Nako should be responsible for her decision. 

 

She'll just had to be their when the worst happens. 

 

Chaeyeon on the other hand was worried on Yujin. She knows how dense and coward that bunny is. She won't ever tell her feelings unless she's sure that Wonyoung feels the same way, which for Chaeyeon is so stupid. 

 

She took a mental note to tell Yujin later to hurry up on Wonyoung. Nako might won Wonyoung first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RIIIIIIIING!!! RIIIIIIIIING!!!! RIIIIIIIIING!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Classes were done for the day and the exhausted students from the extreme review crowded the hallways. 

"Wonyoungie, lunch together?" 

"Together? Ahm, I'm sorry eonni, I can't today." Wonyoung was now hurrying to wrap her things up and put them inside her bag. 

"Nako eonni? Let's head out for lunch?" Hitomi who was already finished went near to the two. 

"Why? You had other plans?" Nako asked the now rushing Wonyoung, ignoring Hitomi. That made the squirell's heart sunk deep. 

It didn't took time for Wonyoung to answer Nako's question since a loud cheerful voice echoed the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"YOUNGIE!"

 

 

 

 

 

A big smile appeared on Wonyoung's face when the loud voice from a very familiar person echoed their room. This made Nako so annoyed and cursed under her breath. 

"Eonni!" Wonyoung responded with so much enthusiasm. 

"Hi-chan, Nako-eonni annyeong!" Yujin happily greeted them.

"Yujinie!!! You seem very hyped today!" Setting aside the throbbing pain, Hitomi did her best to be cheerful for the day. 

She had some quick realization that the day's just too good to be affected on such small and petty things. 

"Am I? Haha aniya, the day's just so good." Yujin shook her head and shyly shaking her hand a no at Hitomi's remark, which made the cute squirell to giggle at the adorable Yujin. 

"Did you waited for too long?" After Yujin recovered from her shyness, she faced Wonyoung still with her pretty smile on her face.


Wonyoung giggled while uttering a no. 

 

"So let's go?" 

"Hmm..." Wonyoung made a thinking pose trying to eonni. Yujin immediately got nervous and worried if Wonyoung will reject her again. 

"Kaja!" 

"Hahaha~" Hitomi and Wonyoung errupted in small laughter while they were looking at the nervous Yujin. 

Yujin who didn't had any idea that she was holding her breath while waiting for Wonyoung to respond let out a sigh of relief and instead of getting pissed at Wonyoung teasing her, she joined the two in laughing. 

 

Nako never once was happy about the situation. She wished she could get out there and stop the torture her heart was having. 

 

She was very pissed looking at how happy Yujin was while, she on the other hand was in terrible pain. 

 

"Are you okay eonni? You look so unstable." Wonyoung worriedly asked Nako. She noticed that Nako wasn't joining them in their fun so she was concerned. 

"Ah? Yes, Gwaenchana. I'm just so hungry right now." 

"Oh, right! Let's head to the cafeteria together. The others are waiting for sure." 

"KAJA!" 

"HAHAHA!" Wonyoung circled her hands around the arms of Yujin while happily skipping their way to the cafeteria. Hitomi and Nako followed soon. 

"Anechan" Hitomi tried to call the attention of her raging eonni but got nothing as a response. 

"That Ahn Yujin's so annoying!" 

"Eonni, can't you see? They have feelings for each other. Wonyoung's happy now. Please stop hurting yourself." 

"You don't understand. I love her Hi-chan and they're not together. I can still change her heart!" 

"eonni" Hitomi's heart ached so much seeing how desperate Nako was on getting Wonyoung. She saw how hopeless her love was and as much she don't want to feel pity towards the shorter girl, that's what she felt.

"Just let me be Tomi. I can take care of myself." 

"Why are you choosing to get hurt when you can be happy with me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

 

 

"__" 

 

 

 

That sentence stopped Nako in her tracks. 

 

 

 

"What did you just said?" Hitomi turned Nako around and held her hand.

 

A sudden nervousness travelled to Nako's boddy when she saw the taller girls pained expression. She didn't understand the reason behind that look Hitomi was showing and it gave her the feels. 

 

"Nako eonni, I've been here for you since day one. I saw how you've struggled and was there for you everytime. I just want you to notice me." 

"Wha- What are you trying to say?" 

"I'm trying to say that stop going after Wonyoung. I hate seeing you being so desperate like this." Desperate?

 

 

 

Was Nako desperate? 

 

 

 

Never was she despearate in once of her life. 

 

 

 

"Desperate? I'm not being desperate Hitomi. I'm just showing ugh— nevermind. You won't understand it anyway." 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

"I told you, I can handle myself. You don't have to be worried and also, stop being so concerned about me. I DON'T NEED YOUR PITY!" Hitomi was surprised on Nako's loud voice. Never once in her life did Nako raised her voice to Hitomi. Not even when she attempted to threw her choco-mint flavored ice cream in the trashbin.

"I don't pity you. It just pains me everytime I see you being so hopeless." Stil she remained strong and didn't let the excruciating pain she's feeling dominate her system. 

 

She needed to convince Nako that it's a wrong move to pursue on Wonyoung. It will just break her heart into pieces.

 

"I said I don't need your pity Hitomi!" Nako was now being helpless and annoyed on the nonesence things Hitomi was saying. She don't need anyone's pity. That's just so cheap!

 

 

 

She will never reach to that level.

 

 

 

"I care about you" 

"Why do you care!" 

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

 

 

 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

 

 

There was a long silence in the 4 walled classroom. Both were surprised at the sudden confession of Hitomi. 

 

"mworago?" Nako slowly asked. She needs to know that she's not hearing things while Hitomi was lost in her own world. 

 

She can't believe she just said that word. 

 

Should she tell her what she feels? 

 

It's now or never anyway. She already said the word, Nako already heard it so, denying will just add spice to it. 

 

"I love you eonni. 

 

I love you even back in Japan.

 

I already loved you. 

 

I agreed to be sent in this foreign land not because I wanted to see Korea but because of you. I want to be with you." 

 

 

 

 

 

"__" 

 

 

 

 

Nako was seemed lost for words so Hitomi used this opportunity to speak what she didn't do before.

 

 

"Why are you telling this to me?" 

"Because I thought that you should know it." 

"If you already love me back in Japan why haven't you said anything?" 

"Because I was afraid. You always told us that you hate seeing a girl having a crush or admiring a girl too. It's unnatural for you." 

"I said that!?" 

"Yes. So I thought, I'll just have to stick in my closet and keep my feelings for you hidden under the ground." 

"But then, I was entirely wrong. You were having an affectionate feelings for Wonyoung, which happened to be a girl." 

 

 

 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

 

 

"At first, I don't want to believe it and thought my eyes were just decieving me. But, you confirmed everything last night." 

 

 

 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

 

 

"All your closeness and affection to Wonyoung wasn't all friendly at all. Every bit of it was true. 

Wonyoung is a very sweet girl and pretty. I won't be like this if I had the assurance of you to not get hurt but eonni, there's none. Yujin and Wonyoung may not be together for real but they are if you'll just gonna look underneath it." 

 

 

 

 

 

"__"

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't know if I can handle it seeing you get broken eonni." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Thanks but it's my problem and not yours....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mind your own business Hitomi" With that, Nako left the Hitomi who was frozen on where she was standing. 

 

 

Nako just told her to mind her own business. That's probably the worst and the most painful words she heard coming from Nako. 

 

She heaved a deep sigh and held unto her chest tightly. The pain was unbearable but she chose to ignore it and slowly walked her way to the cafeteria. 

 

She sure don't want to see the cute girl but, it can't be avoided. She just had to be strong and pretend that everything will be alright. 

 

Pretend that nothing happened. 


The question is, can she make it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 

So here's another update. 

 

I know this story's frustrating already and honestly? I don't know where this is going but, I'm trying my best to still keep up with the story. 

Best of luck for me in finishing this fanfic T_T

 

Please tell me your thoughts about this chapter and don't forget to subscribe and upvote :) juseyo~~~ 

 

Till next update!