CHAPTER 13 — (Coat)

I Don't Wanna Love You


CHAPTER 13

 


YUJIN's POV

 


Our eyes were at the same level and our lips were an inch apart. Then I realized again that she was actually staring at me. 

 

 

 

How long had she's been staring? 

 

 

 

 

She might felt weird about this so maybe that's why she was staring but, her eyes tells different. 

Her eyes were soft and was sparkling and her face grew red and I swore those slightly parted lips wants something. 

It's so hard preventing myself from not doing anything. I saw how Wonyoung's stare travelled from my eyes down to my lips too. 

 

 

 

Are we having the same thought? 

 

 

 

Agh~ that made me swallow a big lump in my throat. 

 

 

Not knowing anything, I unconsciously moved my face closer to hers, 

 

 

 

 

 

slowly

 

 

 

 

closing the gap between us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


It felt so right when our lips touched. It wasn't moving or anything but I felt really ecstatic already. Our lips stayed in that position for a half minute until Wonyoung detached her lips and slowly opened her eyes.

 


"You're so beautiful Jang Wonyoung" I softly said. More like of a whisper. A small smile crept on the side of her face that made me smile too but soon faded away and a loud sigh escaped .

"What just happened eonni?" That made my throat dry all of a sudden. 

 

 


What did just happened? 

 

 

What did just happened Ahn Yu Jin? 

 

 

We just kissed

 

 

I just kissed her and she just let me. 

 

 

We've kissed...

 

 

 

"Me and my bestfriend kissed! "

 

 


"It's normal for bestfriend to k-to..." 

"Yeah of course. Bestfriends do that" Since she was struggling of saying it. I decided to cut her and just agree. 

Hell no bestfriends do that! I swore when our lips got connected there was something that sparked between us. 

 

 

Is she now regretting it? 

 

 

 


"Where are you going eonni?" 


"Outside, just wanting to get some fresh air" 


"But- eonni!" Didn't she felt something through that kiss? 

 

 

 

Reality check Ahn Yu Jin, Wonyoung will never look at you as something else other than just her bestfriend. 

 

 

 

I decided to head outside and grabbed some fresh air. I will end up being suffocated if I stayed inside. Just thinking about Wonyoung regretting the kiss earlier kills me.


"Yujin?" I was currently walking, with deep thoughts inside my head when someone familiar called me. I turned to where that voice came from and who'm I saw made me smile. 

"Eonni" 

"What are you doing at this hour here?" 

"Just walking around. Having some fresh air." 

"Ahh." 

"How about you eonni?" 

"Hmm? Me? We were buying some ice cream down the corner" 

"We?—" 

 

 

 

 

"Minmin" In a corner came out a not so tall but beautiful girl. She had this blond curly hair and this big smile plastered on her face.

"Oh~ eonni. Done buying your ice cream?" 

"Yep. All done ㅋ ㅋ" She showed her ice cream bar to Minjoo eonni and flashed her influencial smile to her. "  

 

 

 

So she's the "we" Minjoo eonni meant.

 

 

 

"Who are you?" The girl beside Minjoo eonni asked.

"Ahn Yu Jin" I carefully stated my name. 

"Ahn Yujin? Ahhh... I remembered it now. Your name's mentioned by Minmin's friends earlier" 

 

 

I was mentioned by Minmin's friend? 

 

 

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm Kriesha. Kriesha Chu." She added extending her hand for a handshake. 

"Nice to meet you too" I accepted her hand for a handshake and flashed her my smile. 

Why does all of Minjoo eonni's friends are so beautiful? Hyewon eonni, Chaewon eonni and now Kriesha eonni? Even her cousin Chaeyeon eonni who has now a goddess girlfriend Sakura eonni is beautiful too. 

"She's weird. Don't you get tired of smiling all the time?" My thoughts got cut when I heard Kriesha eonni said something to me.

"Ne?" 

"I said. Don't you get tired of smiling all the time..." 

"Eh? I'm not always smiling" 

"Of course you are. I even thought you became some mad girl or something" 

"Stop it eonni. She looked so beautiful anyway when she smiles."  Minjoo eonni smiled. Somehow I felt shy when she said that. It's the first time that I've had such compliment.

"Eheh~ Thanks eonni" I flashed a big smile at her and she let out a giggle. 

"Beautiful? She looks the same" 

"Eonni!" Minjoo eonni quickly hit Kriesha eonni on the arm and glared at her. 

"What? I'm just saying" 

"You're being rude" 

"Rude? How was saying the truth rude!?" 

"Ya! Eonni" 

"Okay, stop now you guys." I decided to stop the two before it leads to something else. 

I really appreciate Minjoo eonni's kindness here but I guess, Kriesha eonni's right at some point. Well maybe at everything. 
Both of them have this beautiful smile and they look extremely gorgeous, cute and pretty in any way espcially when they smile. but, I don't. 
Everyone of them. Except for me. 

Now that I think about it, Why would Wonyoung want to have someone  who's not beautiful right? Why would she date a stupid person like me? 

 

 

Sigh.... 

 

 

"Yujinie~?" I woke up again from my train of thoughts  when Minjoo eonni softly called my name and lightly tapped my shoulder.

"Eonni. Where is Kriesha eonni?" 

"She went home first and I told her I'll stay here for a while." 

"Why did she went home first? What about you?" 

"I'm tired of arguing with her so, I sent her home actually." I felt happy all of a sudden when she said she'll gonna stay for a while. Why am I feeling happy and excited? 

"I see. She shouldn't have left you eonni. Who's gonna take you home later? And it's also late" 

"Same with you. You're supposed to be staying at your pad right now and yet, you're here." I let out a shy laugh which she giggled and we started walking to nowhere in particular. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't mind what she said." As we were walking, Minjoo eonni suddenly said something.

"Hmm?" 

"Kriesha eonni. Don't mind what she said earlier about you"

 

 

Ahh~ so that's what she meant. 

 

 

 

"No, it's actually okay. She's right anyway" 

"No she's not!" 

"Eonni..." I was startled by the sudden raise of voice of Minjoo eonni. 

"Sorry" 

"You seriously are beautiful Yujinie. You need to believe that" I looked at Minjoo eonni and was met by her precious eyes. I saw how sincere she was and how she truly meant those words. It made my heart melt for a second. So I quickly stared at somewhere else. It felt like, I'm going to get drowned in those eyes. Then I heard her giggled. 

"You're so cute" Okay. That's so random and I know I'm crazily blushing right now. 

Why am I fluttering by this simple words? I mean I already know that I'm cute and I usually get that compliment a lot but when she said it, It just brought a different feeling to me. 

You're blushing? Haha cute" Even her laugh sounds beautiful. 

 

 


Agh! eotteokhe? 

 

 

 


"Stop it eonni and I'm not blushing" I averted my eyes to somewhere else, trying to avoid her stares. I know I'm blushing. I'm freaking blushing right now. Someone who's so beautiful in and out just called me beautiful earlier and cute! 

"Arasseo~ I'll stop now" Silence enveloped the both of us. A comforting one. Somehow, I'm glad that I left the pad and went out. If not, I can't be able to forget earlier's scene and I won't be able to meet Minjoo eonni. 

Honestly? Being with Minjoo eonni gives me comfort. Like she's the rainbow in my storm. 

 

 

Wait what? Where did that came from? 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sigh... I felt like I'm cheating with Wonyoung  on Minjoo eonni. 

She's just- when I'm feeling blue? she's unexpectedly always there. 

 

 

Is it just a coincidence? Maybe? 

 

 

I looked at at my side and stared at eonni's side profile. She's really beautiful and even though I'm not fully observing her entire face, I can still say that she's somehow down. Like she's having a big burden that she's carrying. Sadness was really visible in her entire system. 

I wonder what made her like that though. Who made her become so blue and I'm curious on what happened. I'm sure she had this smile that I wish to see before, some time ago and I bet she's the most beautiful person in the whole world that time. 

We stopped at a bench in the park near my place. Oh, I haven't noticed that.
She inhaled so deeply, trying to get the fresh night breeze inside her system and then exhaled a comforting one. 

 

 

 

 

"Yujin-ssi" 

"Eonni" We both said at the same time. That made us laugh though. 

"You go first." 

"You go first." We said at the same time again. 

 

 

*Silence* 

 

 

"No, you first." 

"No, you first" 

 

 

*silence* 

 

 

 

"Okay, I-"

"Okay, I-" 

 

 

 

*Silence* 
​​​​​​

 

 

"Alright this should stop" I laughed shyly. Eonni shyly smiled and faced the ground. 

"I just wanted to say, thank you for staying eonni. I was actually not in a good mood this evening that's why I'm out here" I added. She looked at me and nodded. 

"Are you feeling better now?" She asked and I nodded.

"So much better. Thank you again eonni." 

"Anytime Yujin-ssi" 

 

"Btw eonni? You were also about to say something, right"

"Ahh~I kinda forgot what I was supposed to say Yujin-ssi" She flashed me a shy smile.  

"Why is there's a "ssi" on my name eonni? I thought we're friends already" I pouted and she giggled. 

"Ahh, kiyeowo! Sorry, I sometimes forgot your younger than me" Minjoo eonni's laugh made my big smile showed up. Her laugh just brightens up the gloomy mood tonight. 

As the night grew deeper, the wind got colder too. I'm wearing a coat so I'm not feeling any coldness however, it's different for Minjoo eonni. I just then realized that she's wearing a thin clothes. 

I saw how she tried to cover herself using her hands and occasionally rubbing both of her arms. 

 

 

 

Should I give her my coat? 

 

But I'll feel cold as soon as I took this off. 

 

But eonni's freezing to death now! 

 

C'mon Yujin! MOVE! 

 

OKAY, OKAY!

 

 

 

So I stood up and gather all the courage that I could get from the environment and took off my coat. 

"Yujin-ah, what are you doing?" Eonni tried to stood up but I was quick to run to her back and held her shoulders preventing her from standing up. I flinched as soon as I got a  contact of her skin. 

 

 

 

She's freezing!

 

 

 

So I quickly opened the coat and slowly put it on her. She tried to remove it but I didn't let her. 

"Wear it eonni. You're freezing" I sincerely said.

"But, how about you?" 

"Naa~ I'm fine. It's not that cold out here anyway" I flashed her a big smile that made her smile too.

"Gomawo" 

"No problem" 

 

 

 

Honestly? I'm freezing! I just can't tell Minjoo eonni cause, she might felt guilty and she might not accept the coat so, I told her the opposite instead. Thankfully though, she bought it. 

Like I predicted earlier, As soon as the coat and my body lost it's contact, the coldness quickly enveloped my body. Thankfully I'm wearing a long sleeve so I can still manage. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Later that night, I walked Minjoo eonni home.

You aren't expecting me to leave her in a creepy street with those creepy side lights, alone aren't you? 

She insisted on me staying at her place since it's very late already and it's now starting to get everything froozen but I chose not to. Although my system really wanted me to stay, I just can't. I can't let Wonyoung be alone tonight. I even left her for a very long time already too, I'm sure she's super worried now. 

 

 

 

When I entered the pad, I was surprised to see Chaeyeon and Sakura eonni at our living room, sitting on the couch. 

"Oh- Chaeyeon eonni, Sakura eonni Annyeong~ What are you doing here?" Instead of getting a verbal answer, I got a glare from them. 

"Where were you?" 

"The park? I was with Minjoo eonni" 

"Minjoo? My cousin Minjoo?" 

"Y-yes" 

"Why the heck were you with Minjoo!?" 

"Chaeyeon, keep your voice down. Wonyoung's sleeping" Sakura eonni said. Almost a whisper. 

"Wonyoung? Is she-" I quickly went to the sofa and check if she's there sleeping and yes I was right. 

"Why is she here?" 

"She said you went out to have some fresh air. It's getting late and you're still not back yet, so she wen't out to find you." Sakura eonni slowly said while Wonyoung's hair. She made Sakura eonni's thigh as her pillow. 

"You had any idea on how low the temperature right now outside right? And she's walking around in the street, for almost 2 hours, wearing only a long thin shirt! You know how weak her immune system is!?" 

"So what happened? Why is she laying down here and not in our bedroom?" 

"I don't know, maybe because she collapsed in the middle of a freezing road? If me and Sakura haven't gone to the convenient store and if Sakura didn't insist of taking the south road, Wonyoung would still be in that street, laying down, unconscious!" 

"I had no idea she'll- I'm sorry" Is all that I could say. I felt guilty about what I did. 

 

 

 

Why does she have to go out? Is she out of her mind!?

 

 

 

"Yeah, you're sorry. We're gonna leave. You take care of her. I don't want our Wonyoung to get sick. You understand me Ahn!?" 

"Ne, Algeseubnida eonni" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The house now's empty with me squating on the floor while watching a sleeping Wonyoung. 

"Why the heck did you went out of the house?" I gently her hair.

"You could have just texted me" 

"Pabo, I didn't bring my phone. Aish!"

"You're really stupid Yujin!" 

"Aish" 

"Please be well now Wonyoung-ah~" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

 

Here's another chapter. 

How's it? Please tell me your thoughts in the comment section below... 

 

Don't forget to subscribe and upvote! 감사합니다!