CHAPTER 8 — (Dugeun, Dugeun)

I Don't Wanna Love You

CHAPTER 8

 


"What was her name again?"  Yujin tried to re-call the time where Chaeyeon introduced her cousin to them and tried to remember her name but, she just can't. She stopped a little closed distance from where Chaeyeon's cousin was sitting and realized, she was also alone. 

"Why was she here?"  Yujin softly asked. She looked at her watch that reads 9:45. "It's quiet late too." 

Yujin decided to get near the girl and just ask the questions she was asking on herself earlier. She also understands the feeling of being alone as she too had her fair share of it and she don't want her Chaeyeon eonni's cousin to get that kind of feeling. 

"Excuse me?" Yujin said, asking the attention of the girl. Slowly, the girl lifted her puffy eyes and was surprised to see Yujin in front of her. 

"So she has been crying" Yujin thought. Now that she already had a clear view of the girl's face, she can easily tell that she knows the person. "Minjoo eonni" 

"Oh, Yujin-ssi" 

"You remembered me?" Yujin asked. Happy about the thought that she remembered her. They didn't had any interaction that day they met so, it was surprising for Yujin that the girl remembered her name. Minjoo gave her a nod. "What are you doing this late night here?" Minjoo asked. Yujin sat down first so the older girl won't have a hard time looking up. 

"I was with Chaeyeon eonni earlier at Lotte. I was on my way to mine and my bestfriend's pad when I saw you here" Minjoo again nodded and left Yujin's gaze. Silence enveloped thier sorroundings again. Yujin was contemplating whether she'll say something or just mind her own business and left or to just stay and accompany Minjoo.

"Eonni? If you don't mind me asking? What are you doing here so late at night?" Nevertheless, she decided to break the silence and talk to the latter. It gets awkward to just sit and pretended they don't know each other anyway. 

The older girl looked at her for a moment, calmly scanning Yujin's face. Then got her attention back to somewhere at the front. 

"Just thinking Yujin-ssi" She answered. Yujin nodded. 

"What were you thinking?" 

"Just some random stuff" Yujin again nodded in understandment. Another silence rose up. Yujin was contemplating again whether to ask the question she's been wanting to ask earlier or to just shrugged it. Nevertheless, she has to decided before the silence turned to an awkward atmosphere again.

"Eonni?" 

"hmm?" 

"I'm sorry for asking this but, why were you crying?" Yujin carefully asked fixing her gaze at her. The older girl didn't moved. Just continued to stare at the empty and lonely road ahead. Yujin was internally smacking her head. 

"Why did you asked that? That's so personal! Now she might be thinking that you're some kind of a gossip" 

"Aish..." Yujin let out a frustrating sigh. She didn't know that while she's been scolding and hitting herself internally, the older girl was actually smiling. Amused on how frustrated the younger girl was. A small giggle eventually escaped from and she immediately looked away. Yujin who heard it quicky rose her head and stared at the older girl. She remained her gaze at her for a minute but sensing that the older won't look at her, she lowered down her head again and pouted. The older girl looked again at Yujin as soon as the younger's stare wasn't fixed at her, smiling.

"I'm not crying. My eyes were just puffy today, I guess." The older girl said. Yujin lift her head to see the older girl's face but it was again fixed at the front. She was definitely sure that the older girl was crying. She means, the eyes won't just puff for no reason. But, she decided to not push it. She barely knew the girl and if the older girl would want to tell her about it or would like to share why her eyes were like that, she should already have done it earlier and not just made up some excuses.

"Yujin-ssi?" 

"Hmm?" 

"What would you do if someone from the past get backs again?" The older suddenly asked and stared at her for a second. The question got Yujin by surprise. She didn't thought that Minjoo will asked her this kind of question randomly.

"Why did you ask eonni?"

"Just... Wanted something to talk" Minjoo actually wanted "someone"  to talk with and that question she just asked? Isn't just a random question as what Yujin thought it was. 

"Okay. Ahm? Who's that someone from the past were you actually refering to eonni?" Minjoo thought for a second whether to push with the idea of having this as their topic or not. But, seeing the younger girl was now all getting ready for her answer, she decided to just go with it.

"Nevermind..." Or not. Yujin was quiet disapointed because she already prepared an answer for it. She was again scolding herself too as her question might cause a misunderstanding in the older girl's mind. She wasn't reffering to the person the older girl had encountered, she was actually referring to the person who she was kinda referring. Is he or she a loved-one? A family? A friend? You get the idea? Nevertheless, she decided to just let it go too. It's just a random question anyway. 

"Eonni? It's quiet late. Shouldn't you head back to your house? Chaeyeon eonni might get worried." Yujin told the older girl as soon as she noticed the time. It's 10:43, almost an hour since Yujin got there and her Chaeyeon eonni might be worried that her cousin wasn't home yet. Or her parents for that matter.

"Why would Chaeyeon get worried?" 

"Ahm? Because you're her cousin? And you're living together?" 

"Who said we're living together?" Minjoo asked half giggling at the sudden information of her and her cousin living together. She has her own house alright? Yujin made a thinking pose for a sec and Minjoo swore that it's the cutest thing she saw today especially when Yujin pouted her lips. 

"Sorry eonni, I just concluded it myself" Yujin nervously laughed while saying that. She trier to remember if Chaeyeon mentioned that she and her cousin were sharing the same house or dorm but she can't recall any because Chaeyeon never said or mentioned it. 

"I have my own house." Minjoo explained. Yujin silly laughed at it and internally smacked again her head.

"Of course she's living with her parents at their "own" house. Why did you thought that Chaeyeon and her were living together?" 


"You're so cute Yujin-ssi." Minjoo flashed her a smile and patted her head, messing up her hair. Yujin was surprised at the sudden act of the older girl but eventually find it cute and giggled along. 
Minjoo then stood up and was now ready to go when Yujin stopped her. 

"Minjoo eonni? Where are you going?" Minjoo was somehow bewildered but flashed her a smile again. 

"I'm going home. You said it's already late right? And Chaeyeon eonni might get worried" 

"Ahh, right. Right." Yujin nodded. She did said that earlier. "Well, let me walk you home. That way is also the way to our pad" Minjoo looked at the way to her house then back to Yujin. Quietly scaling whether the idea of Yujin walking her home is a good thing or not?

 

"Well, we're heading for the same way so why not?"

 

After a minute of thinking which for Yujin was equivalent for years, Minjoo slowly and carefully nodded. Still thinking if it's the right think to do. A big smile plastered on the younger girl's face upon getting an approval from her eonni. Celebrating that she won't be alone going home and that she can also accompany the older girl. 

"Dork" Minjoo said while giggling before proceeding to head her way to her house leaving a celebrating Yujin behind. 

"Eonni? Wait for me!" 


 

 

°~°~°~°~°

 

On the other side of the city, a certain cute person was celebrating too, for her dream to sleep beside a very beautiful human being came true! 

Earlier at Lotte, Nako has never been happier when Wonyoung called her to join them at the "World's Largest Indoor Themed-Park" to have fun. She asked Hitomi and Sakura to come with her since she's still shy to be around with strangers and to be around with Wonyoung too. Since they didn't had anything to do so they decided to tag along. 

Nako's smile never once left her face once she saw Wonyoung at Lotte, until the time that they went home together. She can never be thankful enough to Hitomi since she's the one who offered the "sleep-over"  thing. Maybe luck was also on her side when Yujin decided to not come along. Although she saw a tint of sadness in Wonyoung's eyes,  (Well who wouldn't? Her bestfriend's not coming) she decided to just shrugged it. Thinking that it's a good thing for her and Wonyoung to have the night without any disturbance.
.
.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
.
.
And that was exactly what happened when Hitomi decided to head straight to her bedroom because she was super tired and her Sakura eonni decided to sleep at Chaeyeon's place. Although at first she was curious as to why? But, that was quickly cleared out when she remembered what Sakura told them before they went and met Wonyoung and her friends at Lotte. 

 

 

"If Chaeyeon is there, I'll make sure that she will never run away again. I'll make sure to tell her what she hadn't heard from me back in Japan before this day will end." 

"Eonni? Don't you think you're too fast?"

"Eh? of course not Nako-chan. Chaeyeon eonni was actually the one who's very slow. So go Sakura eonni! Ganbatte!" 

 

 

That memory caused Nako to giggle. Wonyoung who was watching the movie looked at her Nako eonni wondering what made the shorty to giggle. 

"What?" Nako, innocently asked 

"The movie's not even funny eonni, why were you giggling?"

"Oh, I just remembered something funny." 

"Share it to me eonni" Wonyoung's attention were now on her instead of the movie. Nako who was smilling all along, politely shook her head a "No". Even if it's Wonyoung? She still will protect the secrets of her friends. 

"When the time comes I'll tell you" Wonyoung pouted but later smiled and nodded. 

"It might be a secret of your friend that you're trying to keep so okay. I'll wait" Wonyoung flashed her a very sincere smile.

"How'd you know?" Nako asked. Wondering why did Wonyoung got exactly the reason why she can't share it to her. 

"Because I also do that." 

"You mean you also kept the secrets of your friends?" 

"Yep, especially the secrets of Yujin eonni and vice-versa." Now that the name had been mentioned, she can't help but be curious about their friendship. Keeping each other's secret is an indication that both of them have that special kind of feeling towards each other. 

"You and Yujin were really good friends." Nako said which Wonyoung happily nodded, getting her attention back to the movie they were watching in Nako's laptop. Nako bitterly smiled. She's quiet jealous because Yujin got the chance to become Wonyoung's bestfriend in this lifetime. She has all the time and opportunities to be close to her. They even lived in the same dorm! Nako would do anything just have that chance. 

"We have been GOOD FRIENDS since forever, I think" Nako sensed the bitterness on the younger's tone of voice by the mentioned of "Good Friends" and she can't help but think that maybe, there's a little "special"  that the younger girl was feeling towards her bestfriend. Now that thought made her heart sting a bit.

"Isn't that a good thing?" She slowly asked. Silently observing the girl's reaction. 

"Yeah. A VERY GOOD THING

"Why did it sounded like it's a bad thing?" The younger girl turned her attention back at her with the look that only Wonyoung can explain. She had this bitterness inside her eyes. The way she observed Nako was also showing some anger inside of her that's slowly building. It's like she was getting irritated and annoyed by the question. Some seconds later, Wonyoung was like about to cry because of the fact that maybe, her Nako eonni was right. It is a bad thing. Being a "good friend"  of Yujin is a bad thing. To be called just her Yujin eonni's "Bestfriend"  is a bad thing. And Nako saw this all.

"Why would it be a bad thing?" 

"I don't know, you tell me." Nako casually said. Like it didn't even matter and in a "I don't care tone".  She tried to avert her attention unto the movie that they were watching and wanted to forget about the topic that she just caused to happen. 

Sensing that Nako's not into the conversation anymore, Wonyoung decided to forget about it and yawned. Maybe she was just sleepy that's why she felt something weird inside of her earlier. 

"Eonni? Aren't we going to sleep yet? I'm already tired" Wonyoung tirely said and stretched her long arms upward. Nako who just got herself focused on the movie was again interupted and instead of getting angry, she actually giggled at how Wonyoung looks so cute yawning and stretching her body like a baby. She patted Wonyoung's head which Wonyoung allowed. Even lowered down her head a bit for Nako to reach and laid herself on the cute thighs of Nako. Thankfully the room was dark and only the light of the laptop was making things a little visible for human's eyes. If not? Wonyoung would probably see the growing of pinkish-red shading on Nako's cheeks and a very cheeky smile creeping on her face. 

 

"I won't let you fall for her. I'll make sure you'll end up loving me" 

 

I don't know if that thought was evil? Or not. But, having Wonyoung's arms wrapped around her small waist like it's some kind of plushie and her head on the older girl's thigh which served as Wonyoung's pillow, made Nako thought about that. The continously breathing of Wonyoung calmly into her stomach was making Nako even more determined to take the girl and be her girlfriend. 

"I swear I'll treat you right and I'll do anything to make you happy Wonyoung-iiiiie"  She softly said once she confirmed that Wonyoung was already in her deep slumber while gently finger combing her hair. 

Although Nako slept in a very uncomfortable position that night. She can't argue with anyone. She's even more happy about it because she made Wonyoung rest well and comfortable. She never felt so comfortable and so lucky at the same time in her entire life. 

She can only be thankful for that night. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

°~°~°~°~°

 

 

"So eonni, which school do you attend?" 

 

"The same school as yours" 

 

"Daebak, Why didn't I saw you before?" Yujin and Minjoo were walking together on their way to their respective home. It was a very quiet walk at first. It's a peaceful atmosphere for Minjoo but for Yujin? She thought the awkward silence enveloped them again so in-order to break it, she tried asking random questions. 

 

"So Eonni? Were you and Chaeyeon eonni like super close?" 

 

"Yes" 

 

"Since when?"

 

"Since when we're little Yujin-ssi" 

 

 

*Silence*

 

 

"Minjoo eonni? What grade are you?" 

 

"I'm in my 10th grade" 

 

"Oah! Daebak!

 

 

*Silence* 

 

 

"Eonni? Are we near to your house yet?" 

 

"Two blocks more Yujin-ssi"

 

"Okay." 

 

 

*Silence* 

 

 

"Minjoo eonni? Do you also have a bestfriend?" 

That question made Minjoo stopped at her tracks. 

 

"A bestfriend?" 

 

"Ne. Like me and Wonyoung." 

 

"N-ne. I have" 

Minjoo continued walking. Like that question didn't stung some parts in her. 

 

"So where is she?" 

 

"She's here in Korea" 

 

 

*Silence*

 

 

"Are we there yet?" 

 

"There where?"

 

"Your house" 

 

"Not quiet"

 

"Okay" 

 

 

*Silence*

 

 


"How long have you been together" 

Again, another question that stopped her from going any farther. Yujin started to wonder what made her suddenly halt to a stop and once again, internally smacking herself for being so insintive human being. 

 

"You know what eonni? You really don't ha-" 

 

"Since forever, I guess" Minjoo softly answered. Even if her voice was so low, she still managed to get the message which made her smile. Now she know's that this was a very sensitive topic to the older girl so she decided to forgot about that. 

 

"Eonni?-" 

 

"Yujin-ssi" Sensing another round of Question and Answer would come, Minjoo decided to stop whatever Yujin had in mind. The way the older girl called her name was so serious that made the younger girl froze on her spot and shutted up right away. She somehow got scared of the older girl's tone.

"We're here. This is actually my home." Minjoo pointed at a very big house at her back. Yujin smiled and nodded. 

"Well, You go inside now eonni" She said. Urging the girl to go inside so she can go back and rest to her pad. 

"What about you? Is your house still far?" Minjoo asked, full of concern in her voice.

"Ani. Actually, we already passed our pad like three blocks earlier so hahaha" Yujin scratched the back of her and and laughed so nervously. Minjoo on the other hand, had her eyes grew wider. 

 

"Why didn't she told me earlier?" 

 

"Ya~ Why didn't you said anything?" 

"Cause if I did I kinda knew that you won't let me accompany you going here so I didn't mentioned it." Yujin shyly explained. Facing the ground like it's the most interesting thing there. Minjoo was quiet surprised about her answer and was celebrating inside because of it. She always believe that behind a very silly and dorky girl that Yujin usually is, was a very beautiful and sweet person. Who knew she would quickly see and witnessed it. 

"Eh... Eonni is blushing" Yujin teased Minjoo that made her blushed even more. 

"I'm not. Why would I?" 

"Because I'm such a sweet dongsaeng." The growing big smile that was visible on Minjoo's face slowly died down when the mention of "Dongsaeng" went out. A sudden sting inside of her that felt like a needle that was pricked so deeply in her. Yujin was so oblivious about the state of the older girl and was just smiling proudly of herself.

"Yeah, maybe you are..." 

"Jinjja? YEAH!

"You should go now. It's already quarter to midnight." 

"Naa I'm fine. You should go inside now eonni." 

"What about you?" Minjoo worriedly asked. She cares so much of the younger girl and it's close to midnight already. It'll be her fault if something bad will happen to her. 

"I'll head back when you go inside" Yujin flashed her a big smile and urged her to go inside their huuuuuge gate. 

"Okay. Thanks for accompanying me all the way here. Take care on your way back." 

"Naaa~ It's nothing. Alright. Rest well eonni."

"You too." Minjoo was about to turn around and head for the gate when she turned her body back facing Yujin again.

"How about you'll just stay for the night? It's really late to walk alone in that road. With that very dim light, and it's so scary and it's very dangerous for you" 

"Gwaenchana eonni. I am used to this kind of event" Yujin flashed her a reassuring smile and pushed her gently inside. Thankfully, the gate smoothly opened so Yujin didn't had a hard time, getting the older girl inside. 

"Okay, okay. Just... Be careful" Minjoo said in a very caring tone which caused Yujin to flinched a little. 

 

 

*Dugeun

 

*Dugeun

 

 

"Oah, neomo yeppeo"  She thought. Yujin once again nodded and flashed her very famous dimpled bunny teethed smile! Minjoo finally let out a small smile before closing the gate and went inside. While Yujin just stayed there. Unmoved and was holding the hem of her shirt near her heart. 

"What was that?" She softly muttered to herself looking at where her right hand was currently placed. She inhaled a very deep breath and exhaled loudly before heaving a very loud sigh. 

 

"I might probably just sleepy and tired" Yujin said while nodding in agreement on herself motivations.

 

"Yes, probably" 

 

"I should head back?" She asked herself and once again nodded 

"Yeah, I should. I think I should get going now." And by that, Yujin slowly turned her way facing the street again and made her way back to her pad. Shrugging the feeling of her heavily beating heart. 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

EYYYYYYYYYYY~ Here's another chapter ya'll !!!!

I hope you had fun reading this chapter!

Please tell me your thoughts about this chapter in the comment section. I really would love tovread them . Also do upvote and subscribe juseyo~

 

Ja~ till next update ! SEE YOU!